Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed (2483 Views)

Judge Refuses To Return Sule Lamido’s Trial To Justice Ademola / Justice Ademola’s Acquittal: Presidency Frowns As FG Appeals Judgment / Abuja High Court Dismisses Charges Against Justice Ademola & His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by bnovative(m): 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
Justice Ademola of the federal High court has just been discharged and acquitted of corruption charges brought against him by the Buhari-led government. Recall that the government had arrested and charged him to court with so much fanfare. But now, the court has decided what we have always known -that the government has no case against him at all. They were just doing their usual fanfare to cajole the gullible into believing that Buhari is fighting corruption. The court ended the case at the 'no case' level. What this means is that having seen what the prosecution presented as evidence, the court did not even bother to call on the accused to open his defense. There was no need for the accused to lead evidence. The evidence presented by prosecution showed that 'no case' was made out against the accused. The prosecution did not show anything that would warrant the court to ask the accused to open his defence. There is no prima facie case ,as we say it. The court specifically held that the federal government's case was based on suspicion and the need to show that they are fighting corruption. Nothing else. Courts dont convict based on suspicion,no matter how strong. What of all those,including some lawyers, who wanted Justice Ademola to resign as a result of government's accusation? What can they say now? If he had left his job ,What would have happened now that he has been proven innocent by a court of competent jurisdiction? I dont know of justice Ademola. If I was in his shoes there is no way I would not sue this idiotic government for malicious prosecution. Not all cases that ends at 'no case' shows malicious prosecution. But this one shows it. You don't charge someone ,whose job depends so much on reputation ,to court based on mere suspicion of corruption. You must have some serious evidence. Buhari is merely using Efcc and other agencies to target his political enemies and judges who are not 'friendly' .

8 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Pontaboki: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Watch as the BMC crew arrive here to bash the OP

7 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by profhezekiah: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
Nigeria shamed nt efcc just like ibori case he was vindicated here and he was insulted and guilty in UK, nigeria is fork under saraki and buhari

3 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Mentcee(m): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Buhari is a fool.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by vatiqan(m): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Another mumu Mod, banned me for 2 weeks! On April 3rd, 2:44pm, Ozekhome vs EFCC, one SeniorZato; said my exact statement, but till date he's still online.

The mods are triballistic, selective, hateful, oppressive and discriminatory!

Show me some love and shame the enemies!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Pontaboki: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2017
One crew member spotted!!!
profhezekiah:
Nigeria shamed nt efcc just like ibori case he was vindicated here and he was insulted and guilty in UK, nigeria is fork under saraki and buhari

2 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by bnovative(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2017
This post need the level of awareness given when efcc arrested the judge. pls mode do the needful, now the court has vindicated this man
cc: Lala!!

2 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by psucc(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2017
The trial Judge made one comment that all the charges are based on suspicion and speculation fueled by the urge to fight corruption which no reasonable court could based on . . .

In fact, they will not appeal this case since Buhari has also escaped the hammer

5 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by papaejima1: 5:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
So there was no corruption at all sef?
How come they were playing smokes and mirrors with us?
In the voice of Nnamdi Kanu, " This country is a zoo"

2 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Funlordmaniac(m): 5:55pm On Apr 05, 2017
bnovative:
Justice Ademola of the federal High court
has just been discharged and acquitted of
corruption charges brought against him by
the Buhari-led government.
Recall that the government had arrested
and charged him to court with so much
fanfare. But now, the court has decided
what we have always known -that the
government has no case against him at
all. They were just doing their usual
fanfare to cajole the gullible into believing
that Buhari is fighting corruption.
The court ended the case at the 'no case'
level. What this means is that having seen
what the prosecution presented as
evidence, the court did not even bother
to call on the accused to open his
defense. There was no need for the
accused to lead evidence. The evidence
presented by prosecution showed that
'no case' was made out against the
accused. The prosecution did not show
anything that would warrant the court to
ask the accused to open his defence.
There is no prima facie case ,as we say it.
The court specifically held that the federal
government's case was based on
suspicion and the need to show that they
are fighting corruption. Nothing else.
Courts dont convict based on suspicion,no
matter how strong.
What of all those,including some lawyers,
who wanted Justice Ademola to resign as
a result of government's accusation? What
can they say now? If he had left his job
,What would have happened now that he
has been proven innocent by a court of
competent jurisdiction?
I dont know of justice Ademola. If I was
in his shoes there is no way I would not
sue this idiotic government for malicious
prosecution. Not all cases that ends at 'no
case' shows malicious prosecution. But
this one shows it.
You don't charge someone ,whose job
depends so much on reputation ,to court
based on mere suspicion of corruption.
You must have some serious evidence.
Buhari is merely using Efcc and other
agencies to target his political enemies
and judges who are not 'friendly' .

Your source travel? Or is this another one of your igbere standard types of journalism? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by hannyjay(f): 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2017
SUPPER MARKET JUDGEMENT only d wise ll understand

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by blackpanda: 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
[s]
bnovative:
matter how strong.
competent jurisdiction?
this one shows it.
[/s]

Wait till d prosecution appeals
I know you don't like Buhari. You prefer to support corruption, you that is a serial applicant. Smh
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by tinsel: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
bnovative:
Justice Ademola of the federal High court has just been discharged and acquitted of corruption charges brought against him by the Buhari-led government. Recall that the government had arrested and charged him to court with so much fanfare. But now, the court has decided what we have always known -that the government has no case against him at all. They were just doing their usual fanfare to cajole the gullible into believing that Buhari is fighting corruption. The court ended the case at the 'no case' level. What this means is that having seen what the prosecution presented as evidence, the court did not even bother to call on the accused to open his defense. There was no need for the accused to lead evidence. The evidence presented by prosecution showed that 'no case' was made out against the accused. The prosecution did not show anything that would warrant the court to ask the accused to open his defence. There is no prima facie case ,as we say it. The court specifically held that the federal government's case was based on suspicion and the need to show that they are fighting corruption. Nothing else. Courts dont convict based on suspicion,no matter how strong. What of all those,including some lawyers, who wanted Justice Ademola to resign as a result of government's accusation? What can they say now? If he had left his job ,What would have happened now that he has been proven innocent by a court of competent jurisdiction? I dont know of justice Ademola. If I was in his shoes there is no way I would not sue this idiotic government for malicious prosecution. Not all cases that ends at 'no case' shows malicious prosecution. But this one shows it. You don't charge someone ,whose job depends so much on reputation ,to court based on mere suspicion of corruption. You must have some serious evidence. Buhari is merely using Efcc and other agencies to target his political enemies and judges who are not 'friendly' .
This is DSS case. Not Efcc
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by SeniorZato(m): 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2017
vatiqan:
Another mumu Mod, banned me for 2 weeks! On April 3rd, 2:44pm, Ozekhome vs EFCC, one SeniorZato; said my exact statement, but till date he's still online.

The mods are triballistic, selective, hateful, oppressive and discriminatory!

Show me some love and shame the enemies!
What are you talking about?
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by bnovative(m): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

I know you don't like Buhari. You prefer to support corruption, you that is a serial applicant. Smh
BMC representative. Sorry no case.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by BeardedMeat(m): 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Your source travel? Or is this another one of your igbere standard types of journalism? undecided
If they finally give you sauce, how many wraps of fufu can you finish. Karma has already served the evil Nigerian president.
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by BeardedMeat(m): 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
hannyjay:
Shame on the tyrant Buhary!
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by 9jabull: 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2017
If this is truth then he should sue DSS, so they don't have enough evidence storm people houses like thieves.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by BeardedMeat(m): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

How many times do you know when a higher court disregarded the position of the lower courts? Will this be the first time effc is shamed in court? Rather than hoping on an appeal, advise your deaf president to invest more in training and retraining his prosecutors cos they are incompetent. Mtcheew!
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Delphi(m): 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
Based on espirit-de-corps, I'm not surprised he and his wife are 'discharged and acquitted'. If it were to be in saner climes, he (and the wife) is/are to be jailed without parole. The reason the contemporary judge/court 'acquitted' them is that he knows that himself cannot attest to be without blemish. Hence, in the event of him being docked, another judge acting on the same espirit-de-corps will give him a soft landing. If you like believe it or not, Nigeria judiciary is stinking and hyper-corrupt. Never does an ordinary person gets a deserved judgement without bribing. They all have agents/collector-in-lieu. No cadre of the judiciary is spared and the amount increases wrt a higher court. This is exemplified mostly in high profile cases- especially the ones involving pay-ready politicians.
Therefore, the cases against the corrupt judges being prosecuted now will not see the light of the day as the judges acting in unison will frustrate the cases and will never indict/jail one of their own. They are all one and the same!
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by ndcide(m): 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
profhezekiah:

See you... We know where your heart is. Don't deceive yourself. When the matter changed to a question of bribe or gift for buhari's certificate scandal, it was obviously a dead case from that point.
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by BeardedMeat(m): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
hannyjay:
Lolzz new word for you! You should be worried that Buharys efcc goes after perceived opponents in the name of fighting corruption. Just yesterday, you heard the pronouncements on Orubebe's case by the AGF himself. But these men have been long convicted by the Efcc in the media. Why would effc be in such a frenzy hurry to tarnish the image of people without any concrete evidence? Its a script!
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Funlordmaniac(m): 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2017
BeardedMeat:
If they finally give you sauce, how many wraps of fufu can you finish. Karma has already served the evil Nigerian president.

In case you don't know the source validates the article on the thread and that can help push the thread to the front page so that this poster can generate the needed awareness!

I won't expect you to know this anyway since the only thing you are concerned about is screaming afonja rather than informing the general public about breaking news! Now swerve......
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by profhezekiah: 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
ndcide:

See you... We know where your heart is. Don't deceive yourself. When the matter changed to a question of bribe or gift for buhari's certificate scandal, it was obviously a dead case from that point.
I never support anything of tyrant and clueless buhari but it so glaring there was conspiracy in that judgement
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Twist4u: 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2017
“The court specifically held that the feederal governments Case Was based on suspicion .Nothing that, courts don't convict based on suspicion NO Matter how STRONG" this got me laffinnnggg. JUSTIcE Ademola should sue the FG 20billion for this reckless n childish act.

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by goaldynboy: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
[s]Based on espirit-de-corps, I'm not surprised he and the wife are 'discharged and acquitted'. If it were to be in saner climes, he (and the wife) is/are to be jailed without parole. The reason the contemporary judge/court acquitted' them is that he knows that himself cannot attest to be without blemish. Hence, in the event of him being docked, another judge acting on the same espirit-de-corps will give him a soft landing. If you like believe it or not, Nigeria judiciary is stinking and hyper-corrupt. Never does an ordinary person gets a deserved judgement without bribing. They all have agents/collector-in-lieu. No cadre of the judiciary is spared and the amount increases wrt a higher court. This is exemplified mostly in high profile cases- especially involving pay-ready politicians.
Therefore, the cases against the corrupt judges being prosecuted now will not see the light of the day as the judges acting in unison will frustrate them and will never indict/jail one of their own. They are all one and the same![/s]

Efcc abi Dss themselves know they don't have evidence and they are not complaining of verdict! You just down in one beer parlour and be writing these trash! You think to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt is moi moi?!!!

1 Like

Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by baralatie(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2017
Twist4u:
“The court specifically held that the feederal governments Case Was based on suspicion .Nothing that, courts don't convict based on suspicion NO Matter how STRONG" this got me laffinnnggg. JUSTIcE Ademola should sue the FG 20billion for this reckless n childish act.
naa he will let this slide
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by BeardedMeat(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

In case you don't know the source validates the article on the thread and that can help push the thread to the front page so that this poster can generate the needed awareness!

I won't expect you to know this anyway since the only thing you are concerned about is screaming afonja rather than informing the general public about breaking news! Now swerve......
Lolzz...Mr Lecturer. What does it benefit a zombie if Buharys incompetence is displayed on FP for the world to see? Abegii, tell that to your brainwashed Yoruba Muslims.
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by Lusola15: 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/law/breaking-justice-ademola-wife-san-discharged-acquitted/192239.html

http://sunnewsonline.com/breaking-court-discharges-acquits-justice-ademola-wife-and-lawyer/

https://www.naij.com/1097824-breaking-court-discharges-acquits-justice-ademola-wife-lawyer.html

bnovative:
matter how strong.
competent jurisdiction?
this one shows it.
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by blackpanda: 3:36am On Apr 06, 2017
BeardedMeat:
How many times do you know when a higher court disregarded the position of the lower courts? Will this be the first time effc is shamed in court? Rather than hoping on an appeal, advise your deaf president to invest more in training and retraining his prosecutors cos they are incompetent. Mtcheew!

Be quiet kiddo
Re: Justice Ademola Discharged And Acquitted, Efcc Shamed by naijaking1: 4:03am On Apr 06, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

BREAKING: Court discharges, acquits Justice Ademola, wife and lawyer
— 5th April 2017
Reports reaching Daily Sun now indicates that a High Court in Maitama, in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, has dismissed all the 18 corruption charges filed against Justice Adeniyi Ademola, his wife Olubowale, and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Mr. Joe Agi.

The judge and the others were also acquitted of all the charges.

It was gathered that the judgement was delivered by Justice Jude Okeke in a ruling to uphold the respective no-case submissions filed by the defendants.

The charges against the three accused persons were filed by the office of the Attorney-General Federation after some judges including Adeniyi were raided by operatives of the Department of State Service.

According to Justice Okeke, the prosecution was not able to make out a prima facie case with respect to any of the 18 counts even with 19 witnesses and exhibits A to ZZZ to warrant calling on the defendants to enter their defence.

He said the charges were only filed by the prosecution based on suspicion and speculation fueled by the feeling of fight against corruption which no reasonable court could base any conviction on.

“The matter is therefore resolved in favour of the defendants and all the defendants are hereby discharged,” Daily Trust quoted Justice Okeke as saying in his ruling. Meanwhile, watch the arraignment of Andrew Yakubu, the former chairman of the Nigerian National Petroleum Commission (NNPC) after $9.8 million was found in his home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throw Back Pictures Of Femi Fani Kayode With The Hausa Fulani He Now Despises / Nnamdi Kanu Be Careful With Your Words—warning / Buhari's Son Accident Is A Lie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.