Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering (1895 Views)

Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections / PDP Won Benue 2015 Elections - Mike Iordye / Malabu Scandal: AGF Writes Buhari, Wants Trial Of Adoke, Diezani, Others Stopped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 6:26am On Apr 06, 2017
Alison-Madueke, who was described in the charge as “still at large”, is being charged alongside three officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on seven counts of money laundering.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday arraigned a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, and three others with money laundering.

Alison-Madueke, who was described in the charge as “still at large”, is being charged alongside three officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on seven counts of money laundering.

They are: Christian Nwosu, Yisa Olarenwaju and Tijani Bashir.

The charges were read over to the three accused at the Federal High Court, Lagos who were present in court, and Nwosu, pleaded guilty to the charges, while Adedoyin and Bashir pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The prosecutor, Mr Rotimi Oyedepo then informed the trial judge, Justice Mohammed Idris that Nwosu had elected to enter into plea bargain with the EFCC.

Oyedepo added that already Nwosu had made a refund of N5 million and surrendered the title document of a landed property he purchased for N25 million in Delta State.

Reacting, Nwosu’s lawyer, Mrs Adeku Nbangba, confirmed the position and pleaded with Justice Idris to temper justice with mercy in deciding the fate of the accused.

The judge adjourned till April 7, for sentencing and ordered that Nwosu be remanded at the EFCC custody.

Meanwhile, the judge granted bail in the sum of N50 million each to Adedoyin and Bashir, adding that they should deposit their international passport with the court’s registrar.

The prosecution had alleged that the accused committed the offense on March 27, 2015 by accepting bribe from the ex-petroleum minister.

They were also alleged to have conspired to take possession of the sum of about N264 million which sum they reasonably ought to have known formed part of the proceeds of an unlawful act of gratification.

The accused were also said to have made cash payments of the sum of about N235 million, which sum exceeded the amount authorized by law, without going through a financial Institution.

EFCC further alleged that Bashir (fourth accused) also made cash payment of about N70.1 million to Adedoyin (third accused) without going through a financial institution and which sum exceeded the amount authorized by law.

The prosecution also alleged that Bashir also directly took possession of the sum of about N165 million which sum he ought reasonably to have known formed part of an unlawful act of gratification.

In count seven, Nwosu (second accused) was alleged to have directly used the sum of N30 million which he ought to have known formed part of an unlawful act of gratification.

The offenses are said to have contravened the provisions of sections 15 (3), 16 (2) and 18 (a) of the Money Laundering Prohibition Amendment Act, 2012.
http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/05/diezani-others-charged-money-laundering

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 6:26am On Apr 06, 2017
This is one woman who won't escape prosecution, even if others do. And as interesting as this is, this is just one of her many sins: the 2015 elections.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by MakeADifference: 6:29am On Apr 06, 2017
Am sure the judges will be tired of EFCC soon

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by alrahmanonline(m): 6:32am On Apr 06, 2017
Don Fortunato see your life outside, anyway stealing is not corruption sha

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by wildchild1: 6:33am On Apr 06, 2017
Good job guys
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by tuniski: 6:36am On Apr 06, 2017
MakeADifference:
Am sure the judges will be tired of EFCC soon
Hope it won't be thrown out as a no case like Justice ademola's! Efcc and media hot air!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Progressive01(m): 6:37am On Apr 06, 2017
For a great thief like Opkolo Eyes, I would have preferred the case be treated in a US or uk court. Dont any of those courts out there have the jurisdiction to entertain her case?

I don't trust our guys down here; they are most efficient at jailing only Maggi and handset thieves. Bring big thieves before them and you see them lost their sense of interpretation of the law! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 6:40am On Apr 06, 2017
Progressive01:
For a great thief like Opkolo Eyes, I would have preferred the case be treated in a US or uk court. Dont any of those courts out there have the jurisdiction to entertain her case? I don't trust our guys down here; they are most efficient at jailing Maggi and handset thieves.
I'm not even sure she is either of the countries you mentioned. The woman is wise, no doubt. It explains her make up and cancer claim the moment PMB assumed leadership. Regardless, her prosecution is inevitable. That's the truth.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by LastSurvivor11: 6:41am On Apr 06, 2017
Don't convict her on the media until the court of competent jurisdiction says so..

Because I have seen so many media trials in the government without headway eventually..
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by smartty68(m): 6:43am On Apr 06, 2017
Hmmm! Diezani Alison-Madueke again and the criminal is still walking freely undecided

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by ElsonMorali: 6:48am On Apr 06, 2017
If the judiciary is not sanitized and disinfected, I'm sorry to say, but it will be a walk in the park for her.

Seems the government harbors incompetent lawyers and investigators in it's payroll.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Progressive01(m): 6:49am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

I'm not even sure she is either of the countries you mentioned. The woman is wise, no doubt. It explains her make up and cancer claim the moment PMB assumed leadership. Regardless, her prosecution is inevitable. That's the truth.
Well, US and UK have extradition treaties with most countries where crooks like to go cool off and enjoy their loot. I hope she made the mistake of picking one of them for hiding. That way, it would take only a little diplomatic manoeuvres to bring her to justice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by 1shortblackboy: 6:56am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

see them passing jugment on her already based on stories in the media. i guess in nigeria it is guilty untill proven innocent

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by WorldRichest: 7:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday arraigned a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, and three others with money laundering.

They are: Christian Nwosu, Yisa Olarenwaju and Tijani Bashir.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/05/diezani-others-charged-money-laundering

Christian Nwosu - Ibo
Yisa Olarenwaju - Yoruba
Tijani Bashir - Hausa
One Nigeria in crime
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Ngokafor(f): 7:13am On Apr 06, 2017
1shortblackboy:
see them passing jugment on her already based on stories in the media. i guess in nigeria it is guilty untill proven innocent

..,Thats how stuppid they are...at the end of the day,they rush like namas to court without any evidence,when the case gets thrown out,they turn around and accuse the Judges of 'corruption'..

...As you can see one of them has lost 'faith' in the Judiciary cheesy
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 7:22am On Apr 06, 2017
1shortblackboy:
Where in my post was judgement passed on her? Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word 'prosecution'. Please look up a dictionary and come back.

Anyone suspected of criminal related offense, ideally would be subjected to being prosecuted, and that doesn't imply he or she is guilty. The problem you lots have with comprehension is nerve wrecking.

Since you have become the Sergio Ramos of the helpless, please ask her to return to Nigeria so that she can be duly prosecuted.
Ngokafor:

..,Thats how stuppid they are...at the end of the day,they rush like namas to court without any evidence,when the case gets thrown out,they turn around and accuse the Judges of 'corruption'..

Shock me, post something intelligent. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 7:28am On Apr 06, 2017
Progressive01:
Well, US and UK have extradition treaties with most countries where crooks like to go cool off and enjoy their loot. I hope she made the mistake of picking one of them for hiding. That way, it would take only a little diplomatic manoeuvres to bring her to justice.
I learnt she left the UK a long time ago to seek asylum in an Island around the Caribbean, not sure where exactly. There is no way she would still remain in the UK, because almost every Nigerian politician have taken a cue from Ibori's case.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by 1shortblackboy: 7:34am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

Where in my post was judgement passed on her? Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word 'prosecution'. Please look up a dictionary and come back.

Anyone suspected of criminal related offense, ideally would be subjected to being prosecuted, and that doesn't imply he or she is guilty. The problem you lots have with comprehension is nerve wrecking.

Since you have become the Sergio Ramos of the helpless, please ask her to return to Nigeria so that she can be duly prosecuted.

shaarrrrap. how did u kow it was make up and she does not have cancer. did u examine her ?
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2017
1shortblackboy:
shaarrrrap. how did u kow it was make up and she does not have cancer. did u examine her ?
Thought as much, another teen with bonus data.

Care to share her medical report?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by 1shortblackboy: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

old man its past 8 am go work
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:43am On Apr 06, 2017
Still at which large? You guys should go to London and arrest her and stop coming here to sound as if she moved to another planet
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by agabusta: 7:51am On Apr 06, 2017
tuniski:

Hope it won't be thrown out as a no case like Justice ademola's! Efcc and media hot air!

It was not the EFCC that persecuted Justice Ademola. Get your facts right.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by vedaxcool(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2017
[s]
Ngokafor:

[/s]

It is a great pity that an entire generation of beerfraud leaning was raised to believe stealing govt funds is not corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by nwabobo: 8:16am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:
This is one woman who won't escape prosecution, even if others do. And as interesting as this is, this is just one of her many sins: the 2015 elections.

Keep hallucinating.

Orubebe? - Free
Ozekhome? - Free
Ademola? - Free

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 8:24am On Apr 06, 2017
1shortblackboy:
old man its past 8 am go work
You have no idea undecided
nwabobo:

Keep hallucinating.

Orubebe? - Free
Ozekhome? - Free
Ademola? - Free
The people you mentioned, we're they directly involved in Jonathan's government? Remind me again, how many of Diezani's houses have been siezed with the permission of permission of the court
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by 1shortblackboy: 8:25am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

Care to share her medical report?
I dont have her medical report so i dont know if she has cancer or not. u dont have her medical report yet u have decided its all make up
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by 1shortblackboy: 8:29am On Apr 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

It is a great pity that an entire generation of beerfraud leaning was raised to believe stealing govt funds is not corruption.
mumu keep posting this rubbish everywhere. elections are over the new administration has no idea what they're doing yet u dont want to vomit the propaganda u were fed with......kontinue
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 8:31am On Apr 06, 2017
1shortblackboy:
I dont have her medical report so i dont know if she has cancer or not. u dont have her medical report yet u have decided its all make up
Interesting! The survival rate of breast cancer which she claims she has is 5 years (max). Diezani came out to the world that she has been diagnosed of cancer in 2015. I guess you can do the math.

@ypur emboldened, she is not the first to come out with health challenges the moment they leave office. FFK, Obanikoro, Metuh, etc. The song and strategy is the same. Does it not interest you that the cancer of Diezani surfaced the moment Jonathan was kicked out of office I guess not.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by vedaxcool(m): 8:37am On Apr 06, 2017
[s]
1shortblackboy:
mumu keep posting this rubbish everywhere. elections are over the new administration has no idea what they're doing yet u dont want to vomit the propaganda u were fed with......kontinue
[/s]

They don't know what thry are doing yet they have successfully stopped paying salary with borrowed funds something your IMF stooge did at a time of high oil prices? Won't you agree your comments are simply tribalism without any iota of sense?

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by nwabobo: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

You have no idea undecided

The people you mentioned, we're they directly involved in Jonathan's government? Remind me again, how many of Diezani's houses have been siezed with the permission of permission of the court

Orubebe just like Diezani was a minister under Jonathan and in fact even went a notch further to confront Jega.

.....and oh yes, Orubebe also had his house seized. Any more questions?

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Ngokafor(f): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

.....Dude,you and your crew should learn to carry out proper investigations,armed with ample evidence before heading to courts,not assaulting everyone here with your media trials that ends up in nothing..Regardless of how 'guilty' the person is,if you do not have enough evidence,then you will fail at the courts..The courts do not operate on hear-says,gossips and emotions..

....Cases after cases have been lost by your inept APC government agencies at the courts because of lack of adequate evidence..As long as a court has not declared anyone guilty,then its innocent untill proven guilty...What applies to Tinubu should apply to everyone else...There is no room for hypocrisy here..

...By the way,hell will freeze over before anything that does not tickle the fancy of APC zombie supporter will make sense to them..I have no intention of making sense to you lots..period.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Ngokafor(f): 8:41am On Apr 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

...Who is this fly??...pls get lost!!..*sprays insecticide all over him*

(1) (2) (Reply)

The American Civil War Of 1861: Lessons For The Igbos- Frank Eze / President Muhammadu Buhari Is Fake / Doesn't Make Noise But Always In News For Her Exceptional Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.