Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering (1927 Views)

Jimi Agbaje: Why I Lost In 2011, 2015 Elections / PDP Won Benue 2015 Elections - Mike Iordye / Malabu Scandal: AGF Writes Buhari, Wants Trial Of Adoke, Diezani, Others Stopped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 8:44am On Apr 06, 2017
nwabobo:

Orubebe just like Diezani was a minister under Jonathan and in fact even went a notch further to confront Jega.

.....and oh yes, Orubebe also had his house seized. Any more questions?

SMH...

Diezani was a Petroleum minister while Orubebe was the Minister for Niger Delta Affairs. Your so called 'top notch' confrontation was a scripted madness that was to be performed when things didn't go the way Jonathan. We all know how he was washed by Jega.

Not again... Orubebe's house was siezed for FALSE ASSET DECLARATION while he was acquitted over a contract scam. How are they related, please?

By the way, find out why Diezan's properties were siezed and come back again.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by nwabobo: 8:45am On Apr 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

It is a great pity that an entire generation of beerfraud leaning was raised to believe stealing govt funds is not corruption.

In case your dumb brain still doesn't know that stealing is a more serious offence carrying more penalty than acts of corruption in our criminal code act and hence need to be separated for proper punishment to be meted, know it now.

Stealing carries a punishment of up to 7 years imprisonment while acts of corruption carry a maximum jail time of 2 years. People now hide under the ambiguity , so much so that when they steal, instead of being charged for stealing which carries up to 7 year jail time, they are charged for corruption which carries a maximum of 2 years.

It is in response to this that Jonathan said that a thief is a thief and should be treated as a thief and hence stealing shouldn't be treated equally as corruption.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by nwabobo: 8:46am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

SMH...

Diezani was a Petroleum minister while Orubebe was the Minister for Niger Delta Affairs. Your so called 'top notch' confrontation was a scripted madness that was to be performed when things didn't go the way Jonathan. We all know how he was washed by Jega.

Not again... Orubebe's house was siezed for FALSE ASSET DECLARATION while he was acquitted over a contract scam. How are they related, please?

By the way, find out why Diezan's properties were siezed and come back again.

Just so you know, no property belonging to Diezani has been seized. Non at all.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 8:54am On Apr 06, 2017
Ngokafor:

.....Dude,you and your crew should learn to carry out proper investigations,armed with ample evidence before heading to courts,not assaulting everyone here with your media trials that ends up in nothing..Regardless of how 'guilty' the person is,if you do not have enough evidence,then you will fail at the courts..The courts do not operate on hear-says,gossips and emotions..

....Cases after cases have been lost by your inept APC government agencies at the courts because of lack of adequate evidence..As long as a court has not declared anyone guilty,then its innocent untill proven guilty...What applies to Tinubu should apply to everyone else...There is no room for hypocrisy here..

...By the way,hell will freeze over before anything that does not tickle the fancy of APC zombie supporter will make sense to them..I have no intention of making sense to you lots..period.
I'm amazed! shocked

Now I know this is generic problem. Prosecution does not imply you are guilty for crying out loud! This is a money laundering allegation and those involved were prosecuted while 'she is at large'. Tinubu was prosecuted when allegations were raised against him. Besides, these allegations were brought up during Obasanjo's tenure as the President. Was he at large? No!

It is only normal for a allegations to be raised against anyone, just as it is normal for such to be prosecuted. THAT YOU ARE PROSECUTED DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE GUILTY AND CONDEMNED.

I can bet that you still don't know the meaning of the word 'Prosecution', so I am going to kindly put up a dictionary meaning so that you won't come out to exhibit this nerve wrecking, incomprehensible, yet tiring banter.

prosecution
prɒsɪˈkjuːʃ(ə)n/
noun
the institution and conducting of legal proceedings against someone in respect of a criminal charge.
"the organizers are facing prosecution for noise nuisance"
the continuation of a course of action with a view to its completion.
"the BBC's prosecution of its commercial ends"
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Sanchez01: 9:04am On Apr 06, 2017
nwabobo:

Just so you know, no property belonging to Diezani has been seized. Non at all.
Choi! cheesy

A $37.5 million mansion on Banana Island and 12 other properties seized from Diezani

Former petroleum minister Diezani Alison-Madueke will be facing trial in the UK for various crimes committed and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has reportedly gathered enough evidence against her.

Recall that in 2015 the National Crime Agency (NCA) of the United Kingdom arrested Alison-Madueke and four others for alleged bribery and corruption and money laundering.

According to the Nigeria Bulletin, here are some properties seized from her:

Lagos properties
1. A block of six units service apartments on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi
2. Six units terrace flats in Yaba, Lagos Mainland
3. Twin four-bedroom duplexes in Lekki Phase I
4. Two duplexes on Banana Island
5. $37.5m mansion on Banana Island in Lagos.
6. Large expanse of land at Oniru, Victoria Island, Lagos
7. A duplex in Asokoro District, Abuja
8. A mini-estate in Mabushi, Abuja Other states
9. A set of 12 terrace duplexes at Omaremi Street in Port Harcourt
10. A multi-billion Naira estate in Yenagoa, Bayelsa
11. A hotel in Port Harcourt under investigation

Outside the country
12. Two apartments in Dubai marked as J5 Emirates Hills (30million Dirham)
13. E146 Emirates Hills valued at 44million Dirham

Responding to the accusation, Diezani said: “I have up till now chosen to maintain my silence and not to respond to inaccurate press reporting. "However, given the level of deliberate inaccuracies, I am now forced to respond because it is clear that the EFCC is taking advantage of my silence to try me by media and to convict me in the eyes of the public on false reports.”

Meanwhile, her trial and that of four others for alleged corrupt practices is set to kick off in London in June.
https://www.naij.com/1090823-a-375-million-mansion-banana-island-12-properties-seized-diezani.html

NB: This piece was reported last month.

Cc
Progressive01
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by nwabobo: 9:10am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

Choi! cheesy

https://www.naij.com/1090823-a-375-million-mansion-banana-island-12-properties-seized-diezani.html

Cc
Progressive01

And how did you determine they were Diezani's properties? Media determination I guess.

Diezani who herself was accused of owning said properties have written to say the properties are not hers. How hard is it for EFCC to initiate extradition processes against her?
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by vedaxcool(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2017
[s]
nwabobo:

In case your dumb brain still doesn't know that stealing is a more serious offence carrying more penalty than acts of corruption in our criminal code act and hence need to be separated for proper punishment to be meted, know it now.

Stealing carries a punishment of up to 7 years imprisonment while acts of corruption carry a maximum jail time of 2 years. People now hide under the ambiguity , so much so that when they steal, instead of being charged for stealing which carries up to 7 year jail time, they are charged for corruption which carries a maximum of 2 years.

It is in response to this that Jonathan said that a thief is a thief and should be treated as a thief and hence stealing shouldn't be treated equally as corruption.
[/s]

Dumbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by nwabobo: 9:42am On Apr 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Dumbo

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by Progressive01(m): 10:09am On Apr 06, 2017
Sanchez01:

Choi! cheesy

Cc
Progressive01

You think those kids are people one should ever engage. All they do is bore you with their crass ignorance.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by JackieChan01: 10:13am On Apr 06, 2017
[s]
Progressive01:
You think those kids are people one should ever engage. All they do is bore you with their crass ignorance.
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by 1shortblackboy: 10:20am On Apr 06, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

They don't know what thry are doing yet they have successfully stopped paying salary with borrowed funds something your IMF stooge did at a time of high oil prices? Won't you agree your comments are simply tribalism without any iota of sense?
my IMF stooge ?! i am Jonathan or i was part of jonathan's government abi ? my comments are simply tribalism because u know what tribe i belong to abi ?........... keep misyarning
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by MONITZ: 10:31am On Apr 06, 2017
And another media trial begins which will still not see the light at the end of the day because evidence and implicating items re yet to be assembled by the prosecution as it's wont to.

And at the end of the day, the case will be thrown out of the court for lacking merits. Don't these people ever learn, they re yet to get a single conviction amongst the plethora of cases...

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by vedaxcool(m): 11:12am On Apr 06, 2017
[s]
nwabobo:

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
[/s]
Dumbo

Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by tuniski: 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
agabusta:

It was not the EFCC that persecuted Justice Ademola. Get your facts right.
Rather get yours right. DSS sting operation on suspicion of corruption anchored by efcc.
Re: 2015 Elections: Diezani, Others Charged For Money Laundering by agabusta: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
tuniski:

Rather get yours right. DSS sting operation on suspicion of corruption anchored by efcc.

What's the meaning of anchored by the EFCC? I have given u an easily verifiable fact, u re talking stories. It is not only EFCC that can try an accused on behalf of the FG. And just as it is in this case, it was not the EFCC that tried Justice Ademola.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Voter's Card Of An Underage Northerner eligible voter / See How Fighter Jets Destroyed Boko Haram Hideout In Borno. Photos / Our Winner Of The February 23 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.