Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

Mutallab: A Father's Patriotic Act. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mutallab: A Father's Patriotic Act. (1380 Views)

Mutallab Pleads Guilty -- What Next For Him? / Abdul Mutallab's Online Posts! / Breaking News: Mutallab Family Issues Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Mutallab: A Father's Patriotic Act. by wirinet(m): 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

Sorry are you saying his father is the only influence in his life? Or is responsible for controlling all the influences without fault? Is the boy leaving a sheltered life? Is the father suppose to track him 24 hrs even when he is London?

Is Hitlers father responsible for the actions of Hitler?

I am not saying that ones father should be the only influence in his life, what i am saying is that his close family - Mother, father, uncles aunties, etc should be involved in a child's upbringing. I for one never knew my father as he died before i was born, but my aunties and uncles raised me with iron fist, the way my father would. My aunty would screen all my friends before they were allowed to be regular visitors to our house. I was not allowed to stay out beyond 8:00PM until i was 17 ( of course i would sneak out at night if i had a night party to attend). She went out of her way to make friends with parents of my friends and occasionally if we commit together, she would call them their parent to report.

Today, i am against the standard practice of sending off little children who can hardly walk off the day care, because the mother and families do not have time to take care of them, then they send the kid boarding primary and secondary schools, either home or abroad, before you know the young man is sent to universities abroad. In effect the child is practically a stranger to the parents.

About Hitler, from what i have read Hitler, like Saddam Hussein had a terrible upbringing and never knew their fathers.
Re: Mutallab: A Father's Patriotic Act. by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
wirinet:

I am not saying that ones father should be the only influence in his life, what i am saying is that his close family - Mother, father, uncles aunties, etc should be involved in a child's upbringing. I for one never knew my father as he died before i was born, but my aunties and uncles raised me with iron fist, the way my father would. My aunty would screen all my friends before they were allowed to be regular visitors to our house. I was not allowed to stay out beyond 8:00PM until i was 17 ( of course i would sneak out at night if i had a night party to attend). She went out of her way to make friends with parents of my friends and occasionally if we commit together, she would call them their parent to report.

Today, i am against the standard practice of sending off little children who can hardly walk off the day care, because the mother and families do not have time to take care of them, then they send the kid boarding primary and secondary schools, either home or abroad, before you know the young man is sent to universities abroad. In effect the child is practically a stranger to the parents.

So what has this got to do with a 23 year old man?

Or was it a 16 year old that tried to blow himself up? Why are you blaming the father.

You yourself said, they screened you till you were 17, so if you do something at 20 or even now, is it their fault? Surely it must be the way they instilled xtian values in you that made you do wrong?

wirinet:

About Hitler, from what i have read Hitler, like Saddam Hussein had a terrible upbringing and never knew their fathers.

So it must be their mothers fault what they did then?
Re: Mutallab: A Father's Patriotic Act. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2009
jay bee:

I don't think i'm missing the point cos clearly from US's confirmation of the intel giving by his father that it is somewhat relatively safe to conclude that Dr muttalab is against radicalisation of Islamic faith.
I do not know how you arrived at this conclusion.
It is a known fact some parents will do anything to bring their children to order.
I can give you tonnes of examples of what my mum did when she thought I was hanging around bad guys. Would she do the same if she knew someone else’s kid was going off rail?? I don’t know

We currently don't have any evidence to suggest otherwise.
Thank you for admitting that there are no evidences to suggest otherwise. Now that is exactly what I’m trying to get at.

IF the guy was simply worried about his missing son then i'm sure going to the US embassy wouldn't have been one of the steps he had taken
He was obviously worried for his son. Not only for his whereabouts but also his radical views and actions.

This brings me back to my initial question which is: what were his views a few months/years ago before the concern for his son.

Did he gloat at the demise of innocent people during the 9-11 and London bombings?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHCN: Fg To Release Privatisation Timetable Soon / Is President Jonathan Fighting Corruption? (Voting - Included) / Ribadu Pledges One Million Houses, 30 Million Jobs ( Acn's Manifesto )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.