Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers (45081 Views)

Onubi, Retired Navy Admiral's Daughter, Driver Killed By Kidnappers In Kogi / Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) / Photos Of Daniel Ikoli, Naval Officer Who Was Found Dead At His Home In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Lawalemi(m): 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
If only the dead can talk
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Koolking(m): 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
Iamwrath:
We said it
Nigerian police is a disgrace, how can they conclude hastily that he killed himself ?

Yeye people all they can do is jump fence and burst into people's house looking for wetin no loss

How can a man shoot himself 3 times in a suicide attempt ? someone said

maybe he shot himself once, his soul shot him again and then his spirit took the third shot
Funny but true , i saw that comment as sarcastic

That man did not kill himself , he was killed by someone else and i suspect it has something to do with being on the arms investigation panel

If the man has / owns a remote controlled gate , then i am certain he has cctv surrounding his house , probably alarm and all those stuffs

If CCTV Malfunctioned that day , HOLD THE HOUSEBOY AND TORTURE HIM , it's an inside job

Yeye phone checker police , do proper investigation and stop shooting small boys who can't defend himself

you killed one in Ife, You killed two at UNIOSUN on school's field , you shot another one in Lagos

Do better investigation .... Eleriibu pipu

It could not have been the house boy. If it was truly an assassination, it was highly planned. The house boy is too minor to have been co-opted. If he was a collaborator or had any knowledge, I bet the assassins would have killed him thereafter, bearing in mind that his knowledge would uncover the gang if the security agent grill him for information.

People in the security service are trained on murders without leaving trails. They are the same guys who investigate crime, they know how to cover up tracks. Come to think of it, a highly ranked naval officer was the victim. We need independent & uncompromising forensic and crime scene combers to investigate this case.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Mbediogu(m): 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
Iamwrath:
We said it
Nigerian police is a disgrace, how can they conclude hastily that he killed himself ?

Yeye people all they can do is jump fence and burst into people's house looking for wetin no loss

How can a man shoot himself 3 times in a suicide attempt ? someone said

maybe he shot himself once, his soul shot him again and then his spirit took the third shot
Funny but true , i saw that comment as sarcastic

That man did not kill himself , he was killed by someone else and i suspect it has something to do with being on the arms investigation panel

If the man has / owns a remote controlled gate , then i am certain he has cctv surrounding his house , probably alarm and all those stuffs

If CCTV Malfunctioned that day , HOLD THE HOUSEBOY AND TORTURE HIM , it's an inside job

Yeye phone checker police , do proper investigation and stop shooting small boys who can't defend himself

you killed one in Ife, You killed two at UNIOSUN on school's field , you shot another one in Lagos

Do better investigation .... Eleriibu pipu

What was his service pistol doing beside his dead body? What about the spent cartridges? Let an autopsy be done. If the slugs match those of his gun, it is either suicide or a shot from his gun by his house help. Finger printings of the pistol butt is mandatory. May he RIP.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by eagleeye2: 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lawalemi:
If only the dead can talk
Gbam. This one too will go unsolved.

1 Like

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by shessyfavour: 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Brosss is CI or IDx your favourite channel?
You don't even have to torture anyone, simple logic helps in a case like this.

Secure the scene, interview everyone that came in contact with the body, take pictures of the crime scene and surrounding areas, collect necessary evidence from the scene including any that might include DNA. Dust for fingerprints etc

Its not that hard. A simple thing such as figuring out the position the body was found and the direction the gun faced in relation to the bullet holes in his body starts the process of elimination (of suspects) faster. The position of the Blood splatter from the victim can also help determine what happened. Does the Nigerian police know if the victim was right handed or left handed? Did they bother to check the door knobs, light switches, railings etc for fingerprints to determine who was in the residence with him prior to his assassination? Did they check under his fingernails for DNA evidence; probably a struggle ensued before he was killed? It is possible. Knowing the Nigerian Police though, they probably just contaminated the whole scene on arrival and came with buckets of water to wash off the blood thereby destroying potential evidence.

This is a simple case that could be solved by a rookie if he has the proper equipment and training.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Owiii(m): 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
knightsTempler:
A thorough and meticulous investigation should be carried out, this is a case of high level assassination.

Same way my uncle died mysteriously in late January, he was until his death a brigadier general at the defense headquarters.

RIP Brigadier General John Amuta.
RIP Rear Admiral Daniel Ikoli
They are all Idoma Generals....what's happening?
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by tafabaloo(m): 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Secure the scene, interview everyone that came in contact with the body, take pictures of the crime scene and surrounding areas, collect necessary evidence from the scene including any that might include DNA. Dust for fingerprints etc

Its not that hard. A simple thing such as figuring out the position the body was found and the direction the gun faced in relation to the bullet holes in his body starts the process of elimination (of suspects) faster. The position of the Blood splatter from the victim can also help determine what happened. Does the Nigerian police know if the victim was right handed or left handed? Did they bother to check the door knobs, light switches, railings etc for fingerprints to determine who was in the residence with him prior to his assassination? Did they check under his fingernails for DNA evidence; probably a struggle ensued before he was killed? It is possible. Knowing the Nigerian Police though, they probably just contaminated the whole scene on arrival and came with buckets of water to wash off the blood thereby destroying potential evidence.

This is a simple case that could be solved by a rookie if he has the proper equipment and training.

You too dey watch movie.
If e dey easy why you never join police?
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by luminouz(m): 7:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Owiii:

They are all Idoma Generals....what's happening?
I smell something fishy too!!!!!! Do u?
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by blackboy(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
This is strange. Was no doubt ever a suicide case. Someone of his rank should have at least 24 hours round the clock armed guards. I hope this does not become another Bola Ige case.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by AuroraB(f): 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
E be like say dem take am do una for that Navy in particular. Assassinating one of una wey dem wan give presidential nod undecided sad
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Repairnigeria(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2017
nawa
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by kolaaderin: 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Amen, bubu contributed to his death...

gave him such a position without proper security

Are u here to blame buhari again. Just tell me buhari is a killer and let me tag u a serial wailer
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by airminem(f): 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
Another Office: The Two Ambulances They Brought To Move Him To The Mortuary Refuse To Move Until They Brought His Service Car Before They Could Take Him. Hmmm Another Abati Kind Of Mysteriousity Things

R I P
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by jonnytad(m): 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
So whats next in Nigeria, the faithful die like chicken. ...... many death in Nigeria since Jonathan regime, buhari came and continue the trend. God pls help.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
conspiracy

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by LionDeLeo: 8:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
kolaaderin:

Are u here to blame buhari again. Just tell me buhari is a killer and let me tag u a serial wailer

I wonder why you bother yourself quoting that thing. Rather than keeping quiet and leaving others in doubt, some creatures must just exhibit the stuff they are made of. Some comments are actually not worth attention.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Tonason: 8:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
I suspected assassination and cover up. There's no reason whatsoever for him to kill himself. It's either the people involved in the corruption case or rank tussle.

1 Like

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by vertueptime: 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
Uv watch too much ncis
CROWNWEALTH019:

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by crisycent: 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
One question:

How much does this guy earn that he can afford to send his children to school abroad? Please enlighten me.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

DNA on which bank?

1 Like

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by masterP042(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Mtcheew angry
Too much Hollywood movies dey cos this your illusion. Finger print and DNA for where? For naija? Naija get database for all their citizens??
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Fourwinds: 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
yeah...he was killed
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by richiepolymer(m): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

You expect these from who? Nigerian police? Is it not clear the Police are just acting their own script?
It is so sad! Sad!! Whoever tries to do a private investigation may even be murdered too. Read the handwriting on the wall.

2 Likes

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by espn(m): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

and you missed d part where it was said that he would ask his personal guard and security to go home and stay with their family..Did u go through the whole write up or your comment was based on assumption or sentiment..
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
Gangster1ms:
It turns out i am somehow related to this man sad just discovered that this morning and I've been seeing his news upandan since. R.I.P
sorry bro , I am friends with his younger brother on Facebook, they are both Exboys
RIP Sir
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by SeanDada1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
softwerk:
The late rear admiral, Daniel Ikoli, the Fleet Commander, Western Naval Command, Lagos, who was found dead at his Apapa residence on April 5, did not kill himself, contrary to some reports.

According to authoritative sources at the command, Mr. Ikoli may have been assassinated as he had no cause to kill himself.

“Ikoli has been penciled down by the President as the next Chief of Naval Staff; he recently earned a special promotion to his present rank from Commodore.

“He was on the panel probing arms deal which also affects the Armed Forces, including the Navy.

“Ikoli was a disciplined, gentle, straightforward and honest man, who had no regard for protocol. It is nothing but a murder case,’’ a source told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Lagos.

The source also said that because of his performance as the Commander, NNS Beecroft, he was loved by all officers and the junior ones.

He said: “Ikoli transformed the place by introducing smart I.D. cards and increasing special duty allowance from N4,000 to N12,000.

“Everybody is aware that he was an introvert, but he made sure that things worked properly and he had respect for all and zero tolerance for corruption.

“He really complimented President Buhari on his anti-corruption war and I think that was why he was appointed to serve on the arms deal probe panel.

“His elevation as the next Chief of Naval Staff would have been announced if not for the president’s trip to London for medical checkup.”

Another officer, who said he worked with him, also told NAN that the late Mr. Ikoli, a rear admiral, was an easy-going man who did not believe in bothering people.

“At the close of work, he usually allows his aides to go home and stay with their families.
“In most cases, he will be the one to open the gate of his residence for visitors using a remote control.

“The officer would not have killed himself; it is pure case of assassination.

“There is a mystery surrounding his death; for instance, the two ambulances they brought to take him to the mortuary refused to move.

“It was when they brought his service car and transferred the body into it that they were able to take his corpse to the morgue,” he said.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/228190-nigerian-navy-admiral-found-dead-assassinated-officers.html

I've seen this man severally in NND Victoria Island Lagos. He's a very good man. But very strict!
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by DeRay98(m): 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Our Police go tell you say you too dey watch movies...
I said it on this forum before that there are too many lawyers in the Police force. They seek legal short cuts by torturing ordinary people to confess crime and get convictions.
If you have scientist trained using scientific investigations they should have been having forensic laboratory my now.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Egregius(m): 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

.. This can only work in developed countries..... Which database will they run the DNA through??
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by LionDeLeo: 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
crisycent:
One question:

How much does this guy earn that he can afford to send his children to school abroad? Please enlighten me.

That is a Rear Admiral (Major General) you are talking about oh! At that rank, anybody can comfortably send his child to school abroad and he doesn't need to steal to do that.

1 Like

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Pain(m): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
RIP Exboy. We Dont Die. We Only Assemble in Valhalla
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by adetayo234: 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

You have a point
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by zynzyn(m): 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
softwerk:
The late rear admiral, Daniel Ikoli, the Fleet Commander, Western Naval Command, Lagos, who was found dead at his Apapa residence on April 5, did not kill himself, contrary to some reports.

According to authoritative sources at the command, Mr. Ikoli may have been assassinated as he had no cause to kill himself.

“Ikoli has been penciled down by the President as the next Chief of Naval Staff; he recently earned a special promotion to his present rank from Commodore.

“He was on the panel probing arms deal which also affects the Armed Forces, including the Navy.

“Ikoli was a disciplined, gentle, straightforward and honest man, who had no regard for protocol. It is nothing but a murder case,’’ a source told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Lagos.

The source also said that because of his performance as the Commander, NNS Beecroft, he was loved by all officers and the junior ones.

He said: “Ikoli transformed the place by introducing smart I.D. cards and increasing special duty allowance from N4,000 to N12,000.

“Everybody is aware that he was an introvert, but he made sure that things worked properly and he had respect for all and zero tolerance for corruption.

“He really complimented President Buhari on his anti-corruption war and I think that was why he was appointed to serve on the arms deal probe panel.

“His elevation as the next Chief of Naval Staff would have been announced if not for the president’s trip to London for medical checkup.”

Another officer, who said he worked with him, also told NAN that the late Mr. Ikoli, a rear admiral, was an easy-going man who did not believe in bothering people.

“At the close of work, he usually allows his aides to go home and stay with their families.
“In most cases, he will be the one to open the gate of his residence for visitors using a remote control.

“The officer would not have killed himself; it is pure case of assassination.

“There is a mystery surrounding his death; for instance, the two ambulances they brought to take him to the mortuary refused to move.

“It was when they brought his service car and transferred the body into it that they were able to take his corpse to the morgue,” he said.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/228190-nigerian-navy-admiral-found-dead-assassinated-officers.html

SAAAD For Nigerian Military, REALLY!! undecided

Ever since Martin Luther!! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Boy Beats His Girlfriend For Not Unlocking Her Phone (Video/Photo) / Israeli Scammers Defraud Nigerians With Child Cancer YouTube Adverts. / Dismissed DSS Official, 9 Others Paraded For Robbing Bullion Van In Abia (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.