Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers (45080 Views)

Onubi, Retired Navy Admiral's Daughter, Driver Killed By Kidnappers In Kogi / Suicide: Daniel Ikoli Shot Himself Dead In Lagos (Photo) / Photos Of Daniel Ikoli, Naval Officer Who Was Found Dead At His Home In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by sshalom(m): 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
It was obvious from the start that something was fishy about this very unfortunate incidence. May GOD almighty expose the truth to put his killers to shame and justice.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by yungjezzy: 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
First I will start by commenting on the poor personal security assigned to the Admiral,it may be that he refused to be guarded Buh all the same,such high ranking officers shouldn't be left unprotected.
Secondly the assassin was in the house before he came,the house boy I'd always in the house,so which one is he killed himself,no matter how undesired this economy may be nobody wants to die or commit suicide
And kudos to the people behind don't forget that your children and family are also on this earth. No matter how well you shoot the ball the keeper always throws it back to you,till you leave the field,so till you leave this earth you will always receive the proper judgment be it spiritual or physical
Salute to my Admiral,may your soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Johnsmartinyang(m): 9:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
Iamwrath:
We said it
Nigerian police is a disgrace, how can they conclude hastily that he killed himself ?

Yeye people all they can do is jump fence and burst into people's house looking for wetin no loss

How can a man shoot himself 3 times in a suicide attempt ? someone said

maybe he shot himself once, his soul shot him again and then his spirit took the third shot
Funny but true , i saw that comment as sarcastic

That man did not kill himself , he was killed by someone else and i suspect it has something to do with being on the arms investigation panel

If the man has / owns a remote controlled gate , then i am certain he has cctv surrounding his house , probably alarm and all those stuffs

If CCTV Malfunctioned that day , HOLD THE HOUSEBOY AND TORTURE HIM , it's an inside job

Yeye phone checker police , do proper investigation and stop shooting small boys who can't defend himself

you killed one in Ife, You killed two at UNIOSUN on school's field , you shot another one in Lagos

Do better investigation .... Eleriibu pipu

Please no call our police yeye abeg...what do u expect if u were already instructed to say before the shots itself was taken? Just a thought....
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Guyman02: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
Is it possible that he committed suicide by shooting himself 3 times?
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by crisycent: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
LionDeLeo:

That is a Rear Admiral (Major General) you are talking about oh! At that rank, anybody can comfortably send his child to school abroad and he doesn't need to steal to do that.

I haven't accused him of stealing. I just want to know how much he earns.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by henryhemon(m): 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Exactly, and when you call the country a jungle, some ignorant fellows will come after you, Bola Ige, Funsho williams and several others where killed in the past and till date, the perpetrators are yet to be brought to book sad

Bola Ige was killed by Obj
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by JuanDeDios: 12:08am On Apr 08, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:
So, basically this article just showed us that Nigerian Police does not have Homicide Detectives or Forensics experts.

What a shame.
The article SHOWED nothing. Yes, our police have no forensics.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by madjune(m): 12:16am On Apr 08, 2017
Detectives at Panti can easily solve this case but I trust the hands of the enemies to frustrate their involvement.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by mamajaz(f): 12:31am On Apr 08, 2017
Iamwrath:
is that ha ha ha as in laughing
or

Han han as in disappointment / exclamation .
Haaaa haaaa haaaa ( as in exclamation).
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by happyheart(f): 2:04am On Apr 08, 2017
Iamwrath:
We said it
Nigerian police is a disgrace, how can they conclude hastily that he killed himself ?

Yeye people all they can do is jump fence and burst into people's house looking for wetin no loss

maybe he shot himself once, his soul shot him again and then his spirit took the third shot

That man did not kill himself , he was killed by someone else and i suspect it has something to do with being on the arms investigation panel

If the man has / owns a remote controlled gate , then i am certain he has cctv surrounding his house , probably alarm and all those stuffs

If CCTV Malfunctioned that day , HOLD THE HOUSEBOY AND TORTURE HIM , it's an inside job

Yeye phone checker police , do proper investigation and stop shooting small boys who can't defend himself

you killed one in Ife, You killed two at UNIOSUN on school's field , you shot another one in Lagos

Even more annoying is the fact mentioned up there that both ambulances refused to move until he was put in his service car...lol..police inferring a spiritual angle. ..only in Nigeria smh
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by smalls001: 3:12am On Apr 08, 2017
Looool......GUESS YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING TOO MUCH OF CSI MIAMI.....Lol
ISpiksDaTroof:

You don't even have to torture anyone, simple logic helps in a case like this.

Secure the scene, interview everyone that came in contact with the body, take pictures of the crime scene and surrounding areas, collect necessary evidence from the scene including any that might include DNA. Dust for fingerprints etc

Its not that hard. A simple thing such as figuring out the position the body was found and the direction the gun faced in relation to the bullet holes in his body starts the process of elimination (of suspects) faster. The position of the Blood splatter from the victim can also help determine what happened. Does the Nigerian police know if the victim was right handed or left handed? Did they bother to check the door knobs, light switches, railings etc for fingerprints to determine who was in the residence with him prior to his assassination? Did they check under his fingernails for DNA evidence; probably a struggle ensued before he was killed? It is possible. Knowing the Nigerian Police though, they probably just contaminated the whole scene on arrival and came with buckets of water to wash off the blood thereby destroying potential evidence.

This is a simple case that could be solved by a rookie if he has the proper equipment and training.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:28am On Apr 08, 2017
elfmann:

DNA on which bank?

It doesn't mean the case will necessarily be solved today. 20 years from now the case can be closed with the evidence gathered today. If Nigeria starts to gather such info, they can be matched in the future when things are put in roper place. Or don't you have any good hopes for your country?
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:29am On Apr 08, 2017
Egregius:

.. This can only work in developed countries..... Which database will they run the DNA through??

A database that can be put together in the future.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:31am On Apr 08, 2017
smalls001:
Looool......GUESS YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING TOO MUCH OF CSI MIAMI.....Lol

I was actually a Federal Prosecutor for years.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by kamsiobi: 5:53am On Apr 08, 2017
RIP, but Navy investigate all officers on duty that day pls
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by kamsiobi: 5:57am On Apr 08, 2017
Who kill this man?
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Iamwrath: 7:49am On Apr 08, 2017
happyheart:

Even more annoying is the fact mentioned up there that both ambulances refused to move until he was put in his service car...lol..police inferring a spiritual angle. ..only in Nigeria smh

Hhehehehehe, Na today ??
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Sexyolori(f): 7:50am On Apr 08, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Secure the scene, interview everyone that came in contact with the body, take pictures of the crime scene and surrounding areas, collect necessary evidence from the scene including any that might include DNA. Dust for fingerprints etc

Its not that hard. A simple thing such as figuring out the position the body was found and the direction the gun faced in relation to the bullet holes in his body starts the process of elimination (of suspects) faster. Did they check to see if there was Gun powder residue on the supposed trigger finger/hand? The position of the Blood splatter from the victim can also help determine what happened. Does the Nigerian police know if the victim was right handed or left handed? Did they bother to check the door knobs, light switches, railings etc for fingerprints to determine who was in the residence with him prior to his assassination? Did they check under his fingernails for DNA evidence; probably a struggle ensued before he was killed? It is possible. Knowing the Nigerian Police though, they probably just contaminated the whole scene on arrival and came with buckets of water to wash off the blood thereby destroying potential evidence.

This is a simple case that could be solved by a rookie if he has the proper equipment and training.
My dear, dis is Nigeria, d police will do no such thing.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Iamwrath: 7:52am On Apr 08, 2017
Ok, God saved you , i was preparing a terrible comment , no need now

Enjoy your weekend and take care of yourself wink
mamajaz:

Haaaa haaaa haaaa ( as in exclamation).

1 Like

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Iamwrath: 7:53am On Apr 08, 2017
Hmmmmm, Ododo oro !!!

They have been given a memory verse from the top , i didn't even think of it from that angle

Your head is there ... Oya go and enjoy your weekend

Johnsmartinyang:

Please no call our police yeye abeg...what do u expect if u were already instructed to say before the shots itself was taken? Just a thought....
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Bimpe29: 7:54am On Apr 08, 2017
A good and gentleman officer.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Iamwrath: 8:02am On Apr 08, 2017
I quite agree with some of your submissions and some i don't agree .

However i believe we have a common ground , The Officer was assassinated

Do not rule out the maid's complicity in the plan , it wasn't stated that he was a minor (young boy / teenager ) without trying to sound tribal i'll leave that out

according to the story there's at least 2 bullet holes in the wall so it couldn't have been another gun and if it were a rifle, the damage to walls would be worse , the boy could have opened the gates for the assasins or blackmailed to shoot his boss

or in another possible epic twist , Oga caught his maid stealing , maid and oga argued , oga removes pistol, maid snatches , accidentally fires

or assasin was a known person , there was a struggle , gun went off ....

Whatever the case may be houseboy knows something

Koolking:

It could not have been the house boy. If it was truly an assassination, it was highly planned. The house boy is too minor to have been co-opted. If he was a collaborator or had any knowledge, I bet the assassins would have killed him thereafter, bearing in mind that his knowledge would uncover the gang if the security agent grill him for information.

People in the security service are trained on murders without leaving trails. They are the same guys who investigate crime, they know how to cover up tracks. Come to think of it, a highly ranked naval officer was the victim. We need independent & uncompromising forensic and crime scene combers to investigate this case.
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Iamwrath: 8:03am On Apr 08, 2017
Tazdroid:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't remember who wrote the comment originally but that's how i felt too
Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by Iamwrath: 8:04am On Apr 08, 2017
AWON EEYAN CSI

Tuale for you baba
ISpiksDaTroof:

Its not that hard. A simple thing such as figuring out the position the body was found and the direction the gun faced in relation to the bullet holes in his body starts the process of elimination (of suspects) faster. Did they check to see if there was Gun powder residue on the supposed trigger finger/hand? The position of the Blood splatter from the victim can also help determine what happened. Does the Nigerian police know if the victim was right handed or left handed? Did they bother to check the door knobs, light switches, railings etc for fingerprints to determine who was in the residence with him prior to his assassination? Did they check under his fingernails for DNA evidence; probably a struggle ensued before he was killed? It is possible. Knowing the Nigerian Police though, they probably just contaminated the whole scene on arrival and came with buckets of water to wash off the blood thereby destroying potential evidence.

Re: Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers by dabossman(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2017
Iamwrath:
We said it

We all know that the Nigerian Police is largely inefficient, but I don't think they at any point in time released a statement concluding that this was a case of suicide. That conclusion was reached by the media and online bloggers, probably because of the recent cases of suicide that has been in the news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israeli Scammers Defraud Nigerians With Child Cancer YouTube Adverts. / Dismissed DSS Official, 9 Others Paraded For Robbing Bullion Van In Abia (Video) / Lady Steals N100k & An iPhone From A Boutique (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.