Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption (31094 Views)

Imams Encouraging Corruption — Customs Boss Hameed Ali / BBC blast APC and PDP for encouraging Corruption with Presidential Fees / How Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 09, 2017
Don't like this man one bit, but he just spoke the truth, if am to eliminate corruption in Nigeria, I will start from the religious houses.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 09, 2017
Spiricoco:
Why is it only Christians I see openly condemning and ridiculing their own religion.SMH!
Condmn anything that is bad, even if it hurts your interest. Christianity as we have it Nigeria is encouraging corruption massively.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by EppPliss: 7:13am On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by godquality: 7:17am On Apr 09, 2017
When the living king of corruption speaks who am i to question him?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Tonason: 7:23am On Apr 09, 2017
Look at this old fool. Grand patron of corruption in Nigeria. Who corrupted the NASS and the Judiciary?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by jozz(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:

The Christians who do that are not real christians.
Dont be moved bro.

wrong. judgement will start in the house of the lord says the Bible. They do not need to worry, they are outside d equation entirely.
Ask itself : Is it the criticism of Christianity that bothers you or the fact that what it is criticized for is true? Someone called my brother a thief. Should that be my concern or confirming whether the allegation is Tue or not?

If you cannot reason this way, it shows you are not a honest and open minded person. The implication? You can easily be deceived and you will never find the truth.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 09, 2017
kestolove95:
Everybody sabi dat one...but tell us wich pastor play u 419?

Sharp girl. You think the dude is out for revenge? smiley
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 09, 2017
Ok.

Buhari recruit church leaders and e work for am.

Waiting for the next aspirant to do same.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=godquality post=55398782]When the living king of corruption speaks who am i to question him?[/quote

When corruption speaks....you .... Listen

Foolishness in high places
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by felixomor: 7:56am On Apr 09, 2017
jozz:

wrong. judgement will start in the house of the lord says the Bible. They do not need to worry, they are outside d equation entirely.
Ask itself : Is it the criticism of Christianity that bothers you or the fact that what it is criticized for is true? Someone called my brother a thief. Should that be my concern or confirming whether the allegation is Tue or not?

If you cannot reason this way, it shows you are not a honest and open minded person. The implication? You can easily be deceived and you will never find the truth.

Thank God you quoted "The judgement will start"
Future Tense.

Please are you the Almighty Judge the bible is referring to in that verse?
Be Honest with yourself.

Or u just want to quote for fun of it?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Ibrahimnasarawa(m): 7:58am On Apr 09, 2017
Baba tell then the truth the are the one killing us in Nigeria oooooooo
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by izime55(m): 8:01am On Apr 09, 2017
even though I have no love for dis man,I think he's right.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Caseless: 8:21am On Apr 09, 2017
maik:
I observed that people always give negative comments about OBJ each time he mentioned something against corruption. . I think we should stand against corruption in Churches, Mosque and any other places instead of insulting Obasanjo.

The man always talk about the present situation and some people on nairaland will be taking him back to the past.

Please let stop corruption in our ciuntry and move forward.
is it about the muslims would say or the points he raised?

Notable Muslim leaders across the world have come out to criticize Islamic leaders and how they've not helped our situation. Sanusi is an example. Truth is truth anyway.

The mosque can't be accused in this order cos it's not monetized and capital intensive like the church. But it has its own share of the blame cos of radicalization. An average Muslim scholar in the north is an activist who speaks against corruption and corrupt leaders and this is why they enjoy followership very quickly. I watch Sunday program in some churches and you can hardly hear a pastor chiding leaders in their congregations.

Namadi sambo as the VP , came to almanar mosque in Kaduna and he was told to his face by the imam that he's being a bad leader and has supported corruption.

Does this happen in the church?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Caseless: 8:24am On Apr 09, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
so na church TINUBU, ATIKU and SARAKI they go ba...... undecided ?
the people you call do not pay "tithe" in any mosque. They're encourage to help the poor, not the mosque.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Caseless: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2017
Oyind17:
I'm here
should I help you with the whole piece OBJ wrote?

Religion is or how we practice it is our problem.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by JCBOY4LIFE: 8:32am On Apr 09, 2017
Baba is more corrupt than any church pastor. Old age is @work in Baba's life.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by howfarwhatagwan: 8:37am On Apr 09, 2017
GBAM
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by jozz(m): 9:23am On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:

Thank God you quoted "The judgement will start"
Future Tense.

Please are you the Almighty Judge the bible is referring to in that verse?
Be Honest with yourself.

Or u just want to quote for fun of it?

You don't get the point. He was saying it is wrong to criticize churches and I was only trying to correct that viewpoint.I never said am the judge.God is d judge.The important thing is to realize there will be a judgement. Have u thought about what happens to you if your church receives bad judgement from God?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 09, 2017
sarrkii:
Baba Is Saying the Truth.

But We Are Waiting Till When He Will Also say D Religion 'On Phiss' is Encouraging Terrorism..

Till Then,BAba GoAnRelax,U Are Talking Too Much..

Btwen,Op Add Sauce.

He will never say that because he knows Boko Aram is the handy work of CAN to kill Muslims in the north. Only retards like you won't understand
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by felixomor: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2017
jozz:

You don't get the point. He was saying it is wrong to criticize churches and I was only trying to correct that viewpoint.I never said am the judge.God is d judge.The important thing is to realize there will be a judgement. Have u thought about what happens to you if your church receives bad judgement from God?

Final Judgement is on individual soul basis...
Not on Church denomination basis....Sir

So there is no "my church" or "your church".
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nellybii: 11:43am On Apr 09, 2017
sevenhundred:
AND YOURS TURN IS COMING!!!

Don't worry yourself. We know where they are from. The children of hate. Raised on hate. Hmmmmm.
Sometines I wonder what a country will look like where old age is an offence. Talking against corruption is abomination. The only object of respect is money. There will be no courts, no leaders, no constituted authority. Robbery, fraud will be legal.
It will be a funny nation.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Caseless:
should I help you with the whole piece OBJ wrote?

Religion is or how we practice it is our problem.
grin not in the mood for now
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by sshalom(m): 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Baba aired his mind according to what he knows!
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by brojoshua: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
The bible says, "For from the prophets of Jerusalem Profaneness (or pollution or corruption) has gone out into all the land." So what he said is true even though he is part of corruption in Nigeria. The corrupt and false pastors and co have imparted their followers and indeed the people of the land with corruption and corruption anointing. In fact the churches of the false prophets, pastors and co are the sources or fountains of corruption. The great false pastors wallow and swim in deep polluted waters of corruption and also teach their followers to wallow and swim in shallow waters of corruption. And woes unto them unless for those who do not persist in unbelief among them.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by tola268: 3:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
themomentng:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/228306-nigerian-churches-encouraging-corruption-obasanjo.html/amp
Nowadays Pastors having billions of naira as religious leader. Can anybody tell me total amount of money of Jesus christ when he was alive
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by Codes151(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
Oga keep shut o
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by redsun(m): 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
This man talks as if he doesn't have skeletono in his cupboard sometimes. He is probably downright crazy,over confidence or somewhat innocent. However,one thing for sure,he knows he is in Nigeria where there are no laws.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by jozz(m): 6:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
felixomor:

Final Judgement is on individual soul basis...
Not on Church denomination basis....Sir

So there is no "my church" or "your church".

Wrong again my friend.The Religion u associate with is very important in ones salvation otherwise why did Paul leave the religion of Judaism for Christianity? I know it will be difficult for you to understand ,its not ur fault.That religion is not important for salvation is a teaching that has been deliberately sold to church goers for decades so that members do not hold Churches and pastors responsible when they goof.

I wish I there was space and time to enlighten u further.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by felixomor: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
jozz:

Wrong again my friend.The Religion u associate with is very important in ones salvation otherwise why did Paul leave the religion of Judaism for Christianity? I know it will be difficult for you to understand ,its not ur fault.That religion is not important for salvation is a teaching that has been deliberately sold to church goers for decades so that members do not hold Churches and pastors responsible when they goof.

I wish I there was space and time to enlighten u further.

Eiya.
Please sorry the word "Christian" was coined by the public to describe us.
It is not like other religions where the name came from within.

Secondly Religion is different from church denomination.

Thirdly, show me where the bible says the church you go to will determine wether you Will enter heaven or not?
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by BenjaminJoe1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
obasanjo is hypocritical to talk about corruption, and generalising about the church shows he's Christian by tittle, @ his age he better stop being childish and grow up
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by juman(m): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
He gave them money before he was given "Asiwaju Onigbagbo" of Ogun State.
Re: Obasanjo: Nigerian Churches Are Encouraging Corruption by rapheasco(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Holatunde007:
Sir give me more details on the job sir
the coy is producing all varieties of roofing sheets.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Olisah Metuh's Collapse In Court Emerges (watch) / Ajimobi Dances After Winning His Wife In A Ludo Game / Throwback Photos Of Goodluck Jonathan Exercising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.