Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? (3982 Views)

A 19-Year-Old Lady Is In Love With Me, I'm 10 Years Older. I'm Scared / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
Age difference between couple seems not to matter anymore. It seems the saying ''age is just a number'' has been imbibed by all and sundry in relationship. Even news of wife being older than the husband has become a normal story in our modern society.
However, how far can be too far. The age difference between couple in love may seem not to matter at the early stage of a relationship because the butterfly in the belly is still very much alive. But subsequently, realities will start checking the bond as the IGG (Initial gra gra) fades.
Now, considering all factors, what should be the reasonable age difference between a husband and wife? Can you marry someone 10 years older or younger?
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by ademoladeji(m): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
No

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Quinn22(f): 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Why not?

That's even my first requirement! kiss

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by blessme2019(m): 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
My Bae is 9 years older than I.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Sanemind(m): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
Quinn22:
Why not?

ok so can I apply? wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
ademoladeji:
No
What then is the age difference permissible by you?
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by futurerex: 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
What`s Wrong With That
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Quinn22(f): 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
Sorry application closed cry
Sanemind:
ok so can I apply? wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Boydehot: 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
To me i will prefer to marry a lady am 1 or 2yrs older than or same age. Infact if she's older than i better, but for me to Marry a kid am 6yrs older than'' never".

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by ademoladeji(m): 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mojoy88:

What then is the age difference permissible by you?

Not more than 4 years

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 11:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
Boydehot:
To me i will prefer to marry a lady am 1 or 2yrs older than or same age. Infact if she's older than i better, but for me to Marry a kid am 6yrs older than'' never".
When you are 40, she is 34. That is not bad bro!
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mcslize: 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mojoy88 it should be from the point of a man. Ladies like mature men. A man should be far older than his wife. Like 5 to 10 years ain't bad. Mind you, ladies develop faster at their early age than guys. If you see some ladies of let's say 19 years old, you will think they are 30 years old. And if you see a guy of 30 years old , you will think he is still in his early 20's way look younger than his age. Such a guy can marry a girl he is even older than with 15 years but not the other way round. If such a guy go on marring a lady of same age, people may mistake her as his aunt rather than his wife.

Hence, it is advisable for ladies to always get married to older guys than marrying their age mate or those they are older than. A man must be reasonably older than his wife not the other way round. But when destiny Brings a woman who is older than her man, then they just have to go for it if and only if the woman will still respect the man as the head. As for me,I must be older than the lady I will marry with at least 5 to 10 years for the fact that ladies age faster than guys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Boydehot: 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Yeah! But in other way round 29 she's 22. I think it won't work for me
Mojoy88:

When you are 40, she is 34. That is not bad bro!
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mcslize: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
Boydehot:

A Lady of same age with you will look way too old for you. They may mistake her to be your aunt. A younger girl fits better. Your age mate should be looking at someone older to marry as well. A man of 36 marrying a Lady of 26 is very very much recommended. Person like Banky W who is somewhat between 36, 37 getting marrying to a gal of 26 ,27 ain't bad at all.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Marry a man 10yrs older is the best
The respect will be dia
My man is 10yrs older than me

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by dingbang(m): 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
This question is meant for the ladies only

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mcslize: 11:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
Boydehot:
Yeah! But in other way round 29 she's 22. I think it won't work for me

Check out some 22 years old ladies, they look mature in and out. You will even think they are closer to 30 years old.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by queenbetsy(f): 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
of course I can...
there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
even if you call him by his name, there are sometimes that the situation will warrant you to respect him and if he's just 2 yrs older, honestly, we're age mates.
he's 45 and you're 43, aunty, he's still more sexually active than you are and you're now checking the calendar for him... wehdone ma. I rest my case...
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Boydehot: 11:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
To me a quit in such marriage is simply as ABCD with maturity included.
Mcslize:

A Lady of same age with you will look way too old for you. They may mistake her to be your aunt. A younger girl fits better. Your age mate should be looking at someone older to marry as well.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Boydehot: 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Do know why i made such personal decision?
Mcslize:

Check out some 22 years old ladies, they look mature in and out. You will even think they are closer to 30 years old.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mcslize: 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Boydehot:
Do know why i made such personal decision?

Why?
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 11:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mcslize:
Mojoy88 it should be from the point of a man. Ladies like mature men. A man should be far older than his wife. Like 5 to 10 years ain't bad. Mind you, ladies develop faster at their early age than guys. If you see some ladies of let's say 19 years old, you will think they are 30 years old. And if you see a guy of 30 years old , you will think he is still in his early 20's way look younger than his age. Such a guy can marry a girl he is even older than with 15 years but not the other way round. If such a guy go on marring a lady of same age, people may mistake her as his aunt rather than his wife.

Hence, it is advisable for ladies to always get married to older guys than marrying their age mate or those they are older than. A man must be reasonably older than his wife not the other way round. But when destiny Brings a woman who is older than her man, then they just have to go for it if and only if the woman will still respect the man as the head. As for me,I must be older than the lady I will marry with at least 5 to 10 years for the fact that ladies age faster than guys.

Well said bro! We seem to share the same line of thought. A well calculated age difference which equates the body morphology of the couple is that husband should be older than his wife with a reasonably wide margin. But, there is another factor that seems to be against that calculation, and that is sexual urge. It seems the older a man becomes, the less the sexual satisfaction his (say 7 years younger) wife derive from him. Reason some women prefer their men's age to be at per with theirs. Another case is that of sugar mummies.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mcslize: 11:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
habby51:
Marry a man 10yrs older is the best The respect will be dia My man is 10yrs older than me
Exactly
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mcslize: 11:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mojoy88:

Well said bro! We seem to share the same line of thought. A well calculated age difference which equates the body morphology of the couple is that husband should be older than his wife with a reasonably wide margin. But, there is another factor that seems to be against that calculation, and that is sexual urge. It seems the older a man becomes, the less the sexual satisfaction his (say 7 years younger) wife derive from him. Reason some women prefer their men's age to be at per with theirs. Another case is that of sugar mummies.

Well said.
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by babyfaceafrica: 11:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
Is this even a question?...
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mojoy88(m): 11:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
dingbang:
This question is meant for the ladies only
No! For guys too. Can you marry a gal you are 10 years older than? What is the age difference you find ideal?
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Boydehot: 12:00am On Apr 10, 2017
Love aside. I won't be debted to her, in the sense that nor of us will think we are superior to each.
Mcslize:

Why?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by dingbang(m): 12:02am On Apr 10, 2017
Mojoy88:

No! For guys too. Can you marry a gal you are 10 years older than? What is the age difference you find ideal?
well I can't say for now... I havnt dated any lady older than I am .. Its only when that happens I can be able to give u a definite answer
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Boydehot: 12:12am On Apr 10, 2017
He will treat u like a kid and u respect him as an adult. But when kasala burst na than u go know say that man no get human feeling, and for mind na so u go talk say hm don day wowo.
habby51:
Marry a man 10yrs older is the best
The respect will be dia
My man is 10yrs older than me

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Mcslize: 5:41am On Apr 10, 2017
Boydehot:
Love aside. I won't be debted to her, in the sense that nor of us will think we are superior to each.

Lol there's no escape route. You will still be the man of the home. The bread winner of course!
Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:21am On Apr 10, 2017
No I can't
Can't do more than 5years
No one should quote me cos we all have individual difference

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone 10 Years Older Than You? by tamertery(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2017
Quinn22:
Why not?

And as time passes by, and his sexual stamina reduces, u go start look for younger boys abi 10yrs is just too much, nothing wrong with 5 at most

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Men: Respect Yourselves. Dignity over Females. / India: Baby Born With Three Hands Worshipped As A God (Photos, Video) / Dencia's Boob And Nipples Peek Out Of Her Sheer Body Suit In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.