Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,418 members, 7,815,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian (45032 Views)

KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing / UK Airport Runway Blocked By Activists To Stop The Deportation Of Nigerians / Lady Takes A Daring Selfie Aboard A Flying Glider Plane - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
naijaboiy:

No! That's not the point.

The point is we shouldn't give a Fück about what the white man wants to think of us. We are not out there to impress them. Whatever we do should be for the progress of our own country and not to score points with the white man.

The actions of our fellow citizens on that plane may be uncivil but it doesn't mean we should be scared or bothered about what the white men would think.

They also have their own faults and they're not saints either. Why don't they bother about getting into our own "black book".

Restructure your thoughts sir!

Of course I don't care what they think of me, but believe it or not, one bad apple spoils the bunch. There's such a thing called precedent. And that is what they just succeeded in setting. Next time, they'll still chain the guy and put him where no one will see him.

And you're happy to promote incivility. Its the same civility that attracted your people to go there in the first place. Now they will work to destroy it. And you say I shouldn't be bothered. Please advice me on something else. Not this one sha.

Hope I have restructured my thoughts enough ser

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
abbeyty:

which kind yeye rule rule is that, to chain someone cuz of document? why cant they just put him on the plane without chaining him like a terrorist

So you think documents don't matter. Just ask Buhari.

Seriously, if that guy commits a serious crime how do you track him down without documents?
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
odomanis:

Their anger was not the guy's deportation but, chaining the guy on the leggs and hands. They surely will deport the guy but not in chains anymore,at least because of this protest.

Did you watch the video or did you assume I've been going to London for ear treatment that you would lie like this?

They said "100% he's not going with us"
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by ATERI(m): 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Kudos to all Nigerians on that flight. Once the world works out that you have no leaders, you are doomed. I`m always comfortable with those that would die hungry in Nigeria bringing tribalism into discourse, but all the passengers on that flight acted as ONE. I remember a case of an Angolan in the UK who lost his life when he was treated the same way this guy was treated on board a flight from Heathrow to Angola. The punishment for living in a country illegally is deportation, not suffocation or hanging.

The Nigerians on that flight were not just fighting for the guy in question but for their own dignity and honour, knowing full-well that what was happening to that guy was nothing but international disgrace. The white man would not be doing it if the cattle farmers in government had warned against it, but then the white man is a god to them who never does anything wrong

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Jammiiee(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
Bro, so you're saying because he doesn't have a document, he should be deported with his legs fettered? angry . angry angry u need to listen to urself. I'm amazed a Nigerian sees nothing bad in that. If he doesn't have genuine immigration documents and deportation is the penalty. It shouldn't be on a leash. What nonsense angry
Lanretoye:
as much as i love the spirit of the Nigerians on onboard,i am not in support if he doesn't have genuine immigration documents...
any act that contravenes the law is criminal,truth be told.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Sylverbox(m): 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
100% you are correct. I live in London and I know how United the Ibos are here. Imagine some people were saying he should be allowed to be deported like a goat!
For Christ sake did the British show us any document when they decided to rape us dry many years ago
RUBBISH!!!
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by sirpharrell(m): 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
ATERI:

Kudos to all Nigerians on that flight. Once the world works out that you have no leaders, you are doomed. I`m always comfortable with those that would die hungry in Nigeria bringing tribalism into discourse, but all the passengers on that flight acted as ONE. I remember a case of an Angolan in the UK who lost his life when he was treated the same way this guy was treated on board a flight from Heathrow to Angola. The punishment for living in a country illegally is deportation, not suffocation or hanging.

The Nigerians on that flight were not just fighting for the guy in question but for their own dignity and honour, knowing full-well that what was happening to that guy was nothing but international disgrace. The white man would not be doing it if the cattle farmers in government had warned against it, but then the white man is a god to them who never does anything wrong

The white man would not be doing it if our people spoke against the chaining of an accused in a defamation/libel case right in our own country. Please, what is the punishment for one who defames another citizen? Yesterday, it was that Kemi woman, no one cared. No one should come hear and shout when that blogger arrested by Kogi State Governor is also chained like a common criminal. Nigerians with their selective memory. Hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
The guy's deportation is just only be delayed slightly...he will eventually or maybe he's already in Nigeria by now.

Yes i'm in support of the protest, there is no need to chain the deportee like an animal...even if he's very aggressive, there are other ways of treat him humanely.

I have travelled with a number of deportees in the past and they are not in chains.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by adaksbullet: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
summerflame:
I won't blame a demented fool u are for talking in such manner to we Yorubas. Not your fault, it was caused by that bastard that didnt know what to post and comment on... I don't really support animalistic treatment by the whites. They are racist. I am an Afonja. God bless Nigeria
bus superflame his fex o embarassed

Seen grama embarassed
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Jammiiee(m): 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
So u r saying what they did to that guy was right? Just because u want the whites to see us in good light means Nigerians have to be treated like animals and no one should raise an eye brow angry

Haba angry is dt not mental slavery sad

How do u treat the whites here in Nigeria?

Quite pathetic this could be coming from a Nigerian.
TheLordIsGr8:

For promoting lawlessness .

They just got Nigeria another entry in the white man's black book.

Rules are rules. Get used to it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Jammiiee(m): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
Bro what are u saying angry, so if he must be deported, putting a leash on his leg is right? angry

My goodness shocked ! And what matters more here is what the white thinks about us and not the cruelty and animalistic approach given to dt guy? shocked

Wow! I'm amazed. I'm really amazed

TheLordIsGr8:

I do care what they think of me to some extent. Take it or not, the waters always return to the ocean. A single bad apple spoils the bunch. Perhaps you can relate to the "all men are the same" charge.

I believe in giving everyone the chance to prove themselves, which is called a fair hearing in the justice system. But sometimes we humans just lump everyone together and call it a day because its too much work to keep tabs on each person. We are all guilty of it. It works the same way some black people label all whites racists.

I'm not throwing my hands in the air. We can actually do better.

What injustice

If he is in their country illegally, then they need to take action as specified in their law.

The legal and just thing (their country, their rules) to do was to deport him. Now some other of his fellow country men are obstructing justice. Obstruction of justice is a punishable crime. And in saner times those guys would pay a visit the police station straight from the airport.

Take a look at it this way.
News flash: Nigerian stays in the country illegally.
News flash next day: Nigerians obstruct justice during attempted deportation.

But like I said, they just postponed the deportation. As long as that guy has been cleared for deportation, they don't mind dropping him off a private jet inside Sambisa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nigeriadondie: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
Only if Nigerians at home can unite as one and protest this rubbish our looters are doing and all the security police army all uniformed personnel wud stand as one then Arab spring wud be a child's play.
That is what we get when our leaders back home fail to dignify us by providing us with what it takes to live well. But sadly Nigerians are docile. The attitude of 'e no concern me' yet we all are undeniably affected.
I still commend the oyibo at least if it were in Nigeria them for don call security to beat the hell out of the man especially those over zealous security men wey like to show power for civilian body but run when them say na BH

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by RaptorX: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
Niggas always trying to claim human rights in white countries but know and accept that they will be treated worse than animals in their own countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Jammiiee(m): 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
Are you minding some nitwits angry
ireneony:
the problem is not about the deportation, is abt how they chained him like a criminal.

Nigerians in Nigeria just talk anyhow..
come abroad and witness real life.

Mtcheeew
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by darqly(m): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
white mans black book??are u more concerned about what the whites think about you than defending the injustice on your fellow countryman??

I don't believe in supporting illegality, so doing solidarity in this case is a wrong move. They mentioned the deportee had no papers, how about if it was a terrorist or wanted criminal? Should Nigerians also do aluta for that one? They could've demanded he be unchained, but preventing his removal? That's a phyrric victory in my opinion. What if KLM/Dutch govt places them on a No Fly list as a result? I oppose the chains, but mob action rarely ends well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Jammiiee(m): 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
And there we go again angry

U form a conjecture and you act like that info was what u got from the video. Why assume and not face the fact first
claremont:
If he is a convicted criminal, there is nothing wrong in him being restrained with handcuffs for the protection of the public. We don't know what the offence is, we shouldn't allow our emotions becloud our reasoning. I certainly wouldn't want a convicted armed robber being allowed to roam freely in the same plane I'm in.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
darqly:

I don't believe in supporting illegality, so doing solidarity in this case is a wrong move. They mentioned the deportee had no papers, how about if it was a terrorist or wanted criminal? Should Nigerians also do aluta for that one? They could've demanded he be unchained, but preventing his removal? That's a phyrric victory in my opinion. What if KLM/Dutch govt places them on a No Fly list as a result? I oppose the chains, but mob action rarely ends well.
we all know that the Nigerians there don't have any right to protest his deportation if indeed he's an illegal immigrant.The bone of contention was chaining him up like a dog and making him sit on an electric chair.for what??thats inhumane and no one should be treated that way.They can't try that rubbish with an American citizen
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by RaptorX: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2017
All those dumb asses yelling and screaming on that tape could easily be identified and banned from ever flying with KLM ever again and put on a no fly list.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by manikspears: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

For promoting lawlessness .

They just got Nigeria another entry in the white man's black book.

Rules are rules. Get used to it.
Uncle rokus from boondocks spotted.
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by nnemak(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
cash247:
Good job guys. They had no reason whatsoever to chain him onboard..
That's how they bring them in o. I have witnessed same in an Air france flight. The Nigerian man gave the 2 interpol officers stress until we were airborne. He was the 1st to board and the last to disembark when we got to lagos
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Jammiiee:
Bro what are u saying angry, so if he must be deported, putting a leash on his leg is right? angry

My goodness shocked ! And what matters more here is what the white thinks about us and not the cruelty and animalistic approach given to dt guy? shocked

Wow! I'm amazed. I'm really amazed

Worse happen in Nigeria daily. Where is your outrage?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by 9jest: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
From all indications this unfortunate incident happened in a Lagos bound KLM aircraft still stationary at Amsterdam Schipol airport, therefore at that time the aircraft would still be under the jurisdiction of the Laws of Netherlands Normally a deportee is not restricted by any means or accompanied, the normal procedure is that the deportee is delivered to the aircraft and his documents handed over to the aircraft's commanding officer.
Let us bear in mind that The Netherlands is a country known for her liberal stance and how fairly the treat immigrants. If they the Dutch authorities had resorted to the use of extreme measures to restrict the deportee it would be for a serious reason, my take is that he, the deportee must have made threatening statements or acted in a manner that may have suggested or indicated his intention to act violently which could consequently put his or other passenger's safety in jeopardy.
In as much as it is inhumane to see a fellow Nigerian treated like an animal with so much disregard, let us not be quick in condemning the Dutch authority, when you enter a foreign country without valid documents, it is only right that you expect some level of penance.

On the matter in question, the officers could just have moved the passenger further up the aircraft, maybe in the business class or transferred him to another flight
I will also reiterate that the Nigerian authorities as a standard are informed prior every deportation of her national from a foreign country[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by BetaThings: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
ATERI:

What honour?
We do worse in Nigeria
Anyway don't try this in the US
You will miss your flight and freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ8ZQT-Z69A
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
ATERI:

Since you left Nigeria till today, have you ever broken a law wherever you are based?

Your question is a non sequitur and I'm not debating in an infantile manner.

Have a nice day.
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
we all know that the Nigerians there don't have any right to protest his deportation
But they did anyway, without immediate consequence.
I tell you most solemnly, since the hunter has learnt to shoot without missing, the bird has also learnt to fly without perching

Brownbarbie97:
The bone of contention was chaining him up like a dog and making him sit on an electric chair
My friend, you don't sympathize with criminals. He made himself liable to such treatment by breaking the law. Do sane people break the law?

Brownbarbie97:
thats inhumane and no one should be treated that way.
A nigerian talking about humane treatment? Surely the world is upside down.
I mean, Nigerian soldiers and police do worse on a daily basis. Where is your outrage lady?

Brownbarbie97:
They can't try that rubbish with an American citizen
Neither will your fellow Nigerians pull such stunt with Nigerian authorities. koboko ti take over.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
Phi001:

So, how do know his offence is a violent crime? undecided

Because he's restrained?

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

I tell you most solemnly, since the hunter has learnt to shoot without missing, the bird has also learnt to fly without perching

My friend, you don't sympathize with criminals. He made himself liable to such treatment by breaking the law. Do sane people break the law?

I mean, Nigerian soldiers and police do worse on a daily basis. Where is your outrage lady?

Neither will your fellow Nigerians pull such stunt with Nigerian authorities. koboko ti take over.
what is wrong is wrong irrespective of whether it happens in your country or not.Call a spade a spade,condemn bad things when u see it,pple with ur mentality are the reason Nigeria is the way it is and won't change anytime soon.So because we are used to bullshit in this country we should just sit back,fold our arms and tolerate whatever inhumane treatment we receive abroad and be treated like the scum of the earth?I can see you have no sense of pride in ur nationality or even ur blackness/humanity.honestly I'm disappointed in you,pls don't quote me again on this topic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
Brownbarbie97:
what is wrong is wrong irrespective of whether it happens in your country or not
Bull's eye. You make sense here.
So i still love yougrin

Brownbarbie97:
pple with ur mentality are the reason Nigeria is the way it is and won't change anytime soon.
I can see how you are moving the country forward by promoting lawlessness (overstaying your welcome) and incivility (obstructing officers in the rightful discharge of their duties).

Brownbarbie97:
So because we are used to bullshit in this country we should just sit back,fold our arms and tolerate whatever inhumane treatment we receive abroad and be treated like the scum of the earth?
Charity begins at home aunty. If we showed all this amount of brotherly love back home this incident would likely never have happened.

Brownbarbie97:
I can see you have no sense of pride in ur nationality or even ur blackness/humanity
I no submit application say I want renounce citizenship. So I proud of my country, even if na small.
I no bleach. So I proud of my blackness.
I no kill myself for recession. So I proud of my humanity

Brownbarbie97:
honestly
I doubt if you're being honest.

Brownbarbie97:
I'm disappointed in you,pls don't quote me again on this topic.
Why is it that whenever your view is challenged you get disappointed and try to shut down the other. I am not surprised. The people you are defending had no regard for civility. Its only fair that you follow suit.

Quote me again if you like. I won't try to shut you down. We can agree to disagree. Lets be civil.
Re: Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian by buchibrand(m): 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

You have successfully quoted every sensible comment on this thread, trying to prove a point that you are the wisest and best reasoning person in here. Its rather unfortunate that you are very wise in your own eyes without recourse to sanctity of human lives and respect to basic human rights which they have always blamed the Nigerian Army/Government to have violated, yet this same people are treating a Human Being this way and you see nothing wrong in it. What I deduce from your comments and arguments is that you are yet to appreciate the gains of civilisation or you are still living in the 16th century (in your mind and reasoning)
I'm sure I have not insulted you, but if you sense any, I'm very sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burial Of Man, His Wife & 2 Kids Who Died In Accident (Photos) / I Trapped A Snake With My Car Tyres / Man Dies In Fatal Accident In Anambra (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.