Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? (12891 Views)

What Does It Mean To Fake Accent? - A Different Perspective / Do You Have An Accent? / The Best African Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by kokoye(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sprumbaba:

I know of someone that came to the US and stayed for 4 weeks. This person was from a village in Ogun state.
After 4 weeks and this lady left a voice message on my phone - all i heard was a rap like that of idris abdulkareem (i no hear anything) 4 weeks american accent.

Naa everywhere them they fake accent. I don hear LEXUS being called LEZUS.

That is not faking an accent. That is a wrong pronounciation that needs to be pointed out and corrected to prevent further disgrace.  cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sprumbaba:

I know of someone that came to the US and stayed for 4 weeks. This person was from a village in Ogun state.
After 4 weeks and this lady left a voice message on my phone - all i heard was a rap like that of idris abdulkareem (i no hear anything) 4 weeks american accent.

Naa everywhere them they fake accent. I don hear LEXUS being called LEZUS.
LOOOOOL cheesy
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by Eddee(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by nas00(m): 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2009
The moment i observe a 9ja lady (guys too) faking a 'Behind' accent, it gives me a hint dat a lot of things about them would be fake.

Some of them are prostitutes or fraudsters who learnt to speak in english or american accent to catch unsuspecting victims.

For instance, ladies that wear their natural hair or nails nowadays are scarce in 9ja (u can look around u to confirm). It's either one attachment or d other etc
I don tire for all these fake 'chics' sef cry cry
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by africhika(f): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
kokoye, no i haven't been to ikoyi. i'd like 2.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by Bay1970(m): 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2009
No be only girls dey form fake accent, last time I dey for lagos with some friends, this guy came back from South Africa; he really made everyone uncomfortable with his American accent.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by SisiKill1: 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2009
Lmao @ thread! So funny cheesy

Seriously though, what's Shepe? I've never heard of it before.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by ssumpta(f): 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
nas 00:

The moment i observe a 9ja lady (guys too) faking a 'Behind' accent, it gives me a hint dat a lot of things about them would be fake.

Some of them are love-peddlers or fraudsters who learnt to speak in english or american accent to catch unsuspecting victims.

For instance, ladies that wear their natural hair or nails nowadays are scarce in 9ja (u can look around u to confirm). It's either one attachment or d other etc
I don tire for all these fake 'chics' sef   cry cry
Isnt that wat attracts u guys? I wear my hair and nails au naturel and i know wat im talkin about.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by chiogo(f): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Lmao @ thread! So funny cheesy

Seriously though, what's Shepe? I've never heard of it before.
Liquor.

You sef you're faking your accent. tongue tongue grin
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by mamagee3(f): 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2009
Men are more likely to fake accent than women. tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by kushe: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2009
if you must speak with an accent,make sure it tallies with where you live,learn the rudiments ,the slangs,practice in front of a mirror for a bit,freestyle around close friends and family that wont run you down but rather correct you.after building some confidence,enjoy.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by SisiKill1: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ chiogo
Faiking mah accent? Aronowa you mean. This is how ah tawk, ok? Ah have no need to faik it.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by SisiKill1: 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2009
Oooops dawble post, mah bad.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by ravenzord(m): 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ Omega: Don't mind the Oral Haven statement,that's referring to a thread on the Literature board where Ibkaye posted her recorded stories,unfortunately I couldn't decipher what she was saying cos she speaks with a posh British accent,ajepako like me.

@ Sisi: Yah's faiking it,don'tcha knauw it's s'pozd tah be 'yah' and not 'you'.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by teekay4rea(f): 12:06am On Dec 31, 2009
4 u guyz now
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by nethacker(m): 12:11am On Dec 31, 2009
teekay4rea:

4 u guyz now
nope,its da ladies grin
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by Krayola(m): 1:33am On Dec 31, 2009
haha. Naija till I die.

I called one of my friends in naija for Xmas and he was shocked at how strong my pidgin and yoruba is, considering I hardly ever even spoke either when I was in naija. 14 years out of Naija and i still dey rep like say na village I dey live.  cool cool

Naija till i die. no be just mouth.  wink
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by SwtzMinx(f): 6:42am On Dec 31, 2009
.i guess itz c0s d 'big' boiz lyk it, nd everyone knos d 'big' b0iz hv gat caSh,
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by FMK(m): 7:04am On Dec 31, 2009
You nigerians can form Fake accent but you are always recognized as Nigerians because your Yoruba , Igbo and other mother languages affect your mouths position and the tonque is very heavy
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by jtkoko9(f): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2009
every accent for every occasion.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by kushe: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2009
so far you dont bite your tongue,i guess some fonee is healthy for your self esteem .
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by cibilola(f): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2009
the annoying fact is that it is not just Nigerians (ladies and men) in Nigeria that seem to have mastered the fine act of strange accent. We see them abroad too sad sad. It is very strange to listen to, besides that person comes across as fake as well. There is nothing wrong with our accent as it is.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by FMK(m): 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
something always embarasse me  why people are not proud of what they are ?  i have never seen a white man fake african accent  but why only African Fake  everything  accent, Colour, Hairs,curls, intimacy.y position  etc,,   from white  europe america
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by lysaa(f): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2009
cibilola:

the annoying fact is that it is not just Nigerians (ladies and men) in Nigeria that seem to have mastered the fine act of strange accent. We see them abroad too sad sad. It is very strange to listen to, besides that person comes across as fake as well. There is nothing wrong with our accent as it is.
yeah, we hear fake accent from ppl everywhere, in USA o, UK o, Ghana o to our homeland Naija. I Personally do not have problem with it but when the person really has problem in pronouncing words rightly, it becomes irritating. In Naija, there is big hatred grown from complex for speaking the right way. A person who talks applying the correct rudiments in English Language is tagged a 'former or faker'. Have a cus who, even tho stayed abroad, gets angry when ppl talk well not to talk of the accent thing and i'm like 'pls chill or give them a break'.
I feel if u want to speak a language, including English, speak it well, if possible like an English. If u want to speak yoruba, speak it well not with an ibo accent or speaking Chinese with an American accent. .but u see, it'snot always possible which is similar to this beef for them fakers on ground.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by skfa1: 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2009
I don hear LEXUS being called LEZUS.

Buahahahah IMAO,  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by chiogo(f): 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

@ chiogo
Faiking mah accent? Aronowa you mean. This is how ah tawk, ok? Ah have no need to faik it.   
Lolololol I don die!! Aronowa?? ah thats a nu wan!!  tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by dreamara(f): 12:24am On Jan 01, 2010
@harakiri Which person in COOL FM r u talking about? i guess it's that fake Sophie
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by Decryptor(m): 1:44am On Jan 01, 2010
For ur eyes only

Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by rasputinn(m): 2:41am On Jan 01, 2010
Reminds me of that musician from Unilag;Kel
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:21am On Jan 01, 2010
Kel is not from UNILAG, she's from LASU.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by Nizoral(f): 8:06am On Jan 01, 2010
Its kul atleast it modifies deir english but sometimes it can be very annoying.
Re: Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? by Desdo(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2010
Infact, I am tired of their forming. Imaging pronuncing words halfway and the like, Come on! they should be themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com / Iwa Akwa Festival: / Obaship Crisis Rocks Yorubas In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.