Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

"Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" (33257 Views)

I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... / My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by alabo1: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Dude. 4 years in phone tech/life is like 20 years in the auto sector. In fact most of what we use in our cars today ABS, Power Steering, Airbags, ECU etc have been around for 3 decades or more. However in the mobile world its leaps and bounds. So yes the comparison is in order. For whatever the user wants in a phone, The CX is better than the S4.
ollah2:

Listen to yourself bro. S4 debuted few years ago and you are using the emboldened as an assertion. It all depends on what the user wants in a phone and there are so many things that make one pick a device over the other.

1 Like

Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by maasoap(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

You didn't prove anything. Advertising with Manchester City doesn't mean Tecno meet the standards of the Middle East and European Countries.

Standards also varies from country to country. Now, tell me what you proved?
If it didn't meet their standard, they wouldn't allow it in their countries. Talk something else.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
omoade1890:

simple, tecno is targeted to Africans where radio isn't outdated yet. the NFC and IR blasted are important but not necessary.
how on Earth will someone pick s4 over CX maybe that's where choice come in, but anyday anytime I'll go with tecno cx over one outdated s4 that will make your charger a part of fashion (where you go your charger go lol)... all the die hard fans of s4 are just saying Snapdragon since morning, abeg na only Snapdragon person dey fine for phone. ... some people ehn

How is radio on smartphones important yet NFC and IR blaster aren't? There every reason to pick S4 over the CX. How can you label 2014 phone outdated even when some features on 7.0 was already available in its UI.

N.B S4 has a good battery life.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2017
maasoap:

And 5.5 inch too. Wink wink!

Do you have any idea of what's called screen to body ratio?
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
maasoap:

If it didn't meet their standard, they wouldn't allow it in their countries. Talk something else.

Can you comprehend at all? Who allowed Tecno in their countries? Which carriers sells them? Which phone outlets recommends them? You can only feed the gullibles with the nonsense you are typed
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
alabo1:
Dude. 4 years in phone tech/life is like 20 years in the auto sector. In fact most of what we use in our cars today ABS, Power Steering, Airbags, ECU etc have been around for 3 decades or more. However in the mobile world its leaps and bounds. So yes the comparison is in order. For whatever the user wants in a phone, The CX is better than the S4.

Simple question.

How is the CX better than the S4? You guys keep writing nonsense yet can't back it up.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by omoade1890(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

How is radio on smartphones important yet NFC and IR blaster aren't? There every reason to pick S4 over the CX. How can you label 2014 phone outdated even when some features on 7.0 was already available in its UI.

N.B S4 has a good battery life.

hey man if you must quote me then do it right. I never said NFC and IR blaster aren't important, i said they are not necessary. don't you think there have been lots of evolution after 2014?? s4 was super in it's own time but you should understand that a lot has changed since 2014 and s4 cannot rule/stand where cx stand. the only hype is the Samsung brand on it that's all....but on the battery life I don't know what to say again coz you're the only person mentioning that #chers
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
omoade1890:

hey man if you must quote me then do it right. I never said NFC and IR blaster aren't important, i said they are not necessary. don't you think there have been lots of evolution after 2014?? s4 was super in it's own time but you should understand that a lot has changed since 2014 and s4 cannot rule/stand where cx stand. the only hype is the Samsung brand on it that's all....but on the battery life I don't know what to say again coz you're the only person mentioning that #chers

Alot has changed bur you are yet to prove that lots thay have changed. What makes the CX better than S4? Oh , since it's really in 2017 then it's automatically better than a 2014 phone. Brilliant!!
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by henry007(m): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Alfred234:

Lol grin u don't know dis sammy fanboys they'll come and argue that it's not by camera

The camera for the S4 is not even bad, everything about the s4 doesn't just agree well with all the 2017 updated apps tbh.

@OP
Basically, it would be wise to take even a mid range Nougat device over the Samsung S4 unless you want to be in that "My apps are not working" struggle.
I'd take the L9 plus over the samsung s4/s5 any day.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
henry007:

The camera for the S4 is not even bad, everything about the s4 doesn't just agree well with all the 2017 updated apps tbh.

@OP
Basically, it would be wise to take even a mid range Nougat device over the Samsung S4 unless you want to be in that struggle.
I'd take the L9 plus over the samsung s4/s5 any day.

Stop this nonsense. List the everything. The last official software S4 recieved was lollipop. So apps aren't stable on lollipop or perhaps not working perfectly on the said OS. You should speak for yourself bro
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Norman4real(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

Stop writing trash. How does the CX beats S4 in battey, Camera, screen size, Internet speeds? Build quality is subjective. You don't just type nonsense on your phone to feed the gullibles. It shows you have no idea what you are typing, you rated S4 to be a small sized phone.

FM on phones is outdated. If you need one, simply use Internet radio. NFC and IR blaster are important. The importance differs from person to person.
FM on phones is outdated? Anyway thats just you so i wont argue about that as you seem to be unaware that even the 2017 Samsung A7 has an FM Radio.
You ask how CX beats S4 in terms of screen Size, are you stupid? S4 is 5 inches while cx is 5.5 inches.
And when it comes to internet please be aware that majority of S4 phone don't support 4G internet, the ones that do are exclusive to T.Mobile and AT&T networks in USA.
You ask about battery, s4 has 2600mah while cx has 3200mah. Also keep in mind that Android 7 has better battery optimization.
Now tell me who of us here is writing trash?? I'm giving you FACTS.

1 Like

Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by omoade1890(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

Stop this nonsense. List the everything. The last official software S4 recieved was lollipop. So apps aren't stable on lollipop or perhaps not working perfectly on the said OS. You should speak for yourself bro

bro go ahead and list everything you feel that make s4 a king over cx
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Norman4real(m): 4:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

You didn't prove anything. Advertising with Manchester City doesn't mean Tecno meet the standards of the Middle East and European Countries.

Standards also varies from country to country. Now, tell me what you proved?
Thats why i asked you, if tecno knew their standards are below minimum, why would they bother advertising to regions where they know they aren't allowed to sell their phones?? In any case what do you have to back up your argument that their products dont meet the standards there?
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2017
Norman4real:
Thats why i asked you, if tecno knew their standards are below minimum, why would they bother advertising to regions where they know they aren't allowed to sell their phones?? In any case what do you have to back up your argument that their products dont meet the standards there?

What are you talking about? Yes, they did an advert with Manchester city. Does that automatically mean that meet uk and UAE standards? Hell no

Would Vodafone, O2, Orange et al sell tecno or recommend them? NO

Would car phone warehouse or the likes sell their phones? NO

How's this so difficult to comprehend?
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
omoade1890:

bro go ahead and list everything you feel that make s4 a king over cx

I didnt say S4 is a king over the CX. It's you guys that "kinged " the CX over S4 yet can't prove anything.

1 Like

Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Bibleuser: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
I laugh at foolishness. Soon you'll start saying that a product of 2013 is better than the phantom 6 plus
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Norman4real(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
OVA200:
I won't trade word with you but are you telling me Tecno, OnePlus or any other is better than Samsung? Check any thing about phone and you will find Samsung there either the best phone of the year or the brand with the most sale or the list of top brand of any year don't ever compare Tecno with Samsung never and ever, but on the topic people are just being sentimental Tecno camon CX is far better than Samsung Galaxy S4.
You're very true, as a brand Samsung is far ahead of Tecno. That however doesnt mean that tecno phones cant hold their own.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
Norman4real:
FM on phones is outdated? Anyway thats just you so i wont argue about that as you seem to be unaware that even the 2017 Samsung A7 has an FM Radio.
You ask how CX beats S4 in terms of screen Size, are you stupid? S4 is 5 inches while cx is 5.5 inches.
And when it comes to internet please be aware that majority of S4 phone don't support 4G internet, the ones that do are exclusive to T.Mobile and AT&T networks in USA.
You ask about battery, s4 has 2600mah while cx has 3200mah. Also keep in mind that Android 7 has better battery optimization.
Now tell me who of us here is writing trash?? I'm giving you FACTS.

You can pass your message without been insultive.
5.5inches doesn't automatically means, it's bigger. Do know anything called screen to body ratio?
How does more mah equates longer battery life?
What do you mean by exclusiveness to carriers? Loads of people uses branded phones in Nigeria without any single problems. So?

@ the emboldened. That's you sir
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by henry007(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

A lot of apps not working smoothly on the S4- it's impossible to get through the list.
Cheap plastic material.
Inferior selfie shooter with grainy output.
Smaller and older battery(most likely a replacement unit) and below average battery life (even as at the year it was released)
Heating issues on snapdragon versions.
Super vibrant amoled display that burns into the screen over time leaving stains of ink.
Cheap but fake phone parts in the market, like screen, charging port et.c NOTE: your s4 is most likely a couple of years old and has already started to fall apart for the umpteenth time.

About upgrading your s4 to Lollipop, see quora answer below.

Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2017
henry007:

A lot of apps not working smoothly on the S4- it's impossible to get through the list.
Cheap plastic material.
Inferior selfie shooter with grainy output.
Inferior battery(most likely a replacement unit) and even worse battery life as at the year it was released.
Heating issues on snapdragon versions.
Super vibrant amoled display that burns into the screen over time leaving stains of ink.
Cheap but fake phone parts in the market, like screen, charging port et.c NOTE: your s4 is most likely a couple of years old and has already started to fall apart for the umpteenth time.

About upgrading your s4 to Lollipop, see quora answer below.

Lol, you went online to search and posted this trash. How can you say a lot of apps aren't working on S4? The last official update for S4 was Lollipop and it was smooth until it stopped been supported.

Yes the selfie is inferior and that's where it ends. It has a replaceable battery and loads of people still appreciate that. How is the battery inferior? Ohh , CX has 3200mah so automatically it's better than 2600mah of S4?

Amoled doesn't burn in in S4. Infact, I never experienced any burn in S3 talk more of S4. This is the same way you write nonsense about OLED, yet every company is going OLED now ( Google, Apple et al)

You seem to have typed that comment with loads of anger. Be calm, it's just a phone and just a discourse
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Norman4real(m): 4:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
Brigance:

If by average user, you mean mediocre and under utilization, then I'll probably agree with you.

Keep in mind that there are phones from 20
13 that trumps the Camon in build quality, sound quality, and mostly performance. Eg, M8.

infact, let me ask you, which would you pick between the m8 and Camon, forgiving the battery capacity of the m8?
youre right, M8 has good speakers, good metalic build and a good processor. The deal breaker for me would be the pricing, i'd buy the cheaper one. Though i'm a 5.5-6 inch screen person so the M8's size is a turn off.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Norman4real(m): 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

Lol, you went online to search and posted this trash. How can you say a lot of apps aren't working on S4? The last official update for S4 was Lollipop and it was smooth until it stopped been supported.

Yes the selfie is inferior and that's where it ends. It has a replaceable battery and loads of people still appreciate that. How is the battery inferior? Ohh , CX has 3200mah so automatically it's better than 2600mah of S4?

Amoled doesn't burn in in S4. Infact, I never experienced any burn in S3 talk more of S4. This is the same way you write nonsense about OLED, yet every company is going OLED now ( Google, Apple et al)

You seem to have typed that comment with loads of anger. Be calm, it's just a phone and just a discourse
only angry person here is you. The dude gave you facts and you chose to ignore them simply because to you S4 is a flawless device. Please calm down, youre not the first person to own a samsung.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
Norman4real:
only angry person here is you. The dude gave you facts and you chose to ignore them simply because to you S4 is a flawless device. Please calm down, youre not the first person to own a samsung.

What are those facts? He simply stated trash which exist as facts to ilks like you. Did I tell you I own a samsung phone? How does negating the lies your ilks are writing about the S4 mean I own a samsung phone?
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by henry007(m): 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
Brigance:

mentioning Camon in the same sentence with s7 and iPhone...

That's just great.
Because i use an iphone and a camon cx. I had to switch my snapchat to the camon CX to test it. It's amazing!
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

Stop sounding like a kid which you don't look anyway like. There's always continuity is tech but the comparisons here are phones from different companies.

Also, S5 didn't come months after S4. It debuted a year after it. If you have no idea of this, just stay on the sidelines and learn. A product debuted this year doesn't automatically means it's better than the previous versions.

Let me lecture you more, C series of Tecno are midrange phones hence arrive with mediocre internals. Would you conclude that this CX is better than phantom 6 simply because it's months older than that?

A product of same series debutting a year after automatically means it is better than the previous. Technology is evolving and so changes are made. I still maintain, if S4 is that good, S5, not to talk of S8, wouldnt have been made.

I end just like @Omoade1890 said "don't you think there have been lots of evolution after 2014?? s4 was super in it's own time but you should understand that a lot has changed since 2014 and s4 cannot rule/stand where cx stand"

thank you sir, Mr Lecturer

1 Like

Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by henry007(m): 5:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
ollah2:

I don't need to do an online test, i've been obsessed with mobile tech for years + i worked inside computer village last year. I see why you appreciate the S4(nostalgia from that time it was bad ass) but buying it in 2017 is just 100% sufferheadness.

You cannot even begin to imagine how many things have changed since the time when people said it was cool. If you want levels or class or functionality, S4 has none of that to offer in 2017. S4 is in the class of iPhone 4s, e no even reach iPhone 5 tbh.

Talking about the Camon CX, the design is just like the iphone which iphone itself is still using, it's beautiful.
The camera is top notch.

Samsung s6 that costs 3-4 times the S4 just got the Nougat update which people are now advising others not to update yet meanwhile Camon CX ships with it. NOTE: there would be no OS after Nougat til much later in the year.

S4 and Camon CX are only mates when it comes to ram and that's Tecno's oversight. However the system uses up less than even the phantom 6 with 3GB ram as seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8f4TVr5NMM?a

Lastly, the information above is mainly for people that can actually afford the Camon CX.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
funmyade:

A product of same series debutting a year after automatically means it is better than the previous. Technology is evolving and so changes are made. I still maintain, if S4 is that good, S5, not to talk of S8, wouldnt have been made.

I end just like @Omoade1890 said "don't you think there have been lots of evolution after 2014?? s4 was super in it's own time but you should understand that a lot has changed since 2014 and s4 cannot rule/stand where cx stand"

You are confusing yourselves. Are the phones in question by same OEM talk more of same series? Yes, tech has improved over the years but that doesn't mean the newest phone is better than a few years version.

None of you guys have been able to prove that CX is better than S4. All you have been screaming all day long is technological advancements yet no substantial evidence to back it up
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
henry007:

I don't need to do an online test, i've been obsessed with mobile tech for years. I see why you appreciate the S4(nostalgia from that time it was bad ass) but buying it in 2017 is just 100% sufferheadness.

You cannot even begin to imagine how many things have changed since the time when people said it was cool. If you want levels or class or functionality, S4 has none of that to offer in 2017. S4 is in the class of iPhone 4s, e no even reach iPhone 5 tbh.

Talking about the Camon CX, the design is just like the iphone which iphone itself is still using, it's beautiful.
The camera is top notch.

Samsung s6 that costs 3-4 times the S4 just got the Nougat update which people are now advising others not to update yet meanwhile Camon CX chips with it. NOTE: there would be no OS after Nougat til much later in the year.

S4 and Camon CX are only mates when it comes to ram and that's Tecno's oversight. However the system uses up less than even the phantom 6 with 3GB ram as seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8f4TVr5NMM?a

Lastly, the information above is mainly for people that can actually afford the Camon CX.

As usual, long tales of BS. What are the 2017 technologies that are out that which S4 has none of? Iphone 4s is in the same class with S4, only a tech defunct person would say that.

If CX has same design as the Iphone(iphone 6 upwards I guess) then it's ugly.

Only you knows about S4 shouldn't be updated to Lollipop and only you also knows that S6 shouldn't be updated to Nougat. You must know a whole lots of things. Did you expect S6 to "chip" with Nougat 2 years ago?

Despite S4 been offficially on Lollipop. There are loads of features which Google just added to Android but as been available on Touchwiz for a long time.

You leveled S4 and CX on RAM simply because they have same amount of RAM but iphone 4s is on same level with S4 despite having inferior specs. You must be very brilliant

You have only been obsessed with blackberry technology for years.
Welcome to the Android world
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Brigance(m): 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Norman4real:

youre right, M8 has good speakers, good metalic build and a good processor. The deal breaker for me would be the pricing, i'd buy the cheaper one. Though i'm a 5.5-6 inch screen person so the M8's size is a turn off.

Screen size for me doesn't go beyond 5.2"

Anything beyond that is like straddling a baby.

You know, pixel ratio is densier on smaller screen, so better display output.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by ollah2: 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
Brigance:

Look beyond the screen size but screen to body ratio. iPhone 6 plus, 6s plus, 7 plus have 5.5 inches but monstrous in sizes.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Norman4real(m): 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
Brigance:

Oh and i also forgot about Dual sim and micro sim card support. On that basis then sorry but there's no way I'd take M8. i just cant do without Dual sim.
Re: "Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" by Brigance(m): 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
funmyade:

This yarp about if S4 isn't good, there won't be s5, bla bla is just plain ridiculous.

Nobody disagrees the s5 being an upgrade over s4, heck, thats what its meant to be.

The question here is whether the S4 still has enough jizz to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria / Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones / Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.