Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:51 AM

Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria (11340 Views)

Breaking News!!! America Finally Legalizes Same-sex Marriage *see Obama Tweet / US Embassy Issues Emergency Alert To Its Citizens In Abuja / Us Embassy Advises Its Citizens To Be Ready For Evacuation If Strike Persists (2) (3) (4)

Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:23am On Dec 30, 2009
• American Intelligence Officials Flood Abuja

By Paul Arhewe (Lagos) and Chinedu Offor (Washington DC) (With Agency Report)

Washington has expressed satisfaction with Abuja’s support in the investigation of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab who attempted to bomb an American airliner on December 25.
United States officials said both Nigerian diplomats and security agencies have been providing “appreciable co-operation.”
Dozens of American intelligence officials are in Abuja and some Northern states seeking background information on the family of Abdulmuttab, son of former First Bank and United Bank for Africa (UBA) Chairman, Umaru Mutallab.
The father, suspicious of his terrorist activities, had reported him to security agents and the U.S. embassy in Abuja last month.
CIA and the FBI operatives will undertake a security tour of the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos to determine how Abdulmutallab left the country with a bomb sewn inside his underwear.
While the investigation continues, fears that the latest religious violence in Bauchi could spread to neigbouring states has prompted America to order all its citizens to leave Northern Nigeria.
The State Department also asked Americans in other parts of the country to “be vigilant and take additional security precautions” because of a possible break down of law and order.
President Barack Obama directed that additional CIA and FBI officials be drafted to the Nigerian Desk in the State Department to monitor the situation.
“Nigeria is emerging as a potential trouble spot and we are being prudent in keeping a closer watch on developments”, an official told Daily Independent in Washington
The CIA had in its annual report labeled Nigeria as “a potential recruiting ground for terrorist groups” and warned that Al-Qaida seeks to overthrow the Nigerian Government because of the perception that it is not a religious extremist.
CIA officials argued that the high population of jobless youths and growing Koranic schools pose a threat not just to Nigeria but other nations.
“These are where vulnerable youths are indoctrinated and by fundamentalist groups” the said.
Washington is also deploying other assets through its Africa Military Command of (AFRICOM) to monitor developments, the White House is worried by “the seeming power vacuum” caused by the absence of President Umaru Yar’Adua.

http://independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=5918
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 2:26am On Dec 30, 2009
Man man man
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 30, 2009
The CIA had in its annual report labeled Nigeria as “a potential recruiting ground for terrorist groups”

This one no be news. cool
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by THEAMAKA1: 2:31am On Dec 30, 2009
and this has been going on for how long now? now all of a sudden america wants to warn its citizens to leave? WHY NOW? why not months and months ago?
wtf?
its not like this is a nigerian thing. THIS GUY WENT ON HIS OWN FREE WILL TO YEMEN TO TAKE PART IN THIS!! what does this have to do with Nigeria? one effining guy went out of his way to go to another country to train himself for this mess!! so if there is a problem, it's not in Nigeria or with Nigerians.
wtf is the US tryna get into now? this smells fishy.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by skfa1: 2:32am On Dec 30, 2009
wont the US government get our own Nigerian government approval before drafting their CIA or FBI to Nigeria? I just dont get something here.

Sometimes some things are done to us which i dont like, for example bringing American soldier to come and guild Nigerian oil production is ridiculous.

I bet they will never allow any African soldier to step on their own land for any reason.

Well lets see how things goes sha.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:34am On Dec 30, 2009
Is this the beginning of the end??

[size=5pt]amaka hw r u?[/size] grin grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 30, 2009
So America just realized the religious friction in Nigeria? The danger and lack of security?

Sh sh shiiiooooor.

We want them all out anywayz. Living like kings and queens in our country, while our own people live like peasants.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:37am On Dec 30, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

and this has been going on for how long now? now all of a sudden america wants to warn its citizens to leave? WHY NOW? why not months and months ago?
wtf?
its not like this is a nigerian thing. THIS GUY WENT ON HIS OWN FREE WILL TO YEMEN TO TAKE PART IN THIS!! what does this have to do with Nigeria? one effining guy went out of his way to go to another country to train himself for this mess!! so if there is a problem, it's not in Nigeria or with Nigerians.

Haba, U dey vex o! shocked shocked

They r tryna liberate Biafra grin grin
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by THEAMAKA1: 2:38am On Dec 30, 2009
@ FL Gators
GBAM!! this has been going on for how long? why now? foolish people.

@ Sunny Bobo
lol im fine.
you are still on about this Biafra thing. na wa for you oooo tongue
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 2:41am On Dec 30, 2009

They r tryna liberate Biafra

Hmm at least let them first be aware that people called the "igbo" live in nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by skfa1: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2009
FL Gators:

So America just realized the religious friction in Nigeria? The danger and lack of security?

Sh sh shiiiooooor.

We want them all out anywayz. Living like kings and queens in our country, while our own people live like peasants.

Well said, make dem leave self  angry . who give a damn about them, dem be God? Them in Nigeria does not give each Nigerian citizen their daily food, so whats the fuse all about.  Let them go jare and stay in their two bedroom flat, they no dey beg person. shiooor  angry   angry

Nonsense upon injury.

I no blame them , na that guy cause all this yeye insult and causing bad image for us.

Bull sit angry angry
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On Dec 30, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

wtf?

Rather then get emotion over nothing ( seems your MO) why not take time to READ for understanding sake?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by THEAMAKA1: 2:44am On Dec 30, 2009
@ Sunny Bobo and SEFAGO!
hush!!! this is not the place to start your babbling now.

Kobojunkie:

Rather then get emotion over nothing ( seems your MO) why not take time to READ for understanding sake?
hush.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Beaf: 2:46am On Dec 30, 2009
[size=14pt]Dropped on Boko Haram, Kala Kato, Maitatsine, sharia etc[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 2:48am On Dec 30, 2009
@ Sunny Bobo and SEFAGO!
Wetin concern me with all this one, I am a patiently waiting for some new phenomena to take the media's interest that is my only concern. "Nigerian" "Nigerian" everywhere I go. This guy repped us no be small, he should have at least made a rap video during his attempt, it would have given his some media coverage
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Odunnu: 2:49am On Dec 30, 2009
Nigeria,oh Nigeria!!!
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:53am On Dec 30, 2009
THE.AMAKA:

@ Sunny Bobo and SEFAGO!

hush.

No, seriously, we are just a couple of hours from a brand new year. How about you take a gander at IMPROVING your contributions on here? You don't have to be perfect but I get the impression sometimes that you are just out here( in politics section) to paint an image of woman being just airheads and floozies, nothing more. This is an interesting topic here, and I hope we get into it with some good contributions from all sides, not have it ruined even before it starts. Happy new year in advance! smiley
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Beaf: 2:55am On Dec 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

No, seriously, we are just a couple of hours from a brand new year. How about you take a gander at IMPROVING your contributions on here? You don't have to be perfect but I get the impression sometimes that you are just out here( in politics section) to paint an image of woman being just airheads and floozies, nothing more. This is an interesting topic here, and I hope we get into it with some good contributions from all sides, not have it ruined even before it starts. Happy new year in advance! smiley

Sharap! Look in the mirror.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:56am On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

Wetin concern me with all this one, I am a patiently waiting for some new phenomena to take the media's interest that is my only concern. "Nigerian" "Nigerian" everywhere I go. This guy repped us no be small, he should have at least made a rap video during his attempt, it would have given his some media coverage

U seem not to be folowing media reports lately. Emphasis has moved from "THE NIGERIAN MAN" to "THE MAN FROM NORTHERN NIGERIA".
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 2:56am On Dec 30, 2009
Guys relax, we should focus all our insults on Umar the leg-bomber not each other.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Beaf: 2:58am On Dec 30, 2009
Why do I think this is a hoax? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 30, 2009
Why are some of you vexed? Is it because it's America? If you have families in areas of instability, won't you advice they leave?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 2:59am On Dec 30, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

U seem not to be folowing media reports lately. Emphasis has moved from "THE NIGERIAN MAN" to "THE MAN FROM NORTHERN NIGERIA".

I doubt this is real news considering the US is still locked in the current situation with the detroit bombing and figuring out where this all started. I have been googling to find similar and yet to find one. But regardless, America has a right to protect it's own. The recent riots are in the North, and that explains why this is a call for them to leave Northern Nigeria(if authentic).
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by skfa1: 3:04am On Dec 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I doubt this is real news considering the US is still locked in the current situation with the detroit bombing and figuring out where this all started. I have been googling to find similar and yet to find one. But regardless, America has a right to protect it's own. The recent riots are in the North, and that explains why this is a call for them to leave Northern Nigeria(if authentic).

So Nigerian dont know or have the right to protect its own ? Pls lets leave words jare.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by chiogo(f): 3:05am On Dec 30, 2009
And move to where? Are they going to be given American Visas?
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by 9ijaprince(m): 3:08am On Dec 30, 2009
stillwater:

Why are some of you vexed? Is it because it's America? If you have families in areas of instability, won't you advice they leave?

Tell them oo
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Horus(m): 3:09am On Dec 30, 2009
CIA and the FBI operatives will undertake a security tour of the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos to determine how Abdulmutallab left the country with a bomb sewn inside his underwear.

Yes this is a Fake news and a hoax. Do Nigeria need the CIA and the FBI?. Dont believe this hoax.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:09am On Dec 30, 2009
SEFAGO:

Hmm at least let them first be aware that people called the "igbo" live in nigeria.

Are you from outer space? You seem not to know that the Americans know more about Nigeria's internal issues even more than your sickly president.

Maybe perusing the following post civil war report will answer your question above.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/53862.pdf
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by skfa1: 3:12am On Dec 30, 2009
Im outta here angry

*Jumps the fence*
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Beaf: 3:13am On Dec 30, 2009
One thing is certain though. There must be a US build up for eventualities in Nigeria (Vision 2015 embarassed). It isn't in anybodys interest for conflict or serious unrest to break out in Nigeria; we are 140 million potential refugee's waiting to sink West and Central Africa with our influx.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 3:15am On Dec 30, 2009
Are you from outer space? You seem not to know that the Americans know more about Nigeria's internal issues even more than your sickly president.

This was a summary report. America keeps tabs on everyone. But it doesnt necessarily mean they care about you. Obama does not know igbo from fulani. Neither does Robert Gates or Condoleeza Rice during her tenure.
Re: Breaking News: America Orders Its Citizens To Leave Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Dec 30, 2009
skfa1:

So Nigerian dont know or have the right to protect its own ? Pls lets leave words jare.

How do we apply what you have above in the context of this discussion? The article claims America orders it's own citizens to leave Northern Nigeria for their protection and you come back asking me the above? Are you ok?

Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Turned-down Offer To Write Will / Photo Of Nigeria After 2015

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53