Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,272 members, 7,839,364 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (28199 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide / Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Owerri even rocks more than Port Harcourt not to talk of Enugu.

U can only compare owerri with smaller towns in it's category and not with gigantic cities like Enugu and PH.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abagworo(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
Adaowerri111:
This op must be sick, hotel 3k? No hotel is even 5 or 6k here, research before posting, quack hotels are at least 8k

The OP might be using 2011 eye not knowing everything has changed including luxurious life taking over from modest life. In the past people spent more in Port Harcourt clubs than Owerri but nowadays what I see is beyond Port Harcourt level.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abagworo(m): 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
byrron:

U can only compare owerri with smaller towns in it's category and not with gigantic cities like Enugu and PH.

Enugu and Port Harcourt are bigger but not gigantic. Maybe Lagos or Ibadan can be referred with that term.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by naijaboiy: 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
And Op forgot the HO's. cool
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abagworo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
As for me the major reason Owerri is one of the preferred destinations for this Easter holiday is because you can experience international standard relaxation at very affordable price. The city life of Owerri is amazing and Owerri is a very youthful city unlike other major cities. Young people in their 20s constitute a very high percentage of adult population. Foreigners have discovered the city and recent times international travelers in Nigeria don't seem to miss a stop over.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by erico2k2(m): 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
Opinionated:
Owerri is located in the heart of Igboland in Eastern Nigeria. It is the capital of Owerri and one of the most tourists friendly state in that part of the country. As Easter beckons on us, so many people will be searching for destinations to visit and getaway. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency recommend that you include Owerri to your Itinerary. We share reasons why you visit Owerri during Easter.

You can fly to Owerri as they have the Sam Mbakwe Airport which is about 14 miles (23 km) south of the city. That is if you do not want to go by road.

There is so much to do

You must have heard about the statue of Jesus Christ in Imo State. It was modelled like the statue of Jesus Christ in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. It is located at St. Aloysius Catholic Parish, Abajah and it has a height of 28ft. You can check out the statue. Besides the statue, you have the Oguta lake, Nekede Zoo, Owerri Amusement park, and Mbari Cultural and Arts Centre among others

It is inexpensive

You don’t need to break the bank to travel to Owerri. It is inexpensive to explore the many tourist attractions in the state. It is devoid of all the shenanigans of a typical city like Lagos. In fact, you can book a hotel for as low as 3,000. Wow!

Owerri is always animated during Easter

For Igbos who didn’t travel home in December, Easter is the only opportunity they have to go see his/her people. Hence, Owerri during Easter, Owerri is bubbly and lively and their hospitality and warmth won’t allow you to return to your abode.

Tasty Meals

The gastronomic endowments of Owerri are one of the best in South East Nigeria. You will salivate when they serve you the indigenous Ofe Owerri. This is the most widely eaten soup in Owerri and it is usually eaten alongside Akpu. Just ask a local to take you to the best restaurant in town for you to have a taste of this soup. You will lick your plate. In fact, without tasting this soup; your visit to Owerri is incomplete.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/4-reasons-visit-owerri-easter/

Damn this wack get power
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by millionaireman: 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
Owerri in overpopulation burst with everyday social vices can't be a true reveller's and enjoyment destination, unless for pimps and prostitutes.

Abia, Enugu, Delta, Rivers and Anambra states share borders with Imo state. All of them have two to more giant cities which their state governments provide social infrastructure.

In Imo, Owerri is groomed as only city. Other once developing cities are forced to depopulate in the last six years because governor provides for only the state capital, Owerri.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by arinze2015: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Enugu and Port Harcourt are bigger but not gigantic. Maybe Lagos or Ibadan can be referred with that term.
ibadan is only big for nothing 90% brown roof

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by millionaireman: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Owerri is a very youthful city unlike other major cities. Young people in their 20s constitute a very high percentage of adult population. Foreigners have discovered the city

What an advertisement for prostitution - young people in their 20s in Owerri.

People advertise their Disney-world like cities for holiday makers, you advertise Owerri with young people in their 20s for prostitution.

You are not Igbo,

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by tohpahz(f): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
Goahead:
Ofe Owerri is an illusive idiom, used to express how foods are expensive in Owerri. There's nothing like ofe Owerri, Imolites can attest to my humble submission.
There is ofe owerri

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

PH and Enugu are gigantic cities compared to one small hut called owerri with just wetheral Rd, Douglas, okigwe Rd, MCC Rd and world Bank as it's major components.

PH and Enugu are gigantic places when compared to owerri and this is fact based not illusions​.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Tobium1(m): 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ibari ogwa turn up!!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by muller101(m): 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
Owerri. Capital of owerri. Op its weed. But soon u will be ok
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Oxtonguy: 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
arinze2015:
ibadan is only big for nothing 90% brown roof
grin grin https://www.nairaland.com/3726850/top-10-hangout-fun-spots

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by mecussey(m): 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
jnrbayano:
How can you just leave out the most important reason (as bragged about by a good number of Owerri guys) eyes should turn to Owerri this Easter?

Arabanko!

...with girls/babes in the centre of it....

Dont mind the Op...he is just a visitor. I am certain him wan use this article convince him wife say na the reason him wan visit owerri. The main thing he is coming for is the arabanko...too much fine girls everywhere. Where u wan see hotel for 3k in Owerri...may be imo paradise. Op na joke ooo..incase if u don marry.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by championer: 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
fergie001:
Which Owerri?
The one dey kill people like fowl,
Abeg,u said Owerri is inexpensive?
In this period of Easter,we should keep our body and mind clean,pls

Now its 2 deadly,if kidnappers dont find you,armed robbers will find u,or ukwu nwanyi-owerri will send u to aladinma.
If u get car,get Maney,I mean maney,pipe low oooo,am tired of typing RIP

You have said it all.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by kikake: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
muller101:
Owerri. Capital of owerri. Op its weed. But soon u will be ok

Op did not weed. Imo state has almost been turned to Owerri state by greed and unsound leadership.

The five govt universities and polytechnics in Imo are in Owerri - the present governor wants to uproot the only project not in the state capital, IMSUTH, from Orlu to Owerri.

All federal Housing allocations in Imo state are built in Owerri.

All military and important Police establishments are in Owerri.

Owerri blocks any govt establishment going outside Owerri, because, they say it is the state capital.

Even state traffic officers can't be found outside Owerri even though they cluster at every roundabout in Owerri

The present state governor bought about 100 buses and forced all of them to ply only Owerri streets.

Only State Library is in Owerri. The present state governor demolished the state library in Owerri which was established by East Central State government, and built another in Owerri, money for demolition could have built five other lga state libraries.

Security: there could be 3 Securitry checkpoints every 10km of the major roads in Owerri, but once out of Owerri, you rarely see Security checkpoints

Only federal establishments can be found outside the Imo state capital.
Imo state is wrecked by successive leaders (worse are the present leaders) who do not understand the difference between a state and a state capital.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by muller101(m): 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
kikake:

Op did not weed. Imo state has almost been turned to Owerri state by greed and unsound leadership.

The five govt universities and polytechnics in Imo are in Owerri - the present governor wants to uproot the only project not in the state capital, IMSUTH, from Orlu to Owerri.

All federal Housing allocations in Imo state are built in Owerri.

All military and important Police establishments are in Owerri.

Owerri blocks any govt establishment going outside Owerri, because, they say it is the state capital.

Even state traffic officers can't be found outside Owerri even though they cluster at every roundabout in Owerri

The present state governor bought about 100 buses and forced all of them to ply only Owerri streets.

Only State Library is in Owerri. The present state governor demolished the state library in Owerri which was established by East Central State government, and built another in Owerri, money for demolition could have built five other lga state libraries.

Security: there could be 3 Securitry checkpoints every 10km of the major roads in Owerri, but once out of Owerri, you rarely see Security checkpoints

Only federal establishments can be found outside the Imo state capital.
Imo state is wrecked by successive leaders (worse are the present leaders) who do not understand the difference between a state and a state capital.
where is rochas from.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by kikake: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
histemple:

Owerri is the capital of OWERRI. Please who is the governor of OWERRI?

Rochas Anayo Ethelbert Okorocha.

Okorocha collects federal allocations of other 26 lgas of Imo, as well as collect allocations for Imo state, but uses the allocations to govern Owerri.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by kikake: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
muller101:
where is rochas from.

He is from Ideato South lga. But obsessed with building Owerri Mega City.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abagworo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
byrron:

PH and Enugu are gigantic cities compared to one small hut called owerri with just wetheral Rd, Douglas, okigwe Rd, MCC Rd and world Bank as it's major components.

PH and Enugu are gigantic places when compared to owerri and this is fact based not illusions​.

But Aba and Benin are way bigger than Enugu. Are they gigantic?

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abagworo(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
kikake:

Don't write what you don't know. Okorocha,'s hometown is a small London now and Orlu is as developed as Awka Anambra capital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wetin concern Anambra with this thread right now?

Ok let us say the bitter truth. Nnewi of today is at the same level with Owerri the capital of Imo state while Awka is at another level far beyond Owerri the only notable town in the entire Imo state.

Let us know when Owerri start looking like a city like Awka below.

[s]
Abagworo:

Don't write what you don't know. Okorocha,'s hometown is a small London now and Orlu is as developed as Awka Anambra capital.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
kikake:

Owerri is presently a mess. Don't mind what Abagworo posts to deceive the people.

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
This is culvert Okorocha built but he is calling it a tunnel. What a shame.

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abagworo(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
ruggedized1:

Ok let us say the bitter truth. Nnewi of today is at the same level with Owerri while Awka is at another level far beyond Owerri the only town in Imo state.

[s][/s]

Chino AKA byrron I targeted you obviously.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
You are not far from the truth, Owerri is a dead town filled with prostitutes, armed robbers, kidnappers etc. cheesy

metrosexual:
The only thing Owerri is known for its the rise of prostitution and cultism.

Especially prostitution, young and old are into it, you would be surprised to see a woman as old as your mum touching you and saying she wants to spend a night with you, I was shocked when I experienced this!

Then the young ladies are so into it too. The University students take it as a prerequisite course or something grin

The boom business in Owerri is building and owing hotels/motels and you should know why this is so.

For me, the place to be in Igboland is Enugu!

Perfect city! Affordable, clean place, nice road network, efficient inter-city transportation, well-planned city.

The first time I visited Enugu I was wowed! A 5k hotel in Enugu is up the standard of a 15K hotel in Abuja/Port Harcourt/Lagos.

And if your eyes love to see those fair and lovely skinned beautiful Igbo girls with natural beauty, you would see a lot of them in Enugu as well grin

Enugu still has lots of fun place to go to, I never knew they even had GAME stores in Enugu.

Enugu rocks! I would go there every weekend if I can!
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
You should know that I care less about your dead Imo state or Owerre the glorified state capital. I am the last person that will ever comment on your state thread without you first courting for trouble. Go and tell your useless governor to give Owerri a befitting look like below.

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2017
fergie001:
Which Owerri?
The one dey kill people like fowl,
Abeg,u said Owerri is inexpensive?
In this period of Easter,we should keep our body and mind clean,pls

Now its 2 deadly,if kidnappers dont find you,armed robbers will find u,or ukwu nwanyi-owerri will send u to aladinma.
If u get car,get Maney,I mean maney,pipe low oooo,am tired of typing RIP

The truth is bitter. Abagworo the grumpy old man, i hope you are reading people's feedbacks. Your propaganda is being trashed everyday. cheesy

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by jodeci(m): 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2017
ruggedized1:

Ok let us say the bitter truth. Nnewi of today is at the same level with Owerri while Awka is at another level far beyond Owerri the only town in Imo state.

[s][/s]

Don't mind the old papa,Abagworo,He can't even stand you head to head when you compare Imo and Anambra.U can Imagine the OKPO comparing Enugu to Benin and Aba in size.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
YeebosAreFools:
I should come to owerri so you Igbos that doesn't know anything than money ritual can kidnap me right?

I jump and and pass! Do something about your brothers pushing drugs to Indonesia for quick money overnight first!

- Owerri is known for prostitution

- Owerri is known for ritual killings

- Imo are know for drug trafficking

I am an Igbo but the truth be told, you are very correct with all you have written. Though I should not betray a fellow Igbo state but you have said the whole truth, we know all these truth but kept it away from the media for some reasons.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

You must be a certified clown for attributing that moniker to me.
You think i am of one your types that go on creating different accounts just to flaunt their stupidity right?

I have been on nairaland for solid 9 years and still counting with just one account and you are here writing from your anus.

Mods should please verify the quoted account from this clown and if it is found to be that his assertions are false and defamatory then the rules should be enforced right away for slander and fraudulent misrepresentations.

If you cant defend your assertions with superior logic, the honorable thing for you to do is to ignore your mention and move to issues you can confidently back up with facts and not to start peddling falsehood against ones personality which is not only petty but stupid as well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Car Away In Asaba, Tricycle Rider, Passengers Escape (video) / Apongbon Underbridge Lagos On Fire, Please Be Careful As you Plan Your Day / Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.