Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,664 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (28195 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide / Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter / 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2017
jodeci:

Don't mind the old papa,Abagworo,He can't even stand you head to head when you compare Imo and Anambra.U can Imagine the OKPO comparing Enugu to Benin and Aba in size.

Owerri is right now a dead town. If you want to visit Owerri then write your WILL. The town and entire Imo state is now a dead zone- armed robbers, kidnappers, prostitutes have taken over Owerre. The people are so poor that their women have resorted to prostitution while their men are armed robbers and kidnappers. 1/3rd of Imolites are resident in Anambra precisely Onitsha but there is no Anambran anywhere near Imo state.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by uchemelvin20004: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
Goahead:
Ofe Owerri is an illusive idiom, used to express how foods are expensive in Owerri. There's nothing like ofe Owerri, Imolites can attest to my humble submission.
Not true, Ofe OWERRI is one of the most expensive soups in Igbo land, it consists mainly of ugu leaf and okazi leaf with an array of protein from fish to meat and even snails, really a delight... The interesting part is that it's intended to be finished the same day it's cooked

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by abwich: 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
first of all, take all those criminal loafers off the street in the name of task force, before inviting guest because they will come with cars n would need parking spaces without harassment. abeg
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
djlaqua91:
Owerri - Almost all their Tertiary institution babes are into professional Runs shocked

The truth is that Imo state is filled with mainly poor indigenes and residents coupled with the fact that Okorocha has not paid civil servants for the past 10months. Owerri has always been the prostitution den of Nigeria. This picture was actually captured in Owerri

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Oxtonguy: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Don't write what you don't know. Okorocha,'s hometown is a small London now and Orlu is as developed as Awka Anambra capital.
People talk less about orlu, i can't comprehend why. Am so much impressed with the town when i was there for an occation almost like owerri only that owerri is more serene and look cool and less dense, small fund can make that place the economic capital of the state, it has the potential.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
millionaireman:
Owerri in overpopulation burst with everyday social vices can't be a true reveller's and enjoyment destination, unless for pimps and prostitutes.

Abia, Enugu, Delta, Rivers and Anambra states share borders with Imo state. All of them have two to more giant cities which their state governments provide social infrastructure.

The truth is very very bitter cheesy

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
berrystunn:
Hahaha

Pusssyy every, hotel every,

Drink and club.

Noting else.

If the world end today.... 95% in that city will go to hell fire...first, from there one by one to judgement

But 90 % will not make heaven.

Chai,,this one got me. Though you are very correct, again Owerre is cursed as Sodom, no development, no improvement but only in prostitution and brothels.

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by obaino860: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Enugu and Port Harcourt are bigger but not gigantic. Maybe Lagos or Ibadan can be referred with that term.

please, you guys should stop mentioning Ibadan....I just came back from that vinto Islamic village....I pray never to go back to that place again....
No beautiful girls...
They are very local..,God forbid..
Even the hotel I lodge,can not prepare a nice meal for me to eat...the cook is covering all her body including leg and hands, and smelling....God forbid

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2017
What is ofe Owerri? That nonsense. Have you gone to any Igbo occasion and see that nonsense? The core Igbo soup are mainly from Anambra and Enugu axis- bitter-leaf soup, egusi soup, oha soup, vegetable soup etc, these are core Igbo soup that you will find in a proper Igbo gathering and not that nonsense you mentioned.

[s]
uchemelvin20004:
Not true, Ofe OWERRI is one of the most expensive soups in Igbo land, it consists mainly of ugu leaf and okazi leaf with an array of protein from fish to meat and even snails, really a delight... The interesting part is that it's intended to be finished the same day it's cooked
[/s]
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Ezionye(f): 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2017
PaperLace:

Yes na, just because they have runs girls and all them Okey Japan and Nonso Malaysia _Owerri became overpriced overnight.

I hate spending my money, I love affordable things/cities. grin

Have u been to aba?

The op is talking bout where to spend a holiday not where to buy " affordable things" wink aba is not a holiday spot unless u have family there
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by uncletorino(m): 6:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
For owerri meals cost no be small although the environment is good and pleasing to the sight except from Douglass road..its fun there anyway
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Abagworo(m): 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
byrron:

You must be a certified clown for attributing that moniker to me.
You think i am of one your types that go on creating different accounts just to flaunt their stupidity right?

I have been on nairaland for solid 9 years and still counting with just one account and you are here writing from your anus.

Mods should please verify the quoted account from this clown and if it is found to be that his assertions are false and defamatory then the rules should be enforced right away for slander and fraudulent misrepresentations.

If you cant defend your assertions with superior logic, the honorable thing for you to do is to ignore your mention and move to issues you can confidently back up with facts and not to start peddling falsehood against ones personality which is not only petty but stupid as well.

You can equally check me out and know I've been here for nearly a decade. BTW I just realised you weren't the one but misquoted by me. His other moniker is metrosexual.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ezionye:

Have u been to aba?

The op is talking bout where to spend a holiday not where to buy " affordable things" wink aba is not a holiday spot unless u have family there
Aunty, so you don't buy things (spend money) while on holiday?

Maybe you missed OP's number 2 point, "it's inexpensive" _ you get my 'affordable' analogy now? Owerri is not my holiday spot, Owerri isn't inexpensive.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by UncutSk(m): 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Chimexis10:
Owerri is rubbish.
bigot
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by ruggedized1: 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hopeless frustrated old bastard, so you have realised now? The same way you shall realise that I am not interested in your useless worthless Imo state. I don't see Imo state as a place, the reason I don't reckon on it except when you cross the line. I hope you have quietly read the bitter feedbacks from people here. I know you are beginning to see that people are not fooled afterall. cheesy

[s]
Abagworo:

You can equally check me out and know I've been here for nearly a decade. BTW I just realised you weren't the one but misquoted by me. His other moniker is metrosexual.
[/s]
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by UncutSk(m): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2017
iamVirus:
No be the Owerri I dey so? No food & Salary here man!
chill bruh grin grin promote us outside naa pls
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by UncutSk(m): 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2017
berrystunn:
Hahaha

Pusssyy every, hotel every,

Drink and club.

Noting else.

If the world end today.... 95% in that city will go to hell fire...first, from there one by one to judgement

But 90 % will not make heaven. Bruh free me grin
grin
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by UncutSk(m): 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
PaperLace:
Owerri to do what? That overpriced city, selling every single thing at a high cost. I will choose Aba 100 times over Owerri. angry
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by UncutSk(m): 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
PaperLace:
Owerri to do what? That overpriced city, selling every single thing at a high cost. I will choose Aba 100 times over Owerri. angry
villager
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by UncutSk(m): 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
byrron:

U can only compare owerri with smaller towns in it's category and not with gigantic cities like Enugu and PH.
Enugu gigantic city undecided ok
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Eastwalk(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
obaino860:

please, you guys should stop mentioning Ibadan....I just came back from that vinto Islamic village....I pray never to go back to that place again....
No beautiful girls...
They are very local..,God forbid..
Even the hotel I lodge,can not prepare a nice meal for me to eat...the cook is covering all her body including leg and hands, and smelling....God forbid
Fabricating tales to suits his ego, no matter what you believe, Ibadan is a gigantic city with lots and lots of places to have fun explore this link, when a city offer varieties in a field it gigantic https://www.nairaland.com/3726850/top-10-hangout-fun-spots

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 10, 2017
UncutSk:

Yes when compared to small Owerri
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2017
Abagworo:

Thanks for the clarification and I do hereby withdraw my initial outburst.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Eastwalk(m): 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
byrron:

Yes when compared to small Owerri
UncutSk:
I really don't understand their definition of gigantic, Enugu landmass is 113 km2 while Owerri is 40.15mi2 which is approximately 100km2 when converted to km2 what's the bleeping difference between it

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by millionaireman: 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
Oxtonguy:
People talk less about orlu, i can't comprehend why. Am so much impressed with the town when i was there for an occation almost like owerri only that owerri is more serene and look cool and less dense, small fund can make that place the economic capital of the state, it has the potential.

In real terms, Orlu urban is larger than Owerri Municipal lga. Mbakwe admin pronounced Orlu the second industrial area of then Imo state after Aba.

Only thing is that the governor Okorocha who scored the earliest and highest number of votes in Orlu urban lga refused to pave the streets of Orlu, as well as refused to complete the urban drainage system of the town.

He expanded about 5km of Orlu urban roads, placed street lamps that stopped working soon after on some of the roads, then went to town that he made Orlu a city.

If Okorocha govt had paved 30% of Orlu urban roads, Imo state by now shall be having a second modern city. Worse, Okorocha allowed Orlu urban roads done by previous govts to wash away, no repairs.
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2017
byrron:

You must be a certified clown for attributing that moniker to me.
You think i am of one your types that go on creating different accounts just to flaunt their stupidity right?

I have been on nairaland for solid 9 years and still counting with just one account and you are here writing from your anus.

Mods should please verify the quoted account from this clown and if it is found to be that his assertions are false and defamatory then the rules should be enforced right away for slander and fraudulent misrepresentations.

If you cant defend your assertions with superior logic, the honorable thing for you to do is to ignore your mention and move to issues you can confidently back up with facts and not to start peddling falsehood against ones personality which is not only petty but stupid as well.

I hereby withdraw this comment after the clarification quoted below.

author=Abagworo post=55449380

Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Odunharry(m): 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2017
tohpahz:
There is ofe owerri
Ofe owerri u refused to give me
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by Ezionye(f): 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
PaperLace:

Aunty, so you don't buy things (spend money) while on holiday?

Maybe you missed OP's number 2 point, "it's inexpensive" _ you get my 'affordable' analogy now? Owerri is not my holiday spot, Owerri isn't inexpensive.

OK aunty
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by obaino860: 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2017
Eastwalk:
Fabricating tales to suits his ego, no matter what you believe, Ibadan is a gigantic city with lots and lots of places to have fun explore this link, when a city offer varieties in a field it gigantic https://www.nairaland.com/3726850/top-10-hangout-fun-spots

this same Lagos Ibadan express way..... sorry...
What can of fun do you catch there....
fun with those ugly looking smelling girl, covering head, leg and hand...no single club....God forbid, I can never step my leg back...
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by obaino860: 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
Eastwalk:
it is now I know the reason why yoruba boys want to marry Igbo girls by all means
Re: 4 Reasons To Visit Owerri This Easter by hollowway44: 8:04pm On Apr 10, 2017
Op, ayam not understanding. U mean I shud jux carry my load n go to owerri bcox of dis silly reasons?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Car Away In Asaba, Tricycle Rider, Passengers Escape (video) / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos / Apongbon Underbridge Lagos On Fire, Please Be Careful As you Plan Your Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.