Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand (67234 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / The Olorogun Title Of The Urhobo/isoko People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:46am On Apr 11, 2017
dragonking3:
I believe that you can get some of this villages in ondo state
They simply don't exist at all. Maybe people that live there, but villages? Not at all. It's only Ijaw, and they snuck in with time. Urhobo and Isoko village, very funny. OP, pls lie with caution.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:46am On Apr 11, 2017
NNAMDICE:

NO MY BRODA NO BE FIGHT,,NA JUST SAY UNA PEOPLE MOSTLY THE URHOBOS AND ISOKOS THEIR WOMAN TOO DEY UGLY AND DRY..NA DELSU I SCHOOL SO I KNOW MUCH ABOUT U GUYZ...E JUST BE LIKE SAY THEIR ANCESSTORS SLAP THEIR FACE....INSIDE 20 TYPICAL URHOBO AND ISOKO GIRLS NA ONLY TW0 U FIT
LOOK FOR FACE...SORRY ABEG NO VEX...

chai that is harsh o. if u see my sistas face.. yu go urge o
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 12:47am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

there are many urhobo communities in South West.. dem no dey loud am. Ikorodu is an area you'll find such communities

NA LIE BE DAT
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by paddyofboss(m): 12:48am On Apr 11, 2017
Efewestern:

when it comes to garri, give it to urhobo, you don eat eku garri before?

the Op is just proud of his land, I see no reason why you should say poo about him. it's really not nice..
oshare na so dem dey hate ooo...give d guy mop make e go mop udu river
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:48am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

there are many urhobo communities in South West.. dem no dey loud am. Ikorodu is an area you'll find such communities
Urhobo villages do not exist in the SW at all. Yes Urhobo people live in the SW like anyone else. But they do not have villages in the SW like the OP said. That is a big lie. By the way Ayo Makun is an Ondo Yoruba man raised in Warri.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:48am On Apr 11, 2017
siloXIX:

i guess you are from Ughelli

Why? Does my dialect sound Ughelli-ish?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 11, 2017
NNAMDICE:

NA LIE BE DAT

chai u see why i told you earlier yu speak from limited experience.. anyway my cousin is a model, a famus model in Nigeria sotechnically u don see one of my sisters.I'll keep her name abeg,i don too provoke for this thread,wld have given her name.. but not all sha, na those wey no comotfor area, u dig
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by AkinPhysicist: 12:49am On Apr 11, 2017
dragonking3:
You sef! Na you start the derailment of this thread.. See as una come spoil this beautiful thread now. It's not good, now you wan go sleep. Lialia, stay here and Kontinue

You are a funny guy. The thread is still beautiful. In fact, I made it more interesting.

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by paddyofboss(m): 12:50am On Apr 11, 2017
NNAMDICE:

NO MY BRODA NO BE FIGHT,,NA JUST SAY UNA PEOPLE MOSTLY THE URHOBOS AND ISOKOS THEIR WOMAN TOO DEY UGLY AND DRY..NA DELSU I SCHOOL SO I KNOW MUCH ABOUT U GUYZ...E JUST BE LIKE SAY THEIR ANCESSTORS SLAP THEIR FACE....INSIDE 20 TYPICAL URHOBO AND ISOKO GIRLS NA ONLY TW0 U FIT
LOOK FOR FACE...SORRY ABEG NO VEX...
OK bross I nor vex is just DAT "dem nor dey use brockus test jax' ..Our babes dem correct nor reason am
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 12:50am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

chai that is harsh o. if u see my sistas face.. yu go urge o

OKAY SORRY I NO KNOW SAY U BE FROM DAT SIDE...NO BE SAY I DEY HARSH.....{IN FALZ VOICE}
YOU KNOW SAY I DEY GO CHURCH,I NO DEY LIE...NA TRUE I TALK,,UNA WOMAN NO DEY FINE
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:51am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:
OP, why lie like this? Where is the Urhobo village in the SW? Na wa o. I have never come across one or heard of one.

Just because you haven't come across them doesn't mean they are not there.

Read this academic article to know more, then look for them again:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1159555

Title: Rural Migrants as Catalysts in Rural Development: The Urhobo in Ondo State, Nigeria
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

Urhobo villages do not exist in the SW at all. Yes Urhobo people live in the SW like anyone else. But they do not have villages in the SW like the OP said. That is a big lie. By the way Ayo Makun is an Ondo Yoruba man raised in Warri.

i knw ayo makun is a yoruba raised in Warri nah.. i mean there are little communities Urhobos live and dwell together as communicites, trust me, not even one city, i know of a few, i just stay away from their gatherings but i know of the one at Ikorodu, not oo large to form a village but communities, because of the culture/pattern of the Urhobos,they have a strong tendency to "leave", hence having them compact asvillages for long period can be next to impossible
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 11, 2017
NNAMDICE:

OKAY SORRY I NO KNOW SAY U BE FROM DAT SIDE...NO BE SAY I DEY HARSH.....{IN FALZ VOICE}
YOU KNOW SAY I DEY GO CHURCH,I NO DEY LIE...NA TRUE I TALK,,UNA WOMAN NO DEY FINE

yes alot i agree, to compensate for it, they've got their advantages, but not all o.. yu haven't seen very pretty urhobo ladies? what of the actress Vanetta Akpofure? Is she ugly ?

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:54am On Apr 11, 2017
fratermathy:

Just because you haven't come across them doesn't mean they are not there.

Read this academic article to know more, then look for them again:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1159555
Anyone can write anything. Urhobo and Isoko do not have villages or settlements anywhere in the SW. Make una no try am. We are already dealing with Ijaw that made their way into Ondo slowly and are now claiming Indigene. Make we know where everybody De if we decide to go back to regional government without some people making claims that don't exist. At most, they were part of the mid west. Urhobo and Isoko people are very different from Yoruba culturally and linguistically. It clearly states in your article that they are migrants. Like any other tribe in the SW.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by paddyofboss(m): 12:55am On Apr 11, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

angry This wuman go and feed ya children - men are talking..mechionu angry
Bross I sure say na soft work dem dey use ur sense do for aba.....free d babe she is correct..we nor want Biafra na force shuoo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 12:55am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

i knw ayo makun is a yoruba raised in Warri nah.. i mean there are little communities Urhobos live and dwell together as communicites, trust me, not even one city, i know of a few, i just stay away from their gatherings but i know of the one at Ikorodu, not oo large to form a village but communities, because of the culture/pattern of the Urhobos,they have a strong tendency to "leave", hence having them compact asvillages for long period can be next to impossible

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A LARGE NUMBER OF URHOBOS LIVING THERE,DEOS NOT MEAN THAT THEY THE OWNERS OF THE LAND,,THEY ARE JUST MIGRANTS...JUST AS YOU HAVE A YORUBA VILLAGE IN LONDON,,,
ITS A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE OF SAME TRIBE LIVING IN A GIVEN AREA...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by AkinPhysicist: 12:56am On Apr 11, 2017
grin grin grin grin Urhobo and Isoko villages in the SW grin grin grin grin

NLers will NOT kill me with laugh

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:57am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

That's normal in SW. But they don't have villages or settlements in SW. Even Hausa and Igbo don't have villages in SW and they have a much larger population than Urhobo's in the SW. So this OP is telling big lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 12:57am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

yes alot i agree, to compensate for it, they've got their advantages, but not all o.. yu haven't seen very pretty urhobo ladies? what of the actress Vanetta Akpofure? Is she ugly ?

THAT TALL SLIM LADY THAT HAS A GROUT ON HER CHICK?SHES SOME HOW UGLY..BUT POLISHED THOUGH
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

Anyone can write anything. Urhobo and Isoko do not have villages or settlements anywhere in the SW. Make una no try am. We are already dealing with Ijaw that made their way into Ondo slowly and are now claiming Indigene. Make we know where everybody De if we decide to go back to regional government without some people making claims that don't exist. At most, they were part of the mid west. Urhobo and Isoko people are very different from Yoruba culturally and linguistically. It clearly states in your article that they are migrants. Like any other tribe in the SW.

No one is claiming your land in SW, this is just an interactional piece simple, dnt take it more than it is. Obviously yu dnt know the Urhobos at all, that's what makes the clan distinct from other clans, it's uniqueness , identity and societal form of living, i can't provide insight, na for inside house, but if u think Urhobos are not much in the SW or oda parts of the country, you'll be shocked, it will shock you.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:58am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

This article is a peer-reviewed article in a reputable journal. It is not a Wikipedia article or a gibberish from any online source.

Urhobo-Isokos went to Ikale, Illaje, Oro, etc, at the height of the rubber, palm and cocoa trade and stayed together in closely-knit communities called Oko. Many of such exist till date.

I even have a friend called Opharhe who is from from. He is on Nairaland. I pray he comes here.

Urhobos have never claimed the South West as their territory. We are settlers there. So your argument is vain and baseless.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 11, 2017
NNAMDICE:

THAT TALL SLIM LADY THAT HAS A GROUT ON HER CHICK?SHES SOME HOW UGLY..BUT POLISHED THOUGH

lol guy if i kick you ehn, which lady on earth no get her own blemish ? is she pwety? yes or no
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 1:00am On Apr 11, 2017
fratermathy:

This article is a peer-reviewed article in a reputable journal. It is not a Wikipedia article or a gibberish from any online source.

Urhobo-Isokos went to Ikale, Illaje, Oro, etc, at the height of the rubber, palm and cocoa trade and stayed together in closely-knit communities called Oko. Many of such exist till date.

I even have a friend called Opharhe who is from from. He is on Nairaland. I pray he comes here.

Urhobos have never claimed the South West as their territory. We are settlers there. So your argument is vain and baseless.
Read OP's post. He says Urhobo and Isoko's have villages in SW. That is what I am talking about. He even mentions Lagos. This is how false stories become a reality in future generations and we have strangers fighting for something that does not exist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

That's normal in SW. But they don't have villages or settlements in SW. Even Hausa and Igbo don't have villages in SW and they have a much larger population than Urhobo's in the SW. So this OP is telling big lies.

Let me give you an example. My family has been in Lagos since 1967, we hardly go for clannish meetings, i've never gone, how kan u tell my identity if i dnt mention it? many are living in similar way, unless an occurrence occurs that requires people to come out by tries you wnt beleive the Urhobos are much in the SW, itwould shock you that there aren't less than 500,000... anyway kudos to the south west, me, there are communitites.. but the Urhobos do not technically leave in that communitys ense per se is what i want to express to yu, there's a way we staya nd migrate, if ur not from the part of the country, yu wnt know..
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 1:02am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

No one is claiming your land in SW, this is just an interactional piece simple, dnt take it more than it is. Obviously yu dnt know the Urhobos at all, that's what makes the clan distinct from other clans, it's uniqueness , identity and societal form of living, i can't provide insight, na for inside house, but if u think Urhobos are not much in the SW or oda parts of the country, you'll be shocked, it will shock you.
No one is saying they are not there. But they don't have villages in SW and do NOT come from SW, that is my point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 1:02am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

lol guy if i kick you ehn, which lady on earth no get her own blemish ? is she pwety? yes or no

OKAY SHE TRY SHA...BUT THAT BOI WEY ACT IGBUDU MONKEY...I HOPE SAY UNA DON THROW WEY THAT BOI
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 11, 2017
NNAMDICE:

OKAY SHE TRY SHA...BUT THAT BOI WEY ACT IGBUDU MONKEY...I HOPE SAY UNA DON THROW WEY THAT BOI
damn 1am una no go kill me. bye.. got lots of work 2mrw
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

No one is saying they are not there. But they don't have villages in SW and do NOT come from SW, that is my point.

of course,not fromthe SW, tis late bro, bye, got work daytime.. later
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 1:03am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

Let me give you an example. My family has been in Lagos since 1967, we hardly go for clannish meetings, i've never gone, how kan u tell my identity if i dnt mention it? many are living in similar way, unless an occurrence occurs that requires people to come out by tries you wnt beleive the Urhobos are much in the SW, itwould shock you that there aren't less than 500,000... anyway kudos to the south west, me, there are communitites.. but the Urhobos do not technically leave in that communitys ense per se is what i want to express to yu, there's a way we staya nd migrate, if ur not from the part of the country, yu wnt know..
So what? Igbo's are probably 10 times that population but do they have villages for Igbo's in SW? NO! Do Igbo's come from SW? NO. That is my point. I like Urhobo and Isoko people but OP lied on that point.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

So what? Igbo's are probably 10 times that population but do they have villages for Igbo's in SW? NO! Do Igbo's come from SW? NO. That is my point. I like Urhobo and Isoko people but OP lied on that point.

i struggle to find why ur angry with the op, the Urhobos or Isokos do not come from the SW o... if that exists anywhere then it's wrong..
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by NNAMDICE: 1:05am On Apr 11, 2017
baby124:

I AGREE WITH YOU....THEY ARE JUST SETTLERS IN THOSE PLACES BUT THEY KNOW THEIR ORIGIN...THEY ARE STRANGERS IN THE LAND...THERES NO WAY THEY CAN BEGIN TO CLAIM ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE PLACE
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 1:05am On Apr 11, 2017
amiablesystems:

i struggle to find why ur angry with the op, the Urhobos or Isokos do not come from the SW o... if that exists anywhere then it's wrong..
OP specifically wrote that in his songs of praise in the first page.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Builds New House 'Paraki White House' In Ife (Pics) / Different South African Tribes / Juju/black Magic In Nigeria - Blood Money And Spiritual Attacks

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.