Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,423 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand - Culture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand (66709 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / The Olorogun Title Of The Urhobo/isoko People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by UyiIredia(m): 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
fratermathy:

Urhobo is an Edoid language. Both Bini and Urhobo evolved from the same proto-Edoid language. There are similarities in the way we speak and write our languages. Personally, when someone is speaking Bini, I always feel drawn to it, as if I can understand it at some level even when I can't hear a word of it.

Same feeling I have with Urhobo/Isoko languages.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Efewestern: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
fratermathy:

Urhobo is an Edoid language. Both Bini and Urhobo evolved from the same proto-Edoid language. There are similarities in the way we speak and write our languages. Personally, when someone is speaking Bini, I always feel drawn to it, as if I can understand it at some level even when I can't hear a word of it.

If you actually pay attention you might be able to pick one or two from a Bini speaker, but I don't hear shii when those from Esan speak.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fero007: 8:24am On Mar 11, 2019
Efewestern:

If you actually pay attention you might be able to pick one or two from a Bini speaker, but I don't hear shii when those from Esan speak.

I have actually heard similar words btw esan and urhobo,

in urhobo/isoko you'll hear edo words, ijaw words, tsekiri words, igbo words, even some Portuguese words
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by YourNemesis: 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
fero007:

I have actually heard similar words btw esan and urhobo,

in urhobo/isoko you'll hear edo words, ijaw words, tsekiri words, igbo words, even some Portuguese words

That is interesting.

Examples pls.

Which external languages have the greateat influences on urhobo-Isoko in your opinion?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fero007: 12:44am On Mar 12, 2019
YourNemesis:

That is interesting.

Examples pls.

Which external languages have the greateat influences on urhobo-Isoko in your opinion?

in my opinion o, urhobo/isoko are more connected to the edo languages, next to the ijaw and igbo languages

however I personally ve not blived d story dat urhobo came from edo cuz i don't bliv language is the only factor that determines a tribe, there is so much diff btw urhobos and the edo currently, as the urhobo/isoko seem more (to me) lyk aboriginal niger deltans

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fero007: 12:50am On Mar 12, 2019
outside the topic I like to ask a question, the Jonathan chain usually added wen sewing 'senator' can it be regarded as part of an urhobo/isoko attire?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by jolo26(m): 8:22am On May 23, 2019
fratermathy:

What is wrong with you? All the groups I mentioned are constitutionally regarded as different groups.

If you don't like it, just leave the thread.

This is a thread for Urhobo-Isoko people and Warri brand. You really don't have to be here causing problems.
this Urhobo people are very funny!! They have ten local government, they won't talk about their home in those ten local government its only warri where they have five settlement and few population they always talk about this is why people always think Urhobo are from warri. Or is it that they are not proud of their home?
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by jolo26(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2019
YonkijiSappo:

Is Warri the Ijaw land in the map?
Infact anything with an Ijaw element should be Avoided. Those people can not inhabit a peaceful country anywhere. Not even in an Ijaw republic to themselves.
and who told u warri belong to the Ijaws? Even the supreme Court has long ban the Ijaws from taking any land case about warri to Court. Warri belong to the Itsekiri not ijaws
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Sinistami(m): 9:58am On May 23, 2019
jolo26:
and who told u warri belong to the Ijaws? Even the supreme Court has long ban the Ijaws from taking any land case about warri to Court. Warri belong to the Itsekiri not ijaws

And who told you he's Ijaw in the first place??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fero007: 5:53pm On May 23, 2019
jolo26:

Everyone has accepted that Warri is itsekiri/urhobo/ijaw land for sake of peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

When You Want To Get Married To An Igbo Girl(pic) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.