Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,996 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand (66867 Views)

The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos) / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa / The Olorogun Title Of The Urhobo/isoko People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:02am On Apr 12, 2017
fratermathy:

You were far too tribalistic to notice that the argument wasn't on whether Urhobo owned land in Ikale. WE DO NOT OWN ANY LAND THERE! We are migrant and setup transient migrant villages, at the approval of our landlords. These villages are away from central Yorubalands and comprised only by Urhobo people.

I like how you fool yourself though.
fratermathy:

This was never an argument. This has always been the case of someone educating an ignorant tribalistic chap who knows nothing.

Urhobos are very SMALL in the SW. That was never in doubt. We have small village settlements in the SW where we TEMPORARILY settle to do our palm nut business. Deal with it.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:03am On Apr 12, 2017
fratermathy:

Nothing is funny here whatsoever.

The villages are known as Oko and if Urhobos want to identify each from each, we use the name of the original settle. i.e. Okoefe, Okoiroro, Okoese, etc.

These "Okos" are NOT part of the local government structure of Yoruba country and are not indigenes!

You don't like them there? report them to OPC!
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:03am On Apr 12, 2017
^^^ Quoting my posts without pointing out any noticeable issue is quite childish and diversive of you.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:04am On Apr 12, 2017
^^^ These posts you quoted only serve to further reinforce my initial point the Urhobos have village settlements in Yorubaland.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:06am On Apr 12, 2017
daxlasaint:

I will stoop to your level and dirty my mouth, cos its people like you that give nl a bad name... Even an omo ale is better than you, at least most of them know where they come from even if not their fathers, you are the kind of child a family refuses to claim cos you bring shame on them, if at your age you cant intelligently express your view then maybe you should be sterilised to avoid the possible reoccurrence of future generations of child with your acute mental disability... Stupid worm from the bowels of a syphilitic weasel.

Dont even bother insulting him. I have never traded words with him.

For every time I emphasise the point that Urhobos have settlements in Yorubaland, it registers on Google search and can be relevant to future researchers, that's why I'm uploading some vital documents to defend that.

The argument was dead and I could have stopped it but I want to use him as a conduit and at the same time, make him make a fool of himself.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 12, 2017
fratermathy:

As usual, I would humour you.

1. I NEVER said Warri was an Urhobo settlement. The fact that you saw this confirms my doubts that you are nothing but an Igbo supremacist who sees only what he wants to see. Look at my words again and tell me where I implied Warri is an all-Urhobo settlement.

I have boldened cues that suggest to a truly OPEN MIND that Urhobos are not the only occupants of Warri. So which way?? Bigot!!!

2. Urhobo and Isokos, like I said in my initial post, ARE DIFFERENT ETHNIC GROUPS!!! I never called Isokos Urhobos. I only said we are one people and no Isoko has refuted that. Just to prove that you are an Igbo supremacist who sees only what he wants, I will again quote my original post:

So Smallfrancis419, which way you dey? We can have Hausa-Fulani but cannot have Urhobo-Isoko? Do we threaten the place of Igbo in the country? Tell me o. We can have Epie-Atissa, Bette-Bendi, but we cannot have Urhobo-Isoko? What a bigoted moderator!!!

3. Urhobo is the 5th largest ethnic group in Nigeria and I provided proof to my assertion and again, I will provide more proof for you:

So why are you trying so hard to undermine us? From a supposed detribalized mod, I can see tribalism and Igbotic ego massage.

6. No false information was spread. Ask for the sources of EVERYTHING I wrote and you will get them. Don't just assume that because Urhobos are not Igbos, everything here is false. That is Igbo supremacism!

7. Land grabbing? Like really? Have the Isokos ever complained about Urhobo before, anywhere? We are brothers, even though we go by different names. As for Baby124, I like his arguments, it makes me laugh. Yours too. It is common knowledge that Urhobos have settlements in the West. That doesn't make us indigenes of those places. We have also never claimed to be the ones to "develop" the areas as Igbos always say. How can Yorubas, the supposed 2nd largest tribe in Nigeria be threatened by Urhobos, who in your estimation are not even first 10? Your Urhobo hatred is stinking to high heavens!!

8. I never said Warri isn't derived from Iwerre or whatever. I said Urhobos occupy Warri as a homeland. Can you see that you are rewriting facts in your head? Just to humour you, kindly point ONE, just ONE instance where I said Itsekiris are not in Warri? You think the Warri ethnic crises was for fighting sake right? You can't just come online and take sides in a thread that is not about ownership of Warri and claim to be a detribalized mod. So full of hate!!!! *spits*

9. My opinions are authoritative because I did my homework well. If you want to deconstruct anything I say, bring your facts and let's brawl. So far, you have only tried to derail this thread to prove a point in your Igbotic and hate filled moderator brain that Urhobos are insignificant. Bad news to you is that we have heard the music many times and we only come out stronger.

10. I will continue calling you out because you are tribalized moderator. If you choose to ban me and hide my posts, I won't be surprised. I have never insulted anyone on this thread. All I did was to state facts that others can verify for themselves, including the fact that you are partial, tribalistic, emotional and unfit to be a moderator on Nairaland. You have broken the ethics of being a moderator by being trivial and tribalistic on a thread that has nothing to do with IGBO!

So go ahead and ban me. Use your power very well. Then, I would come with another account to say my facts and the circle will continue ad infinitum.
abeg free the mod ,e no get job ,this ur thread is the best thread have seen so far

4 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

How can you have a village without owning land? What happened to all your bragging about Oko's?

Meet of the the Urhobos from an "Oko" in Ikale speak:

Dr. Daniel Adjekpemevor prefers to be referred to as Urhobo-Ikale, rather being called a non-Ikale. He is someone who has been very proud of Ikale heritage having grown up and schooled in Ikale. The medical consultant always remembers Ikale with nostalgia and won the Ikale Pearl Award in the Ikale Awards held in Lagos in 2004 for his contributions to Ikale nationhood. We reproduce an interview we had with him several years ago by Ikale News. Excerpts:

Where were you born and who were your parents?
I was born in 1951 to the family of Mr and Mrs Otiti Adjekpemevor at Okerisa Village, near Ilutitun in the present Okitipupa local government area of Ondo State.

Can you tell us the time your parents came to Ikale and where they initially settled?
Well, I cannot quote the specific date. It should be in the early 1940s. It has been quite a long time.

** How would you assess the relationship between the Urhobos and Ikales as at today?
It is good. But it can be improved. I think there is need for more integration of Urhobos. After Ikale, Urhobo constitute the largest ethnic group in Ikaleland but how many of them have been appointed for instance Supervisory Councillor or may be a special position is reserved for them? I see the appointments made by the local governments and up till today, I don’t find an Urhobo even as Adviser. I think that area should be looked into. Urhobos should build houses or should not see themselves or be seen as strangers in a land they have lived in and contributed to its growth for over 100 years. The traditional ruler of Ikorodu personally gave me the site on which I built my hospital here. I have built my residential apartment also in this town. That is development. If it were Ikale, such encouragement is rare. And that is why many of them are returning to Delta. If Ikale show much love to them as Ikale forefathers did, they will still contribute a lot to the growth of Ikaleland. In fact, many of them have adopted Ikale and would want to live, die and be buried there. There has been inter-marriages and we speak each other’s languages fluently. We share a lot of characteristics.

http://ikalenews.com/news/33-many-of-our-people-have-died-of-ignorance-because-of-ayelela-dr-adjekpemevor

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:15am On Apr 12, 2017
stephenmorris:
abeg free the mod ,e no get job ,this ur thread is the best thread have seen so far

Na only tribal threads dem de see am put. All of them come here come flex muscles, dem nor know say na omotor de here grin grin grin

I ready die for them. Nor be only dem sabi make noise for nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:19am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

BOOK: MODERN URHOBO MIGRATIONS AND THE URHOBO DIASPORA
24. Migrating Cultural Performances: The Urhobo among the Ikale-Yoruba …………………………….. 475 Onigu Otite

25. Urhobos in Benin 1897-1945: Changing Patterns of Relations under Colonial Rule ……………. 483 Uyilawa Usuanlele

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ngbbNmltp5AJ:admin.africanbookscollective.com/books/history-of-the-urhobo-people-of-the-niger-delta/History%2520of%2520the%2520Urhobo%2520People%2520-%2520Contents.pdf/at_download/file+&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ng
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Okezenwa: 12:19am On Apr 12, 2017
hammerF:

Afonja, i tire 4 una Ooo! Waitin come be ur own 4 this matter? Is it becos nobody follow ur dirty Afonja women to shine teeth? twa! twe kelebe!

You dont even have any shame, no wonder you smell like poo while hawking your gala in traffic. Abia ugly man claiming Isoko, spits on your compressed head.

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:22am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

Urhobos in Ilesa, Osun State.

An Address of Welcome Presented to Chief T. E. A. Salubi, O.B.E.,
the President-General, Urhobo Progress Union and Member, Midwestern House of Assembly,
on the Occasion of His Maiden Official Visit to this Historic Town of Ilesha, Nigeria on Sunday 7th Day of June, 1964

Our dearly Beloved President,

It is with great delight that we the undersigned on behalf of ourselves and the entire members of Urhobo Progress Union in Ijeshaland welcome you to this historic town of Ilesha on the occasion of this your maiden official visit to us as one of your branches to be visited throughout our great country, Nigeria.

When we look back into your progressive activities and patriotic spirit for the development of our race-the Urhobo, we are proud to have a person of your category and calibre as our President-General. In this connection we have the pleasure to express our joy at your becoming an Honourable member of the first Legislature of our own Region, “THE MIDWESTERN HOUSE OF LEGISLATURE.”

We appreciate your efforts in reviving this our great Union which once was becoming weak and now you have brought it up on a proper footing and we are thus proud that the strength of our Union as it is at present can compare favourable with any other, such ethnic group of Union in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. You have done much to the progress of this Union few of which are:-

(1) The building of the Union Secretariat and its office;
(2) The raising of the Urhobo College to a dignified status and many other achievements.

Now our dear President, we feel we may seize this opportunity to speak to you as our father. Your exalted position as President-General is to us likened to that of Ovie of all Urhobos and consequently all Urhobos irrespective of class, creed or political opinions pledge our loyalty to you. We therefore beg of you to see that there is perfect unity among the Urhobos. Nowadays, it is an undoubted fact that politics are keeping friends asunder, and as such we are aware of the fact that it may be difficult for you to please all Urhobos, but remembering the adage of the greatest good for the greatest number, we feel that since you cling to and have your way with the majority, we could say that you achieved the best. Therefore, our President-General, Sir, the solidarity of the entire Urhobos is uppermost in our mind and this we know that with your ability tact, intelligence and sense of administration, you shall lead the Urhobos under one banner to the promised land and happiness and prosperity.

May the Almighty God give you the wisdom, tolerance and ability to carry out this onerous duty of solidarity amongst us all. AMEN.

Once again we welcome you to this town, Ilesha and we pray that the Almighty God may guard and guide your entourage and take you back home safely.

http://www.waado.org/organizations/UPU/president_general/1964_tour/welcome_addresses.htm
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 12, 2017
fratermathy:

Na only tribal threads dem de see am put. All of them come here come flex muscles, dem nor know say na omotor de here grin grin grin

I ready die for them. Nor be only dem sabi make noise for nairaland.
the funny thing is they think we the urhobos and isokos are minorities when in reality we are actually the fifth largest tribe in Nigeria after the ijaws .There is no difference between we the isokos and the urhobos we are one in everything it's only in the constitution we are different ,so don't allow this tribalists derail ur thread bro.
urhobo wadoo,isoko wadoo.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:25am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

Where does this prove Urhobo villages? None! Any group in Nigeria can claim the same. Your presence in a location does not mean you elbecome a village. Do you realize how small Urhobo numbers are compared to other ethnicities in the SW? I have even been arguing with an illiterate all along.

Urhobos in Ore, Ondo State:

URHOBO PROGRESS UNION,
ORE

5th June, 1964

A Welcome Address Presented to the Hon. T. E. A. Salubi, Member of the Midwestern House of Assembly and President-General , U.P.U

1. It is with pleasure that we have to welcome you and your entourage to ORE. We thank you very much for the precaution you have taken in touring the whole federation where Urhobos inhabit.

2. The Honourable T. E. A. SALUBI a faithful and famous President, we the entire Urhobo people are very grateful for your visit to any town where there is a Branch of the Urhobo Progress Union.

3. Ever since the foundation of the Urhobo Progress Union, today mark a symbol of price, Urhobo National price, to se and meet with “Ever President-General” of their Union in ORE, ONDO Province. It is a pride of the Urhobo Progress Union, and a sign of a faithful leadership to his people.

Sir, we hereby beg you to put before your honour and pray your positive help to achieve them where possible.

(a) That we the Units of Onishere, Ebijor, Ore and Agbabu want to have a Branch of its own. For we want to have a Branch in ONDO Province.
(b) That system should be made to check disbelievers of the U.P.U. who refuse to co-operate with the Union.
(c) That we the Mid-Westerner in the West should not be oppressed.

We beg to welcome you once more.

http://www.waado.org/organizations/UPU/president_general/1964_tour/welcome_addresses.htm
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 12:27am On Apr 12, 2017
Okezenwa:

You dont even have any shame, no wonder you smell like poo while hawking your gala in traffic. Abia ugly man claiming Isoko, spits on your compressed head.

Go and die... i am not a bitter mofo like u, wen u visit other culture u try to fit in with dem and be cordial. Igbo were once like dat with yoruba and hausa until we discover they are mindless animal. See the way cultural exchange dey pain u. Nna there is definately no rest for the wicked. Dont disturb my mention again.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:31am On Apr 12, 2017
stephenmorris:
the funny thing is they think we the urhobos and isokos are minorities when in reality we are actually the fifth largest tribe in Nigeria after the ijaws .There is no difference between we the isokos and the urhobos we are one in everything it's only in the constitution we are different ,so don't allow this tribalists derail ur thread bro.
urhobo wadoo,isoko wadoo.

They think because other Igboid groups are denying them everyday, that Isokos are denying Urhobos too. How silly of them! Some of them have never even been to Delta State to see things for themselves. Ekuogbe ri Urhobo vi Isoko garen!!!!

IDU and UPU are even trying to align interests now for the sake of unity and political strength. We know better.

On the issue of 5th largest, they see us as a rival to their imperialism in the South South. You know they frequently say they are the largest ethnic group in the South South cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin.

So instead of focusing on their run-away brothers, they are venting the annoyance on us. They think that has ever worked. We are the most populous ethnic group in Delta State and 5th in Nigeria. If they like, their own mathematics should take us to 1000th position, that is for their own useless ego. We know who we are and no IGBO person, dead or alive, can tell us otherwise.

It's so sad that they are spoiling the already fractured relationship between Urhobo and Igbo. Not that there was ever much of a friendship but now, the hatred they exude to us because we rejected their Biafra is enough for them to order an ethnic cleansing against us but Oghene balance for our side.

Dem think say dem fit drown us, dem nor know say we be fish!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:32am On Apr 12, 2017
hammerF:

Go and die... i am not a bitter mofo like u, wen u visit other culture u try to fit in with dem and be cordial. Igbo were once like dat with yoruba and hausa until we discover they are mindless animal. See the way cultural exchange dey pain u. Nna there is definately no rest for the wicked. Dont disturb my mention again.

Nwokem just ignore the guy.

Don't let anyone drag you to that level for any reason.

Keep up the good work.

We all know the troublemakers here.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by hammerF: 12:32am On Apr 12, 2017
If US AMBASSADOR CAN VISIT EBONYI DRESSED LIKE THIS, WAT IS THAT AFONJA CRYING ABOUT?

IF IGBO START THREAD NOW, U PEOPLE WILL TURN IT TO WAR FRONT.

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:38am On Apr 12, 2017
Smh. All minorities in SW have so many unions. So do Yoruba's who live all over Nigeria. My point from the start has been this village settlements, village and Oko you claim. I have never deviated from it. You obviously don't live in Nigeria or you will know everything you are quoting is a habit of all tribes not in their ancestral land.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:46am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:
Smh. All minorities in SW have so many unions. So do Yoruba's who live all over Nigeria. My point from the start has been this village settlements, village and Oko you claim. I have never deviated from it. You obviously don't live in Nigeria or you will know everything you are quoting is a habit of all tribes not in their ancestral land.

Only the last two posts made mention of UPU. Why didn't you react to the earlier ones? They don't project your vision?

Besides, UPU exist mainly in areas with a large swathe of Urhobos and UPUEXCO is accessed through a clan representative most of the times, so no clan, no UPU rep there.

Urhobo-Isokos have village settlements in Yorubaland, that remains my claim. I have expatiated this claim to say that the people occupying these villages are strangers and do not intend calling Yorubaland their homes. I have also taken pains to educate you that these people took permission from the aborigines of the farm villages they have settled on. They went there for the palm fruit trade and many have returned already. The few stubborn ones who are there will eventually return. They are not a threat to any Yoruba interest whatsoever.

The fact that you don't get this and keep beating around the bush to prove that Urhobo-Isoko village settlements do not exist in Ikale, Ilesa, Oro, etc, make you so ridiculous and fuels me to make sure this thread is filled with more proof for posterity sake.

I do hope you are not tired yet. I still have more sources to cite. I need you to provide me with motivation. Just start your next comment that these "Okos" do not exist and watch me throw more big bombs at you to reveal your mediocrity and failure at taking in a single point for more than 2 days.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Okezenwa: 12:51am On Apr 12, 2017
hammerF:

You are a disgrace to all gala sellers association. What cultural exchange? You just lied you are Isoko on this thread but switched to useless cultural exchange when exposed as a fraud and half-wit, many of your likes claim SS just to force your beefra on them, you really have no single shame. Pathetic cannibals, go eat your fellow human as usual and stop disgracing your loudmouthed and landgrabbing tribe here. Shameless nitwit.

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:51am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

Urhobos have NEVER claimed Yorubaland as their ancestral lands. All Urhobos originate from Udo, in Igodomigodo at the time of the Ogisos. Our current abode is Delta Central and Parts of Delta South Senatorial Districts. We have migrants communities in Bayelsa and Edo States. We also have faraway village settlements in Yorubaland, formed by MIGRANTS who went there for business and of which many have returned and more are expected.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 12:53am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

How about the Urhobos in Ijebu, Ogun State? Hear one of them speak:

In 1961 my father was transferred to Imodi near Ijebu Ode. I attended St. Mathew School there and because of my high pass marks, the teacher made me the monitor of the class. The fact that I am Urhobo did not prevent the teacher from making me the monitor. I remember the various time I was first position in the weekly test, the teacher gave me more than ten guavas while others had only one. The tribe I belonged to did not affect my being rewarded. One day the teacher asked us to go to a farm after school, I was a stranger nevertheless, I walked into the jungle of Imodi alone deep into the bush in the land of Alagemo until I came to a river where I decided to go back because I did not know how to continue, I walked back alone to the village without seeing anyone and at the gate of the village I saw eegun masquerade surrounded by children while the eegun sang “samona, samana “ the children answered “Baba Mimo samona mi” which means “be my path finder, be my path finder, Holy Father be my path finder”. Today, I knew that The Holy Father was my path finder who turned me back from crossing the river. I was not kidnapped; I did not end in the house of a so-called pastor like that found of recent in Lagos trafficking children. It was unthinkable in 1961 that children could be trafficked.

In 1963, we moved to Erin-Oke after my father resigned for being paid to preach saying “free you were given and free shall you give”. He founded a church where he preached freely in Urhobo to the Urhobo and Isoko that did not understand Yoruba. My father was born of a noble blood, his father with one hundred wives made sure he was not hungered, for this reason he had not known how to farm. So he looked at us his three children and said to himself, I want my children to be educated, so he decided to go into farming to provide for his family, immediately he took that decision, my mother the greatest of all wives supporting him, Ijesha people offered him cocoa farm, and my mother was offered land to plant cassava, between Ijesha, Urhobo, Nupe and Igbo people living at Erin-Oke my father was taught how to handle cutlass and farm cocoa. Today, we all his children are educated and before my mother and he died, they boasted of a seventeen room house at Oreropke to which I only contributed a thousand dollars for the roof in 1991 when I saw that he was too old to continue to farm. The house still need some touch but it shows how economically independent minded our people are and supports my call that all we need is to give them tools to make their works easier. Ise ni ogungun ise is a Yoruba saying the work is the only remedy to misery. Work is the only remedy against armed robbery. Our politicians must understand through this story that we have well embedded in Nigeria the tradition and customs of the people with the necessary mentality for progress. Importation of political ideologies foreign to Africa is responsible for the suffering of Africans today. The sociology of the Ijesha Kingdom could form a very solid base for designing an Afro-centric constitution for our country with a Federal touch for a Federated Republic of Nigeria. Our African sociology has all we need in foreign and internal affairs. We may only bring in points from outside where we think that our tradition does not provide. The Ijesha example is a sample of every tribe in the whole of Africa. An African Union will only be possible if we base its constitution on African values.

At Erin-Oke, the Urhobo worked mostly producing palm-oil a reason for which they lived in the bush until Saturdays to spend Sundays in the village. Six year old Urhobo child would carry his book at 6:00 a.m. and walked over the mountains, crossing rivers to and from school everyday without fear of being kidnapped. The support that my father received from both natives and strangers at Erin-Oke shows that our people are a progressive people and what we need is leadership that are from within the people.

Obadiah Oghoerore Alegbe
http://www.gamji.com/article4000/NEWS4444.htm
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by baby124: 12:55am On Apr 12, 2017
fratermathy:

Only the last two posts made mention of UPU. Why didn't you react to the earlier ones? They don't project your vision?

Besides, UPU exist mainly in areas with a large swathe of Urhobos and UPUEXCO is accessed through a clan representative most of the times, so no clan, no UPU rep there.

Urhobo-Isokos have village settlements in Yorubaland, that remains my claim. I have expatiated this claim to say that the people occupying these villages are strangers and do not intend calling Yorubaland their homes. I have also taken pains to educate you that these people took permission from the aborigines of the farm villages they have settled on. They went there for the palm fruit trade and many have returned already. The few stubborn ones who are there will eventually return. They are not a threat to any Yoruba interest whatsoever.

The fact that you don't get this and keep beating around the bush to prove that Urhobo-Isoko village settlements do not exist in Ikale, Ilesa, Oro, etc, make you so ridiculous and fuels me to make sure this thread is filled with more proof for posterity sake.

I do hope you are not tired yet. I still have more sources to cite. I need you to provide me with motivation. Just start you next comment that these "Okos" do not exist and watch me throw more big bombs at you to reveal your mediocrity and failure at taking in a single point for more than 2 days.
Throw all your bombs. None of them prove they exist so far. Urhobo's are no threat to anyone. But for posterity sake always speak what is right. Not everyone is ignorant. Urhobo's are not the only migrants in SW. They are all from all over Nigeria in equal or more numbers but they don't make the claims you make. I have proven my point here and definitely won't be coming back. Enjoy your thread.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 1:00am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

Throw all your bombs. None of them prove they exist so far. Urhobo's are no threat to anyone. But for posterity sake always speak what is right. Not everyone is ignorant. Urhobo's are not the only migrants in SW. They are all from all over Nigeria in equal or more numbers but they don't make the claims you make. I have proven my point here and definitely won't be coming back. Enjoy your thread.

You should come back. Your job has not even begun. I have supplied enough proof to show that my statement was premeditated and assertive.

Have you wondered why no one has joined you in your failed mission? No one even bordered to answer you? It was even an Igbo, for his selfish Igbocentric leanings, that was even encouraging you a little as if Igbos would have supported Yorubas on a normal day. Afterall, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, or so they say.

If you want to make any point, argue your case with authorities the way I have argued mine.

Once more, I put it to you that Urhobos have farming village settlements in Ilaje, Ilesa, Ikale, Ijebu, Oro, etc.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 1:02am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

So you know Urhobos are not a threat and yet here you are, with your Igbo brethren-in-hate masturbating all through the pages of this thread for a point that could have been made in passing.

You are so hate-filled. I'm glad I was able to use you as a shining example on this thread.

I challenge you to come back, let us brawl.

1 Like

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

Hear a High Chief of Lagos speak on the Urhobo initial occupation of Ajegunle:

In the last interview of this media held with the immediate past Chief OJORA of Lagos, High Chief Lawal Akapo (Blessed Memory) he told this media that the first tenants they had in Ajegunle were from the Urhobo tribe, that was between 1933 and 1934.

How he puts it; “Urhobos were those that first built houses in Ajegunle what affected them was their use of Bamboos for their buildings, thus, there were frequent fire outbreaks. And people were afraid to reside with them”.

http://thecommonersnewspaper.com/2016/08/15/alarm-dey-no-secondary-school-inside-ajegunle-by-jim-suleman/
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 1:09am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

I'm still waiting for your proof of the non-existence of Urhobo farming villages in Yorubaland. Here's another one from me:

The Urhobo, numbering about five million people, occupy mainly the western and northern fringes of the Niger Delta River of the present Delta State. Large pockets of Urhobo people also live in the contiguous states of Bayelsa and Edo, and have immigrant communities in many Yoruba-speaking areas such as Ife and Okitipupa

http://thepointernewsonline.com/?p=25584
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 1:13am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

More proof:

Urhobos also have settlements in Ore, Owo and Okitipupa in Ondo State, Ajegunle and other places in Lagos State, Oro in Kwara State, as well as other clusters across Nigeria.

http://urhobotoday.com/?p=19663
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Alexis11: 1:17am On Apr 12, 2017
undecided
baby124:

You must be a Yoruba indeed. If you are, then a dog must have eaten your placenta. Or you can't read? Maybe OP had edited his post but he did write that Urhobo's have villages in SW and Lagos. Is that true? If you say it's true then you are the OP. I don't chat back and forth with psychopaths.

Guy, have you heard of computer village before?

Does it mean that computers are indigenous to that area?

What is your own definition of a village

Your way of reasoning makes me sad

cry

2 Likes

Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by fratermathy(m): 1:20am On Apr 12, 2017
Alexis11:
undecided

Guy, have you heard of computer village before?

Does it mean that computers are indigenous to that area?

What is your own definition of a village

Your way of reasoning makes me sad.

Thank you!

He actively refuses to get the point I've been trying to make.

I've never claimed that Urhobos have lands in Yorubaland or that Urhobos are indigenous to those places. All I've been saying is that Urhobos have settlements there, settlements that were gotten from mutual understanding with the aborigines. These settlements were conceived to be temporary and not permanent and many of them are already returning home.

He just wants to spark a controversy and probably start an e-fight, which I have not given him the audience to do. Hence, he has resigned to being indignant on his blind claims which are in no way in tandem with my assertions.

He wanted to drag Yoruba into this matter and I am really happy that all the Yorubas snubbed him. He has no point to make. Some of them, including the Igbo mods that were here earlier on, are looking for minorities they will use in managing their frail egos.
Re: Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand by Alexis11: 1:41am On Apr 12, 2017
baby124:

[s]You are a fool and a liar. What makes it worse is that you are so arrogant with your lies. What the hell does Urhobo and Isoko having villages in the SW mean? You think the Yoruba's you meet online are what is on ground? Because they give you space to type rubbish you think you can go scot free by making such crazy claims. You are very stupid. You doubt my Yorubaness, I doubt you are a Nigerian because you have been saying absolute crap from page one. Idiot. You need to be saved from yourself because you are very stupid, and lack the ability to take correction. Go back and read your claims to which I quoted. How many times did you define village to justify what you meant or said? Now you are changing your mouth. Something is wrong with you[/s].

Come back to read all these trash again when you are ok I'm sure you will be disappointed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? / The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Yoruba Descendants In Brazil Cerebrate Obaluwaye Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.