Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 (24986 Views)

NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space / A Colossal Asteroid "Florence" Will Cruise By Earth Today, Visible To Human Eyes / Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by BreezyCB(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
Khd95:
But what if it collides with earthcryembarassed
lobatan
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Ikonz(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
April 19th Born...here we go!

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by guychidile: 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
But,can this be avoided..must it happen
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by nepapole(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
Idrismusty97:
I hope it change course and head straight to earth. Five times the distance between earth and moon? That's too damn far.
Me too.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by MrBONE2(m): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
May GREAT ONE prevent it from colliding with our world.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Zulu212: 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
Time to make peace with God oo.. undecided undecided
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by TINALETC3(f): 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
undecided
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Elder4sure(m): 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
O! Lord do us(Naija) a favour, let this object just land on Aso rock kpam! with bubu and his cabal inside, and all APC chieftain. Then Naija will once again become a better place. Pls grant us this simple request IJN...... Amen
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by successincentiv(m): 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Let's watch.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Esthefaith(f): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
and on my birthday... oops

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by nextstep(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2017
Khd95:

Eh.. just hope you're not in the region it hits grin
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by dingbang(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
I just want it to fall on the Senate building Abuja...

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Lilimax(f): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Super story

Believe anything a white man tells you at your own peril

That's how they enslaved us with the story of some imaginary God, Jesus Christ and religion

Nothing will fly anywhere
All I can tell you is enwe!!! grin embarassed
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Senorprinz(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
the asteroid should change it's course and move closer to earth so we geologists can take rock samples
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by noziz(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
story story
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Super story

That's how they enslaved us with the story of some imaginary God, Jesus Christ and religion

Oh yea! I can really see that you are Olajumoke indeed. Your reasoning says so. You are the smartest kid..... ever liveth.

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by LewsTherin: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
Khd95:

It won't. It is 5 times further away from us than the moon is. And the moon is over 300,000 miles away. To help put things in perspective, New York is 5,200 miles from Lagos. The asteroid is the size of a sky scrapper. Work it out from there.

Although if conditions are just perfect, earth's gravity can make a change in the asteroid's trajectory bringing it closer to earth the next time round. Close enough for us to need Bruce Willis and the rest of the Armageddon crew!!
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by OlajumokeBread(f): 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lilimax:

All I cam tell you is enwe!!! grin embarassed

Iru efi

Agú g'egbu gi

Nkita ofia

Ihe ichoro bu amu i'ga ara
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by QuietHammer(m): 4:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Super story

Get a telescope ready for the date. Stop displaying your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Lilimax(f): 4:42pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Iru efi

Agú g'egbu gi

Nkita ofia

Ihe ichoro bu amu i'ga ara
Chai, so this man understood me shocked
Back to sender: Na you ka aguu ga-egbu! embarassed
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by hazyfm1: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2017
grin grin
mikkypel:
Thank God I will be in Jupiter then
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by dynicks(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2017
soberdrunk:
As a Nigerian things like "Asteroid", "satellites" and other "intergalactic issues" is the least of our problems, we have too many things to worry about already, all the things we have survived in this country is too much for us to start fearing one oversized rock that is millions of miles away....... angry

lol....u funny..
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by lailo: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
Scientists and America have a way of saying they know about creature but una no dey dia when God dey create am.God that can disappoint u and nothing will fly come that day.
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by michoim(m): 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Super story

So you are an atheist or something? Believing in God and Jesus Christ is a personal experience. It works and is working. You will enjoy a personal working relationship with him.There can't be deception there.

1 Like

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Dee60: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Super story

I pray that God will open your eyes to the truth, brother. God is real and alive. His hand has been keeping the asteroids away, just because He wants the people of this sinful world to reconcile with Him and be saved from destruction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by OlajumokeBread(f): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
Lilimax:

Chai, so this man understood me shocked
Back to sender: Na you ka aguu ga-egbu! embarassed

Obere uche

Achoro m irunye gi aka n'ike nsi gi

Uturu gbapia gi anya
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by missrock(f): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Elder4sure:
O! Lord do us(Naija) a favour, let this object just land on Aso rock kpam! with bubu and his cabal inside, and all APC chieftain. Then Naija will once again become a better place. Pls grant us this simple request IJN...... Amen

it will destroy the whole country
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by OlajumokeBread(f): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Dee60:

I pray that God will open your eyes to the truth, brother. God is real and alive. His hand has been keeping the asteroids away, just because He wants the people of this sinful world to reconcile with Him and be saved from destruction.

God is a scam

Jesus is a scam

Religion is a scam
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Lilimax(f): 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Obere uche

Achoro m irunye gi aka n'ike nsi gi

Uturu gbapia gi anya
Oya keep barking!!!
Don't stop... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by jaymejate: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
Wow! That's my birthday

Hope it's a sign
Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Super story

You need help. Opko

3 Likes

Re: Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

Super story

Words of wiz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Triketor: Mini-Tractor Designed And Built In Nigeria / Wind Turbine Construction With Pics / Astronomers Discover Non-Habitable Earth-Sized 'Pi Planet' With A 3.14-Day Orbit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.