Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,382 members, 7,850,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon (2230 Views)

We Why Failed To Honour Reps Summon Last Friday - Defence Chief / Reps Summon Adeosun Over N17 Billion ‘office Equipment’ Contract Scam / Reps Summon Magu, Emefiele, Peterside, Over Alleged Stolen $17bn Oil Proceeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
By TonyeBarcanista

Without saying much, I consider the invitation extended to former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear before a ad-hoc Committee on Malibu Oil Scandal as reckless, irresponsible, unfortunate and insult on both our collective responsibility and the person of Jonathan.

I am no fan of the former President, my position is premise on the fact that the House lack the moral right to invite the former President or any other person to investigate any allegation of corruption.

This is a House that suspended one of it's members and co-budget "padder" for summoning the courage to expose their fraud with respect to the 2016 budget. This is a House that has so many corruption case hanging on them without taking any holistic action to address them. They are morally bankrupt and lack any legitimacy of a sincere umpire. He that is to equity must come with clean hands.

If they have anything against anybody they should go to a court of competent jurisdiction through the office of Attorney-Genedal or any of the anti-graft agencies. The National Assembly is not a court and they will never be one.

Beside, no former leader or deputy of this country have been summoned or invited by the National Assembly at any time since the amalgamation in 1914 and despite the so many corruption scandals that we have seen in this country. Jonathan or even Buhari(when he leaves office) should not be the first.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Shared on Palmchat

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by LionDeLeo: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2017
Same creatures that opposed prof sagay will quickly support this. Smh.

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by walemoney007(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
i concur bro,let him ignore them...foolish members
let them first summon abdulsalam,an army general and ask him how he got his wealth,how can an army general be as rich as abdulsalam,they should not also forget T.Y danjuma,tinubu etc
tinubu should also be summoned and ask how he got his wealth

yeye dey smell

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Same creatures that opposed prof sagay are will quickly support this. Smh.
Wetin concern me with Sagay?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by LionDeLeo: 9:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Wetin concern me with Sagay?

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by hinwazaka: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
No, i totally disagree. The house of representatives is a representation of the people. Irrespective of the various scandals and shenanigans that has bogged down the senate, they are still the voice of the people. And the people say that Jonathan has a case to answer. So jonathan should act like a statesman and go to the house to answer to the people

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
walemoney007:
Let them first deal with their budget padding
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by sarrki(m): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
The house of criminals don't have the integrity to invite him

They lack that moral grounds

Gej is far far better than them

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
sarrki:
The house of criminals don't have the integrity to invite him

They lack that moral grounds

Gej is far far better than them
I'm glad this is coming from you. A House of Budget padding lack the moral ground to invite or investigate anybody on alleged corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
hinwazaka:
No, i totally disagree. The house of representatives is a representation of the people. Irrespective of the various scandals and shenanigans that has bogged down the senate, they are still the voice of the people. And the people say that Jonathan has a case to answer. So jonathan should act like a statesman and go to the house to answer to the people
Ghe House is not representing the people but themselves. If anybody has case to answer that bothers on corruption or abuse of office he should be taken to court and not the chambers of the parliament. The House don't have the power to confer/slam punishment on any alleged offender nor possess the power to declare anyone guilty. That privilege expressly lies with the court.

This shenanigans by the House is the height of irresponsibility and highly diversionary to excite gullible Nigerians while they toil with our destiny.

Jonathan appearing before them is the height of embarrassing his own self.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by engineerboat(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Who is Prof Sagay

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by madridguy(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2017
GEJ should just ignore the rogues. Shikena
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by realborn(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
I completely disagree with the reasons you have stated. undecided sad

From your posit, the Police also has no reason to enforce the law nor arrest anyone because the general disposition is that most of the officers are corrupt.

The courts will also have no business addressing and deciding cases because there are alleged cases of graft.

Yes the House of Reps may not be a court, however, it has a responsibility within the tenets of the constitution to carry out its obligations accordingly. Last time I checked, other than taking disciplinary actions against its own members (perhaps right or wrong), the HoR has not convicted anyone.

The fact that no ex-President has been summoned does not imply that it is appropriate if pertinent.

If Mr Jonathan is clean, he should graciously honor any invitation extended to him. This is the most reasonable thing to do.

We can't aspire to be leaders and openly promote impunity.

Stay objective Tonye. It is the only surefire way to excel in life.

My 2 cents!
angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by ConqueredWest: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2017
Why Jonathan

What of OBJ and the $16b he stole through the power sector
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by kollynxofodile(m): 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
I am a PDP supporter and also a fan of GEJ

But I totally disagree with u

Our Legislative ARM of government is an institution that should b.
Respected by all and sundry

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by engineerboat(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
This people are not serious walahi.

Can you see them.

The proposed summons of Jonathan is sequel to a report which alleged that he probably received as much as $200 million to approve the controversial $1.3 billion sale of OPL 245 oil field
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by engineerboat(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
And the House Committee madness continue

The claim that Jonathan probably received as much as $200 million in the deal was also repeated by the Russian in a follow-up interview with Italian prosecutors, led by Fabio De Pasquale in Milan.

“I said that if it’s true, that he paid, he had to pay 400 million, I assume that at least 200 went to Goodluck (Jonathan).”

“I heard from Chief (Etete), he claims that he had to pay 400 million, so, if this is true, if he paid 400 million, then most probably the President, as the biggest boss, took at least the half of it,” documents prepared by Italian prosecutors quoted
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by LionDeLeo: 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
engineerboat:

Who is Prof Sagay

Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC)

http://independent.ng/you-have-no-power-to-summon-me-sagay-tells-senate/
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Funlordmaniac(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Without saying much, I consider the invitation extended to former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear before a ad-hoc Committee on Malibu Oil Scandal as reckless, irresponsible, unfortunate and insult on both our collective responsibility and the person of Jonathan.

I am no fan of the former President, my position is premise on the fact that the House lack the moral right to invite the former President or any other person to investigate any allegation of corruption.

This is a House that suspended one of it's members and co-budget "padder" for summoning the courage to expose their fraud with respect to the 2016 budget. This is a House that has so many corruption case hanging on them without taking any holistic action to address them. They are morally bankrupt and lack any legitimacy of a sincere umpire. He that is to equity must come with clean hands.

If they have anything against anybody they should go to a court of competent jurisdiction through the office of Attorney-Genedal or any of the anti-graft agencies. The National Assembly is not a court and they will never be one.

Beside, no former leader or deputy of this country have been summoned or invited by the National Assembly at any time since the amalgamation in 1914 and despite the so many corruption scandals that we have seen in this country. Jonathan or even Buhari(when he leaves office) should not be the first.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Dem go soon invite you sef! Keep wailing!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Dem go soon invite you sef! Keep wailing!
Na ignore I go ignore them

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
If the House of Rep summons GEJ, they should do the same to OBJ to explain about the money spent for power projects during his time.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
realborn:
I completely disagree with the reasons you have stated. undecided sad

From your posit, the Police also has no reason to enforce the law nor arrest anyone because the general disposition is that most of the officers are corrupt.

The courts will also have no business addressing and deciding cases because there are alleged cases of graft.

Yes the House of Reps may not be a court, however, it has a responsibility within the tenets of the constitution to carry out its obligations accordingly. Last time I checked, other than taking disciplinary actions against its own members (perhaps right or wrong), the HoR has not convicted anyone.

The fact that no ex-President has been summoned does not imply that it is appropriate if pertinent.

If Mr Jonathan is clean, he should graciously honor any invitation extended to him. This is the most reasonable thing to do.

We can't aspire to be leaders and openly promote impunity.

Stay objective Tonye. It is the only surefire way to excel in life.

My 2 cents!
angry

NJC usually carry out disciplinary action on erring and indicted members of the bench, Police equally have internal disciplinary mechanism. However, the police is a prosecuting authority, the HoR is NOT.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
If the House of Rep summons GEJ, they should do the same to OBJ to explain about the money spent for power projects during his time.
Obj no go even answer them
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by princechurchill(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
Osibanjo said we never recover from avengers season 1, na season 2 wey de wan give us ahhhh

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by slivertongue: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
calm down Tonye.
Even if the house of CADS invites him it is incumbent on him to honour it or send a representative. will never have Saints as leaders, we will have some good, bad and ugly
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Eazybay(m): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Same creatures who said Magu can carry on without confirmation and Hameed Ali can go ahead without d Senate. I mean same ppl who said we should scrap, UnCloth, collapse and disband NASS would soon congregate to oppose dis opinion and hail d legislators as corruption fighters grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by goonsmi: 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
As if the ineffectual Buffon is above the law.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
This reps no go just kee person....

Have they summon Bubu finish before summoning our role model
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
slivertongue:
calm down Tonye.
Even if the house of CADS invites him it is incumbent on him to honour it or send a representative. will never have Saints as leaders, we will have some good, bad and ugly
They don't have the moral legitimacy
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Jesusloveyou: 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
walemoney007:
let them first summon abdulsalam,an army general and ask him how he got his wealth,how can an army general be as rich as abdulsalam,they should not also forget T.Y danjuma,tinubu etc
tinubu should also be summoned and ask how he got his wealth

yeye dey smell
since their yeye dey smell, so nobody should invite anybody, and the present cannot invite the past and the past cannot honour the present.
You see how your yeye dey smell reach my nose

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by LionDeLeo: 11:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
Eazybay:

Same creatures who said Magu can carry on without confirmation and Hameed Ali can go ahead without d Senate. I mean same ppl who said we should scrap, UnCloth, collapse and disband NASS would soon congregate to oppose dis opinion and hail d legislators as corruption fighters grin grin grin

One of them. grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Ignore Reps Summon by Jesusloveyou: 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
They don't have the moral legitimacy
they is no morality in law. If not, why wil a corrupt judge, judge a case.
Why wil a corrupt executive prosecute the legislators and the judge
That means nobody can judge another.
Even buhari, according to you,lack moral to investigate the past leaders, the judiciary and the legislators.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Rain Insults At Bukola Saraki In Late Sen. Adeleke's House (video) / Historical Perspective Of Hatred Between Yoruba And Igbo / Atiku Spokes person Goofed On Channels Television Big Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.