Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

"Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli (21622 Views)

EFCC: Rivers Officials Withdrew ₦118 Billion In Cash / 2019: Why Patience Jonathan Will Be Happiest If PDP Wins – Presidency / Patience Jonathan Leaving Skye Bank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Islie: 6:47am On Apr 12, 2017
By John Chuks Azu

Former First Lady, Patience Jonathan yesterday explained that she withdrew $100,000 from her unblocked Skye Bank account for medical treatment.

Speaking through her solicitor, Barrister Charles Ogboli, the former first lady, said she never wanted to withdraw all the money, but just to ensure compliance to the order of court.

“She wanted to withdraw $5 million on Friday but unfortunately there was no funds and they (the bank) pleaded with her that she can withdraw $100,000 in order to comply with the order of court. They have complied fully with the order of court,” he said.

“Therefore the Notice of Appeal (by the EFCC) came late. The Notice and Stay of Execution is a mere application. And we are talking of court order. Appeal has not been entered yet; records have not been transferred from the lower court to the Court of Appeal. In the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, by mere fact that you have an appeal against a proceeding, it does not stop the trial from going on. That was what they were acting upon.

“Unfortunately for them, the order has been executed. Even when you move the motion it is an exercise in futility. So we are going to court to respond to whatever they filed. The issue is that she went to the bank and applied and account was debited with $100,000. There were no challenges as to withdrawal from her account. She was not in any pressure to withdraw all the money, after all the money was there. But this is just for her medical treatment and all that.”

“I wonder why some print media will be publishing things that are not within their knowledge or facts. Mrs Jonathan is a law-abiding citizens and she has not done anything which is ultra vires to the laws of the land,” he added.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-i-withdrew-cash-from-my-account-patience-jonathan/193198.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by kingphilip(m): 6:48am On Apr 12, 2017
Wharis my business whether you withdraw your money or not..

Some people will surely get heart attack for this but not me

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by kogistar: 6:49am On Apr 12, 2017
is she a thief?

5 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Udodasco1(m): 6:50am On Apr 12, 2017
Madam. U can withdraw its your money

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by ogashman(m): 6:52am On Apr 12, 2017
has she proven how she made all the money?

4 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Kingsley1000(m): 6:55am On Apr 12, 2017
stolen money,in a sane society like China,Singapore or japan you would have been dead by hanging ........fg should confiscate that money to rehabilitate our se/ss dilapidated roads

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Kingsley1000(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2017
Udodasco1:
Madam. U can withdraw its your money
People still celebrate corruption even as everyone is
suffering for what it has caused Nigeria is messed up! #
NohopeforNigeria again, i give up

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by veinless(f): 6:57am On Apr 12, 2017
see how they are mentioning dollars as if its naira , '000,000 dollars shocked ......My Dear God ,pls make a way for me

6 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by omenkaLives(m): 6:57am On Apr 12, 2017
Miss this woman's drama. cheesy
Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by nNEOo(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2017
Mama it is your money unless proved otherwise

6 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Florblu(f): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2017
$5million for medical treatment?
Even the woman with the issue of blood did not need that huge sum of money to become whole
Is she suffering from leprosy?
God bless Nigeria

33 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by infohenry(m): 7:03am On Apr 12, 2017
Madam, go back today. They will have all the money. Keep on dis gracing your husband, must the whole world hear that you withdrew money from the account.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Kingsley1000(m): 7:06am On Apr 12, 2017
21million dollars is equivalent to 10500000000naira with the current exchange rate...the question 'm asking is "how did she acquire such huge among of money?she hasnt held any prominent office,what was her remuneration and occupation ?it's now ostensible that the money was stolen

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Ogalanyachieze: 7:25am On Apr 12, 2017
Idiots will soon arrive to query her on why she should spend her money on her health not minding that buhari spent thier money on his own health

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:32am On Apr 12, 2017
Right now playing felas...."you be thief, I no be thief! You be robber, I no be robber, you be armed robber!"
Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by TPAND(f): 7:32am On Apr 12, 2017
Sai Mama...

2 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by ijustdey: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2017
let them continue....... one day, everything will be revealed
Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by serverconnect(m): 7:37am On Apr 12, 2017
The money belongs to you.

2 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by TPAND(f): 7:41am On Apr 12, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
Idiots will soon arrive to query her on why she should spend her money on her health not minding that buhari spent thier money on his own health
No mind them. Buhari has not been corrupt but he has been gallivanting the U.K.on medical tourism. He even told us he owe us no obligation to disclose how much he has spent so far on his health

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by babyfaceafrica: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2017
This is super story

1 Like

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by WorldRichest: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2017
She wanted to withdraw $5 million over the counter. Mr Barrister, can you now see that the thunder that will fire you is the same one that fired DSP Alamieyeseigha to early grave? CONTINUE!!

8 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Sweetnik22(f): 7:52am On Apr 12, 2017
Buharist was sick before he came to power so he used that golden opportunity treat his expensive illment with Nigerian money so maybe he should disclose hw much he has spent already undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by sakalisis(m): 7:58am On Apr 12, 2017
Bleep that shit reason

1 Like

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by temmypotter(m): 7:58am On Apr 12, 2017
100,000 dollars for treatment? is the hospital in heaven?!

And some grown up adults spent weeks in one nonsense house showing the world nudity and stupidity to win half of what some one is using for treatment?

Chineke God!

1 Like

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by gudnex22(m): 7:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Hmmmmm keep withdrawing deris GOD
Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Pavore9: 8:00am On Apr 12, 2017
Hian! Even if she withdrew $1, is she going to give me a cent from it? angry
Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by Cyriloha(m): 8:00am On Apr 12, 2017
I love that woman she no send at all

Just respecting herself and the constitution

4 Likes

Re: "Why Patience Jonathan Withdrew Cash From Skye Bank" - Barrister Charles Ogboli by adedayoa2(f): 8:01am On Apr 12, 2017
TPAND:
No mind them. Buhari has not been corrupt but he has been gallivanting the U.K.on medical tourism. He even told us he owe us no obligation to disclose how much he has spent so far on his health
let the corruption continue, our children future. Chai!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Order Banks To Unfreeze Patience Jonathan's Accounts / Aisha Wakil: I Stopped The Bombing A Church On Christmas Eve — Mama Boko Haram / Reno Omokri And His Lookalike Son Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.