Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

We’ll Do Anything To Secure Release Of Remaining Chibok Girls -buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Do Anything To Secure Release Of Remaining Chibok Girls -buhari (316 Views)

Ramatu Aliyu Donates May Salary To Secure Release Of 5 Inmates / We’ve Adopted ‘negotiation Option’ For Dapchi, Chibok Girls –buhari / We’ll Secure Release Of All Abducted Persons – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1)

We’ll Do Anything To Secure Release Of Remaining Chibok Girls -buhari by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said his administration was ready to do everything within its reach to secure the release of the remaining girls kidnapped from their school in Chibok, Borno State on Apri 14, 2014.While saying the Federal Government had reached out to their captors through intermediaries, the President said his administration was willing to bend backwards to ensure their safe return.Buhari made the promise in a message to mark the third anniversary of the abduction carried out by members of the Islamic sect, Boko Haram.The message which he personally signed was made available to journalists by the Presidency’s media office.He said his administration had had reason to celebrate the return of 24of them and thousands of other Nigerians who were forcibly abducted by the terrorists.He said being a parent himself, he was grateful to God that some of the girls were found alive and have been reunited with their families.The President said, “Government is doing all within its powers to reintegrate the freed girls to normallife. Furthermore, Government is in constant touch through negotiations, through local intelligence to secure the release ofthe remaining girls and other abducted persons unharmed.“My special appreciation goes to the parents and families that have endured three years of agony and waiting for the return of their children. I feel what you feel. Your children are my children.“On this solemn occasion, my appeal is that we must not lose hope on the return of our remainingschoolgirls.“Our intelligence and security forces, who have aptly demonstrated their competence, are very much equal to the task andabsolutely committed to the effortsto find and return the schoolgirls and others abducted by Boko Haram.“I also thank Lake Chad Basin countries, friendly nations and international partners, who at various points in the last three years have offered their support forNigeria.“Like I have repeatedly said, the Federal Government is willing to bend over backwards to secure the release of the remaining Chibok girls. We have reached out to their captors, through local and international intermediaries, and weare ever ready to do everything within our means to ensure the saferelease of all the girls.“I wish to reassure the parents of the Chibok girls, all well-meaning Nigerians, organisations and the international community that as a government, we are unrelenting on the issue of the safe return of our children.
http://punchng.com/well-do-anything-to-secure-release-of-remaining-chibok-girls-buhari/
Re: We’ll Do Anything To Secure Release Of Remaining Chibok Girls -buhari by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
The chibok girls that don't exist. Keep on deceiving yourself, MUMU.
Re: We’ll Do Anything To Secure Release Of Remaining Chibok Girls -buhari by Mynd44: 2:12pm On Apr 13, 2017

(1)

Senator Dino Melaye Escapes Assassination AS Gunmen Invade His House In Kogi / My Name Is IPOB / China To Widen Scope Of Relationship With Nigeria - Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.