Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu (830 Views)

EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul / Ahmadu Adamu Mu'azu Officially Releases Statement On Owning Ikoyi House(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by Ogashub(m): 5:49am On Apr 15, 2017
Following the outrage that followed the discovery of a large sum of money in a Lagos building, a former chairman of the People's Democratic Party has explained his connection to it.

Adamu Mu’azu, a former chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, on Thursday, explained his connection to the Lagos property where the anti-graft EFCC found over N13 billion hidden in an apartment.

According to Premium Times, Mr. Muazu said although he built the property, it was no longer his.

Operatives of the EFCC, acting on a tip off on Wednesday, found $43,449,947, £27,800 and N23,218,000 hidden inside an apartment at Osborne Towers, Ikoyi.

The recoveries were valued at N13 billion based on prevailing exchange rate set by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The EFCC circulated photos and video footage of the moment the hidden money was recovered, sparking nationwide outrage.

There have been media reports that the money belonged to Mr. Mu’azu because the property was linked to him in public records.

On Friday, the former Bauchi State governor acknowledged links to the property, but said he wasn’t the owner of the suspicious funds found therein.

In a statement to Premium Times, he explained that he built the property with a credit facility he acquired from a bank, but had since sold out all the apartments in the building.

“I acquired the land and jointly develop it using a bank loan, I obtained about nine (9) years ago.

“However, all the flats have been sold to prospective buyers in order to pay back the loan,” Mr. Mu’azu said.

“I do not own or occupy any of the apartments. I sold all the apartments through established estate agents as such I have no knowledge or interest in who purchases or rents any of the flats,” he added.

Mr. Mu’azu, who said he’d been a real estate developer of international repute since 1983, commended the EFCC for its vigorous war against corruption.

“I strongly believe that the efforts being made will surely unveil the real owner of such flat and the monies recovered,” he stated.

The Lagos Division of the Federal High Court on Thursday granted an order to tentatively forfeit the recovered sum to the Nigerian government.

Nobody has come out to claim the money and the judge gave any claimant until May 5 to do so or the money would be permanently forfeited to the federal government.

http://ogashub.com.ng/what-i-know-about-ikoyi-house-where-efcc-found-over-n13-billion-adamu-muazu/

Re: What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by Lanretoye(m): 6:09am On Apr 15, 2017
so there is no documentation pertaining to who bought or rented the flat,the established agent must be a learner...i smell rotten fish.

1 Like

Re: What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 15, 2017
In other mews they said the money belongs to NIA.

My question is how can NIA with scope and nature of their work didnt know that one of their stash houses was going to be raided?

1 Like

Re: What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Muazu, go on we de listen.

Re: What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by rusher14: 6:27am On Apr 15, 2017
Mu'azu should be arrested.

How can a landlord feign ignorance about the Tennants within his premises?

Fine, you don't own the money but who are the occupants of the flats within which said monies were found?
Re: What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by Alasi20(m): 6:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Nigeria
Re: What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by ShakurMY(m): 6:49am On Apr 15, 2017
This people are just fooling us, at the end we won't hear anything again. Africans are too corrupt, that's why it can never develop. Self interest everywhere.
Re: What I Know About Ikoyi House Where EFCC Found Over N13 Billion -adamu Mu’azu by Mynd44: 6:50am On Apr 15, 2017

(1)

Chief Sir Victor Umeh (OFR) Honoured With Papal Knighthood / $50m Found In Ikoyi Residence Ploy Against GEJ / Court Remands Ex-gov. Lamido In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.