Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (612880 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Readonee35L(m): 7:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
MDCEO1:
Oga Gazzuzz, my Nissan Altima 2003 keeps going off intermittently while in motion, for no obvious reason.
While driving at any time, the car just seems to trip off and go off, with the AC and power windows still working.
Then when you try to restart it, it cranks for some time before coming on, like its trying to start but finding it hard to start.
Sometimes it restarts immediately, but most times, you have to crank it like 2-3 seconds before it restarts. Sometimes I have to pump the accelerator pedal a few times while cranking it, before it restarts.
Was scanned some time ago (at least my mechanic claimed he took it for a scan), with no definite results. Can't get the results of the last scan.
However the problem still persisted.
Had the fuel pump changed like 1-2 months ago (because the car was not starting at all at that time and my mech said the fuel pump had gone bad), the problem seemed to abate for a few days/weeks and restarted again after that.
I've noticed it seems to be particularly worse after rains, can trip off 4-5 times in a 15 minute trip, but sometimes may not occur at all for one or several short trips.
Any ideas on what the issue is??
Scan Again..
Your camshaft position sensors are usually the culprit

3 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
wowdiva:
Oga Gazzuzz, great job you are going here. Abeg what is your take on a 2007 Liberty jeep. The maintenance cost and availability of parts. I stay in lagos

If you are good at buying parts online and having them delivered to nigeria then you will have no issues. I guess it is a 4.0liter engine, so you know what you are getting into when it comes to fueling and traffic conditions.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
nnamdibig:
Mr Gazzuzz, Golf 4 engine overheats when AC is on.
Pls what could be the problem?

check cooling fans, the they are at proper speed when a.c is turned on, check condenser, and ensure it is not clogged with dirt. Replace radiator, if you have been using water instead of coolant for a very long time.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nnamdibig(m): 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

check cooling fans, the they are at proper speed when a.c is turned on, check condenser, and ensure it is not clogged with dirt. Replace radiator, if you have been using water instead of coolant for a very long time.

Radiator was just replaced
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
MDCEO1:
Oga Gazzuzz, my Nissan Altima 2003 keeps going off intermittently while in motion, for no obvious reason.
While driving at any time, the car just seems to trip off and go off, with the AC and power windows still working.
Then when you try to restart it, it cranks for some time before coming on, like its trying to start but finding it hard to start.
Sometimes it restarts immediately, but most times, you have to crank it like 2-3 seconds before it restarts. Sometimes I have to pump the accelerator pedal a few times while cranking it, before it restarts.
Was scanned some time ago (at least my mechanic claimed he took it for a scan), with no definite results. Can't get the results of the last scan.
However the problem still persisted.
Had the fuel pump changed like 1-2 months ago (because the car was not starting at all at that time and my mech said the fuel pump had gone bad), the problem seemed to abate for a few days/weeks and restarted again after that.
I've noticed it seems to be particularly worse after rains, can trip off 4-5 times in a 15 minute trip, but sometimes may not occur at all for one or several short trips.
Any ideas on what the issue is??

When you buy this particular model of vehicle, same way you ensure you have a functional extra tyre, is same way you ensure you have 2pairs of Crank and Camshaft position sensors. Currently you have a malfunctioning crank or camshaft position sensor.

You should get the scan results for better accuracy, but your vehicle is well known for this issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
nnamdibig:

Radiator was just replaced

Was it a new one? Any work done on engine of recent? Check the other pointers, and what do you mean by overheating? Does it go over 90degrees?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
ugreat:

Oga Gazzuzz, I have bought a new mass airflow meter and fixed. It doesn't power off the engine like the other one, but i notice that the car doesn't go more than 2000rpm on motion. Also, sometimes it seems the accelerator is cut off even when pressed down. Any advice please?

check the airflow meter you bought, was it an exact replacement part or e resemble am?? Scan vehicle.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nnamdibig(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Was it a new one? Any work done on engine of recent? Check the other pointers, and what do you mean by overheating? Does it go over 90degrees?
The radiator is not brand new but no fault and the temperature goes to 90degrees and remains there. The moment the AC is off, it comes down to around 50degrees
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
nnamdibig:

The radiator is not brand new but no fault and the temperature goes to 90degrees and remains there. The moment the AC is off, it comes down to around 50degrees

Please return your thermostat back to its thermostat housing. Currently you have no thermostat. Also 90deg is Normal operating temperature.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you called, you said its your first car.

I personally do not like the 03avalon, long and bulky and terrible gas mileage.

Something smaller and smart will be more befitting it's my personal view.
Thank you very much Sir
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nnamdibig(m): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Please return your thermostat back to its thermostat housing. Currently you have no thermostat. Also 90deg is Normal operating temperature.

Thanks you sir,
God bless.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ukata16(m): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Your car is a 1998, switch back to mineral oil 20w50.

One of the good brands I know of is CEPSA
Pic below.
My oga, sorry about the oil you recommended for my Honda - how many litres do i need and where can I get this oil?
Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ugreat(m): 9:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

check the airflow meter you bought, was it an exact replacement part or e resemble am?? Scan vehicle.
You got me spot on there. I used the former to buy the new. How will I know if its the exact one? Someone said it ll be obd1. I'm still on the lookout on where to scan. Thanks Boss
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
ukata16:

My oga, sorry about the oil you recommended for my Honda - how many litres do i need and where can I get this oil?
Thanks

about 4.5liters. Gallon comes in 5liters.

Show the pic to any spare part dealer.

It costs 7,000retail
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jarkbauer: 12:02am On Jun 11, 2017
Gazzuzz Can you buy engine oil (5w-20 or 5w-30) from Aspamda?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by wowdiva: 1:37am On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

If you are good at buying parts online and having them delivered to nigeria then you will have no issues. I guess it is a 4.0liter engine, so you know what you are getting into when it comes to fueling and traffic conditions.

OK, thanks alot!
What is your take on a 2004 Peugeot 206 cc convertible. In terms of maintenance and availability of parts.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by odiereke(m): 5:46am On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Stop buying tokumbor radiators.

Flush Transmission as many times as possible. valve body might be contaminated
Oga Gazzuz gudmorng,
pls how and where do I get my transmission flushed? can u also give me an appointment to come for scanning?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:04am On Jun 11, 2017
wowdiva:

OK, thanks alot!
What is your take on a 2004 Peugeot 206 cc convertible. In terms of maintenance and availability of parts.

body parts and accessories are quite scarce. Every other part is available. It is a very sensitive car that is very unforgiving when abused.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by wowdiva: 8:15am On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

body parts and accessories are quite scarce. Every other part is available. It is a very sensitive car that is very unforgiving when abused.

OK, thanks. Which car can you recommend within the budget of 450 to 550 for a first timer, I don't mind a manual transmission though. I want a car with affordable maintenance and availability of parts. Also good fuel economy.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2017
wowdiva:

OK, thanks. Which car can you recommend within the budget of 450 to 550 for a first timer, I don't mind a manual transmission though. I want a car with affordable maintenance and availability of parts. Also good fuel economy.

Nissan primera 1997/8
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by ukata16(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

about 4.5liters. Gallon comes in 5liters.

Show the pic to any spare part dealer.

It costs 7,000retail
God bless you

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Hybrid600: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
Gazzuzz... well done!
Do you know where I can convert a Mercedes Benz S 430 from balloon suspension to normal suspension?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hybrid600:
Gazzuzz... well done!
Do you know where I can convert a Mercedes Benz S 430 from balloon suspension to normal suspension?

cc: Denn
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

you said you just got the car toks, so search top left side of the windsheild for the service tag, it will tell you what type of oil was last used to service. If it's not there search the documents that came with the car, if not there also, you can tell lake an educated guess by checking the texture and weight of the present oil, so do not be in a hurry to throw it away.
first pic is the engine oil while second is the transmission fluid.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
lymelyte:
first pic is the engine oil while second is the transmission fluid.

what is current vehicle Mileage?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what is current vehicle Mileage?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
lymelyte:

Over due for an oil change.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by AdisaOwala: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Oga Gazzuz...

Occassionally, the engine of my Camry 2002 (envelope light) vibrates and goes off when the A.C works for a while. I also noticed that the A.C indicator light blinks intermittently.

What's the way forward?

Kindly recommend the right Engine/Transmission oils for the ride.

Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Over due for an oil change.
ok bro. I guess it is safe to use Toyota Genuine motor oil right?

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MDCEO1: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
Readonee35L:

Scan Again..
Your camshaft position sensors are usually the culprit

Thanks, will do that.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MDCEO1: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

When you buy this particular model of vehicle, same way you ensure you have a functional extra tyre, is same way you ensure you have 2pairs of Crank and Camshaft position sensors. Currently you have a malfunctioning crank or camshaft position sensor.

You should get the scan results for better accuracy, but your vehicle is well known for this issue.

Thanks. When can I bring the car for a scan/fixing?
I'll also like an oil change as well.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
lymelyte:
ok bro. I guess it is safe to use Toyota Genuine motor oil right?

That Mumu oil does not state what it is!! It only states weight and compatibility. It does not state if it is Full synthetic, Mineral or Semi-synthetic.

I personally avoid products that are vague in description.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.