Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (613056 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (407) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Thalamus: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

audi a6 2009 awd

What do you like about the a6
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2017
Iyabetajos:
don't know d grade but its oando 1litre.he was to just top it up before I service it over d weekend

It is time to service grin
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Iyabetajos(f): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

It is time to service grin
yes sir!!!!was just worried it might damage d engine.twale sir
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by hapheeyxz: 8:18am On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Free consultation on car Fixes and car purchases

Just ask, and I'll give you my candid unbiased advice here on autos.

Oga, Abeg, for a starter like me, I want to get small car till my driving is perfect... I am contemplating between Bens 190, auto transmission and golf 3. I need your advice, please.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2017
hapheeyxz:

Oga, Abeg, for a starter like me, I want to get small car till my driving is perfect... I am contemplating between Bens 190, auto transmission and golf 3. I need your advice, please.

For a learner, the smaller the better. Golf3 it is.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Jomodupri(m): 10:22am On Apr 18, 2017
OGA GAZZUZZ,

Make u touch light my matter I beg.

Jomodupri:
Hello GAZZUZZ,

Could you pls assist to source for SAE 90 or SAE 80W - 90 hypoid gear oil for 05 MDX ACURA transfer assembly?

Thank you.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Thalamus: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2017
Well I guess this video says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRpDBzFFI1g

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2017
Iyabetajos:
yes sir!!!!was just worried it might damage d engine.twale sir

why not drive into a petrol station an do an oil change? Engine replacements are not friendly now o!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by igehkc(m): 11:08am On Apr 18, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz,

I recently got a new engine on my 2010 Camry. It now has this "growling" sound (with some vibrations) when I accelerate/rev it. I noticed the same on my friends 2007 camry that had an engine replacement.The performance of the engine is great though. Can u help give an insight as to what the cause of this sound/vibration is?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Iyabetajos(f): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

why not drive into a petrol station an do an oil change? Engine replacements are not friendly now o!

I tell u ooo
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by hapheeyxz: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

For a learner, the smaller the better. Golf3 it is.
Ruggedness nko and value for money
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jedisco(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
Oga gazzuzz thanks for the work you're doing here. Please I need your advice. I'm in trying to make a choice between two cars.
They are both fairly used EOD. The first is a 2004 v6 and the other is a 2003 4 cylinder model(not EX).
They are both in good condition but the v6 is cleaner with about 40k higher mileage (133 vs 185). The A/C of d 03 ain't working though they claim it's just a gas refill. Got a mechanic to check them and he says they are both good.

Also, 03 model is 50k cheaper than the v6 (1.150 vs. 1.2). I'm in a dilemma between the two. I've been hearing of issues associated with the v6 model coupled with its higher fuel consumption. This would be my first car and I'm hoping I get it right.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by arcbaba: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2017
hello Oga guzz? I was recently told by my friend who just got out of a gear problem that it is recommended to change your gear oil regularly else your gear box can get damaged. is this tru? and how often should the oil be changed? it's a toyota Camry 1999 (pencil light). tnx
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by makavele: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2017
arcbaba:
hello Oga guzz? I was recently told by my friend who just got out of a gear problem that it is recommended to change your gear oil regularly else your gear box can get damaged. is this tru? and how often should the oil be changed? it's a toyota Camry 1999 (pencil light). tnx

There's a recommended mileage at which oils should be changed.
If you are changing all the time, it is leaking . . cos it's a closed system
if it isn't leaking . then you are wasting money unnecessarily
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by hayokunleoni(m): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz,

Had a problem with my EOD over the weekend.

Wanted to do some body work and painting. Gave the car to the panel beater who worked on it on Friday and Saturday.

After the Saturday work, the panel beater wanted to return the car to my compound and in the process, the key got stuck in the ignition.

A rewire was called and after trying several things, he was able to remove the key. However, the car is not starting again despite the fact that all functions/ signs are coming up from the dashboard. The car is just rolling but not starting as if the security is active.

The rewire had to remove the ignition and take it to people that reset keys. after resetting, the problem still persist. The car is not starting.

Another person was called with diagnistic machine but after plugging it in, he said the machine is not communicating with the car.

They are planning to remove the brain box and ignition so as to reset the car from another Honda EOD Car.

Please what can be the problem? Also, should I allow them to remove the brain box.

Your urgent response will be appreciated
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2017
igehkc:
Oga Gazzuzz,

I recently got a new engine on my 2010 Camry. It now has this "growling" sound (with some vibrations) when I accelerate/rev it. I noticed the same on my friends 2007 camry that had an engine replacement.The performance of the engine is great though. Can u help give an insight as to what the cause of this sound/vibration is?

Growling sounds are not very friendly sounds, it signifies a problem. please give more info on engine size. (v6 or 4cyl)
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
hapheeyxz:

Ruggedness nko and value for money

golf has better resale value

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2017
jedisco:
Oga gazzuzz thanks for the work you're doing here. Please I need your advice. I'm in trying to make a choice between two cars.
They are both fairly used EOD. The first is a 2004 v6 and the other is a 2003 4 cylinder model(not EX).
They are both in good condition but the v6 is cleaner with about 40k higher mileage (133 vs 185). The A/C of d 03 ain't working though they claim it's just a gas refill. Got a mechanic to check them and he says they are both good.

Also, 03 model is 50k cheaper than the v6 (1.150 vs. 1.2). I'm in a dilemma between the two. I've been hearing of issues associated with the v6 model coupled with its higher fuel consumption. This would be my first car and I'm hoping I get it right.

My isssue with the V6 accord 2004 is its transmission< failure is quite high, and when it happens replacement cost is almost 3 times the cost of a 4cylinder. also a v6 is prone to more suspension issues on poor road conditions over a long period of time due to its weight.

i would personally buy a 4cylinder any day.

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2017
arcbaba:

oil should be changed every 30-50k km, depending on oil colour
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by menstrualpad: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

oil should be changed every 30-50k km, depending on oil colour
Gazzuzz am at a loss about getting original Honda rings I saw two... The boxed tpr and the flat out riken... The sellers advice riken what do you think?

I also want to know if cylinder bore deglazing is essential.
Thanks for your kind assistances​.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by fidtopade: 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Oil light issue: after my engine knocked and crackshaft and metal, 4 x pisting and rings, 2 x camp shaft replaced. The oil light always come up whenever the engine is on. But when you truttle it, the oil light goes of. I have change the oil switch and the oil pump, but this problem persist.
I still notice some noise from the engine when the car is being tuttled.

Please what could be reponsible for these??
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2017
Gazzuzz, pls sir.. Is coolant water? Or I'm I missing something.
I drive a Corolla 2005.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by adanny01(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2017
hayokunleoni:
Oga Gazzuzz,

Wanted to do some body work and painting. Gave the car to the panel beater who worked on it on Friday and Saturday.

After the Saturday work, the panel beater wanted to return the car to my compound and in the process, the key got stuck in the ignition.

A rewire was called and after trying several things, he was able to remove the key. However, the car is not starting again despite the fact that all functions/ signs are coming up from the dashboard. The car is just rolling but not starting as if the security is active.

The rewire had to remove the ignition and take it to people that reset keys. after resetting, the problem still persist. The car is not starting.

Another person was called with diagnistic machine but after plugging it in, he said the machine is not communicating with the car.

They are planning to remove the brain box and ignition so as to reset the car from another Honda EOD Car.

Please what can be the problem? Also, should I allow them to remove the brain box.

Sounds like an immobilizer issue. There is a green key light that comes on then off when the key is inserted. Does it flash continuesly or stays on or comes on and go off?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2017
menstrualpad:

Gazzuzz am at a loss about getting original Honda rings I saw two... The boxed tpr and the flat out riken... The sellers advice riken what do you think?

I also want to know if cylinder bore deglazing is essential.
Thanks for your kind assistance​.

the highlighted is very important.

you should trust your spare part dealer to make the right choice wink
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2017
fidtopade:
Oil light issue: after my engine knocked and crackshaft and metal, 4 x pisting and rings, 2 x camp shaft replaced. The oil light always come up whenever the engine is on. But when you truttle it, the oil light goes of. I have change the oil switch and the oil pump, but this problem persist.
I still notice some noise from the engine when the car is being tuttled.

Please what could be reponsible for these??

oil pressure leaks from mating with bearings and crankshaft.

replace engine.

what vehicle is this?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
hayokunleoni:
Oga Gazzuzz,

Check engine ecu fuse, if it is burnt have it replaced.

if this does not work electrician has fried your engine ecu and you will need a replacement
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
latestmodel:
Gazzuzz, pls sir.. Is coolant water? Or I'm I missing something.
I drive a Corolla 2005.

tap water is ideally not coolant for an engine though it is widely used as such. Engine coolant is a water based liquid, it has certain properties which ordinary tap water does not have

1. ability to lubricate moving parts like the water pump
2. does not boil at 100 degrees centigrade but at slightly higher temperatures
3. anti corrosive properties that ensure the coolant passages remain clean.
4. dye to determine its presence
5. ability to absorb heat quicker than water

4 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by menstrualpad: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the highlighted is very important.

you should trust your spare part dealer to make the right choice wink
Ok trusted. Is there any way to deglaze without increasing the boresize?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jedisco(m): 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

My isssue with the V6 accord 2004 is its transmission< failure is quite high, and when it happens replacement cost is almost 3 times the cost of a 4cylinder. also a v6 is prone to more suspension issues on poor road conditions over a long period of time due to its weight.

i would personally buy a 4cylinder any day.
Thanks.
This solves it.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by OlugbengaE: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2017
Are you on twitter. Tell us your handle.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lymelyte(m): 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
Chief, please can you recommend a good personel to go along with me for a Lexus car inspection.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by kingreign(m): 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
lymelyte:
Chief, please can you recommend a good personel to go along with me for a Lexus car inspection.

Location of the inspection?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (407) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

Viewing this topic: joetoocute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.