Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? (4824 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nice write up op. Is it just me or do the number of nl skeptics appear to be increasing
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by SAINTHUD(m): 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
a christian with questions.
Good morning, I don't have answers to all the questions you might be plagued with but I would like to have an intellectually discerning conversation with you, contact me on 07039419526...whatsapp only

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
well, I forget to mention pastors with body guards or that catholic priest with ak47 when there is holy water. The hypocricy is too much and sickening.

Imagine the reasoning. "Thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God" what did Jesus say when the devil told him to through himself down so that angels will rescue Him?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
SAINTHUD:
Good morning, I don't have answers to all the questions you might be plagued with but I would like to have an intellectually discerning conversation with you, contact me on 07039419526...whatsapp only
okay, I will. Will 6:00pm today be fine?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

Imagine the reasoning. "Thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God" what did Jesus say when the devil told him to through himself down so that angels will rescue Him?
Exercising your faith I the word is not testing God. Armed robbers coming to attack you and God protecting you is by no means tempting God. So then, why the ak47 when you have holy water?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Nice write up op. Is it just me or do the number of nl skeptics appear to be increasing
Of course, skepticism of religion is on the rise. When certain assertions do not seem to match reality, doubts will rise. It is only religion that thought men that doubt is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
Exercising your faith I the word is not testing God. Armed robbers coming to attack you and God protecting you is by no means tempting God. So then, why the ak47 when you have holy water?

If you live in a war torn area with a high chance of attack especially when you are a religious person, preaching to the annoyance of many and you leave matters without being cautious about things what are you doing?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

If you live in a war torn area with a high chance of attack especially when you are a religious person, preaching to the annoyance of many and you leave matters without being cautious about things what are you doing?
A normal human in the right senses would. I am not saying the priest should not protect himself. All I am saying is why ak47 when there is holy water? Why body guards when the Lord will watch over you and send his angels before lest you dash your foot against a stone? What happened to the Lord's chosen apron?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
A normal human in the right senses would. I am not saying the priest should not protect himself. All I am saying is why ak47 when there is holy water? Why body guards when the Lord will watch over you and send his angels before lest you dash your foot against a stone? What happened to the Lord's chosen apron?

You keep going around the issue, I said it's tempting God if one lives on such a place and refuse to use anything to defend himself. However, the same God that brought down the walls of Jericho with praises and defeated an army of over 120,000 soldiers with only 300 men is still alive. God decides the strategy and if God has told the priest to hold the gun then so be it
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by SAINTHUD(m): 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
okay, I will. Will 6:00pm today be fine?
ok
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 1:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

You keep going around the issue, I said it's tempting God if one lives on such a place and refuse to use anything to defend himself. However, the same God that brought down the walls of Jericho with praises and defeated an army of over 120,000 soldiers with only 300 men is still alive. God decides the strategy and if God has told the priest to hold the gun then so be it
*facepalms* is holy water not for protection? Is the Lord's chosen apron not for protection? WHAT THE Bleep ARE YOU SAYING? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
*facepalms* is holy water not for protection? Is the Lord's chosen apron not for protection? WHAT THE Bleep ARE YOU SAYING? angry angry angry

I said whatever strategy the Lord ministers to a person to use is good enough, even the bible can be used for self defense. Haven't you heard of a priest who was attacked by armed robbers but was saved by his bible? My own priest was shot in the chest and survived, today he is hale and hearty
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

I said whatever strategy the Lord ministers to a person to use is good enough, even the bible can be used for self defense. Haven't you heard of a priest who was attacked by armed robbers but was saved by his bible? My own priest was shot in the chest and survived, today he is hale and hearty
why promise all round protection to us when God could have said that he will give strategy on how to protect ourselves? Where is it written in the Bible that God's protection is based on his ministered strategy? Since God ministers to people, while didn't he minister to his people before the building collapsed on them in uyo then? Where was the protection?

It doesn't add up.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2017
Well, OP, I give you a passmark for this write-up. All you wrote are true to some extent. Am a not a true fan of religion. I have spotted so many errors in the lives of so many religious fanatics including Christians. For this reason, I have decided on how to live my life and ready for the judgment day if indeed it will come. But of recent, something happened to me that I find hard to explain how it happened. I want to believe God proved himself. My baby fell from a story building unhurt. Infact no any mark to show that he truly fell, and till today am still in disbelief. I think truly God saved that boy or do you have explanation for this?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
why promise all round protection to us when God could have said that he will give strategy on how to protect ourselves? Where is it written in the Bible that God's protection is based on his ministered strategy? Since God ministers to people, while didn't he minister to his people before the building collapsed on them in uyo then? Where was the protection?

It doesn't add up.

Was it God that made the engineer to buy sub standard materials? How do you know if God was not placing difficulties on the way in a bid to stop the launching of the church building but the pastor was busy telling the congregation to pray and fast against any obstacles.

Your argument is pointless
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by NPComplete: 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
yemi1261:
Well, OP, I give you a passmark for this write-up. All you wrote are true to some extent. Am a not a true fan of religion. I have spotted so many errors in the lives of so many religious fanatics including Christians. For this reason, I have decided on how to live my life and ready for the judgment day if indeed it will come. But of recent, something happened to me that I find hard to explain how it happened. I want to believe God proved himself. My baby fell from a story building unhurt. Infact no any mark to show that he truly fell, and till today am still in disbelief. I think truly God saved that boy or do you have explanation for this?

Yeah. God probably saved him. But which of the numerous gods are we talking about here?
I am sure a Hindu baby must have fallen from a story building unhurt recently too. Does that mean Shiva proved himself?
I am sure the same thing happened to a Muslim baby recently too. Does that mean Allah proved himself?
I am sure the same thing......u see where this is going, don't u?
It is one thing to be grateful, I am grateful ur baby escaped unhurt. Thank God. But it is another thing for us to suppose such random good things coming on our way somehow validates our beliefs and verifies the capacity and transcendence of our personal Deity over others.
Whether u are a Christian or not, there is no difference.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
yemi1261:
Very good, this is one of the things I want, for christians on nairaland to comment on this topic on how God (as they think or know) proved himself to them. Unfortunately, many are running away from this topic.

On your baby, I would like to know the surface he landed on. If it is a cement floor or any hard floor, the building was tall and there were no interruptions during the fall, then such is too big to pass off as a stroke of luck. I await your response.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by NPComplete: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

Was it God that made the engineer to buy sub standard materials? How do you know if God was not placing difficulties on the way in a bid to stop the launching of the church building but the pastor was busy telling the congregation to pray and fast against any obstacles.

Actually it's ur own argument that is pointless. If God truly speaks to men, he would have said it loud and clear and in no uncertain terms to the pastor. Hell, He would have even used a donkey to talk to the pastor or the innocent people. Can u beat that?
Its funny u say u believe in a god who is oh so powerful. When things go right in marvelous ways, u begin to point to that as evidence of omnipotence. But when things go wrong u begin to blaspheme against God and make Him look like any other man who is incapable of lifting a finger.
U guys need to decide if u are worshiping an omnipotent God or just another god. U can't keep choosing either depending on the circumstance.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 16, 2017
NPComplete:

Actually it's ur own argument that is pointless. If God truly speaks to men, he would have said it loud and clear and in no uncertain terms to the pastor. Hell, He would have even used a donkey to talk to the pastor. Can u beat that?
Its funny u say u believe in a god who is oh so powerful. When things go right in marvelous ways, u begin to point to that as evidence of omnipotence. But when things go wrong u begin to blaspheme against God and make Him look like any other man who is incapable of lifting a finger.

I hope you read what you wrote before posting, God definitely speaks to us in ways he pleases and it's up to us to listen or not.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by NPComplete: 2:47pm On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
Very good, this is one of the things I want, for christians on nairaland to comment on this topic on how God (as they think or know) proved himself to them. Unfortunately, many are running away from this topic.

On your baby, I would like to know the surface he landed on. If it is a cement floor or any hard floor, the building was tall and there were no interruptions during the fall, then such is too big to pass off as a stroke of luck. I await your response.
thanks, I don't actually know the distance from of the Point of fall to floor. The floor is well cemented, landed with a loud noise on the floor. Just imagine what the height could be from the railings.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by NPComplete: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

I hope you read what you wrote before posting, God definitely speaks to us and it's up to us to listen or not.

LOL. Stop clowning around.
So God spoke to the pastor and he refused to listen. Then God watched as the devil dropped a building on the innocent congregation? Are u even listening to urself?
U want to tell me that if God sent an angel into a donkey or a lizard or whatever just to speak and stop people from entering the building that day, it wouldn't have worked? Or just cause something to delay the collapse until after people leave. Or.......
This is the same God u claim raises the dead every other crusade in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
NPComplete:

Yeah. God probably saved him. But which of the numerous gods are we talking about here?
I am sure a Hindu baby must have fallen from a story building unhurt recently too. Does that mean Shiva proved himself?
I am sure the same thing happened to a Muslim baby recently too. Does that mean Allah proved himself?
I am sure the same thing......u see where this is going, don't u?
It is one thing to be grateful, I am grateful ur baby escaped unhurt. Thank God. But it is another thing for us to suppose such random good things coming on our way somehow validates our beliefs and verifies the capacity and transcendence of our personal Deity over others.
Whether u are a Christian or not, there is no difference.
thanks a lot. God is one, we chose to worship him our own way. But the way some people now see him as a way of making money is what I frown at.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by CatfishBilly: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
yemi1261:
It was just luck.
2 brothers fell from a skyscraper while cleaning windows. One died, the other didn't and made a full recovery.
Just dumb luck.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

why place difficulties instead of telling them out rightly that their work was going to cost people their lives? Don't you know that sheeples would mistake such difficultly for the workings of witches and wizards?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Jman06(m): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
yemi1261:
If i may ask you sir/ma, those kids that fall from storey buildings and die, did they shoot that god catapult on his azs that he couldn't save them as well? Or does god hate them so much that he looked the other way while they were falling?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by NPComplete: 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
^^these two guys aren't nice grin
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
Jman06:
If i may ask you sir/ma, those kids that fall from storey buildings and die, did they shoot that god catapult on his azs that he couldn't save them as well? Or does god hate them so much that he looked the other way while they were falling?
till this hour I just can't explain how the boy got the luck
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2017
missdivineprove:
Am rushing for a program, but I need to say something here.
@op am not here to argue with your observation. Its nice.
One of my Hindu's lecturer always emphasized: ''Christianity Is not religion''
One of the problem of our generation Is that we have little or no knowledge of God and most pastors, churches are not helping either.
We tends to direct all the good things to God and the bad event to Satan. We chose the passage that suit us and neglect every other one.
The bible you have Is not different from any written book you found around. The only difference Is the spirit of God that inspires the write up.
That Is why we all could read the same passage with different understanding and approach.
God Is a spirit, those who worship him must do so in truth and in spirit.
When we loss loved ones, go through problems in life and we give our all, pray and fast and we still loss them, or no positive result, it doesn't make God a liar. It simply means that Is how he wants it. Probably, there Is a time for your answer and its yet to come.
Forget about those posters you see pastors assuring people of healing, marriage, prosperity and so many other things.
So many of them are having the same challenges and are looking for solution but they tends to idolize themselves. They are common people like you and I. So stop measuring God's word/existent by the kind of Christianity you see us practicing today, but expand your knowledge of him through his inspired word and deep relationship with him.
Dont give the enemy of your soul an opportunity to destroy you.
It could be you're getting tired of the Christianity you see today and you want to give up.
Dont give up.
Christianity Is a LIFESTYLE, the way you relate with your neighbor, your kindness, tolerance and above all LOVE.
Without love, all our struggles in this world Is in vine . Where there Is no love, there Is no God.
when things don't work, it is simply how he wants it. If prayers are not answered, it is simply how he wants it or time has not yet reached. If things go through, it is surely God. Is that what you are trying to say?

Well if that is the case, then all supposed answered prayers are a stroke of luck.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by otemanuduno: 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2017
yemi1261:
thanks, I don't actually know the distance from of the Point of fall to floor. The floor is well cemented, landed with a loud noise on the floor. Just imagine what the height could be from the railings.

Even after I have discovered God ALMIGHTY the creator of Yahweh and other gods within me, I become better protected, healthy and wiser. We have Guardian angels and only when it is your time to die that they won't do anything to protect you. I have experienced miracles and I am still experiencing it since when I left Christianity. It isn't the function of any god for you to be protected. It is how it should be. You can't die before you time except If you decide to end it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You're Told To Take The Vaccine Or Resign -A Pastor's Advice. / A Must Read For All Married Couples And An Eye-Opener For The Yet To . . . / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2015 Prophesy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.