Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? (4965 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by otemanuduno: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2017
Martinez19:
mfm, redeem christian church of God, deeper life, harvesters, diving chosen vine ministries, christ harmony church, real gospels believers ministry( this was a bit okay but the pastor started womanising and his great ministry folded up), bible believers fellowship e.t.c grin

I have been around mehn grin Now tell me the name of your church?
pls i want to confirm something. A guy I met offline told me how pastor kumuyi of Deeper life used them to work as labourers in the DLCC at lagos ibadan expressway for the purpose of building the deeper life high school. He said that they even paid half of their salaries and even full salaries for the high schools construction with the impression that the school would be for the members with subsidised school fees. But when the schools were ready, they were surprised at the exorbitant fees. Pls are you aware of this? Throw more light. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2017
otemanuduno:
pls i want to confirm something. A guy I met offline told me how pastor kumuyi of Deeper life used them to work as labourers in the DLCC at lagos ibadan expressway for the purpose of building the deeper life high school. He said that they even paid half of their salaries and even full salaries for the high schools construction with the impression that the school would be for the members with subsidised school fees. But when the schools were ready, they were surprised at the exorbitant fees. Pls are you aware of this? Throw more light. Thanks.
I am not aware of this.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by otemanuduno: 11:20am On Apr 19, 2017
Martinez19:
I am not aware of this.
He said that was about nine to ten years ago when the idea of the high schools and deeper life university just came up.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 11:21am On Apr 19, 2017
otemanuduno:
He said that was about nine to ten years ago when the idea of the high schools and deeper life university just came up.
oh, I left deeper life long before that time.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by otemanuduno: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
Martinez19:
oh, I left deeper life long before that time.
okay
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Empty talks...
All this episodes about how you've been brain-washed by other books.
When the chips are down, you know where to get your healing from.
I need not say more...
there's no need explaining... cheers
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by madone: 8:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Martinez19:
you have seen! Well, that is one of the things I have been looking for. Too bad other christians are shying away, why don't they tell us what they have seen? I would like you to tell me your expedience!
we lose my best friend for 3hours confirmed dead in the hospital cos he fell in the bathroom hit his head on the water closet system while bathing.he was home alone,when people came back was 3hours gone.took him to hospital and dead he was.we cried prayed.called our senior pastor to pray.Guy my friend came back alive and today is his 31st birthday.if u want to meet him I can do that for u.i Av witness goiter disappeared.see kidney stone go.guy this ones am sure no br juju na the real power of God.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by madone: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2017
NPComplete:

Why is it that jobless people always feel that everyone else is as jobless as they are?
I am still waiting for the sensible counter arguments that u will provide though.
lol mr argument
Wait for sensible argument to counter.its spells it all. Lol football no reach u argue again na miracle u wan dey argue now . Mtcheeeew I can see how occupied u re. Mr counter argument sit back ur type re coming
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by NPComplete: 8:55am On Apr 25, 2017
madone:
lol mr argument
Wait for sensible argument to counter.its spells it all. Lol football no reach u argue again na miracle u wan dey argue now . Mtcheeeew I can see how occupied u re. Mr counter argument sit back ur type re coming

So it took u a month for ur brain to cook up this silly thing u wrote riddled with bad punctuation and u think this is some kind of comeback? U are hopeless. And u are obviously not worth half the time it took to type this reply to u. U will be ignored henceforth.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by madone: 11:11am On Apr 25, 2017
NPComplete:

So it took u a month for ur brain to cook up this silly thing u wrote riddled with bad punctuation and u think this is some kind of comeback? U are hopeless. And u are obviously not worth half the time it took to type this reply to u. U will be ignored henceforth.
lol Mr argument am a busy person. I can see how frustrated u re. Get busy dearie I don't need ur response on this ok go to bed or get busy it LL earn u something.Mr argument do u know what NL forum is about. Stupid secondary school brat ur response to my post is an insult in the first place .u eeediot
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by oaroloye(m): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
SHALOM!

Martinez19:
This is not an attempt to disapprove the existence of God as that is not what this write up is about but to bring to light the various ways in which most christians kid themselves there by turning out be somewhat hypocritical. Those who are familiar with christianity know for sure that the God we believe did promise something spectacular which is to do whatsoever we ask in prayer according to his will. If you believe what you read in the bible, then things like healing, raising the dead, making the disabled whole, just to mention a few, are not supposed to be rare in the church even financial success( the eye catcher). But that's not the case.

. JOHN 15:1-8.

"I AM The True Vine,
and my Father is the Husbandman.
2. "Every branch in me
that beareth not fruit
He taketh away:
and every branch that beareth fruit,
He purgeth it,
that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. "Now ye are clean through the Word
which I have spoken unto you.
4. "Abide in me,
and I in you.

'AS THE BRANCH CANNOT
BEAR FRUIT OF ITSELF,
EXCEPT IT ABIDE IN THE VINE;
NO MORE CAN YE,
EXCEPT YE ABIDE IN ME.'

5. "I am The Vine,
ye are the Branches:

'HE THAT ABIDETH IN ME,
AND I IN HIM,
THE SAME BRINGETH FORTH
MUCH FRUIT:'

for without me ye can do nothing.
6. "If a man abide not in me,
he is cast forth as a branch,
and is withered;
and men gather them,
and cast them into The Fire,
and they are burned.
7. "If ye abide in me,
and my Words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will,
and it shall be done unto you.
8. "Herein is my Father glorified,

'THAT YE BEAR MUCH FRUIT;'

so shall ye be my Disciples."

THE WILL OF GOD IS ONLY ONE PART OF THE EQUATION: THERE ARE THINGS THE RECIPIENT HAS TO DO, TOO.

We christians know that all these do not happen before our very eyes, we don't see any dead person being raised to life, we don't see amputees being restored and it is not uncommon to hear and SEE prayers being unanswered. Despite this, we christians still believe that God can still do all these things we have never seen him do before our eyes. What is now confusing is that the same christians who believe all this, tend to "come to terms with reality" we things get tough. Eg. A faith healer who claims to heal can be seen going to hospital. What is worse is when this faith healer is not confronted to face the fact that he is a faith healer and should lead by example. We just push that aside.

GOD DOES NOT ANSWER PRAYER BASED ON THE SEVERITY OF THE VICTIM'S SUFFERING, BUT ACCORDING TO THEIR FAITH IN HIM.

. MARK 11:20-26.

20. And in the morning,
as they passed by,
they saw the fig tree
dried up from the roots.
21. And Peter calling to remembrance
saith unto him,
"Master, behold,
the fig tree which thou cursedst
is withered away."
22. And Jesus answering
saith unto them,
"Have Faith in God.
23. "For verily I say unto you,

'THAT WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY
UNTO THIS MOUNTAIN,

"BE THOU REMOVED,
AND BE THOU CAST INTO THE SEA;"

AND SHALL NOT DOUBT IN HIS HEART,
BUT SHALL BELIEVE THAT THOSE THINGS
WHICH HE SAITH SHALL COME TO PASS;
HE SHALL HAVE WHATSOEVER HE SAITH.'

24. "Therefore I say unto you,

'WHAT THINGS SOEVER YE DESIRE,
WHEN YE PRAY,
BELIEVE THAT YE RECEIVE THEM,
AND YE SHALL HAVE THEM.'

25. "And when ye stand praying,
forgive, if ye have ought against any:
that your Father also Which is in Heaven
may forgive you your trespasses.
26. "But if ye do not forgive,
neither will your Father Which is in Heaven
forgive your trespasses."

MANY PEOPLE WANT TO MOVE MOUNTAINS- BUT VERY FEW WANT TO FORGIVE THOSE WHOM THEY HAVE GRUDGES AGAINST.

The ability to MOVE A MOUNTAIN is as NOTHING when one has FORGIVEN ONE'S ENEMIES.

This implies TOTAL CONTROL OF ONE'S WILLPOWER: the ability to THINK whatever one NEEDS to think, and to BLANK OUT whatever one does not want to think, and what one should not think.

Still on the faith healer, we christians will see him going to hospital but instead of us to smell a rat, we will start rendering prayers of "may the Lord heal you pastor", "get well soon ijn" . When such a faith healer gets well, the same sheeples (christians) still flood his healing crusade---- looking for what if I may ask? Some pastors will dish out prophecies that failed woefully yet the sheeples will defend him despite the fact that bible says that any prophet that prophecies wrongly is not of God. If I may ask, is that not hypocritical. It is not bad to be a Christian but it is sad when you are not intellectually honest and abandon your thinking faculty.

I totally hate when this happens.

Full Gospel Christians advised me to take Medicine when I was hospitalized after Healing myself by Fasting alone for 30 years.

NOT ONE offered to PRAY for me.

I have NEVER prayed even ONE Prayer for my own Healing since I came down with HYPERTENSION- not because my Prayers would not work, but rather the opposite. THERE IS A PRICE TO PAY FOR THE POWER OF GOD.

I AM NOT PREPARED TO PAY THAT PRICE AT THIS TIME.

That means I might DIE in the interim.

That will be too bad!

But I will NOT compromise THE GOSPEL, just to make people feel better.

So when people blithely say:

"JESUS WILL HEAL YOU!"

I reply: "WHY?"

They are dumbfounded.

"On what grounds can you tell me that "JESUS" will Heal ME?"

They find they have nothing to say.

You see- I WAS FORCING THEM TO THINK.

Christians in general, and FULL GOSPEL PENTECOSTAL Christians ibn particular, go to Church to learn HOW NOT TO THINK.

They don't go to Church to learn how to be INTELLIGENT- they go to Church to be STUPID!

There is something that makes me laugh, that is seeing a Christian taking the appropriate medicine for an illness and praying on it that God should work through it and heal that same illness in Jesus' name Why pray when you have taken the medicine? Or was the medicine meant to grow beans in your anus? When confronted, such christians will say rubbish to support their actions. Some christians who go to hospital will say that doctors, medicine and surgeries of all kinds are God's miracles already. Okay, what about amputees, those smitten with hiv and terminal illness? We see them die like chickens eventually and I ask, where is God's miracle? The highest thing I have seen religion offer is hope. Hope does no good at times and can't be substituted for certainty.

This was never my life.

When I became a Born Again Christian, 36 years ago, I had never heard of such a thing- even though I was surrounded by Born Again Christians half my life. No one ever told me that there was such a thing. Then, a couple of weeks in, I learned that DIVINE HEALING was a reality today.

I had never heard about that before, either.

At that time I was literally dying of CHRONIC MALARIA, and had gotten Saved, because, at 19, I was looking at the prospect of never making 21.

The anti-malarial drugs of that time were having less and less effect on the sickness, and more and more effect on ME.

I was sure that I would die soon.

By pure chance, I overheard a couple of tapes by "ANOINTED FULL-GOSPEL MINSTERS:" BENSON IDAHOSA and R.W. SCHAMBACH.

They said that a BORN AGAIN Christian had the right to PRAY, and EXPECT GOD TO ANSWER AFFIRMATIVELY.

That was CONTRARY to what I had heard my whole life.

I applied what they had said in my next Malarial Attack.

I went to bed sick, knelt and prayed- and woke up the next day, perfectly well!

This was my experience for the next five years, when I noticed that it seemed like I was THE ONLY ONE IN OUR FELLOWSHIP who believed in this.

I also learned that Ministers whose media we had been ordered to stay away from, because they "PREACHED FALSE DOCTRINES," had important information the "Brethren" who controlled our Fellowship did not want us to know about.

Such as the information on HOW TO FAST, which I got from FRANKLIN HALL.

Such as the Evils of the Roman Catholic Church, that WILLIAM BRANHAM warned about.

I decided that ORGANIZED CHRISTIANITY did not know what it was doing, and quit the Churches.

I fell sick immediately!

Instead of PRAYING, this time, however, I FASTED, and again recovered without using any medicine whatsoever.

I used that method to stay Healthy, and never prayed for Healing, my own, nor any one else's for thirty years.

But now, my time may be up...

Many christians will be saying that faith moves mountain but you see them shaking when there is a life threatening situation. What shall we say on how they love to exaggerate things for the workings of God? A baby falls from a tall building and is unhurt, people say God did it but if the baby had died, they say shit happens and may his soul rest in peace . When a church collapsed in Uyo, sheeples on nairaland said of those that died that may they rest in the bosom of the Lord but of those that survived, the same people said God saved them and they should thank God .

There are Spiritual Forces that determine Life or Death, and just because one survived, that does not necessarily mean that one was favoured by God. However, THANKING GOD for such a SAVE makes it possible to SAVE THAT POWER, in order to USE IT CONSCIOUSLY.

I have been trying to Teach it, but the DOGS AND PIGS do not want to know.

I could go on and on about how we like to kid ourselves and how hypocritical christians are but I leave that for your contributions.I even opened a topic asking christians on nairaland to list an irrefutable miracle that God has done for them but they avoided the topic unlike the atheist. Shame. I admit that it is no crime to believe in God but it is sad to be intellectually dishonest.

Johnydon22, Hardmirror, donffd, HopefulLandlord and other christians in the house.

Yes- but, if you want to see a MIRACLE, why don't YOU do it yourself?

What you are doing is STARVING TO DEATH, while CRITICIZING other people's cooking- never cooking anything yourself!

That is THE HEIGHT OF HYPOCRITICAL ABSURDITY!

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged:
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. "Thou Hypocrite, first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

I HAVE SPENT MONTHS GIVING MY EXPERT TESTIMONY EXPLAINING HOW SPIRITUAL POWER WORKS.

Most Christians just sit by like idiots, with nothing to say, positively, nor negatively, bluffing that they do not need what I am Teaching, because they have better Teachings in their Church- whereas, they do not.

THEY KNOW that what THEY believe in DOES NOT WORK, but THEY CLING TO IT, because THEY CANNOT BELIEVE The Gospel as taught by The Lord YAHSHUA- which is that in order to be saved, THEY MUST WORK FOR IT.

They ONLY joined the Church because they were ASSURED- by people whom COMMONSENSE would tell anyone that THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY to ASSURE anyone of ANYTHING like that- THAT THEY WOULD BE SAVED WITHOUT WORKING.

If THE GOSPEL ACCOUNTS of Yahshua were the ONLY things in THE NEW TESTAMENT, they would have NOTHING to do with Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Wedding Reception In 2004(photo) / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.