Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? (4835 Views)

Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
otemanuduno:

Even after I have discovered God ALMIGHTY the creator of Yahweh and other gods within me, I become better protected, healthy and wiser. We have Guardian angels and only when it is your time to die that they won't do anything to protect you. I have experienced miracles and I am still experiencing it since when I left Christianity. It isn't the function of any god for you to be protected. It is how it should be. You can't die before you time except If you decide to end it.
otemanuduno, you still have not given me the full details of the after life. I asked you a question on the almighty God but you have not told me anything yet.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by luvmijeje(f): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2017
All these unorganized and unconstitutional people again.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by otemanuduno: 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2017
Zeddicuz:
The ways of God are unknown to men,i want d OP get tapes of miracle crusades of great healing evangelists like Kathryn kHulman, John G lake, Smiyh Wigglesworth, T L Osborne,E W kenyon And reinhard bonnke.maybe den.u will.umderstand better

Did anybody you know personally get cured of chronic sicknesses in any of the miracle crusades of these people? Assuming it happened to anybody, I can assure you, they wouldn't hesitate to carry the lame and blind on the bridge to bonnke's crusades too. They are just paid people sharing testimonies up and down.

When miracles will come, it doesn't need the help of anybody. It will just come naturally, either you are religious or not. You don't need prayers to experience miracles. It just comes when you resonate with the frequency most times accidentally.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by otemanuduno: 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
otemanuduno, you still have not given me the full details of the after life. I asked you a question on the almighty God but you have not told me anything yet.
pls ask again, I can't remember.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
otemanuduno:
pls ask again, I can't remember.
the question are:
1) what is your take on the almighty god
2) is he a person that can feel, speak and empathise?
3) is he powerful?
4) what is the afterlife like?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by otemanuduno: 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
the question are:
1) what is your take on the almighty god
2) is he a person that can feel, speak and empathise?
3) is he powerful?
4) what is the afterlife like?

1. There is only one thing that exists and that is the Almighty God. The Universe is like a matrix of souls. We are all connected. There is no God anywhere else, but us. We can only manifest our godly power according to the role we play in the framework called the Universe. We are all members of God.
Now some parts of God are already conscious of whom they are while the others are still not conscious of it. Whoever is conscious of his godhead, that is the day he/she stops fearing anything. But now it depends on how such person wants to manifest the power of God.

For some, they intentionally want to use their God-power to keep others ignorant and cheat them of their goods and resources. But no conscious part of God can cheat another conscious part. That's why denominations and religions come into existence. I know I am a part of God and you also know, then I decide to start another denomination where I can enjoy the resources of those who are still ignorant of whom they are rather than remaining under you to pay you tithe and offering. That's too bad.
When atheists say There is no God, they are only saying that God isn't separate from human and they are somehow right and their lives get better for it.

2. We can feel, speak and empathise. God is us manifesting in every ways possible.

3. Our collective power, including the ones we have not discovered yet + the power of the sun, the moon, the ocean currents, tides, gravity, magnetic forces and all energies of the universe sum up to be the power of God.

4. The afterlife, irrespective of your belief, is very very peaceful such that you will not even remember to question and fight back the religious leaders who indoctrinated you. You won't even fight back those who killed you while you were here on earth. You will just be feeling a kind of LOVE. That is where God is concentrated in. When I found myself in one of the afterlives, I lost my fear of death. And if today I don't finish my mission on earth before I die, it's going to be a win-win situation for me, but those who are on earth especially in Africa will have to suffer being enslaved in their minds while on earth as they are already suffering. But then, when they die too, they will smile. But NO, I AM HERE TO MAKE A 'HEAVEN ON EARTH' BY REMOVING FEAR FROM THE MINDS OF THE FEARFUL. Then death and worry will be reduced.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by lepasharon(f): 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
Pidgin2:

I hope you read what you wrote before posting, God definitely speaks to us in ways he pleases and it's up to us to listen or not.

Lol..see you outside the religious section
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by owoleola: 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2017
Martinez19:
This is not an attempt to disapprove the existence of God as that is not what this write up is about but to bring to light the various ways in which most christians kid themselves there by turning out be somewhat hypocritical. Those who are familiar with christianity know for sure that the God we believe did promise something spectacular which is to do whatsoever we ask in prayer according to his will. If you believe what you read in the bible, then things like healing, raising the dead, making the disabled whole, just to mention a few, are not supposed to be rare in the church even financial success( the eye catcher). But that's not the case.

We christians know that all these do not happen before our very eyes, we don't see any dead person being raised to life, we don't see amputees being restored and it is not uncommon to hear and SEE prayers being unanswered. Despite this, we christians still believe that God can still do all these things we have never seen him do before our eyes. What is now confusing is that the same christians who believe all this, tend to "come to terms with reality" we things get tough. Eg. A faith healer who claims to heal can be seen going to hospital. What is worse is when this faith healer is not confronted to face the fact that he is a faith healer and should lead by example. We just push that aside.

Still on the faith healer, we christians will see him going to hospital but instead of us to smell a rat, we will start rendering prayers of "may the Lord heal you pastor", "get well soon ijn" . When such a faith healer gets well, the same sheeples (christians) still flood his healing crusade---- looking for what if I may ask? Some pastors will dish out prophecies that failed woefully yet the sheeples will defend him despite the fact that bible says that any prophet that prophecies wrongly is not of God. If I may ask, is that not hypocritical. It is not bad to be a Christian but it is sad when you are not intellectually honest and abandon your thinking faculty.

There is something that makes me laugh, that is seeing a Christian taking the appropriate medicine for an illness and praying on it that God should work through it and heal that same illness in Jesus' name Why pray when you have taken the medicine? Or was the medicine meant to grow beans in your anus? When confronted, such christians will say rubbish to support their actions. Some christians who go to hospital will say that doctors, medicine and surgeries of all kinds are God's miracles already. Okay, what about amputees, those smitten with hiv and terminal illness? We see them die like chickens eventually and I ask, where is God's miracle? The highest thing I have seen religion offer is hope. Hope does no good at times and can't be substituted for certainty.

Many christians will be saying that faith moves mountain but you see them shaking when there is a life threatening situation. What shall we say on how they love to exaggerate things for the workings of God? A baby falls from a tall building and is unhurt, people say God did it but if the baby had died, they say shit happens and may his soul rest in peace . When a church collapsed in Uyo, sheeples on nairaland said of those that died that may they rest in the bosom of the Lord but of those that survived, the same people said God saved them and they should thank God .

I could go on and on about how we like to kid ourselves and how hypocritical christians are but I leave that for your contributions.I even opened a topic asking christians on nairaland to list an irrefutable miracle that God has done for them but they avoided the topic unlike the atheist. Shame. I admit that it is no crime to believe in God but it is sad to be intellectually dishonest.

Johnydon22, Hardmirror, donffd, HopefulLandlord and other christians in the house.
Good observation.....but if I may ask,are you a Christian? And do you believe in God?...........Shit happens and that's true.I'm a Christian and God has convincingly shown me His work in my life...you see everything that happens doesn't have to come from God,most mistakes are from the imperfections of man though God steps in some of the time to make some adjustments for reasons best known to Him.I've always told God that there won't be no hyping,my description of Him will be analogous to His work in my life and I relay it to Him in prayers from the sincerity of my heart.Serving God doesn't automatically transform you into a robot and therefore God doesn't have to take responsibility for all that happens to you. Also there is this thing I've got to know about God,though He can do all things,still He doesn't have to do some things,He is organized and He doesn't flaunt His power.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
owoleola:
Good observation.....but if I may ask,are you a Christian? And do you believe in God?...........Shit happens and that's true.I'm a Christian and God has convincingly shown me His work in my life...you see everything that happens doesn't have to come from God,most mistakes are from the imperfections of man though God steps in some of the time to make some adjustments for reasons best known to Him.I've always told God that there won't be no hyping,my description of Him will be analogous to His work in my life and I relay it to Him in prayers from the sincerity of my heart.Serving God doesn't automatically transform you into a robot and therefore God doesn't have to take responsibility for all that happens to you. Also there is this thing I've got to know about God,though He can do all things,still He doesn't have to do some things,He is organized and He doesn't flaunt His power.
very good, this one of the things I like, that christians should come out openly and say something about their belief on the workings of God. I would love to hear more. Whatsapp only.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 10:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
otemanuduno:

1. There is only one thing that exists and that is the Almighty God. The Universe is like a matrix of souls. We are all connected. There is no God anywhere else, but us. We can only manifest our godly power according to the role we play in the framework called the Universe. We are all members of God.
Now some parts of God are already conscious of whom they are while the others are still not conscious of it. Whoever is conscious of his godhead, that is the day he/she stops fearing anything. But now it depends on how such person wants to manifest the power of God.

For some, they intentionally want to use their God-power to keep others ignorant and cheat them of their goods and resources. But no conscious part of God can cheat the unconscious part. That's why denominations and religions come into existence. I know I am a part of God and you also know, then I decide to start another denomination where I can enjoy the resources of those who are still ignorant of whom they are rather than remaining under you to pay you tithe and offering. That's too bad.
When atheists say There is no God, they are only saying that God isn't separate from human and they are somehow right and their lives get better for it.

2. We can feel, speak and empathise. God is us manifesting in every ways possible.

3. Our collective power, including the ones we have not discovered yet + the power of the sun, the moon, the ocean currents, tides, gravity, magnetic forces and all energies of the universe sum up to be the power of God.

4. The afterlife, irrespective of your belief, is very very peaceful such that you will not even remember to question and fight back the religious leaders who indoctrinated you. You won't even fight back those who killed you while you were here on earth. You will just be feeling a kind of LOVE. That is where God is concentrated in. When I found myself in one of the afterlives, I lost my fear of death. And if today I don't finish my mission on earth before I die, it's going to be a win-win situation for me, but those who are on earth especially in Africa will have to suffer being enslaved in their minds while on earth as they are already suffering. But then, when they die too, they will smile. But NO, I AM HERE TO MAKE A 'HEAVEN ON EARTH' BY REMOVING FEAR FROM THE MINDS OF THE FEARFUL. Then death and worry will be reduced.
hmmmmmm. Noted.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2017
Another thing I would want to look at is the hypocritical nature in the way people present the way prayers are answered. I observed that people say that after prayer, you must work hard for it to come to pass . If that be the case, then it means that one eventually end up working it out. If indeed you could work it out, why pray in the first place? because it now happens that with or without prayers one must work. So what makes prayer special? What I see are people achieving things that are humanly possible and then attributing their success to prayers. Most of the things sheeples give testimonies about are things that can be replicated by utilising apt knowledge and hard work.

Sheeples are fond of saying "God is not a magician". When they say that, they are using it to escape their inability to believe in the awesome miraculous even though they profess that God is capable of all things. If I may ask, what will you call the separation of the red sea? What will you call Elijah's calling down of fire? What will your call raising of the dead? What will call walking on water? How about an axe head floating? All are miraculous workings that are magical.

Believe me if the story of Moses and the separation of the red sea was not written in the bible and any sheeple was sincere enough to pray to God to separate any of our water bodies in Nigeria for him to pass, many sheeples and their men of God would say things like "don't test God", "God has provided a boat for you", "work it out and build a boat after all, your aim is to cross. God is not a magician." bloody hypocrites angry we have one bible but yet different denominations. I am getting tired of religion and the sheeples.

Johnydon22, hopefulLandlord, donffd, HardMirror, Otemanuduno and other christians in the house.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Ayomivic(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2017
Martinez19:
This is not an attempt to disapprove the existence of God as that is not what this write up is about but to bring to light the various ways in which most christians kid themselves there by turning out be somewhat hypocritical. Those who are familiar with christianity know for sure that the God we believe did promise something spectacular which is to do whatsoever we ask in prayer according to his will. If you believe what you read in the bible, then things like healing, raising the dead, making the disabled whole, just to mention a few, are not supposed to be rare in the church even financial success( the eye catcher). But that's not the case.

We christians know that all these do not happen before our very eyes, we don't see any dead person being raised to life, we don't see amputees being restored and it is not uncommon to hear and SEE prayers being unanswered. Despite this, we christians still believe that God can still do all these things we have never seen him do before our eyes. What is now confusing is that the same christians who believe all this, tend to "come to terms with reality" we things get tough. Eg. A faith healer who claims to heal can be seen going to hospital. What is worse is when this faith healer is not confronted to face the fact that he is a faith healer and should lead by example. We just push that aside.

Still on the faith healer, we christians will see him going to hospital but instead of us to smell a rat, we will start rendering prayers of "may the Lord heal you pastor", "get well soon ijn" . When such a faith healer gets well, the same sheeples (christians) still flood his healing crusade---- looking for what if I may ask? Some pastors will dish out prophecies that failed woefully yet the sheeples will defend him despite the fact that bible says that any prophet that prophecies wrongly is not of God. If I may ask, is that not hypocritical. It is not bad to be a Christian but it is sad when you are not intellectually honest and abandon your thinking faculty.

There is something that makes me laugh, that is seeing a Christian taking the appropriate medicine for an illness and praying on it that God should work through it and heal that same illness in Jesus' name Why pray when you have taken the medicine? Or was the medicine meant to grow beans in your anus? When confronted, such christians will say rubbish to support their actions. Some christians who go to hospital will say that doctors, medicine and surgeries of all kinds are God's miracles already. Okay, what about amputees, those smitten with hiv and terminal illness? We see them die like chickens eventually and I ask, where is God's miracle? The highest thing I have seen religion offer is hope. Hope does no good at times and can't be substituted for certainty.

Many christians will be saying that faith moves mountain but you see them shaking when there is a life threatening situation. What shall we say on how they love to exaggerate things for the workings of God? A baby falls from a tall building and is unhurt, people say God did it but if the baby had died, they say shit happens and may his soul rest in peace . When a church collapsed in Uyo, sheeples on nairaland said of those that died that may they rest in the bosom of the Lord but of those that survived, the same people said God saved them and they should thank God .

I could go on and on about how we like to kid ourselves and how hypocritical christians are but I leave that for your contributions.I even opened a topic asking christians on nairaland to list an irrefutable miracle that God has done for them but they avoided the topic unlike the atheist. Shame. I admit that it is no crime to believe in God but it is sad to be intellectually dishonest.

Johnydon22, Hardmirror, donffd, HopefulLandlord and other christians in the house.

Christianity is not about miracles but about faith in the words of God.

God is not human, he does not think the way we think. Op, let me ask you this ,can you tell us why things happened to people death ,sicknesses and all such of calamities? Don't tell me you don't know
. OK let me tell you some reasons God may not answer prayers

1 His Will ; what brings about what you asked was the bible quote that God said" whatever we ask from him according to his Will he would do it ".you made one point that you yourself does not notice and what was that thing? His will . if it is the will of God that something should done prayer may not be effective in that aspect . for instance It has been written that Christ would suffered and died on the cross that was the will of God even when Jesus praid that the cup should passed him but the will of God should be done. The Will of God was done

2 The purpose of Prayer. We all knows that God did not created us in such a way that we cannot die or fall sick or that calamities can not befall us .he knows we can fall sick that was why he created Herbs for the use of mankind and gave knowledge to make medicine and tp solve some problems by ourselves. Why are you calling God on a problem he has given you power over?

3 faith and Righteous: who are you to call on God, does God know you? Do you have ssomething that entice him to listen to your command? . God must know you to be obedient son before you can say I can raise the death because people believe that God does not listen to sinner. And without Faith you can't performe miracles

4 God knows more than man; some time what we say is wrong may be perfect in the sight of God and what we say is perfect may be wrong in the sight of God, the bible says " the righteous is take away before evil day" who knows if the evil days is coming all we human can see is that he die and we don't want him to depart but God that see into the future knows what is right .

5Christians are not worshiping God because of miracle. We Christians do not serve God for miracles .we know that this place is a training ground ,we are just passing through here to our abode .

6 the God eyes watch over his children: if calamities befell Christians . the first thing to do is self examination. Ask yourself what have I done wrong ? Have I sin? If your mind clean then what you are facing is temptation. Some temptation are temporary some are everlasting .Jesus's temptation was temporary, Job's temptation was temporary but hard .hope you don't forgot the time God gave Abraham son ( Isaac) Paul said he has thorn in his flesh and he had prayed over it but God said his grace is sufficient for him .That of Paul is live time temptation but it does not take faith away from him.

7 God do answer prayer. If you know him ,trust him, obey him. You will see wonder you we performs wander God is working like the olding days it we that does not serve God like the holding days.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Zeddicuz:
The ways of God are unknown to men,i want d OP get tapes of miracle crusades of great healing evangelists like Kathryn kHulman, John G lake, Smiyh Wigglesworth, T L Osborne,E W kenyon And reinhard bonnke.maybe den.u will.umderstand better

so is it right to spend our days worshipping this God whose ways are unknown to us. if he showeth mercy on who he pleases what is the point of Christianity?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 3:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
The logical and critical reasoning of the human mind are things that we can call a great asset. It is always advisable to embrace logic and critical reasoning. Unfortunately, religion discourages that and in christianity, doubt (despite evidence and it's reasonableness) is a sin. If you were not logical and reasoning critically and a respecter of evidence, how would you know who is deceiving you with any sort of doctrine?

These are a list of things, my spiritual mentors and pastors have said in the past that beats my logical and critical reasoning:
1) God was strengthening Paul's heart by letting him persecute christians. angry so that implies God could let one unbeliever kill us like chickens to strengthen his faith for his later call.
2) Because God says he will give you a car on a specific date doesn't mean that it will come on that day. Because the powers of darkness can fight. I ask, is the power of Satan greater than that of God? If God knows his word can't come to pass why speak? angry angry angry
3) God tests us to see who loves him. Why will an all knowing God test people? This doesn't make sense. 4) If after your deliverance God should promise something in two months time through his prophets and it doesn't happen in two months time, don't loose faith.
5) if God says something, and it doesn't come to pass don't worry. He is not a human being like us..... shocked angry
6) if you pray for something, leave it for God don't pray again 'cos it is settled. The same person said again that we should keep on praying and don't stop for God to answer our prayers.

All these they said and nobody noticed but I kept record of these nonsense. One pastor was teaching about faith and he told us that he has prayed to God to heal his eyes so that he stops using glasses. He took off his glasses and said he is no more wearing it. Like play like play, he went back to his glasses some days later and no sheeple noticed it enough to question him. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry

I used to think atheist were bad immoral people as religion painted it but it appears that reverse is the case.

Johnydon22, hopefulLandlord, donffd, HardMirror and Otemanuduno and all christians in the house.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ayomivic:

God is not mankind, he does not think the way we think. Op, let me ask you this ,can you tell us why things happened to people death ,sicknesses and all such of calamities? Don't tell me you don't know . OK

One thing I love in what you wrote
Christianity is not about miracles but God did promise to answer prayers but we don't see that in our churches. Instead we see what I wrote happening. Is it not enough to question God and his doctrines? Why does he not give us a reason and explanation for the supposed and seemingly powerlessness of his word so we know where we stand?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by hopefulLandlord: 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2017
Martinez19:
The logical and critical reasoning of the human mind are things that we can call a great asset. It is always advisable to embrace logic and critical reasoning. Unfortunately, religion discourages that and in christianity, doubt (despite evidence and it's reasonableness) is a sin. If you were not logical and reasoning critically and a respecter of evidence, how would you know who is deceiving you with any sort of doctrine?

These are a list of things, my spiritual mentors and pastors have said in the past that beats my logical and critical reasoning:
1) God was strengthening Paul's heart by letting him persecute christians. angry so that implies God could let one unbeliever kill us like chickens to strengthen his faith for his later call.
2) Because God says he will give you a car on a specific date doesn't mean that it will come on that day. Because the powers of darkness can fight. I ask, is the power of Satan greater than that of God? If God knows his word can't come to pass why speak? angry angry angry
3) God tests us to see who loves him. Why will an all knowing God test people? This doesn't make sense. 4) If after your deliverance God should promise something in two months time through his prophets and it doesn't happen in two months time, don't loose faith.
5) if God says something, and it doesn't come to pass don't worry. He is not a human being like us..... shocked angry
6) if you pray for something, leave it for God don't pray again 'cos it is settled. The same person said again that we should keep on praying and don't stop for God to answer our prayers.

All these they said and nobody noticed but I kept record of these nonsense. One pastor was teaching about faith and he told us that he has prayed to God to heal his eyes so that he stops using glasses. He took off his glasses and said he is no more wearing it. Like play like play, he went back to his glasses some days later and no sheeple noticed it enough to question him. embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry

I used to think atheist were bad immoral people as religion painted it but it appears that reverse is the case.

Johnydon22, hopefulLandlord, donffd, HardMirror and Otemanuduno and all christians in the house.

I like this

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
Martinez19:
Christianity is not about miracles but God did promise to answer prayers but we don't see that in our churches. Instead we see what I wrote happening. Is it not enough to question God and his doctrines? Why does he not give us a reason and explanation for the supposed and seemingly powerlessness of his word so we know where we stand?

I've been following this thread from the beginning... it seems you've made your choice for atheism and i respect people's choices...there is a gap somewhat between Christianity of those days and Christianity of now... only few denominations try to uphold the early church ways... i just want you to avoid limiting Christianity to the churches... especially the stunt loving ones in Nigeria... cheers
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2017
Wilgrea7:

I've been following this thread from the beginning... it seems you've made your choice for atheism and i respect people's choices...there is a gap somewhat between Christianity of those days and Christianity of now... only few denominations try to uphold the early church ways... i just want you to avoid limiting Christianity to the churches... especially the stunt loving ones in Nigeria... cheers
I speak in utmost sincerity. Are my observations not true? Do you not observe as well?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Wilgrea7(m): 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
Martinez19:
I speak in utmost sincerity. Are my observations not true? Do you not observe as well?

majority of the observations are true... and are mostly peculiar to Pentecostal churches.... were you a Pentecostal before?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by NPComplete: 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2017
Martinez19:

This is how modern Christianity operates. It's nothing but a sham. They downplay their losses and play up their gains. If the pastor had truly been healed, u guys won't have heard the last of it. But when the opposite occurs, they quickly pretend as if nothing happened and the compliant followers also develop amnesia just as quickly.
That's why testimonies in churches are tools to perpetuate these scams. A pastor prays for a hundred barren women to receive children for 10 years but nothing happens. Then suddenly one of the women conceives after all these while due to perseverance and visiting skilled physicians who help her with the latest technology and scientific breakthrough. U will hear the pastor screaming on top of his voice and sharing posters of the woman's testimony as if his life depends on it. But no one remembers the 99 other women who probably couldn't access such medical skill due to lack of money or other constraints.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
Wilgrea7:

majority of the observations are true... and are mostly peculiar to Pentecostal churches.... were you a Pentecostal before?
I was catholic but later, at the age of 8, I went to pentecostal churches. That's just it.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Wilgrea7(m): 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
Martinez19:
I was catholic but later, at the age of 8, I went to pentecostal churches. That's just it.

that's nice... i was Pentecostal too... especially in Nigeria, i understand your plight... the Pentecostal churches are so hell bent on miracles and money that majority are painting a really bad image of Christianity... I'm still a Christian... but I'm nondenominational... i was more than just a member... i was once the vp and head usher of my church.. i was in the system and knew how it runs... i heard gists even from those above me... the system isn't very all too “christ-like".... i left mainstream Christianity... somehow.... for the first time... i felt “born again".. i just hope Pentecostal Churches stop making a fool of people and Christianity... especially in Nigeria...wish you success on your new journey.... cheers
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
Interesting thread.

Where is my NL CRUSH, luvmijeje. What can you say?

objections wink
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
Wilgrea7:

that's nice... i was Pentecostal too... especially in Nigeria, i understand your plight... the Pentecostal churches are so hell bent on miracles and money that majority are painting a really bad image of Christianity... I'm still a Christian... but I'm nondenominational... i was more than just a member... i was once the vp and head usher of my church.. i was in the system and knew how it runs... i heard gists even from those above me... the system isn't very all too “christ-like".... i left mainstream Christianity... somehow.... for the first time... i felt “born again".. i just hope Pentecostal Churches stop making a fool of people and Christianity... especially in Nigeria...wish you success on your new journey.... cheers
What makes you a christian?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by 2nioshine(m): 12:01am On Apr 18, 2017
@Op i choose not to quote you directly.

I was once like you but chose not to use my disbelieve to pull away the weak From their faith. If truly you seeks answers to your questions you know where to find one. If Christ was to pick your line of reasoning he would have jumped down From the cross.

You claim to be a christian so What is the doubt about ;are you questioning his powers , words? or his powers in the modern church?

I pray you don't find answers to your questions the hard way. But if it is the will of God, may you get a proof of his power this week and come back here to share.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Martinez19(m): 2:23am On Apr 18, 2017
2nioshine:
@Op i choose not to quote you directly.

I was once like you but chose not to use my disbelieve to pull away the weak From their faith. If truly you seeks answers to your questions you know where to find one. If Christ was to pick your line of reasoning he would have jumped down From the cross.

You claim to be a christian so What is the doubt about ;are you questioning his powers , words? or his powers in the modern church?

I pray you don't find answers to your questions the hard way. But if it is the will of God, may you get a proof of his power this week and come back here to share.
I understand you quite alright. Are my observations not sincere? The foolishness, hypocrisy, deception and wickedness in churches are too fatal for me to remain silent and not voice out. Shall we cover up such menace for the sake of new converts and "weak ones" and allow them to be led astray when I could voice out and let them know what is going on? I don't think so.

Questioning the workings of an organised establishment like religion is not a crime.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by menxer: 6:37am On Apr 18, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Nice write up op. Is it just me or do the number of nl skeptics appear to be increasing

Most Christians/Muslims are hypocrites, even when they look in the mirror they refuse to see their image as it is until a post like this forces them to.
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by Wilgrea7(m): 6:57am On Apr 18, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
What makes you a christian?

I'm a follower of Christ... so i guess i can pass as a Christian... or is there any other definition?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by luvmijeje(f): 7:03am On Apr 18, 2017
adepeter26:
Interesting thread.

Where is my NL CRUSH, luvmijeje. What can you say?

objections wink

The title of the thread should be why do Atheists love kidding themselves?
Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by menxer: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2017
Ayomivic:

God is not human, he does not think the way we think. Op, let me ask you this ,can you tell us why things happened to people death ,sicknesses and all such of calamities? Don't tell me you don't know
. OK let me tell you some reasons God may not answer prayers

1 His Will ; what brings about what you asked was the bible quote that God said" whatever we ask from him according to his Will he would do it ".you made one point that you yourself does not notice and what was that thing? His will . if it is the will of God that something should done prayer may not be effective in that aspect . for instance It has been written that Christ would suffered and died on the cross that was the will of God even when Jesus praid that the cup should passed him but the will of God should be done. The Will of God was done

2 The purpose of Prayer. We all knows that God did not created us in such a way that we cannot die or fall sick or that calamities can not befall us .he knows we can fall sick that was why he created Herbs for the use of mankind and gave knowledge to make medicine and tp solve some problems by ourselves. Why are you calling God on a problem he has given you power over?

3 faith and Righteous: who are you to call on God, does God know you? Do you have ssomething that entice him to listen to your command? . God must know you to be obedient son before you can say I can raise the death because people believe that God does not listen to sinner. And without Faith you can't performe miracles

4 God knows more than man; some time what we say is wrong may be perfect in the sight of God and what we say is perfect may be wrong in the sight of God, the bible says " the righteous is take away before evil day" who knows if the evil days is coming all we human can see is that he die and we don't want him to depart but God that see into the future knows what is right .

5Christians are not worshiping God because of miracle. We Christians do not serve God for miracles .we know that this place is a training ground ,we are just passing through here to our abode .

6 the God eyes watch over his children: if calamities befell Christians . the first thing to do is self examination. Ask yourself what have I done wrong ? Have I sin? If your mind clean then what you are facing is temptation. Some temptation are temporary some are everlasting .Jesus's temptation was temporary, Job's temptation was temporary but hard .hope you don't forgot the time God gave Abraham son ( Isaac) Paul said he has thorn in his flesh and he had prayed over it but God said his grace is sufficient for him .That of Paul is live time temptation but it does not take faith away from him.

7 God do answer prayer. If you know him ,trust him, obey him. You will see wonder you we performs wander God is working like the olding days it we that does not serve God like the holding days.

@bolded, makes nonsense of your argument, if/when a sickness is God's will, why take medication or pray for healing? Meaning taking medication or praying to recover from illnesses is working to nullify the will of God?

Why pray for a child if/when it is the will of God for that couple to be barren?

This admits that God's will is not sacrosanct and can be nullified by a drug, in the case of a sickness, which stands logic on its head.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by menxer: 7:34am On Apr 18, 2017
Martinez19:
Another thing I would want to look at is the hypocritical nature in the way people present the way prayers are answered. I observed that people say that after prayer, you must work hard for it to come to pass . If that be the case, then it means that one eventually end up working it out. If indeed you could work it out, why pray in the first place? because it now happens that with or without prayers one must work. So what makes prayer special? What I see are people achieving things that are humanly possible and then attributing their success to prayers. Most of the things sheeples give testimonies about are things that can be replicated by utilising apt knowledge and hard work.

Sheeples are fond of saying "God is not a magician". When they say that, they are using it to escape their inability to believe in the awesome miraculous even though they profess that God is capable of all things. If I may ask, what will you call the separation of the red sea? What will you call Elijah's calling down of fire? What will your call raising of the dead? What will call walking on water? How about an axe head floating? All are miraculous workings that are magical.

Believe me if the story of Moses and the separation of the red sea was not written in the bible and any sheeple was sincere enough to pray to God to separate any of our water bodies in Nigeria for him to pass, many sheeples and their men of God would say things like "don't test God", "God has provided a boat for you", "work it out and build a boat after all, your aim is to cross. God is not a magician." bloody hypocrites angry we have one bible but yet different denominations. I am getting tired of religion and the sheeples.

Johnydon22, hopefulLandlord, donffd, HardMirror, Otemanuduno and other christians in the house.

The thing is, any super human or super natural event or act done in church or recorded in the bible is a miracle, if done or recorded elsewhere, it is magic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Love Kidding Themselves? by 2nioshine(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2017
menxer:

@bolded, makes nonsense of your argument, if/when a sickness is God's will, why take medication or pray for healing? Meaning taking medication or praying to recover from illnesses is working to nullify the will of God?

Why pray for a child if/when it is the will of God for that couple to be barren?

This admits that God's will is not sacrosanct and can be nullified by a drug, in the case of a sickness, which stands logic on its head.

I Made a complete analysis of this topic, never knew it wasn't sent but here is a summary.

Words From the angry mob/thief during Christ crucification
"You save others From death,why can't you save yourself " guess you would have asked same question

Modified
His ways are not ours. Even his disciples all died painful death when they themselves saved others From it.

I am not really the so pious guy but i will rather tie millstones round my neck and jump into the sea. Than make one these little ones loose faith in their creator. See the scriptures

A lot of things i do not understand, may you reveal them to me as i age in you........ St Augustine of old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(03/09/2017) Praise God / Are You Truly Serving God? / Why Did The Curse Of Adam And Eve Affect Most Of The Other Animals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.