Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,642 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? (815 Views)

3,000 Ondo APC Members Decamp To PDP: 'Hunger, Hardship, APC Like Occult Group' / Is Ambode Paying For The Sin Committed By His Wife? - Opinion / Buhari Appointing Osinbajo As Coordinator Is An Impeachable Offence – Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by NFFGG: 8:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed?

I am not a member of the All Progressive People's Party, APC, neither am I an apologist of the said party in Ondo State. But as a patriot, a progressive, a concerned citizen of this state, I can't just hide my feelings over some recent federal appointments made so far by President Muhammadu Buhari led administration whereby people from Ondo State were not included or being marginalised.

From the very day president Buhari started releasing some appointments the moment he assumed office as the president of Nigeria, Ondo State APC has been suffering from appointment peripheral and the party had suffered a major set back in getting their wallet share of federal appointment under President Buhari despite their contribution to the victory of the party in the last presidential election that took place across the country in 2015.

It all started from the appointment of a minister. Ondo State did not make the first list even as one of the oil producing states in Nigeria, contributing 70% revenues of this country. When such appointment was eventually made, our state was treated as being insignificant. The president gave us a junior minister who does not have any power to unilaterally take decision affecting his ministry. Prof Daramola Omoyele was appointed as minister of state for the ministry of Niger Delta - a ministry that still has a substantive minister in charge of the day to day administration of the ministry.

As if Ondo State committed an offence, we were recently omitted from the list of career ambassadorial nominees with the excuse that our dear sunshine state did not have a qualified indigene in the federal civil service that could be appointed as career ambassador. If not for the rumpus and agitations of other few affected states, the president wouldn't have reopened the chapter of reconsidering politicians for such important positions.

Just two weeks ago, the president appointed board members for agencies and parastatals, over 25 agencies and parastatals were affected, no single member of Ondo State APC was included in all the appointment made. Nobody from Ondo state, whether politician, Civil servant or technocrat was able to make the list either by luck or appointment error.

What offence has Ondo State APC committed? I hereby use this medium to appeal to the leaders of the party in Ondo State especially the executive governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu to do something urgently by visiting the president in Abuja to address this political imbalance appointment. This lopsidedness must be corrected before all vacancies are filled.

I so advised.

Olumide Akinrinlola writes from Akure, Ondo State.
Re: Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by obonujoker(m): 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
Shey Buhari je gege bi eyon gidi

1 Like

Re: Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by NFFGG: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
but why the marginalisation when people of Ondo State actually voted him as president.

the leaders in Ondo State should wake up. they must visit Abuja and talk the talk. pmb is not God.
Re: Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by NFFGG: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
if it continues like this, I don't think APC can get any votes from Ondo State people come 2019
Re: Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by Mintek: 2:36am On Apr 16, 2017
NFFGG:
Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed?

I am not a member of the All Progressive People's Party, APC, neither am I an apologist of the said party in Ondo State. But as a patriot, a progressive, a concerned citizen of this state, I can't just hide my feelings over some recent federal appointments made so far by President Muhammadu Buhari led administration whereby people from Ondo State were not included or being marginalised.

From the very day president Buhari started releasing some appointments the moment he assumed office as the president of Nigeria, Ondo State APC has been suffering from appointment peripheral and the party had suffered a major set back in getting their wallet share of federal appointment under President Buhari despite their contribution to the victory of the party in the last presidential election that took place across the country in 2015.

It all started from the appointment of a minister. Ondo State did not make the first list even as one of the oil producing states in Nigeria, contributing 70% revenues of this country. When such appointment was eventually made, our state was treated as being insignificant. The president gave us a junior minister who does not have any power to unilaterally take decision affecting his ministry. Prof Daramola Omoyele was appointed as minister of state for the ministry of Niger Delta - a ministry that still has a substantive minister in charge of the day to day administration of the ministry.

As if Ondo State committed an offence, we were recently omitted from the list of career ambassadorial nominees with the excuse that our dear sunshine state did not have a qualified indigene in the federal civil service that could be appointed as career ambassador. If not for the rumpus and agitations of other few affected states, the president wouldn't have reopened the chapter of reconsidering politicians for such important positions.

Just two weeks ago, the president appointed board members for agencies and parastatals, over 25 agencies and parastatals were affected, no single member of Ondo State APC was included in all the appointment made. Nobody from Ondo state, whether politician, Civil servant or technocrat was able to make the list either by luck or appointment error.

What offence has Ondo State APC committed? I hereby use this medium to appeal to the leaders of the party in Ondo State especially the executive governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu to do something urgently by visiting the president in Abuja to address this political imbalance appointment. This lopsidedness must be corrected before all vacancies are filled.

I so advised.

Olumide Akinrinlola writes from Akure, Ondo State.

Ogbeni stop being delusional by thinking Buhari cares a hoot about you or your state...he doesn't even know you exist.

...better take your cry to Tinubu who sold you into servitude.

Eni awi fun, oba je o gbo.
Re: Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by Mintek: 2:43am On Apr 16, 2017
NFFGG:
if it continues like this, I don't think APC can get any votes from Ondo State people come 2019

Appointment or no appointment, the truth is that having successfully sold Buhari as an infallible god to the gullible people, he will make it a clean sweep of votes from most SouthWest states were he to run again in 2019.

Tinubu himself knows this, hence his continued loyalty to Buhari even in the face of obvious ridicule and mal-treatment.

May God open the eyes of the people.
Re: Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by rfnextar(m): 2:57am On Apr 16, 2017
hmmm
Re: Appointment : What Offence Has Ondo APC Committed? by Atiku2019: 3:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Mtscheew

(1) (Reply)

Say No To Unity Begging / Biafra: To Leave Or Not To Leave / Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.