Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi (43414 Views)

Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Emir Sanusi Took His Family To Cinema In UK (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Ichietome: 2:13pm On Apr 17, 2017
megareal:

You still don't get it, do you? First, make up your mind whether I'm an irrational feminist or just sadistic and cruel.

I still maintain you are a bigot. The fact that I don't side with your sympathetic view on the boy does not give you the right to label me.

Moreover, I'm all for self defense. I don't care which way it blows. My father told us something profound "don't go looking for trouble, but when it comes face it with everything you've got irrespective of who it is. Because the trouble maker will keep preying on you and will never give up until you react". I've experienced that truth all through my young life.

And in this regard, the greatest compliment I can give myself is that I'm a very level headed female who treats others as I want to be treated. But don't cross the line cos I'm female, simple.

I think you are yet to meet very strong females who can take on anything, that's why you reason that we all play the victim card.
Bruce Lee, female version.
Sorry for you
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by lovedad222: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
Nonsense, so what was the moral lesson for his daughter's taking laws into her hands to assault her classmate? What about warning the erring young man not to do it again instead of rendering a slap and getting away with it.
do you sense in your head
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by DeRay98(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
lonelydora:
Emir should abide by all the laws of Islam and stop all these modern way of thinking. He shouldn't serve tow masters at the same time. Well, do I blame him? After all, one yoruba king goes to church every other Sunday holding bible in one hand and a fetish staff in the other hand.

The kind of islamic laws that make northern Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Etc, a disgrace and shame to humanity?
What kind of law do they have in UAE, Malaysia, Singapore and others? Not Islamic?
Backward dey sweet una sha?
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ichietome:

So what if the reverse was the case,? Will that justify the boy for slapping her?

YES! It would justify it... if any girl hits me deliberately I can slap her in return. Bottom line - nobody should hit anybody.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by DeRay98(m): 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Like I asked, what if it was a guy that punches a lady because she used her finger to push him on his forehead? Is that one also justified?

If a girl slaps a guy, feminists will say he should walk away. But if a guy slaps a lady, you irrational and sadistic feminists will cry blue murder, in fact, you will HAIL the lady if she reacts by using an object to hit him. Maka why?

I'm sure you have been coming across the word "bigot" without knowing what it means. Please, help yourself with Google.

Your opinion isn't that of a feminist but that of a sadistic and confused lady that is aligned with the Naija brand of feminism. Defending yourself is GOOD but I hope your father won't cry blue murder when your self defence go haywire?

I'm sure you will land a guy on the street that provokes you a heavy slap, please, don't play victim card when he reacts with greater measure.

Being a female is no licence for irresponsible behavior.

You just dey form with all the grammar here.
Bullies start small and as they succeed they grow bolder and more daring.
As a male during primary and early secondary school days, I had to show to some of my classmates that being a quiet and easy-going boy is not weakness.
On a few occasions even my friends tried to bully me because they thought I couldn't hurt a fly.
And each time, i did the unthinkable. After trying to avoid confrontation by attempting to walking away from tense situation, each time i was pushed around. My strikes always came without a warning afterwards and it was debilitating.
I know where, when and how to throw a punch with such a speed and surprised that the target usually neutralized.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Ichietome: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
NubiLove:

YES! It would justify it... if any girl hits me deliberately I can slap her in return. Bottom line - nobody should hit anybody.
But am certain it wouldn't go down with her father if that was the case. Moreover, if that happened, these lesbian feminists over here would be crying foul
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Ichietome: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
NubiLove:

BTW, thanks for affirming that am in my right to beat any lady who lays a hand on me. Especially these feminists that are quick to become physical in an argument. Walking away is no longer an option
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Misterdhee1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
Olasco93:
Tiri gbosa for Sanusi. He's always making sense back-to-back.
I don't even know who to choose among these two, whether Sanusi or Fayose.
U are dull. How can you even make mention of Fayose abd Sanusi in the same line? Jeez!
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Ichietome: 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
NubiLove:

But am certain it wouldn't go down with her father if that was the case. Moreover, if that happened, these lesbian feminists over here would be crying foul
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by joliyp(f): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2017
freshdill:

Wat the... u just made me spilled my coffee, u pple wont kill me wit laff.
really? i slapd hm 4 doin that....in return i got double
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by joliyp(f): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2017
ontruth:
it depends, besides every girl is not meant to be like you.no be una talk say what men do una fit do it even better
am nt like dat
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by ontruth(m): 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
joliyp:
am nt like dat
I pray you're not but don't allow people to dance on your rights and also don't just slap a man for no good reason.some men need to be slap sense into them when you see some of the things they do to ladies.Even me a guy sometimes defend some girls actions towards some guys.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Ayatullah(m): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
Emir Muhammed Sanusi II has forgotten that he was given his staff of office by the Governor of his state. All this his 'Shakara' will simply come to an end when the ceremonial staff of office is retrieved from him. Shikena.

Let him send his daughter to Ajegunle to slap a fellow female not even a boy. She will come back to Kano and her father will not be able to recognise her again.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
megareal:

I hope you understand this guy was a class bully? That's how he would graduate from pushing their foreheads to taking their lunch and finally beating them up. Bullies make people cower not because they are strong but because they pretend to be. When you react, it stops . I'm sure that boy never did that rubbish to the girls again.

Unfortunately, bigots like you tend to call every woman who has an independent opinion feminist. My father taught me to defend myself. I owe nobody an apology for being strong.
I seem to agree.

1 Like

Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by kaboninc(m): 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2017
Interesting!

One could argue that there's no moral justification but in a way, the only way to defeat a bully is by being one.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by kaboninc(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
megareal:

I hope you understand this guy was a class bully? That's how he would graduate from pushing their foreheads to taking their lunch and finally beating them up. Bullies make people cower not because they are strong but because they pretend to be. When you react, it stops . I'm sure that boy never did that rubbish to the girls again.

Unfortunately, bigots like you tend to call every woman who has an independent opinion feminist. My father taught me to defend myself. I owe nobody an apology for being strong.

Men.. .so scary.. .

Is that why you're 'mega'?
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ichietome:

BTW, thanks for affirming that am in my right to beat any lady who lays a hand on me. Especially these feminists that are quick to become physical in an argument. Walking away is no longer an option

If a woman hits me then it is common sense for her to expect me to hit back before walking away. That is equality... same way I would act with a man.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by cytell56: 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
AdoraAmadi:
Emir of Kano and former CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who once said that those who think he's a problem, should wait for his children, has disclosed why he supported his daughter, Shaheeda who represented him at the BBOG movement’s third anniversary lecture for missing Chibok girls in Abuja last Friday, when he slapped a boy.

By her own account at the Transcorp-Hilton Hotel venue of the event, Shaheeda said that she just became the first female in northern Nigeria to represent an Emir at a formal event.

While she appeared to have some inkling about the criticism that was bound to trail the development, and her not so conventional or inadequate use of the veil, her father’s video message that introduced her as a rather strange child took some members of the audience by surprise.

“Let me tell you something about the young lady who is going to read my speech. When she was in Form 3, I remember an incident that is probably relevant for today. Her mother came to me and said: ‘You need to talk to your daughter’ and I asked her: ‘Why?’ “She said: ‘Your daughter slapped a boy in school’.

It is a bit strange so, I called Shaheeda and said: ‘Shaheeda, I heard that you slapped a boy in school. Why did you do it?’ “Then she said: ‘Dad, that boy has no respect for women’.

So, I asked her exactly what she meant by that. It turned out that one day, during prep in the afternoon, in full class, the boy had come to her, and put his finger to her forehead and pushed it backwards, and he was in the habit of doing it to all the girls in the class.
She had said nothing apparently and waited until the next day. She walked into the prep class late, the whole class was full, and she walked up to him, slapped him, and said: ‘That was for yesterday’.

So, long before we started talking about marriage and talking about whether when your husband slaps you, you should slap him back, Shaheeda had decided for herself that she would not take abuse, she would not take insult and she would not be disrespected by any man,” the Emir stated in the video message shortly before his daughter, Shaheeda read a prepared text.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/why-my-daughter-got-my-support-after.html

Clap for yourself!!!
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by kristian98(m): 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
joliyp:
he kissed me jor
lmao. Would like to hear more. Am sure you felt like you were in heaven?? cheesy
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Olabenayo(m): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2017
Is this emir using his sense at all Shaheeda should coman try that in afonja land...
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by megareal: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You see that your own definition betrays you? Nowhere did I show any sign of intolerance of your views. I only faulted your position, which every sane mind will consider as pathetic and flawed.

You are now shifting from the physical combat to "something beyond it"... Confusion my Dear!

Like I said, be prepared for any consequence if you insist on the irresponsible path of taking laws into your hands and responding to every aggression without recourse to appropriate measures.

Hope your day is going well?

No it doesn't. You showed intolerance by straightaway calling me a confused feminist. You wouldn't have labelled me if you had understood that I have a right to my views and that not agreeing with you doesn't make me irrational and confused. I wouldn't even have replied if you hadn't exposed that bigotry. Apparently, only bigots would fault my position as pathetic and flawed. A sane mind would view it, consider and maybe give me the benefit of the doubt if he can't really understand where I'm coming from. So I still maintain, you are a bigot. cool.

Like it or not, there are very many ways to treat fcckups, fight or no fight. You have forgotten involving the law is one of them,.....figure out the rest.

My day is going very well.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by augustine: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
Nonsense, so what was the moral lesson for his daughter's taking laws into her hands to assault her classmate? What about warning the erring young man not to do it again instead of rendering a slap and getting away with it.

Modified
I repeat, what moral lessons would he be teaching other young girls with such remarks about his daughter's action?
What if the guy had retaliated her slap?

I am expecting the Emir of Kano to tender an apology for making such remarks in public or better still retract his statement.

He should also openly condemn actions such as bullying and people taking laws into their hands in retaliation
I hope he will also endorse his daughter in-law slapping his son (the crown prince) when that happens; in the name of 'not disrespecting women.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by joliyp(f): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2017
kristian98:

lmao. Would like to hear more. Am sure you felt like you were in heaven?? cheesy
he kissed real good
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by joliyp(f): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
ontruth:
I pray you're not but don't allow people to dance on your rights and also don't just slap a man for no good reason.some men need to be slap sense into them when you see some of the things they do to ladies.Even me a guy sometimes defend some girls actions towards some guys.
at least u kn the truth
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by megareal: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
kaboninc:

Men.. .so scary.. .

Is that why you're 'mega'?

Nope. grin
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by goodnews777: 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:

Modified
I repeat, what moral lessons would he be teaching other young girls with such remarks about his daughter's action?
What if the guy had retaliated her slap?

I am expecting the Emir of Kano to tender an apology for making such remarks in public or better still retract his statement.
He should also openly condemn actions such as bullying and people taking laws into their hands in retaliation

This emir knows what he is talking about. IF you have a daughter, you won't want her to become a punching bag. Yet someone
Is craving for a religious right to freely beat up women. IF it's wickedness, God has no hand in it. A slap helps an idiot to memorize and reframe from wrong doing.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Origin(f): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
People will bleat because it is normal for girls to receive abuse and never give abuse.

At that occasion and in that space, Sanusi was trying to encourage girl child empowerment (BBOG forum).

That was in secondary school and this young lady would have found better ways to resolve conflict. Even her father and mother did not approve, but he stated it to give courage.

By the way, what's good for the geese is good for the gander, do unto others as you would be done onto. Dont reason the boy's actions away if you cannot reason the girl's actions away too.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by kaboninc(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2017
megareal:

Nope. grin

smiley smiley wink
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by Laple0541(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
Oga Emir, I'm sure the boy your daughter slap was a dull boy, she dare not try that with bad boys in the school then, even you as a father should have told her to report cases of such to her teachers instead of taking laws into her hands.
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by freshdill(m): 4:36am On Apr 18, 2017
joliyp:
really? i slapd hm 4 doin that....in return i got double

Oh... i misunderstood, i tot u gave him the slap n he return it back wit a kiss. Well going by ur dp i think u deserve far more a kiss. U deserve to be treated like an angel that u are, i couldn't help but pay more than a passing glance at ur dp yesterday and i luv wat i saw if dat is truly u. I wud hav luv to send u a pm rightaway but u ain't connected, so i will ask u here n now. I luv u frm the very 1st time i saw ur pix, can we be frenz n get to knw each oda pleease?
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by mikolo80: 4:36am On Apr 18, 2017
Sinmi53:
dis man is a modernist,reformer and too liberal for dis post.....i hope he his not assassinated sha....he needs to take things slowly and thread carefully
like a coward ba
Re: Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi by ontruth(m): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2017
joliyp:
at least u kn the truth
Only the truth can set us free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / Why Aren't Somali Woman In Hollywood????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.