Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,302 members, 7,957,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) (74157 Views)

Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time / Simple Steps To Cook A Sweet Egusi Soup / Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by brightalo17: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
londoner:

No they actually do have egusi soup it's just not as popular. They call it skates nkwan or Agushi soup.
You don't know what you're saying there is nothing like Agwushi soup here in Ghana they use the Egusi seed to prepare kotomiri soup,like I said before is only Nigerians that Cook Egusi soup in Ghana.

You can never walk into any normal Ghana restaurant,chop bar or even hotels and expect to eat Egusi soup,unless na naija guys around there are asking for it then the management just decided to give it based on popular demand which is highly rare.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Deilluminator(m): 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
mrmrmister:
Nigerians pay more attention to trivial matters like "egusi soup" while the nation is wasting away.

What a Country!!!!!
What should we do? Jump all over the streets of Nigeria? So the problem don reach level wey person no go fit joke again!!! Na wa o
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
ramdris:
Frankly ehn, If am the President of Nigeria I would have declared war on Ghana for calling this watery stool "egusi". It's an act of war comparing our precious egusi with this.

Take a closer look at the pics of real Egusi soup below and see why we should go to war. #na9jagetEgusi.. grin

Btw: Seun, Lalasticlala or any mod should move this to FP ASAP cos our national security is under severe threat... The world needs to see how Ghana is looking for trouble o! (In trump's voice)
God.money sweet o.one to sun owo l'o paa.my mouth don dey salivate me.make person dey chop did kain thing everyday,ow im no go take fresh.my wife must sabi dis kain food cook o.
Naija girls dem,say dem wan marry me o,sure say dem sabi cook egusi soup and iyan.
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by JastSiryin(m): 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
Wondering from d pic if d person who served d soup just dipped d bowl inside d pot...just look at how messy it is lol
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by aribisala0(m): 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana na out of dis world....

Egusi, jollof.. Dem win us for one tin. Their babes dey get bums like people of Bakassi.
Rivalry?
With Ghana?
On top what?
Guy you get fever?
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Olokun17: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
I once saw grass cutter soup on a menu in Ghana and I rushed to order with a plate of fufu. Was surprised when dey brought a big bowl of watery soup and the fufu is like trying to shoot catapult. Nigeria is great. The next 3 star hotel I visited, their egusi was mixed with egg without pepper.
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by UncutSk(m): 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
twisteddaNy:

towel?? sad
AFO anu
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by BALLOSKI: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
ramdris:
Frankly ehn, If am the President of Nigeria I would have declared war on Ghana for calling this watery stool "egusi". It's an act of war comparing our precious egusi with this.

Take a closer look at the pics of real Egusi soup below and see why we should go to war. #na9jagetEgusi.. grin

Btw: Seun, Lalasticlala or any mod should move this to FP ASAP cos our national security is under severe threat... The world needs to see how Ghana is looking for trouble o! (In trump's voice)
you just got me salivating
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by mywells: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
Ghanian don't eat egusi unless the ones in Nigeria,this write up is fake.they prepare well meaning food and consume that day.most Ghanian soup come liquid with different ingredients,eaten with pounded fufuoh

4 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Crieff(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
Are you sure they didn't rinse their hands inside this soup?

Looks like what remains after 100 people wash their egusi stained hands.

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Baroba(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
I lived with Ghanaians during my student days, their food ain't appetising at all.. from light soup to banku.
Even the waakye( so) Run town was yapping about na common rice and beans.. Nothing special..
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by LePrezident(m): 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
Very funny and uninformed comments. I hope y'all know there's nothing like Ghanaian egusi soup or stew. Egusi is predominantly Nigerian. This is not jollof wars, so y'all who are ready to start egusi wars are just fighting yourselves.

5 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by aribisala0(m): 7:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
mywells:
Ghanian don't eat egusi unless the ones in Nigeria,this write up is fake.they prepare well meaning food and consume that day.most Ghanian soup come liquid with different ingredients,eaten with pounded fufuoh
Pounded fufuoh? Are you sure? I thought it was usually eaten with boiled fufuoh
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Just30: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2017
Olokun17:
I once saw grass cutter soup on a menu in Ghana and I rushed to order with a plate of fufu. Was surprised when dey brought a big bowl of watery soup and the fufu is like trying to shoot catapult. Nigeria is great. The next 3 star hotel I visited, their egusi was mixed with egg without pepper.
it's called melons seed with egg. what is egusi?
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Bollinger(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
ramdris:

Just because you are not used it abi? Soon you'll say the chinese should stop making fried rice.
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by orjaha(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
do u really call this trash egunsi soup? this one here is what we should call omo obe not even stew.
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by gnykelly(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
verygudbadguy:
The rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana na out of dis world....

Egusi, jollof.. Dem win us for one tin. Their babes dey get bums like people of Bakassi.

maybe you never see Yoruba girls.
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by AbuEzeFemi(m): 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
hmmm

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by repogirl(f): 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2017
That soup doesnt look sexy at all. Barfs! embarassed

It should be called Ghanian dysentry soup, not egusi soup.

2 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by londoner: 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2017
360command:
dude, I know your spellings is wrong but I do get wat u mean, skates nkwan is groundnut soup and they call egusi, agushi stew not agushi soup.

Well at least you know what I meant. My point was that you guys have egusi soup you just call it something else and make it differently.

2 Likes

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by londoner: 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
Baroba:
I lived with Ghanaians during my student days, their food ain't appetising at all.. from light soup to banku.
Even the waakye( so) Run town was yapping about na common rice and beans.. Nothing special..

I love fufu and light soup man. I agree about waakye and banku though, not feeling those dishes. I like shito and the way they do their grilled fish and fresh pepper sauce too.

The egusi shown in pic does not look nice at all, I have to be honest but then ogbono soup looks nasty to those that don't know it's deliciousness lol

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by lilyheaven: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
twisteddaNy:

towel?? sad
Where are u from? U v not heard about towel, what about round about, it's so tasty.
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by lilyheaven: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2017
twisteddaNy:

towel?? sad
Where are u from? U v not heard about towel, what about round about, it's so tasty. grin
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by bennybaba(m): 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
Even their malt belike blood tonic bottle.. .#wack people
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Littlefish(f): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2017
They are on the way give them time ,they will learn to cook egusi soup proper.
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by twisteddaNy(m): 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
lilyheaven:

Where are u from? U v not heard about towel, what about round about, it's so tasty.

Lol okay I know round about.....the towel thing is still confusing tho
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Noble855: 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2017
That's rubbish
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by AlphaStyles(m): 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
looks like poo but op

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by ikorodureporta: 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
Dis post jst let my pattern of egusi dey hungri me. No b all thoz fake one wey i dey eat for campus...
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Litmus: 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2017
Seems as if Ghana exist primarily to nick Nigeria peoples' cultural heritage. Why don't they at least compete with India (India is another one for cultural appropriations) in nicking other people cultural achievements? Try Ghana Curry, Ghana Tikka Masala, etc at least this serves some use to Africa. While we are at it why not African ocean instead of Indian ocean?
Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by sweetilicious(f): 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
DullardBuhari:
after I finished eating Ghana Egusi soup
You are not serious

1 Like

Re: See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) by Sike(m): 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2017
Best Delicacy ever!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How to Make Egusi Soup / Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat / See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.