Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,118 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97880 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:46am On Aug 31, 2017
Deeping her hand into a side bag, she brought out a small bottle, broke the seal and gave it to Khen. “Drink and apply it to the wounds, it will stop the bleeding and dull the pains. I have to go see to Gamba, he looked really hurt. “
The three Muk-Anolis stood together, facing the hired guards who had come around, Jarrael was standing up and shaking the dizziness out of his head, from the quick kick the Muk-Anolis had given to him when it jumped over him to come face the new threat. The guards all stood, fear on their faces and indecision stalling their limbs. Just then the biggest of the Muk-Anolis snarled at the other two, then uttered low hiss and several bits of short click sounds. It all looked like it was communicating with the other two and giving them instructions. As it finished with the short clicks, the two Lizard men with a loud hiss attacked the standing guards.
The hired guards were caught with unprepared , they couldn’t raise any form of defense at the surprise, shock and fear of what they have seen paralyzed them. The two Muk-Anolis cut into them like a storm. Their blades and claws slashing with bodies dropping on the ground offering no resistance being petrified with fear.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by jupitre(m): 5:46am On Aug 31, 2017
Wow...Magnificient..More grace to you Apollo
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:50am On Aug 31, 2017
“Hey shake your self from the fear now or you all will be slain. “ Jarrael screamed to the men as they just stood there being cut down relentlessly by the creatures. Just then one of the Muk-Anolis dropped its sword grabbed one of the guards with its two hands lifted him off the ground, opening its mouth wide it bit down on the man. Its razor sharp toothed mouth clamp down on the head and shoulders of the man, with a crunch sound and two twist of its head, the upper torso and head of the man disappeared. The Muk-Anolis chewed with relish at the head and part of the chest of its victim. The bloody stump of the remaining part of the body was a gore spewing out a fountain of blood that sprayed on the face of the creature. It pulled out its forked tongue, chewing slowly at the head and chest it just devoured and leaking the spraying blood with obvious relish.
The gruesome display seem to have struck the guards an awaking blow. “Hey are you men or scared whores. Come on wake up and take your defensive pose. “ Someone that seem to be their captain shouted. The rally call worked, the guards picked up their weapons and took on a battle stance before the creatures. “Block formation. Shield and spears to the fore. “ The captain said again. Quickly, they rearranged, with twin line of shields on each other covered the rest in a semi circular form posed before the Muk-Anolis.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:56am On Aug 31, 2017
The Muk-Anolis dove ahead into the defensive line, their weapons swinging, slashing apart the metal shields and flesh with equal ease. Within heartbeats the defensive line was scattered with torn limbs, decapitated bodies and shattered shields thrown everywhere on the ground. Still the defenders did the best to continue to hold on.
Jarrael jumped into the melee, going for the one with the twin blade, as he engaged the Muk-Anolis, it’s attention was diverted to him. One of the guard came from behind and stabbed at the creature with a spear. The spear bounced off the silver colored covered area of its body. Before the man or Jarrael could react, a backward slash took the man’s head from his body so fast that the eyes on the severed head continued to blink after it hit the ground.
Without thinking, Jarrael scimitars flashed one after the other hitting the body armor of the creature. The first strike cracked the armor, widening the former one on it. The second hit slashed the armor completely into two, the upper part falling off the creature’s body. Just one more cut and this beast is history, Jarrael thought. But before he could take another step, the Muk-Anolis hissed jump over him, knocked off the three other hired guards that came to intercept it and ran into the desert. The second one followed on its heels. They ran too swiftly even for horses to catch up.
“What just happened? “ Someone in the few number of men around asked.
“They just ran away as if something chased them. “ someone else put in. “I saw that man cracked open one of them’s armor. That could be it. “ The speaker said pointing at Jarrael.
“I don’t think that is the reason they ran off. “ Jarrael corrected. “They are the Muk-Anolis, they don’t stay out in the open during the day. “

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 6:22am On Aug 31, 2017
Those beast can not be allow to go,follow them nd kill them all

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Just then everyone around noticed that they can now see each other properly without the fire light. The sky was already getting lighten up from the sun’s rising. Jarrael’s heart almost sank as he looked around, dead bodies were scattered about. Most of them the baron’s special guards but in almost equal numbers too were the hired guards for the caravan. That numbers would have been a lot lesser if not for the Muk-Anolis.
Just then Raffus walked towards him in a rich red satin robe embroidered with silver. It was here Jarrael realized that the caravan leader is a short pudgy man.
“A sad episode this is, but fortunately we survived, won and chase the bandits away. “ The merchant said, waving a hand behind him, he continued. “Another good news is that the caravan was not raided, so all of our goods are still intact. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Jarrael almost burned with anger then, when he realized the merchant was only concerned about the state of his materials and didn’t even spare a care for the men lost. But he was too tired even for that. Besides he is a merchant who believes he has paid handsomely for protection and the hired hands already know the risk involved in the job. So he should be happy nothing happened to his goods.
Some of the hired mercenaries were already going around looking over the bodies on the ground. Separating the dead ones from the injured. Then killing those of the enemies that still lives, there is no room for taking prisoners.
Searching for members of his group, he saw Khen moving with a limp, his clothes stained with blood. Thrace was just sitting on the ground his shoulders jerking as if in continuous sobbing. Further from them, he saw his sister bent over the unmoving body of the negro giant. Jarrael got worried, sheathing his scimitars, he ran to meet them.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2017
“Gamba is seriously injured, if I don’t attend to him fast, we may loose him. “ Meera said to him with serious concern. “The slashes on his chest are deep, I tried stopping the bleeding but it didn’t work because the wounds appeared poisoned. “
“Is there anything you can do for him? “
“I have a strong antidote that will negate the effects of the poison. But it won’t be enough. “
“Why not Meera? “
“I may stop the effects of the poison, but the wounds are already terminal. So we will need a healing salve. “
Jarrael opened one of the pouch at his side, pulled out a bottle and handed it over to her. “Use this, I think it is potent enough for your need. “
“Nice, Kez. “ Meera said with a crooked smile. “You must be high on expense account if you can afford healing salve for use on someone besides your self or me. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
Smiling a bit, he replied. “Well I’m not about to give account to anyone. “
Just then he remembered that something has been hitting his mind for a while, trying to get it now but it slipped his grasp. He looked down as Meera carefully applied the healing salve to the wounds. She had succeeded in stemming the blood then applying the salve to the deep wounds. As the salve was applied the wound began to heal and close. Within heartbeats, the wounds closed leaving just scars that after some time will be another of old battle marks on his body. As the healing process continued, Gamba fell into a deep sleep. Just then Khen came back to them, his bloody clothes replaced with a clean one. Thrace was still sitting apart, lamenting in low voice. Just then it hit him, Jarrael remembered what had been lurking at the back of his mind.
“ Khen, quickly come with me. “ He said to the Kyaki,but left others alone as Meera was attending to Gamba and Thrace was just out of touch. Together they ran to where their horses were tethered. Jarrael looked at the pack horse, where the trunk with the relics were kept and his worst fear was realized. The trunk was missing.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
Apollux:
Smiling a bit, he replied. “Well I’m not about to give account to anyone. “
Just then he remembered that something has been hitting his mind for a while, trying to get it now but it slipped his grasp. He looked down as Meera carefully applied the healing salve to the wounds. She had succeeded in stemming the blood then applying the salve to the deep wounds. As the salve was applied the wound began to heal and close. Within heartbeats, the wounds closed leaving just scars that after some time will be another of old battle marks on his body. As the healing process continued, Gamba fell into a deep sleep. Just then Khen came back to them, his bloody clothes replaced with a clean one. Thrace was still sitting apart, lamenting in low voice. Just then it hit him, Jarrael remembered what had been lurking at the back of his mind.
“ Khen, quickly come with me. “ He said to the Kyaki,but left others alone as Meera was attending to Gamba and Thrace was just out of touch. Together they ran to where their horses were tethered. Jarrael looked at the pack horse, where the trunk with the relics were kept and his worst fear was realized. The trunk was missing.

WTF is missing?

This na serious gobe
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Na woh,after the good fight,what they where fighting for was gone....a useless trip the undertake them
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
Lol, so who do u guys think took the trunk? Well any idea? (though I already answered it in my coming updates)
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2017
Apollux:
Lol, so who do u guys think took the trunk? Well any idea? (though I already answered it in my coming updates)
How are we supposed to know!? Am not telepathic!!

Release d update make we know sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by larride(m): 4:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
update more.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Afz9095(m): 4:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
Apollux:
Ruel?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hahahahaha...that's the fun part. The clue is there, if you go through the story again you will see it.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2017
Afz9095:
Ruel?
No it can't be Ruel, he is hundreds of miles away. Besides the relics are imune to magical transport (teleportation)
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by pnet22: 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
This movies is HOT sorry this story line is hot. Thank God am not going to the office tomorrow i must follow you bumba to bumba and your pass mark is 10 over 10.Next update plssssss
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
it should be sumair
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
Ultimategeneral:
it should be sumair
Same with Ruel, they are both far from Jarrael and his group. C'mon the answer is so simple.. .staring at you in the face grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
The relics are missing ke...

Lemme track it with my computers and satellites

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2017
what of raffus? he could have hidden it for himself
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
cyber5(m), Cyberrex(m), Whiydhee(m), donkelz (m)

comman help me find the relics
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
cyber5:
cyber5(m),
Cyberrex(m), Whiydhee(m), donkelz
(m)

comman help me find the relics

**riding Philip(my horse) with all my strength**

unholster my double barrel shotgun, loads it and dropped my cigar, readjust my hat and my monocle, puff d smoke

"What I'm I suppose to do bro, where do we head to?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by cyber5(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
Cyberrex:

**riding Philip(my horse) with all my strength**

unholster my double barrel shotgun, loads it and dropped my cigar, readjust my hat and my monocle, puff d smoke

"What I'm I suppose to do bro, where do we head to?"

lets get those muk-anolis
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by mirej(m): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
Apollux, this is great man. Thanks for the daily update. I think the trunk was hidden by the dark giant
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cyberrex(m): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
cyber5:

lets get those muk-anolis
aye aye captain
**kicks Philip**
"Hyaah"

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2017
Apollux:
I suspect the merchant
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
if it's not the merchant then its the special guards of trihki. i hope i got the spellings correct
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
the muk-anolis were engaged in battle so their possibility of them taking it is ruled out
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
“A sad episode this is, but fortunately we survived, won and chase the bandits away. “ The merchant said, waving a hand behind him, he continued. “Another good news is that the caravan was not raided, so all of our goods are still intact
i think this is where lies the answer! the merchant took it for himself .
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2017
"Curiosser Curiosser" like Alice said in Alice in Wonderland. Nice try everyone, at least it's fun to see everyone guessing. Wish I had a prize to put up for who guessed correctly. Anyway, let me load the next update with the answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.