Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97571 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:24am On Sep 08, 2017
Jarrael was slightly surprised because this in a way goes against every evidence he thought he had garnered. “Where has he gone to? “
“From the little information I have , the baron left Aram three days ago in the company of the rest of his special guards. “ Ruel rested better on the soft multi colored pillows around him.. “What I learnt is that they travelled light and swift. They were headed to the region of Dayir to meet with someone. “
“Someone? “
“Yes that someone, I believe to be the one who stole the relics from you. “ The voice of the merchant narrated steadily. “In a way it seem the thief might have contacted the baron somehow after the items were stolen and they arranged the meeting around Dayir so the relics can be delivered to Tarikh. “
“But the trail we were following was headed to Aram.” Khen spoke for the first time since they arrived.
“That may have been so initially, but there was an unexpected sand storm two days ago that I believed was responsible for the disappearance of the tracks you were following. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2017
“And we saw no signs of the sand storm ahead. “ Jarrael said.
“Not unless the sand storm was conveniently localized around the tracks to deliberately hide the trails of the one we pursue. “ Meera said looking at the merchant with an implied stare.
“You seem to posit that the sand storm might have a malignant mind and intent behind it to purposely derail you from the one you are after. “ A slight smile curl up the lips of the merchant as if on a hidden knowledge.
Meera returned his smile with an almost equal appearance. “Could any other possibilities exist? “
With a short bark of laugh, the merchant continued. “None my dear and I think that is what exactly might have happened. Like I had suspected earlier, the priests of Nemphis are equally interested in the relics. So they may have been involved in setting up the sudden and unexpected sand storm to throw you off the trail of the thief. “
“Is this going the direction I’m suspecting? “ Jarrael asked creepily.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2017
“It just might, Jarrael. “ the merchant sat up from reclining on the pillows, rubbing his hands slowly on each other." When Tarikh came out of Aram to meet with the one who stole the relics from you, they all headed down south to the black tower of the priests Nemphis. “
“Oh by the gods all is lost. “ Thrace spoke up, as if he was just snapped out of a deep slumber. “Once in the black tower, we can never get them back again. There’s no way to get into the tower. “
Looking at the acolyte as if seeing him for the first time, the merchant asked. “And what happened to you young man? You seem to have changed considerably. Your confidence seem to have disappeared. “
“Well one of our attackers did something to him that appeared to have taken away his ability to perform sorcery. “ Meera said casually.
“That seem tragic. Were your attackers magic users in anyway? “ Ruel inquired.
“Not really, they are the Muk-Anolis. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2017
“Muk-Anolis? Oh this is way beyond my expectations. The legends come true. “ the merchant said with unbridled glee. “Please you will have to tell me all about it later, but for now let me attend to Thrace. “
“Me? “
“Yes Thrace, you. “ the merchant stood and came to stand before the acolyte. “What happened to you is not permanent. Though magic induced but didn’t in anyway negate your magical abilities. “
“What are you saying? “ Thrace looked up at the merchant with confusion crowding his face.
“Take this first and chew it. “ Ruel handed him two nut like brown seeds, which Thrace took and threw one of it into his mouth. “What really happened was that a disorientation spell might have been used on you. It disrupt you ability to think properly, inducing fear and confusion. As a mage, you should know that without steady concentration, you can’t cast any spell. So I believe that is what happened. What ever was used on you only disrupted your ability to concentrate. “
“Is that all that happened to me? “
“Yes Thrace, I suspect that is what happened to you at least from the little I have heard. “ Pointing at the remaining nut still in his hand. “That nut will help restore the balance to your mind. One secret about magic is that once you are born with that ability, it is permanent. It cannot be removed. “
“If what you just said is all that happened, then I don’t need to chew the nuts, just allow me a few moments. “ the acolyte closed his eyes in deep concentration muttering words barely audible. As all the people in the wide tent watched, the acolyte eyes suddenly snapped opened and shone like glowing ambers. “Yes it’s working, I’m back in business. “ His voice rang like a double timbres. He opened his two hands and tongues of flames danced above the open palms.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Viruslord(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2017
Apollux my man I believe U die
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2017
apollux i doff my hat, you are d best, please feed me more #yourbiggestfan
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2017
“How were you able to do that, little wizard? “ Meera asked the acolyte.
“Oh quite simple actually. Once I knew the source of the problem dealing with it was very easy. “ Thrace said after playing with the flames a bit then extinguished them with a wave. “I recall something the magus always say ‘when in doubt search within yourself ‘, When I meditated, I saw the source of the fear and disorientation, like a dark cloud overshadowing the amber brightness of my magic. So I just wished them away. It was just so simple and yet as small as it is, it rendered me powerless. The greatest advantage it had over me was ignorance. Thanks to you Ruel I now know how to deal with this from now on. “
“Oh it’s not entirely free I must tell you. “ The merchant stood up went to a corner of the tent where some wooden boxes were laid out in precise order on the rug floor. Reaching down into one, he pulled out with some difficulty a large book with frayed edges. “Your skills will be really needed on the way to retrieve the relics back from the Muk-Anolis. “
“Do you still think that will be possible? “ Jarrael asked him.
“One thing I have learned in this life nothing is impossible. But of course I have invested so much into this quest for me to back down now. “ Ruel smacked both the front and back cover of the book spilling thick dust. “Anyway if you feel you can no longer continue, then naturally you have forfeited the rest of your payment. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
“I know not what games you play merchant, but putting me in the middle of a seemingly power tussle between you and a priest of Nemphis no longer appear humorous to me. “ Jarrael said his voice becoming dangerously low.
“Oh my friend Jarrael, you wound me. How can I, a lowly merchant, compete with a mighty priest of Nemphis. “ The merchant put on a mock frightened face. “I would want you to know that my desire to seek out the relics was purely an academic pursuit, not for any power grabbing schemes. Besides the power of the relics-if it has any to begin with-will be useless to an ordinary none magic maker like me. Though I will not readily admit I have other personal reasons for seeking them out but that is hardly your business. Besides you are being handsomely paid, not only to retrieve the relics but to ensure your confidentiality. “
“Well what ever your reasons are, it’s none of my concern but I will not be a puppet on your strings and use me for your games and personal amusement “ Jarrael was beginning to get angry but calmed down a bit when he felt the gentle pull of his sister’s hand on him. “Anyway like you said none of my business. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
interesting boss
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
“Ever the professional. That is why you were the best candidate for this job. “ Coming before the acolyte he extended the heavy book to him. “Here, take this, a sorcery book that will help you combat the ignorance you feel. “
Grabbing the book and glancing through the first few pages he screamed in excitement. “This is the sankit fumilinux nemidar, forbidden spells and counter spells. I have heard of this book at the citadel in the scarlet hill. Though I was barred from reading it till I have graduated from my acolyte class to a disciple. Still this particular book is the last volume, it had long been lost. How did you come about this? “
“Just be grateful I gave you this book and don’t pry about my personal activities. “ Ruel said jovially but no doubt to all the listeners that he was dead serious. Now addressing them all. “So will you still want to finish the job? “

1 Like

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by aytigidz433(m): 3:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
More more more undecided
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by larride(m): 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
Awesome bro
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Cjizzy(m): 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yes o... Come and finish the job
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2017
“At this stage the relics are close to the black tower. There is no way we can move fast enough to overtake those who carry them. “
“I wasn’t asking for a narrative of the impossibility of the task at this stage, something I’m well cognizant of. “ The merchant said looking at Jarrael. “I just asked if you are still interested in finishing the job.”
“If you see any possibility of going ahead with it, why not. “
“That’s what I like to hear. “ Ruel sat back down reclined on the pillows with a contented sigh. “I have been working on a plan that can get you safely into the black tower. “
Jarrael exchanged curious looks with Meera first, then the others. Thrace was busily going through the pages of the new book he just received seemingly oblivious to what is being said.
“The black tower is a virtual fortress, impregnable to almost all frontal assault and siege. Even infiltration is impossible because visitors are not allowed into the black tower. As a result very little is known about it. But it has just one weakness. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2017
Waiting a while to make sure he has the attention of all of them he continued. “That weakness is the priests who inhabit the black tower cannot provide things for themselves, almost everything used in the black tower is bought from outside, including clothing, food, tools, weapons and furniture. This is the weakness I suggest you can exploit. For you see I’m one of the few merchants that agree to trade with them. At the moment I already have a trade expedition arranged and ready to head there. The priests at the black tower are already expecting my caravan to come soon. So I feel that will be the perfect cover for you to get into the black tower. “
“As good a plan as any we can come with. “ Jarrael said. “But locating the relics on time to take it back before the residents becomes aware of our duplicity. “
“I think we already have the solution to that here already. “ Ruel said turning look at Thrace.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 8:59am On Sep 09, 2017
The acolyte was so engrossed in his reading until Meera nudged him gently. “Oh I’m with you, what’s that? “
“With a simple location spell, once inside the place I believe Thrace will be able to pin point the location of the relics with accuracy. “ Ruel said.
“Thought you believed before that the relics are immune to magic. “ Jarrael asked.
“The relics are immune to being transported by magical means like teleportation but are quite receptive of other magical use, if not the items will be completely worthless to magic users. “
“Alright then, let’s get ready to move out. “ As the others got up and head to the entrance of the tent, Jarrael lagged back a bit to speak in low voice to the merchant. “I can’t shake the feelings that you are not entirely honest with us. But better make sure you are not selling us out. If you are, I will come back and find you. Lets just say our meeting then will be very interesting. “
“Of course Jarrael, I’m not being totally honest with you. I have personal interest in all these that must be kept a secret. “ Ruel said his face appearing deadpan for the first time since Jarrael had been seeing him. “But that doesn’t mean I will betray you. Like I have repeatedly maintained it is in my interest that you succeed and bring the relics to me. That is why I’m investing a lot into this. “
After allowing the merchant’s words to hang in the air for a while, he asked. “Will you ever be able to tell me your real reason for getting involved in this? “
“No. “ was the simple reply got.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by aytigidz433(m): 9:33am On Sep 09, 2017
One more hit man. Just one more. grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Speedstar09: 9:34am On Sep 09, 2017
...you are doing a great work sire,i wonder what jarreals reaction would be when he discovers the true identity of ruel as a nemphis priest undecided

SAIL ON SIRE grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by aytigidz433(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2017
Yh that too, maybe he's the superior nemphis priest who wants to use d relics for good instead. But maybe he's not who we think he is shocked
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
as much as i want to bliv ruel is a good person, 2 things gave me reasons to doubt,
1st: Why is RUEL hiding his real identity from the group, even meera who seems to av known him better than jarrael doesnt know why?
2nd: boss apollux once said this (nothing is really as they appear to be). So i am kipin my hands crossed.
Bt one thing is for sure RUEl is someone who even the priest of nemphis doesnt wanna mess with
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hahahahahahaha ur observations are really interesting. But have u guys noticed the sudden change in Ruel's behavior? He is now acting more bossy and less corgenial
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by itsandi(m): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
Interesting story! Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
what if ruel is the arc priest of nemphis ?
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Speedstar09: 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2017
aytigidz433:
Yh that too, maybe he's the superior nemphis priest who wants to use d relics for good instead. But maybe he's not who we think he is shocked

-sighs- my guy thats how a part of me is trying to see it o,but the outcome of the story is in the writers hand,apollux this is saturday o,please keep doing the needful... smiley
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by aytigidz433(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2017
Speedstar09:

-sighs- my guy thats how a part of me is trying to see it o,but the outcome of the story is in the writers hand,apollux this is saturday o,please keep doing the needful... smiley

Hope its not d nemphis priest playing both sides right? wink
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Speedstar09: 9:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
aytigidz433:

Hope its not d nemphis priest playing both sides right? wink

nah,it is unlikely.unless the writer decides to play a fast one on us.enough talking already,apollux we the wait you o smiley
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 10:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lol, there is no playing a fast one, the story is already finished in my mind, all the plots are already set. But I still guarantee nobody will accurately guess how the story will end, there are still a few big twists on the way, then a very big one towards the last scenes of this story... Wait for it grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by XclusiveDee(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
We are patiently waiting boss...feed us tonight abeg ..
More ink to your pen sir
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by larride(m): 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
Appolux my boss..
Oya come update biko
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by selimdeon: 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2017
[b][/b] NYC write bro more ink to ur pen
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Viruslord(m): 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
Oga at the top how far na
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sltn(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
We still waiting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.