Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) (97911 Views)

Ndidi And The Telekinesis Man (A Fantasy Romance Novella By Kayode Odusanya) / Supernaculars [the Renascence] A Sci-fantasy Novel / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by larride(m): 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
Apollux:
Sorry guys just needed to rest and catch up on my reading. Hopefully will be able to type some updates tomorrow when I'm less busy. grin

You are doing a great job and we appreciate you but your updates are kinda short, take your time and give us a lengthy update. You rock Bro.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
Haba the update is too small na
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Biggysmolz: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2017
This is so awesome
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2017
Before he could get into the fight, Gamba raced ahead of him and engaged the middle Lizard man, the largest of the lot.
Gamba immediately did a frontal attack with the blades of his twin axes leading the way. The swing had heavy strength behind them. The Muk-Anolis with a loud hiss, teeth covered maw, spilling a black colored forked tongue, brought the staff with blades at both ended and deflected the strikes from the Hokunian. Before Gamba could register the surprise of his quick attack been deflected, one end of the Lizard man's pole with its gleaming blade flash down. Gamba rolled back as the blade struck the ground he was standing on. He swing his axe at the leg of the reptilian man even before he completed the roll. The Muk-Anolis moved its leg away with such speed that the limb blurred. Gamba stood up and prepared to attack again but this time with less speed and more cunning.
Again he attacked, this time with casual strikes meant to probe lighter at the defense of the Lizard man. The Muk-Anolis deflected them casually also as if it knew the game Gamba was playing. With each attack and parry, Gamba steadily increased the speed and intensity of his strikes. The Muk-Anolis still maintained its defensive posture totally matching the increase of speed without wavering. Gamba changed tactics for just a moment to create an opening for him to strike with. Instead of going with the two axes at the same time, he used his right axe while holding back on the left. If the Muk-Anolis noticed this, it didn’t show any sign. Its reptilian face remained as frozen as ever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2017
Gamba stopped with the feint and made actual attacks with his right hand axe, with continuous strikes to totally engage the attention of the Muk-Anolis to his right hand attack while briefly forgetting the left hand. As always the creature deflected the strikes steadily. At a tiny bit of an opening from left angle, Gamba thrust in with the left axe. Though the strike was not as powerful as he intended but it had enough force still for a critical injury. The blade of his left axe smacked the side of the Lizard man but bounced back with a loud clang. Just then Gamba realized that what covered the torso of the Muk-Anolis is a high dense armor, a type he has not seen or heared of before. The silver like covering on their chests and backs, wrapped round it like a second skin, without the slightest hint of it been armored. The Muk-Anolis lashed out with a kick, which hit Gamba in the chest very hard. The force of the blow knocked him back and he collapsed some feet behind him. He felt as if his chest was on fire, a quick look showed him that the sharp claws from the toes had given him twin line of cuts on his chest when the Muk-Anolis kicked him. With a soft curse, he staggered to his feet which was just quick enough to engage the Muk-Anolis as it attacked him. He deflected the first attack but found himself hard pressed to keep up because this time, the Muk-Anolis was no longer on the defensive but on attack. Gamba was hard pressed to keep up and somewhere in his mind he knew the Muk-Anolis was a more skillful fighter.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
When the Muk-Anolis charged, Meera’s hands were already lifted, with the string of the bow on them pulled back having an arrow already nocked. She shifted her aim away from the middle one as Gamba charged at it, then focused on the one with the semi circular sword. She pulled her fingers free from the nock and the arrow flew to the intended target only for the Muk-Anolis to lift it sword, with an almost lazy swing, it knocked the arrow from the air.
The speed of the Muk-Anolis almost shocked her to inaction. It is impossible to accurately knock an arrow off the air when shot straight at a target. Before the full realization set in, she pull out two other arrows, shot at the Lizard man one after another, with the same speed and accuracy, its sword cutting a dazzling arc before it, knocked both arrows out of the intended path. Meera just watched awed beyond belief, such prowess is almost unheard of among the myriad feats of great fighters.
“Let me take this one, lady Thorn. “ Khen said to her as he advance towards Muk-Anolis.
“I doubt you will be able to take that beast alone Khen. “ She turned toward where Thrace was squatting on the ground moaning. “Will join you later after seeing what is wrong with Thrace. Just try and stay alive till then. “
“Do not be alarmed my lady, it is that accursed reptile that will need to try to stay alive.” Khen simply replied.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
The Kyaki held his curved sword in a two handed grip as he got closer to the Muk-Anolis. The reptilian man came at him swiftly, with a savage cut, Khen deflected it and the blade moved awkwardly in his hands. Three more successive strikes came at him which he parried but without balance. He was forced to give ground a bit from the fury of the Muk-Anolis’ attacks. Taking careful assessment of his attacker, he noted that he had been fighting the Lizard man and parrying its attacks like someone with a straight sword. But the attacker’s sword is circular which has made his defense very unsteady. He will have to compensate for that.
Coming at him again, the Muk-Anolis stuck with several flurried moves which the Kyaki deflected with more perfect stance and offered few of his own. But his attacks weren’t making much difference. The Muk-Anolis towered above him, it had the advantage of height and a longer reach. Khen felt like he was tangling with a giant before whom he appeared like a child.
Speed appears to be the issue. Within heartbeats into the fight, it was becoming slowly obvious that the Lizard man was faster than the Kyaki.. The continued clashes of swords rang loud around them, Khen giving his total attention to the fight as the expert displays dazzle any who would have cared to watch. At once Khen dropped to the ground and did a quick thrust. It was an expert move well calculated to create that room at the precise moment. As the Muk-Anolis thrust over head leaving underneath it exposed, Khen had his really first opening to strike. The sharp edge of his blade struck the chest and bounced. Then he realized that the silver covering on the Lizard men’s chest are a kind of armor. Just then he quickly raised his sword that knocked off a downward slash aimed for his neck. He did a quick back-flip somersault that kept him out of the way of a sudden kick from his attacker.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
He rose quickly to deflect four sword strikes that came at him from both the left and right. Just then a feeling that something is wrong flashed through his mind before he felt something hit his legs from behind with enough force to clear both of them from the ground. Khen hit the ground hard. He wasn’t given enough chance to wonder what knocked him off his feet before he was viciously attacked. All he could see were the flashing images of the sword coming down, with his years of training coming up, he deflected them without thinking . He rolled off quickly from a sword part but before he could finish it he felt a sharp pain at his shoulder. That pushed him harder. He stood up and made another quick parry, then another but the third one was not well made and a thin slice cut through his chest. He took advantage of that cut to his chest which left the Muk-Anolis open, he lashed out using the heel of his feet which connected solidly with the jaw of the Lizard man. The creature hissed loudly and snarl as it shrugged the hit off as a minor inconvenience.
Khen saw as he rolled away from the attacker to stand on his feet, noticing the prehensile tail of the Muk-Anolis twisting behind the legs of the reptilian giant. So that was what knocked him off his feet. Well the beast won’t be able to spring that surprise again. Anyway he has other surprises to throw at it. This time Khen attacked first, putting all his skills and experience into the furious barrage. This time he decided not to look for only openings for his sword alone but for other attacks as well, taking the cue from the tail’s strike. With every fast slash he made, a corresponding check and counter one was offered in return. These creatures are way too fast and skillful fighters, he almost admired them in his heart. A slight opening appeared under the slashing of the curved blade which Khen knocked aside and quickly kicked again. This time he aimed for the creature’s knee. That was a solid kick that at least would have broken the knee of a full grown man. But the Muk-Anolis just snarl and kicked at him with the same feet. A quick side roll took him out of the way of that which only left him open to a round horse fist that hit him full on the cheek and a foot kick to the chest which threw him back spiraling on the sandy floor.
When he staggered back to his feet, his usually immaculate white clothing has been stained badly by blood and dust.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
This is action cheesy
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
This creatures are dame fast...keep it coming
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2017
Dayuuuum!!! Xoxo fast
Cant wait for jarreal's Fight

Anticipating!!
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by zelaws: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2017
I think the Muk-Anolis fight reading the minds of their opponents.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by jupitre(m): 7:28am On Aug 29, 2017
zelaws:
I think the Muk-Anolis fight reading the minds of their opponents.

I think you're right..they need to fight without any emotion and make their minds blank
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by DaLaw22(m): 1:00pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dammnnn!!! Ma Nigga you are too good

I feel like I am seeing a Steve Spielberg classic in my private cinema grin grin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
Meera got to Thrace and heard him mourning. “What seems to ail you little sorcerer? “
“I have lost my ability to cast spells, I can no longer perform any acts of magic. “ Thrace’s cheeks were wet with continuous dripping tear. “I have lost all relevance, I’m nothing now. The magus will be so disappointed. I will be thrown out of the school of mages, I am now a nobody, failed myself, a total failure. “
“Get a hold of your self, just because you lost your magic ability temporarily doesn’t make you irrelevant. “ Meera stoop down and gathered his head to her chest speaking to him softly. He is just a kid, she thought within her self.
“What else am I good for then? I can’t fight, not a scholar, can’t farm or trade. I’m totally useless now to my self and every one. “ He mumbled in between the sobs.
“ Stop saying that, I believe what ever happened to you is temporal, you will gain your powers back later. “ As she spoke to the acolyte, she saw Khen been knocked down by the Muk-Anolis, his clothes stained red with blood. He was barely standing well on his feet yet his enemy pressed on the attack unabated. “Stay here a while as I go help Khen. “
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
Jarrael had no other option but to face the only Muk-Anolis left unengaged. The beast came at him with its twin jagged swords twirling and forming dazzling patterns in the air before his face. His scimitars came up and deflected the first thrusts directed at him. But almost immediately other attacks came after the first ones. The Lizard man quickly put Jarrael on the defensive, the attacks came in fast and in rapid successions that it took all of his fast response and reflexes just to parry them. A blur briefly appeared by the side of his eyes, he ducked by reflex. That laspse alone allowed the fast moving swords to hit him twice on the chest. The twin blades hit him with such force that he was knocked off his feet.
Fortunately the scimitars didn’t drop from his hands, as they were lifted up to parry another twin cuts that descended on him while still on the ground. He was in an awkward position with little room to maneuver. He rolled off quickly as the blades struck the ground he was in before. He got to his feet to give him a little space. If not for the magical chain mail under his clothes, the swords strikes were with enough force to slice him in two. Taking a careful look at his chest, he saw the twin wide cuts made by the attacker's blades. Fortunately the clothes were not in a shape to fall off his body yet. He stopped wondering about the blurring movement he saw that left him open while he tried dodging when another careful look at the Muk-Anolis show a tail behind it moving independently as if with a mind of its own. So they can attack with their tails too, at least limitedly. He also noticed that the jagged edge of the Muk-Anolis’ blades always knock his own blades off at awkward angles.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2017
So these Lizard men are really that good, they actually deserve all the credits that histories and legends have given to them. Well he Is not ready to die at the hand of these foul creatures, if it’s a fight it demands it will get more than it bargained for. Slowly Jarrael allowed his consciousness to sink in to the sword dance of Kief. His awareness expanding, his limbs and body relaxed as the mind and spirit United to guide his steps and hand moves in perfect coordination.
The Muk-Anolis attacked again, swords flashing with Jarrael meeting it with equal defense. The speed of the attacks, parries and counter attacks increased that their arms and swords appeared just like streaks too fast for the normal eyes to follow. Jarrael was in his element, as the perfect harmony of his inner being blended with his physical moves. Matching the Lizard man speed for speed. Just then the blur of motion caught his eyes again but this time he was ready. Instead of dodging, he parried the next attacks and quickly struck at the blur.
The Muk-Anolis scream sounded more like a snarl which ended with a long hiss. Jarrael’s last strike has cut off the tail that was about hitting him and bringing another distraction. The cut part of the tail rolled and jerked on the sand with rigors. The stump left behind the reptilian man twirl slowly spewing dark blue black colored blood.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by XclusiveDee(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
Yeaaah the Jarrel part! Been waiting for this..
Ride on sire
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
He didn’t give the creature any respite, while it growl at the loss of its tail, Jarrael attacked, his scimitars flashing and striking at the hastily lifted blades. As the swords clash again and again, Jarrael knew the Muk-Anolis has lost the momentum, so he increased the intensity of his attacks. He did an upper slash which the Muk-Anolis knocked off,he came at the sides, left first then followed by a right cut, both of which were blocked. He came again with side strokes at the same time, both were knocked aside by the jagged swords. Jarrael did a low cut, but the creature jumped high enough to dodge both scimitars despite its height. As it dropped down, he lashed at Jarrael with his swords, which he easily side stepped with a forward roll that put him behind the Muk-Anolis and its exposed back. With precision, Jarrael brought his scimitars down heavily on the creature. The loud ring of metals striking surprised Jarrael a bit until he noticed that the chest cover was metallic and armored. Jarrael’s scimitars bounced of the surface but left huge slashes and cracks on the silver colored corselet.
Well the Muk-Anolis torso may be covered by metal, still Jarrael’s scimitars are ensorcelled, they can cut through even metals. With another precise cut like that and he is sure, the armor will drop from the reptilian body. Looking at the menacing face of the beast as it snarl and hiss, with the fork tongue slithering around its mouth, that seem to show that it understand what just happened.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
He didn’t give the creature any respite, while it growl at the loss of its tail, Jarrael attacked, his scimitars flashing and striking at the hastily lifted blades. As the swords clash again and again, Jarrael knew the Muk-Anolis has lost the momentum, so he increased the intensity of his attacks. He did an upper slash which the Muk-Anolis knocked off,he came at the sides, left first then followed by a right cut, both of which were blocked. He came again with side strokes at the same time, both were knocked aside by the jagged swords. Jarrael did a low cut, but the creature jumped high enough to dodge both scimitars despite its height. As it dropped down, he lashed at Jarrael with his swords, which he easily side stepped with a forward roll that put him behind the Muk-Anolis and its exposed back. With precision, Jarrael brought his scimitars down heavily on the creature. The loud ring of metals striking surprised Jarrael a bit until he noticed that the chest cover was metallic and armored. Jarrael’s scimitars bounced of the surface but left huge slashes and cracks on the silver colored corselet.
Well the Muk-Anolis torso may be covered by metal, still Jarrael’s scimitars are ensorcelled, they can cut through even metals. With another precise cut like that and he is sure, the armor will drop from the reptilian body. Looking at the menacing face of the beast as it snarl and hiss, with the fork tongue slithering around its mouth, that seem to imply that it understand what just happened.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by jupitre(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
More...more...more...more
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Ultimategeneral: 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2017
I liked that assassin
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by sleemoon(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
Ur last 2 post re d same ooo... Xo u re owing 1 extra post.... Do quick we dey wait
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Damibiz(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
This assassin is dame good...#APollux more please
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Matrycx(m): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2017
damn dis jarrael is an assassin u dnt wana meet, he is just so good, appolux next pls
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by lonewolftzar25: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
kill them all Nice one apollux I want more.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Biggysmolz: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2017
If this is jst part of the main story, i wonder how the major story will be....its like am watching a movie....awesome piece
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Smooth278(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2017
coolcoolcool
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Kanshi1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2017
i've been a guest reader but in honesty, this piece of work by apollux is smtin else.
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Dare2Try(m): 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2017
Jazreel is dam good but I hope khen survive this
Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:36am On Aug 31, 2017
Jarrael came in at the creature and their swords clashed again. Somewhere in the background voices were speaking. “Aye! Watch the sons of whores flee. “ “They are retreating. “ As soon as Jarrael attacked again and the Muk-Anolis parried other voices joined. “Hey seems the fight is over here. “ Heavy footsteps tumbled on the sands heading towards the fight.
As the other combaters came around, they stopped in shock at the appearance of the Muk-Anolis. “Oh by the gods, what are those? “ someone asked. “Demons from the accursed realms they seem to be. “ In dread someone added, “They will definitely steal and torment our souls. “
As the numbers of fighters got close to where Jarrael and his group battled with the Muk-Anolis, the beasts all snarled. The one fighting with Gamba knocked the two axes aside with a fast move of its pole and struck his chest savagely with its hand, fingers and claws wide open gouging three deep cuts on the chest of the dark skinned Hokunian. The wounds spurt huge fountains of blood. Gamba staggered back several feet and dropped to the ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) by Apollux(m): 5:41am On Aug 31, 2017
“Gamba! “ screamed Meera watching the attack. She quickly stabbed with her thin rapier at the one she and Khen were facing. The creature turned to knock of her attack which left it open to Khen. Khen came in and slashed the creature at its hand. It snarled an lashed out with a kick which the white lotus warrior dodged by a fast somersault. Jumping up, Khen struck out with a flying kick that smashed the Muk-Anolis at the side of the head. Little did he know about this creature to determine sensitive nerve areas where his strikes can do real damage. He just assumed it may have the same nerve coordination like a human. The attack was reciprocate with a downward fist strike that took him of his feet. With a loud wail the creature jumped over him, heading to join the other two.
Meera came to his side. “Hope you are not too injured? “
“No lady Thorn, I’m not really incapacitated, but I need to stop the bleeding. “ Khen replied the lady.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply)

Life Of A Uam Boy / Naija Thug Life (Foxy, Flow1759 & The Rock555 Collabo) / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.