Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing (7144 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Carlosein(m): 10:14am On Jan 04, 2010
But then again, the guy hangs around with Kenny and D-1.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by legba1(m): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2010
Good to know he's out for good,he's one of those my people called "ARIRE BANI JE".you can sort the meaning.i have a parting shot for him.Its a song; 'HIT THE ROAD JACK AND DONT COME BACK NO MORE NO MORE'.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by ucnduka(f): 10:44am On Jan 04, 2010
I was'nt an ardent reader of his column but anytime I read it I wonder why he was not writing his column in gossip magazine. Anyway, I commend his efforts but it was just not good enough.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Knight1(m): 10:47am On Jan 04, 2010
I thought I was the only one who felt  the guy was 'stuff'less. If he z not telling of how prez atta mills called him and bla bla, he'll talk about soludo and anambra or some other useless material, infact methinks Nduka prolly politely requested that he retire sef, write books ko, author biographies ni!!!

And he shouldn't even decieve himself that his critics find time to always read his stuff, cos many guys start papers from the back page and even then, i can't remember ANY REAL material from his 'articles' ~like they are worth remembering~

Good riddance!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by udennaa: 10:59am On Jan 04, 2010
more bashing for the guy pls,good for him
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by semid(m): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2010
DELE MOMODU IS NOTHING BUT A LEFTOVER PIECE OF A SHARK'S VOMIT!
OFF WITH HIS BLOODY HEAD!!!

Good riddance to bad rubbish!!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by bodsibobo(m): 12:38pm On Jan 04, 2010
This Dele guy is just a big fool. It's gutless people like him that give we yorubas a bad name. I had written him off long time ago!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by asoderock(m): 12:51pm On Jan 04, 2010
I used to have a lot of respect for this Dele guy. You know the way he used to attack some of our political gangsters and not forgeting his use of English.
But all that was hypocricy as I later learnt.
I have an idea that all those attack was simply because he had not had the opportunity to cut his own pie.
As soon as he figured out ways to make his own buck by courting the same people he always condemned and glorifying them in his OVATION MAG, he started making escuses here and there on their behalve, then I understood the true Dele.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2010
bodsibobo:

This Dele guy is just a big fool. It's gutless people like him that give we yorubas a bad name. I had written him off long time ago!

the guy no be yoruba man sef.
he is an Edo man that is claiming yoruba by force.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
Segun Adeniyi is the sole reason why i will never take any Nigerian journalist serious again.
I mean none, without exception.
When Segun Adeniyi accepted the job as Yar Adua's spokesman, i send him an SMS.less than 100 characters and those words will stand in judgement against him before his maker.
Is it by force to defend mediocrity and ineptitude?
Did Yar Adua hold a gun to his head?
There is no justification for the man called Segun Adeniyi.
Who is asking him to criticize his boss in public?
If Segun Adeniyi was not job hunting by deceiving the public with all those sermons of his on the back of Thursday THISDAY, then he would have resigned 3 months into the life of this administration.
i beg free me from the likes of Segun Adeniyi.
Give me the likes of Ibori and Orji Uzor Kalu any day.
With those crooks, you know what you are getting.
no pretence whatsoever.
It is people like Segun Adeniyi and Dora Akunyili that we are not sure of their stance (i am sure anyway), that are the real enemies of the common man.
To come out of this mess we find ourselves in, we need to be sure of who the enemies and barbarians are.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Redman44(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2010
I remember going through the early issues of OVATION, back when the guy started out. The Magazine was very intellectual then and focused on celebrating Nigerians and Africans of integrity. Though the Magazine was not printed in gloss, it made delightful reading. The likes of Sonala Olumhense and Sunmi Smart Cole identified with OVATION's mission statement, until Bob Dee went down the wrong path cry cry All the brilliant heads departed from the OVATION stables and I stopped reading the Magazine. It is now a photo album and hardly carries stories that stimulates my thinking. However, I won't crucify Dele Momodu on this thread. I have not achieved a quarter of what he has achieved. I'm not his admirer and I hope to do better than him. Cheers.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2010
My issue with Dele has a long history.
Long before Ovation, Dele was writing for FAME magazine (when FAME was sold for 3 Naira).He had 3/4 of the back page to himself and he was a fervent june 12 vanguard.i followed his methamorphosis closely as Ovation unfolded with people like Ike Okonta and RMD as guest columnists.
Whether he hangs out with the IBB family or marries one of Abacha's daughters is inconsequential.
The crust of the matter is that he is a sell out and has no write to prescribe a solution to a problem that he was and still is an accomplice to.
simple.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
Redman44:

I remember going through the early issues of OVATION, back when the guy started out. The Magazine was very intellectual then and focused on celebrating Nigerians and Africans of integrity. Though the Magazine was not printed in gloss, it made delightful reading. The likes of Sonala Olumhense and Sunmi Smart Cole identified with OVATION's mission statement, until Bob Dee went down the wrong path cry cry All the brilliant heads departed from the OVATION stables and I stopped reading the Magazine. It is now a photo album and hardly carries stories that stimulates my thinking. However, I won't crucify Dele Momodu on this thread. I have not achieved a quarter of what he has achieved. I'm not his admirer and I hope to do better than him. Cheers.
You will do better than him.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
mbulela:

Jarus,
If you repeat such comments again, i will lose all respect i have for you as a person and an intelligent one at that.
Which comments pls?

Or are you referring to this Dele's paragraph in the article:
Those who attack Segun Adeniyi for doing his job today are very unrealistic. What do they expect of him? Once a man accepts a job, he must obey his boss. He may privately advise his boss, but it would be reckless of him to criticise him in public. Segun has not behaved like the usual loquacious spokespersons of government. He has comported himself with decorum. The vicious attack on people like him is one reason good people are afraid to serve in government. The alternative is for bad people and rogues who don’t care about the name-calling to continue to rule us.
?

Or you don't know how quoting in NL works again?

So because I was the one that posted the article, and somebody quoted it, which automatically means, the poster's name will appear as the quoted, mean that statement was mine.

The statement is not mine, and can never be mine.
It's just a paragraph in DM's article I posted, quoting which my name will appear as the quoted.
Take time o
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2010
^^
aha!!!
i for say.
I do not read Dele's articles any longer, so since it was quoted from your post, i assumed it was yours.
My apologies on that note.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Afam(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
I hope that others will read and learn from what is happening now as being in the spotlight or making money while dining with those that make Nigeria bad don't mean you will be respected.

Put differently, Nigerians know those that speak for them especially the poor and the oppressed.

Hope we learn a thing or two from these comments. Nigerians cannot be deceived!!!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by eleshin(m): 2:22pm On Jan 04, 2010
is he aware of all dis bashing?
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2010
mbulela:

^^
aha!!!
i for say.
I do not read Dele's articles any longer, so since it was quoted from your post, i assumed it was yours.
My apologies on that note.
apologies taken. . , haba, I have not been 'captured' or  'degenerated' to the extent of uttering such a statement
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2010
eleshin:

is he aware of all dis bashing?

Not sure. But he knows generally that he's not in Nairalanders' good book. I can easily send this thread to him too, but why not let him go jeje. That is if he has not peeped here already.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by ashaby(f): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
Who cares about the Obese man quitting 'journalism' (if indeed what he practiced could be referred as such). We all know his quitting leaves us with one less charlatan to worry about. Indeed, good riddance!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by edoyad(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
Chai ! O boy ! ! shocked i'm shocked beyond words. I used to think Nigerians liked Momodu shocked
that's why Meryl Streep said you should visit the blogosphere anytime you beginning to think you're something, quite a humbling place.
Nairalanders if you don't like anything about me better tell me now o, don't embarrass for nothing one day.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by kobikwelu(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
truth,

i only read simon kolawole, reuben abati, and chidi Amuta(havard trained) and sometimes nwoogugu

i tried reading dele's column a couple of times but after a while, i got bored with his self indulgent pieces.

why often drop a hint of how u know this big shot and that big shot, of how u transversed the globe in 2 weeks and how u love
amala and gbegiri

at a time, it became nauseating, geez !!!! stick with the issues.

i had to stop.

to show u how unprofessionalistic our editorials have become, try and read an editorial from the newyork times and then ull weep at the charade of our editorialists.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2010
edoyad:

Chai ! O boy ! ! shocked i'm shocked beyond words. I used to think Nigerians liked Momodu shocked
that's why Meryl Streep said you should visit the blogosphere anytime you beginning to think you're something, quite a humbling place.
Nairalanders if you don't like anything about me better tell me now o, don't embarrass for nothing one day.

Ok, lemme tell you what I used to think of you
What is this Yoruba guy doing in Kaduna?
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by afemai: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2010
Dele Momodu is known for his appetite to "survive" like some other entrepreneurs would. The means he has chosen to do that has been his albatross till date, he has every reason to want to always defend himself whenever he feels malign by anyone via the internet and the print media, what I see in him is his petty desire to want to reply to every criticism, I guess he should employ someone like a media adviser to help him decide and sift what criticism requires a reply or not. He may also want to ask himself why the charade of criticism? I can bet he is not a controversial and spiteful person but very snooty to a fault as it reflects in his writeups and exhibited in his letter to Jarus.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by benlay(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2010
OMG!! I don't know he has so many haters like this or do some people just wanna write?
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by papabaks(m): 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2010
Can you please park well?

Nevertheless you've done your best just that you need to apologies to the Yoruba's.

May God be with you,
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by vikiviko(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
He left when the ovation is low ?
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by ayokun: 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
I read Dele Momodu's article only once before but I found so disagreeable I never repeated the exercise. All I can say is that he's making the right decision in quitting (at least we won't have to put up with him any longer).
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by otukpo(f): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2010
A good time to bow out.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by oderemo(m): 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
i can bet this oaf will resurface very soon.s till ringing the till of the celeb especially the z list. dele bye bye yi o , odi gba. ovason. wink smiley grin grin

Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies / Is Dimeji Bankole Married? / Ikwerre Man Emerges Deputy President General Of Ohanaeze

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55