Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:01 PM

Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing (7231 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Vickivicki(m): 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2010
zigi:

sycophant of the year award goes to Dele momodu
, lipsrsealed
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

FAJ CURRENTLY OWNS THE TREASURE MAGAZINE,A SOFT SELL PUBLICATION.

that magazine still dey alive?
i saw the first three editions years back and it went off the stands.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by NineoSix: 9:56am On Jan 06, 2010
DM is old school. He doesn't understand that we live in a newer society. You can't have your cake and eat it at the same time. If you're going to be an errand boy and take money from thieving, rich, Nigerians to write sycophantic articles about them then don't expect citizens lower down the ladder who are suffering as a result of the thieves at the top to respect you.

By taking cash for stories you lost credibility and the right to play in two spaces. Either you have integrity and support the right of every Nigerian to decent leadership or you join the other side who are raping this country through their greed and wickedness.

Sorry DM, you just had to GO. We don't like your double-sided journalism!!!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Genuflect(m): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2010
Chai! I never see this kain hatred before o. Lol. But the good thing about it is the guy deserves it
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by ShadyDeal(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2010
I really pity Dele. He claims to love MKO, but eulogises Maryam Babangida. Such a huge hypocrite. Good riddance.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by shagaman: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2010
This guy na just fool, one guy said he left when the Ovation was low,the guy left when ovation no dey at all.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by anonimi: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2010
We must all engage in constructive criticism. Abusing people for fun will never change any system. Our country needs to be rescued, and we can no longer afford to keep our arms akimbo. The days of arm-chair criticism should be over. It has led us nowhere. If we truly love our country, we must join hands to liberate Nigeria from the backwardness that stares us all in the face.

the above paragraph drips of stark hypocrisy and that is why dele momodu was hounded out of his make-believe Pendulum column on ThisDay.
He should go back to what he knows best praise-singing photo-journalism of those his rogue friends who have raped and continue to rape 9ja. while Dele was posting pictures of how these rogues spend money that he knows they could not have legitimately earned nobody bothered with him BUT once he put on the toga of progressive activist in his writings it became necessary to ask him to choose what his preference is- dine with the devil or castigate the devil. U can't do both at the same time, except u are a confirmed hypocrite like most of our leaders are- do what i say but not what i do.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by tots(m): 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2010
"My critics can’t seem to appreciate the risk I take by speaking up against those they claim to be my friends. Is it not easier to dine with the devil and see no evil?"

Guy,just go, mmpphhhh
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Ndipe(m): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2010
Shady Deal:

I really pity Dele. He claims to love MKO, but eulogises Maryam Babangida. Such a huge hypocrite. Good riddance.

Has he really eulogized Maryam Babangida? Is it in his magazine? Man, that guy is not to be trusted. Wonder what Abiola's kids think of him.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by oderemo(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
there is new twist to this dele thing , why dont the fed. govt. employ dele to eulogise the obama in the way ovation knows best , maybe just maybe those glossy pictures could warm the heart of the u.s towards Nigeria. we all know bob dee can really crawl . aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cool cool cool
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Waxxy(m): 2:08am On Jan 07, 2010
The great laurette refered to them as "power prosti.tutes", that was way back in 1972. I can't seem to find a better definition for the Dele Momodus, the Jerry Ganas and the segun Adeniyis of this world. (The Man Died, 1972)
How in the world can a man who boasts of being a June 12 faithful, sought Asylum in the UK for being connected with the June 12 struggle now claim to have "instant" personal contact with anything related to the Babangidas!!!  Was it all a drama, was he a double agent all the while, does he realize he further incriminates himself with boastful name dropping, is he in denial? I could go on.

Dele the douche bag should wake up and smell the coffee, this is the generation Y, no longer do we just take your word for it, we investigate, analyze, critique and refer you to past acts and statements no matter who you think you are.

I await his announcement as Yaradua's new backside-kisser, thats if Umoru awakes from vegetative state.
If for one thing only, I thank the rasclaat for resigning, it was long overdue
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by paddylo1(m): 2:11am On Jan 07, 2010
He claims to love MKO, but eulogises Maryam Babangida. Such a huge hypocrite. Good riddance.

the 2 are not mutually exclusive. . .or u forget that abiola was a crook,made rich by the military?

u dine with the devil,better have long forks. .
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Waxxy(m): 2:19am On Jan 07, 2010
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by yeswecan(m): 3:38am On Jan 07, 2010
@ poster

He should quit because he writes nonsense
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Noxious: 5:28am On Jan 09, 2010
I only remember that egomaniac's name because I read ThisDay occasionally but not his column. However, I was very lucky to read this last piece announcing his "retirement". I almost puked after reading the article and was going to comment and bash him when I noticed that some people had already commented "thanking Uncle Dee" for his good work! In that instant, I felt it was no use. You can imagine my happiness at reading all these now and realising that there's still some hope left for Nigeria, afterall. Never knew the guy had such wide discerning readership. Thanks NLanders! Nigeria never loss finish!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by anonimi: 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2010
Noxious:

I almost puked after reading the article and was going to comment and bash him when I noticed that some people had already commented "thanking Uncle Dee" for his good work!

I actually posted a shorter comment similar to what I have above but apparently it was rejected by ThisDay editors. Anyway as NL dey Nduka and his government apologists can keep their space cheesy
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by citizenY(m): 10:03am On Jan 11, 2010
Ha , news of the decade-- do you remember some lines of that song-- ''stepping into darkness''. I think it was one
American group. Let him do just that

He should go back to his scandal sheet. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku / Breaking Info: IBB Tweets A Bombshell Again! (image) / Shock As Tinubu Attempts To Slap Saraki (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.