Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,931 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing (7152 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by noetic16(m): 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
wishing u the very best Dele Momodu.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by zigi(f): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
sycophant of the year award goes to Dele momodu
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Roforofo(m): 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2010
God bye Bob Dee. You should stick to taking photographs of weddings and parties of those who have looted Nigeria. As you have said yourself, "Ovation is a celebration of thievery, oops sorry I meant hard work and success" grin
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by kabola2009(m): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2010
OH my God!!! Am gonna miss uncle Dee's column very dearly. Any way, farewell Dele Momodu!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pheew! Good riddiance!, was getting sick of his Ghana/South Africa a**s - kissing column.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Ndipe(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
mbulela:

My issue with Dele has a long history.
Long before Ovation, Dele was writing for FAME magazine (when FAME was sold for 3 Naira).He had 3/4 of the back page to himself and he was a fervent june 12 vanguard.i followed his methamorphosis closely as Ovation unfolded with people like Ike Okonta and RMD as guest columnists.
Whether he hangs out with the IBB family or marries one of Abacha's daughters is inconsequential.
The crust of the matter is that he is a sell out and has no write to prescribe a solution to a problem that he was and still is an accomplice to.
simple.

Oh yeah? I know for a fact that prior to his stint at fame magazine, he was the editor of Classique magazine (founded by the Late May Ellen Ezekiel). And while he was an ardent supporter of June 12, I was just shocked to read or hear something that he was snapping and publicizing pictures of Babangida and his cronies his magazine, Ovation. I care less for that man. He once bragged that the money he was making as an employee of one of Abiola's company (I think) wasnt it a bread factory was greater than his position as an editor at Classique magazine. That man sef!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mikeoscar: 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2010
Dele should have just slipped away quietly but typical of people like him, He wanted to have the last word. Now He has it but it's NL and all those who hate psychophancy and b** licking that are having a last laugh what a shame, and to think that the fellow has such a Godly and goodly wife still surprise me.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by smasher1(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
All journalists are the same. They all are hypocrites and survive on brown envelope. They are owed several months salary to make them perpetual slaves. My uncle is one. After showing him how my company RMS, Ojodu, Lagos owes us for months he went to the company, was bribed by the company to write the "true story of the matter"- the company's false opinion. They are all liars even Nduka Obaigbena of This Day receives hundreds of millions from politicians like FG to hide the truth and state lies as facts.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by meerkat(m): 9:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
well shaa, me I no just send the guy period.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by lewa(m): 12:18am On Jan 05, 2010
Dele Momodu belongs to that milieu of self absorbed,petty,narrow minded class of Nigerians who have a delusional sense of self importance.
He is a pseudo-journalist, and his ramblings and pervasive name dropping only cements a diagnosis of defective personality,consistent
with inadequacy.
A poseur and an arriviste.
He could jump into the Atlantic for all i care, and besides let him wake up from his foolish slumber.He is a bloody nobody and those
who he shamelessly sings their praises are parasites fattened by the sweat and patrimony of Nigerians.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 1:33am On Jan 05, 2010
Ndipe:

Oh yeah? I know for a fact that prior to his stint at fame magazine, he was the editor of Classique magazine (founded by the Late May Ellen Ezekiel). And while he was an ardent supporter of June 12, I was just shocked to read or hear something that he was snapping and publicizing pictures of Babangida and his cronies his magazine, Ovation. I care less for that man. He once bragged that the money he was making as an employee of one of Abiola's company (I think) wasnt it a bread factory was greater than his position as an editor at Classique magazine. That man sef!
Yeah i knew about his stint in Classique but it was during his pendulum column in FAME that i began to follow him closely (and his links with the establishment and subsequent demise of FAME)
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mubaraqqq(f): 2:20am On Jan 05, 2010
Nigerians are too funny
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Kilode1: 3:03am On Jan 05, 2010
"he was on his way to the airport to catch a private flight to Benin City"

which one be private flight? who cares? Unnecessary information. very typical.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Ndipe(m): 3:04am On Jan 05, 2010
mbulela:

Yeah i knew about his stint in Classique but it was during his pendulum column in FAME that i began to follow him closely (and his links with the establishment and subsequent demise of FAME)

Wao, you must have been current with the Nigerian media, knew a little about Fame magazine back on campus when it was popular. I think the editor or the co-owner of the magazine was FAJ. Remember him? Never knew that the magazine is out of circulation. One of my favorites was Quality magazine.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by lastpage: 4:16am On Jan 05, 2010
When "Abacha died" and Nigerians went on the street in jubilation, l was very sad!
Sad in that it is not in our culture to "humiliate the dead"!
But it made me wonder that they must hate the guts of the "goggled one" so much that they would sacrifice "tradition and culture" but then, when l reflect over it, l can somehow "free them".

Now, that was a "dead man" and l could still live with it!

Now, I am wondering about what will be going-on in "Bob Dee's mind"?
Here is someone who thinks he is loved and may even be elected to be Guv'nor one day!
To make matters worse, he wasn't a government political appointee or 'selected Politician'
Here was someone who decided to "resign", by himself; something very uncommon in our part of the world!

Meen, Dele may qualify for a Guinness World Records Award as the MOST REVILED JUNK JOURNALIST ON EARTH!

Now, dont accuse me of being partial, l am not yet giving the award to Dele, not just yet unless no one on this thread has something good to say about him!

WETIN HAPPIN naaa shocked shocked
Na so life beee?

Journalist are a specially breed and privileged people (like Doctors that save lives and Judges that pronounce death sentence).
We follow them like 'the prophets' but starting from the likes of "Chukwumerije, to Jerry Gana, to that one with office at Anthony-Maryland side (cant remember his name now), to the likes of Segun Adeniyi, Dele Momodu, and some say My admirable Reuben Abati, is titling towards that line too, when they start playing a "smart one" on the public by doing a "moral somersault" in the middle of the day!

Well, who said the "mischief that men do" lives after them?
I guess it lives with them nowadays!!
ADIEU DELE, I feel you at this moment, really, l feel you!

and dont come out of retirement please, go ask Mike Tyson, it could be worse!! grin

BTW: is there a correlation between these Non-Yorubas that claim Yoruba origins, and charlatan behavior?
Take Oba-chonjo for example, he brought so much disgrace to the Yorubas and l hear he is from "Igbira tribe", somewhere in the middle belt?
Now, compare dat with Dele Momodu, someone said he is an "Edo man" (no disrespect to Edo people) trying to bring disgrace to "Ile-ife"
Wetin sef, na by force to be Yoruba
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 6:20am On Jan 05, 2010
Ndipe:

Wao, you must have been current with the Nigerian media, knew a little about Fame magazine back on campus when it was popular. I think the editor or the co-owner of the magazine was FAJ. Remember him? Never knew that the magazine is out of circulation. One of my favorites was Quality magazine.
Fame was jointly owned by 3 softsell journalists;FAJ, Kunle Bakare (the present owner of Econmium) and Mayor Akinpelu (owner of Global Excellence).The financial muscle behind the project was some rich yoruba man (the name escapes my memory at present).
The trio as joint owners was a suggestion floated by MEE and Dele Momodu did the leg work of talking the three into it (as their was a bit of sceptism on the part of some of the trio).
FAJ was the best music cum entertainment journalist that graced the Nigerian showbiz industry.
The guy was knowledgeable, opinionated and thorough.
There has never been anyone close to his standards ever since he left the scene.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Boboribo: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2010
Most Nigerian journalists are the same. Hungry, smelly, self conceited sycophants. Before Adeniyi signed up with Yar Adua, he did a piece on Yar Adua - how he lived a humble life and had and old colour TV in his living room. I sent him a text back then to say "O boy it appears you are on your way to Aso Rock, given your new found closeness to the President Elect" and he replied 'NEVER". The rest is history and he is doing a good job at it. I wish someone can put a mic to him and ask this simple question "how many times have you spoken to your principal since November 23, 2009." BTW Dele was just a BIG FOOL.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by DrKnow1(m): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2010
Oga Ghana must go; Kajiko grin grin
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by mbulela: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2010
Boboribo:

Most Nigerian journalists are the same. Hungry, smelly, self conceited sycophants. Before Adeniyi signed up with Yar Adua, he did a piece on Yar Adua - how he lived a humble life and had and old colour TV in his living room. I sent him a text back then to say "O boy it appears you are on your way to Aso Rock, given your new found closeness to the President Elect" and he replied 'NEVER". The rest is history and he is doing a good job at it. I wish someone can put a mic to him and ask this simple question "how many times have you spoken to your principal since November 23, 2009." BTW Dele was just a BIG FOOL.
Segun Adeniyi is a scum of the earth.
the most contemptible person in the present administration.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by aishaah(f): 12:02pm On Jan 05, 2010
na wa for our journalist sef,dem no dey see other journalist in other parts of the world,na soso ijeku je,whoever eats evils must surely vomit it ,never knew bob dee had so much haters,at least his retirement wil give him time to concentrate on his health and weight,he just blew up va va voom,after all sychopancy pays,bob dee remember the future of ur children n six feet yonda
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by jdamian: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2010
Gosh,no single nice comment 4 Dele.Na wa oh!Na so d man take bad?
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by pcicero(m): 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2010
Haba Nairaland! Let the sleeping dog lie!
The guy has had enough of your bashing and has decided to call it quit (from the backpage). Aso Rock (his co -paymasters) needs him more than ever. Remember he took over from Segun Adeniyi and that dude hasn't been doing well as Yar Adull's media assistant. Particularly, he has brought so much disgrace to the presidency with the manner he has been handling the "President's Saudi Project" so much that "Dele's Aunty Dora" has taken over the brief from him.

By virtue of Dele's avowed closeness and support for any Government in Power, his Dear Aunty Dora has forwarded his name to Umoru on his sick bed alongside the 2010 budget.
Segun Adeniyi would resume back at Thisday while Dele Momodu would be announced as the new Adviser to the President on Media Matters to further compliment Aunty Dora's rebranding project using Ovation as the vista.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Ndipe(m): 7:31pm On Jan 05, 2010
mbulela:

Fame was jointly owned by 3 softsell journalists;FAJ, Kunle Bakare (the present owner of Econmium) and Mayor Akinpelu (owner of Global Excellence).The financial muscle behind the project was some rich yoruba man (the name escapes my memory at present).
The trio as joint owners was a suggestion floated by MEE and Dele Momodu did the leg work of talking the three into it (as their was a bit of sceptism on the part of some of the trio).
FAJ was the best music come entertainment journalist that graced the Nigerian showbiz industry.
The guy was knowledgeable, opinionated and thorough.
There has never been anyone close to his standards ever since he left the scene.

So, what is FAJ upto now? I remember another 'soft-sell' magazine, Today's choice, then there was Prime People and Vintage People magazine. Those were the 2 competitive junk magazines in the late 80's.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by MAYOWAAK: 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2010
Ndipe:

So, what is FAJ upto now? I remember another 'soft-sell' magazine, Today's choice, then there was Prime People and Vintage People magazine. Those were the 2 competitive junk magazines in the late 80's.

FAJ CURRENTLY OWNS THE TREASURE MAGAZINE,A SOFT SELL PUBLICATION.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by MAYOWAAK: 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2010
Boboribo:

THERE ARE EXCEPTIONAL ONES STILL IN THE ARENA NAMELY:BAYO ONANUGA,BABAFEMI OJODU,KUNLE AJIBADE(THE NEWS),NOSA IGIEBOR,ONOME OSIFO WHISKEY,DELE OMOTUNDE(TELL MAGAZINE).
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Ndipe(m): 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

FAJ CURRENTLY OWNS THE TREASURE MAGAZINE,A SOFT SELL PUBLICATION.

Thanks.

I read Tell Magazine from time to time and I am impressed by its quality. Newswatch magazine, one a favorite in the media in the 80's is a shadow of its former self.
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Eziachi: 10:21pm On Jan 05, 2010
Mr Dele,  didn’t actually realized that you actually have any person to be referred to, as your ardent reader.
Now you have finally realised that your potential is not found in writing, you can now concentrate on camera/picture action of celebrating Nigerian rogues and their ill-gotten wealth, that your rubbish magazine promotes and help them to flaunt.

Go and clean and dust your camera, as you will find yourself very busy soon, when Nigerian messiah returns from Saudi Arabia hospital, whenever. That is what you are very good at. Goodbye and don’t ever dream of writing again.
ENOUGH OF AGIPS LIKE YOU!!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by suxes2005(m): 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2010
i fink i like d man cos he is a press dats all

SHALOM
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Eziachi: 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2010
Do you knew that someone was asking me, what could have happened had it been that Farouk Muttallab was caught in Nigeria. I told him, that Farouk would have been left lone and those trying to arrest him would have been sacked. Sultan of Sokoto will turban him as the new Kharlifa of his emirate in Katsina and you will be there inch by inch with him with your camera very handy to cover it for your sycophant followers to salivate later in your useless ovation.

Even in your final hours as a pretending writer, you still cannot help yourself in your usual tripe of dropping names of reapers of Nigeria? How you text or call the daughter of IBB and she got back to you instantly.
Oh! big player Momodu, that knew Aisha’s contact!
You silly man, next time you text Babangida and his daughters and sons, please can you remind them that we are still waiting for them to tell us where they had starched our stolen cash. Maryam dying or living not withstanding. Silly man!
Re: Dele Momodu Quits Column Writing by Eziachi: 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2010
Boboribo:

Most Nigerian journalists are the same. Hungry, smelly, self conceited sycophants.  Before Adeniyi signed up with Yar Adua, he did a piece on Yar Adua - how he lived a humble life and had and old colour TV in his living room.  I sent him a text back then to say "O boy it appears you are on your way to Aso Rock, given your new found closeness to the President Elect" and he replied 'NEVER". The rest is history and he is doing a good job at it.  I wish someone can put a mic to him and ask this simple question "how many times have you spoken to your principal since November 23, 2009."  BTW Dele was just a BIG FOOL.

You are spot on. Does anyone still remembers the self righteous PINI JASON? He has forgotten his pen and papers and now part and parcel of Ikedi Ohakim's illegal and 419ers government in Imo state as adviser. God knows what he advises the 419 governor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanker Drivers Begin 7-day Strike / Was The Jan 15, 1966 Coup An Igbo Coup? A Detribilized, Historical Perspective / PHOTOS: Gov Nasir El-rufai Hosts World Bank Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.