Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council (24326 Views)

NADDC Director-General, Jelani Aliyu Visits Innoson In Nnewi / Pictures Of Chevrolet Volt Designed By Jelani Aliyu, The New DG Of NADDC / Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by mikolo80: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
leksmedia:
The guys CV is impressive , these are the kind of guys we need in our cabinet
no be by CV o
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by mrvitalis(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Innoson is already on that.
He is making it seem as if it's a new thing on Nigeria

I doubt if he designs his cars based on our conditions ..mtm in Zaria are doing better job
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

I doubt if he designs his cars based on our conditions ..mtm in Zaria are doing better job

He bought the patent.
And the cars are strong and we'll suited for our environment
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by mrvitalis(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

He bought the patent.
And the cars are strong and we'll suited for our environment
I have been to their factory ..I didn't see any core engineering ...all I see is assembling
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by billante(m): 1:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Why cant we get anything right in this country, who keeps spreading this slander that Jelani Aliyu designed Chevrolet Volt

Please review this old thread where it has been debunked with evidence

https://www.nairaland.com/2438270/bob-boniface-designed-created-chevy
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by BetaThings: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Innoson is already on that.
He is making it seem as if it's a new thing on Nigeria

He is to head a parastatal
And he was asked questions, even if Innoson is doing it, he needs to answer it
And he did not say it is new, he is explaining what he plans to do at the parastatal
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by masseratti: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2017
buygala:

So please how do we design cars based on our history and culture?

Are we talking about electric horses and camels, or camels and horses upgraded with V12 engines or what please?
lolzzzzz i tire oooo,the way some people that are educated talk sometime is amazing
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

I have been to their factory ..I didn't see any core engineering ...all I see is assembling

The cars are strong and suited to the environment
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by mrvitalis(m): 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The cars are strong and suited to the environment

What's unique aboit them that make them better for the Nigerian environment
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by BetaThings: 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
billante:
Why cant we get anything right in this country, who keeps spreading this slander that Jelani Aliyu designed Chevrolet Volt

What is Slander?
Let us assume that it was wrongly attributed to him, what is the slander in that?

Thanks for posting the video, I am more impressed

His teachers are effusive in their praises

Start from 1:21

Exceptionally gifted as a designer
Verbal presentation of his designs were exceptional. The best of ANY students that I have ever had
Poet lawyer of transportation design

His questions were the most searching and most profound in their consequences
His questions elevated the class

President of Nigerian Foundation of Michigan, Professor Chile Chuku also praised him[b]
He is the embodiment of that that Nigeria needs - Creativity, integrity and Worthy Ambassador[/b]

Anyway same thing has been said about Philip Emeagwali - so Nigerian scientists are fraudsters
https://www.nairaland.com/177876/philip-emeagwali-genius-crook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqx-xKGeDCA
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hausa Hausa Hausa every!!!
You keep appointing them, they keep acting their Dullardish character! Just like you grin
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by escalux(m): 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
Check the likes of Ngozi okonjo iwuala and otherca. Very hard for an achiever to succeed in Nigeria, We don't have that enabling environment. Think twice please before you pick up the appointment
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by mu2sa2: 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
BetaThings:

Excellent explanation, let me jut add a few words

History - how have Nigerians used cars in the past? can that teach us something for our design approach
Culture - do Nigerians take time to study and comply with manuals, do they work their cars nearly to death everyday? or do they treat them with extreme care? With they service them on time or will they delay? do they use them for special occasions and take trains mostly? Do they work parts into them or buy new parts from dealers? do we need to design into the Nigerian car sufficient redundancies and features to reflect or modify such behaviour?
environment - temperature, nature of road, dust
Economic structure - income level structure - many low income or many middle class
First-class explanation. If buygala still doesn't understand "history and culture" in car design, let him go back to jss1 and start secondary school all over. Jelani Aliyu knows what he is talking about for a semi-illiterate to come and be ranting gibberish on nairaland all in a futile attempt to rubbish him.
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by dabossman(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
buygala:

Nice irrelevant epistle smiley

You still have not said anything relevant to the Nigerian situation....

What part of the Nigerian history and culture can possibly be imbibed into the design of a car....is it our Cowrie shells, rubber mats, Terra Cota clay designs, or what exactly please?

Or is Murtala Muhammed's head going to be the insignia of the Nigerian Car?

This response from you just goes to show that your mind is closed. You're not here to be objective but just to ridicule a Buhari appointment because you hate the man.

Have you stopped to ask yourself why people imply that an Igbo man prefers a Benz or an SUV, or that Hausa men seem to be in love with the Honda cars (especially the Honda 'Hala' as we call it)? Have you ever wondered why Americans seem to like and build big cars, while Europeans seem to build more compact vehicles? Can you not decipher which societies or nationalities are historically/culturally conservative and which ones are more ebullient? Do you not know that this can be a factor in the types of cars, houses or communities they build?

So, all that Nigerian history and culture is to you is cowrie shells and rafia leaves? Dude, come on. Feel free to hate Buhari, but don't let it becloud your objective reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by StevieAbraks111(m): 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nigerians are indeed great people.
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
mrvitalis:

What's unique aboit them that make them better for the Nigerian environment
Abd what makes them not good either?
I am speaking with evidence from ownership.
Where is your antagonism of strength coming from?

Just agree that the dude is oblivious to the fact that Nigeria already produces strong cars
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by NASTYNASOSO: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2017
buygala:
"*When I say Nigerian vehicle, I don’t necessarily mean the whole thing*, but a vehicle designed specifically for the Nigerian populace. A vehicle in tune with the history, culture, environment and economic structure of the people "

Please can somebody help me explain this in simple terms....because I can't even see the sense in the above quote sad

"A vehicle in tune with the history, culture"........what the fvck is that supposed to mean? undecided

HMMMNN

FOR ASKING THAT QUESTION YOU DEPICT THE SORRY AND EMPTY STATE OF YOUR EDUCATIONAL EXPLOITS.
I STRONGLY RECOMEND THAT YOU GO BACK TO ELEMENTRY SIX AND START ALL OVER.
WITHOUT ANY ARGUMENT AN ELEMENTRY SIX STUDENT CAN READ AND COMPREHEND THAT STATEMENT.
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by EnkayDezign: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
billante:

Oga so you're still peddling this bob boniface crap? you're on a long thing. FYI Bob Boniface has since moved to a different studio, where if there's any interesting car being developed, he'll claim, just because he's a white car design executive.

However the chevy volt concept's patent will forever hold Jelani Aliyu's name.

Grow up!
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by DaimlerBen(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
buygala:

Oga einstein.....please give me an example of designing a car to be in tune with Nigerian 'history and culture'

Emphasis on 'history and culture' undecided

History: Many Nigerian mechanics learnt with the 504.

Culture: Many Nigerian mechanics refuse to upgrade from the 504.

#BasedOnLogistics, he's bringing back the 504.
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by buygala(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
DaimlerBen:

History: Many Nigerian mechanics learnt with the 504.

Culture: Many Nigerian mechanics refuse to upgrade from the 504.

#BasedOnLogistics, he's bringing back the 504.

grin grin

Some ostensibly enlightened persons here have refused to see beyond their noses and notice the emptiness of Jelani's rhetoric sad

Essentially their argument is that we have a history and culture of automobile abuse, poor maintenance culture as well as a history of heat grin....Maybe heat is part of our culture as well. tongue

So Alhaji Jelani will design cars for us that will be in tandem with our 'history and culture' of carelessness, heat, short-cut repairs ...in short, Alhaji will give us cars we can mechanically rape and otherwise abuse without any harm coming to the car, our lives, as well as our dear history and culture of heat grin.....isn't that so brilliant?

Some even went ahead to talk about how abokiis prefer Honda while easterners prefer Mercedes Benz smiley....So in their minds, that means Nigerians have a culture of preferring Honda and mercedes, depending on what side of the Niger river they are on .....assuming but not conceding this is true, how does this relate to Jelani's situation? ....will he now design a hybrid 'honcedes' which will be a combination of Honda and mercedes as our national automobile? ....Last I checked, Toyota is the best selling brand in nigeria presently....pls how has Toyota attuned itself with our 'history and culture" to deserve such massive patronage ? ....

My point is.....Oga Jelani should go and sit down.....because if what all those educated dullards jumping in my mentions are saying is what he means, then he might as well design a Jelani Bicycle for us, all made of building rods and mouka foam.....at least we can abuse that one as much as our 'history and culture' allows, tamper with its parts, and still not be worried abt it over-heating smiley

Just because someone has an exotic sounding Job title doesn't mean the rest of us are morons....Yes he is doing a good Job at Chevrolet. .but no thank you, there isn't much he can do that other auto manufacturers selling cars in nigeria haven't done smiley ....And we have Innoson to look to, if at any point we wish for no particular reason to be patriotic and 'buy nigeria"
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by Lordxeer(m): 8:26am On Apr 20, 2017
buygala:
"*When I say Nigerian vehicle, I don’t necessarily mean the whole thing*, but a vehicle designed specifically for the Nigerian populace. A vehicle in tune with the history, culture, environment and economic structure of the people "

Please can somebody help me explain this in simple terms....because I can't even see the sense in the above quote sad

"A vehicle in tune with the history, culture"........what the fvck is that supposed to mean? undecided

*Modified

So I am seeing some very funny mentions grin

Some ostensibly enlightened persons here have refused to see beyond their noses and notice the emptiness of Jelani's rhetoric sad

Essentially their argument is that we have a history and culture of automobile abuse, poor maintenance culture as well as a history of heat grin....Maybe heat is part of our culture as well. tongue ....As for those talking about Aston Martin, Ferrari, culture of luxury and the American situation, I have nothing to say to them unless they can come and properly connect their stories to the present Jelani Situation cool

So Alhaji Jelani will design cars for us that will be in tandem with our 'history and culture' of carelessness, heat, short-cut repairs ...in short, Alhaji will give us cars we can mechanically rape and otherwise abuse without any harm coming to the car, our lives, as well as our dear history and culture of heat grin.....isn't that so brilliant?

Some even went ahead to talk about how abokiis prefer Honda while easterners prefer Mercedes Benz smiley....So in their minds, that means Nigerians have a culture of preferring Honda and mercedes, depending on what side of the Niger river they are on .....assuming but not conceding this is true, how does this relate to Jelani's situation? ....will he now design a hybrid 'honcedes' which will be a combination of Honda and mercedes as our national automobile? ....Last I checked, Toyota is the best selling brand in nigeria presently....pls how has Toyota attuned itself with our 'history and culture" to deserve such massive patronage ? ....

My point is.....Oga Jelani should go and sit down.....because if what all those educated dullards jumping in my mentions are saying is what he means, then he might as well design a Jelani Bicycle for us, all made of building rods and mouka foam.....at least we can abuse that one as much as our 'history and culture' allows, tamper with its parts, and still not be worried abt it over-heating smiley

Just because someone has an exotic sounding Job title doesn't mean the rest of us are morons....Yes he is doing a good Job at General Motors. .but no thank you, there isn't much he can do that other auto manufacturers selling cars in nigeria haven't done smiley ....And we have Innoson to look to, if at any point we wish for no particular reason to be patriotic and 'buy nigeria"
Ignorant, yet pompous.
Re: Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council by calaway: 6:48pm On May 15, 2017
Once again Nigeria tows the path of mediocrity.. Innosing motors already manufactures cars in Nigeria instead of nepotistic government to give innoson motors all the support and encouragement they are bringing a man who knows nothing of the Nigeria environment and a mere staff of an American company with no understanding of what works and is available in this cesspit of a nothernocracy and worse still his claim to designing the volt is only valid in Nigeria
Three people lay claim on record as the designer s of the volt. He is one of three and he only assisted the lead designer. But innoson lays claim to more than 15 designs already tried and tested on the Nigerian roads

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilarious Photos of Things People Use To Repair Their Cars / Help! How Do I Recover A Debt Of 5.5m? / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.