Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose (21027 Views)

Buhari’s Visit To Taraba, Benue, An Afterthought, Says Fayose / Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose / President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by 2016v2017: 10:01am On Apr 20, 2017
Aufbauh:
News of the suspension of the SGF and DG NIA is truly giving the wailers heart attack cheesy

It is better late than never; After all what do the wailers want?

Like I've said we don't have opposition party,what we have is a group of disgruntled elements waiting for the president to fail.
he is a failure right from the day he overthrew a democratically elected government of Shagari
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Bobby808: 10:02am On Apr 20, 2017
Aufbauh:
News of the suspension of the SGF and DG NIA is truly giving the wailers heart attack cheesy

Like I've said we don't have opposition party,what we have is a group of disgruntled elements waiting for the president to fail.
We should all be praying for people like Fayose. If not for Fayose and others, this issue would NOT have been revisited since he, Buhari had closed it before and allowed it to go like that. If not for governors like Fayose, Wike and others, Buhari would have killed the only opposition and turned every thing about this democracy updown. May the Almighty God protect the likes of Fayose so that Buhari will continue to correct all his previous, the present and the failures and evil he would have committed against Nigerians tommorrow.
May the God of the all good Nigerians continue to stand and support pdp and prevent Buhari and his apc to miss the road with which he, Buhari wanted to disorganise dpd. He has failured does not mean that others must be pulled down. Amen. May God Almight also bless the Nigerian Senators for standing up for good governance. They insisted that Lawal Babachir must be questioned. They forced Buhari to look very well and as at today, Buhari has been forced to wake up and reason like normal being.

1 Like

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Bobby808: 10:02am On Apr 20, 2017
Aufbauh:

We should all be praying for people like Fayose. If not for Fayose and others, this issue would NOT have been revisited since he, Buhari had closed it before and allowed it to go like that. If not for governors like Fayose, Wike and others, Buhari would have killed the only opposition and turned every thing about this democracy updown. May the Almighty God protect the likes of Fayose so that Buhari will continue to correct all his previous, the present and the failures and evil he would have committed against Nigerians tommorrow.
May the God of the all good Nigerians continue to stand and support pdp and prevent Buhari and his apc to miss the road with which he, Buhari wanted to disorganise dpd. He has failured does not mean that others must be pulled down. Amen. May God Almight also bless the Nigerian Senators for standing up for good governance. They insisted that Lawal Babachir must be questioned. They forced Buhari to look very well and as at today, Buhari has been forced to wake up and reason like normal being.
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Bobby808: 10:03am On Apr 20, 2017
Aufbauh:

May the God of the all good Nigerians continue to stand and support pdp and prevent Buhari and his apc to miss the road with which he, Buhari wanted to disorganise dpd. He has failured does not mean that others must be pulled down. Amen. May God Almight also bless the Nigerian Senators for standing up for good governance. They insisted that Lawal Babachir must be questioned. They forced Buhari to look very well and as at today, Buhari has been forced to wake up and reason like normal being. ....
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by 2016v2017: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Fayose...always on point.....!!

Sheik Bubu wants to appoint more Muslim fulanis to the offices of SGF and NIA DG.....Shikenan kawai...!!

13 people killed by Fulanis last Saturday in Southern Kaduna..... not a single comment from Buhari.... Only to wake up today with Sacking upandan... Is that one still a President ??
a blood sucking fulabuharini is anti-Christians
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by erinalex: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2017
dman4mdmoon:
Gov. Fayose talking about afterthought because the presidency did not rush into taking a decision on SGF case is amusing! This same Fayose was alive when it took his hero, GEJ several months to remove Stella Oduah despite huge allegation of corruption against her. The case of Orunma Oteh is still fresh in our memory. Upon all the allegations made against Oteh by national assembly, GEJ refused to act. Does Fayose think that we have forgotten the case of Abba Moro? Even though many innocent Nigerians lost their lives due to actions of Abba Moro, he still retained his job. When people like Fayose want to castigate the present government, they should know that their own government did not fair better. Though two wrong don't make a right, but it is good to criticize objectively.
may the good Lord bless you for your comments. Because this is exactly what I wanted to post. Pls,ask the wailers, what gej did to Moro ,after he organized an interview that got many Nigerian youths killed. As for me,I still prefer after thought, than NO THOUGHT at all. Though,PMB has not got it all right, but it's a step in right direction.
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Same question I asked the other day. And I hope this OsborneGate will not be swept under carpet with mere suspension of the grasscutter Baschir and NIA DG but prosecuted if involved in the crime.

Even Baschir asked "who is the presidency" when reporters told him of his suspension.

Is it Buhari presidency, Mamman Daura presidency, Grasscutters presidency or Ameachi presidency? cheesy
shame! You reason just like fayose. You guys first said amaechi owns the apartment...when you saw the list of occupants, you digressed. Now, buhari suspended the NIA DG, who said the stashed money was approved by jonathan, the man who had refused to speak since his name was linked to the mess, after all others had spoken...and you are still not happy because the DG was suspended? Who told fayose that a 3-man panel of enquiry was set up? They only suspended him to allow full investigation to take its course, same with Babachir.

1 Like

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by 2016v2017: 10:09am On Apr 20, 2017
TheFreeOne:

Same question I asked the other day. And I hope this OsborneGate will not be swept under carpet with mere suspension of the grasscutter Baschir and NIA DG but prosecuted if involved in the crime.

Even Baschir asked "who is the presidency" when reporters told him of his suspension.

Is it Buhari presidency, Mamman Daura presidency, Grasscutters presidency or Ameachi presidency? cheesy
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by DEOLINX: 10:10am On Apr 20, 2017
SGF was not cleared by any presidential letter to the Senate. The letter only asked the Senate to give him fair hearing.

How many of the senators under investigation have resigned their position or stepped aside to allow true investigation.

Since we are all reacting to the news that the NIA claimed to be working on covert Operations why are we expecting any agency apart from the presidency to do covert investigations on the matter?

Are we all sure that the SGF suspension is not tied to New revelations that the Presidency wants investigated or cleared?

2 Likes

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by osuofia2(m): 10:17am On Apr 20, 2017
this Fayose mouth is like spoilt tap head, go and provide good governance to Ekiti citizens and stop spewing trash to remain relevant. The truth is that we all know that if it where to be GEJ presidency no body would have known about Osborne towers.... useless man.... let's give some credit to PMB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by texazzpete(m): 10:32am On Apr 20, 2017
aribisala0:

I am not from Ekiti , are you? The only face value judgment that matters is the electoral judgment not the value less opinion of armchair critics like you.
Your idea that project display, is the way to I judge government is foolish. The ultimate test is the people of Ekitì whose opinions are what really matter not your random eejaculations

I'm not from Ekiti.

Sustainable development projects - among others - are ideal ways of judging performance of Governors. There will not be a reliable 'test' of the people of Ekiti until the next round of elections. In the meantime, we want to see progress in terms of visible developmental strides. Or sustainable policies designed to bring improvement to the state.

You've not explained why then Buhari fails your test, since he's also beloved by the majority (55% approval rating in the latest NOI polls) and also ousted his predecessor (something you claim scores highly in the 'performance' chart). So do we take it that your seemingly hypocritical position on Buhari can be termed 'random eejaculations' too?

3 Likes

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Charly68: 10:40am On Apr 20, 2017
Mr President should concentrate on his assignments & never bother about those ranting on his style of governance,when it was their turn,we saw how they used state power to manipulate election ,manipulate CBN ,manipulate INEC & even courts to get away with their atrocities . SGF was relieved of his post & this sets of people still came out to rant...meanwhile when his excellency was still studying the case they said,he was aiding & protecting corrupt people.. What else did they expect ?

2 Likes

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by jabdulhamid97(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2017
GodProtectIgbox:
grin grin grin grin

seriously Ameachi is really involved in this crime
wait what kind of question
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Chuksonyeike: 10:44am On Apr 20, 2017
mjabdulk:
fayose has forgotten that his partylord goodluck jonathan will be questioned on this matter whom he knows that he put nigeria into this mess but blindly sees buhari's administration as uncall for. His people in the state are yet to have a full representation from him forgotten his responsibilities but taking what is not for him on his neck.

lol who will question GEJ? dream on!!!

1 Like

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by dman4mdmoon(m): 10:44am On Apr 20, 2017
erinalex:
may the good Lord bless you for your comments. Because this is exactly what I wanted to post. Pls,ask the wailers, what gej did to Moro ,after he organized an interview that got many Nigerian youths killed. As for me,I still prefer after thought, than NO THOUGHT at all. Though,PMB has not got it all right, but it's a step in right direction.

May your days be long bro!
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Chuksonyeike: 10:45am On Apr 20, 2017
Charly68:
Mr President should concentrate on his assignments & never bother about those ranting on his style of governance,when it was their turn,we saw how they used state power to manipulate election ,manipulate CBN ,manipulate INEC & even courts to get away with their atrocities . SGF was relieved of his post & this sets of people still came out to rant...meanwhile when his excellency was still studying the case they said,he was aiding & protecting corrupt people.. What else did they expect ?
and Buhari is not doing same or even worse? Who said the SGF has been relieved of his apartment?

1 Like

Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by tuniski: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2017
Aufbauh:

Apc is to itself opposition party. The only thing remaining is for it to implode like broom without band!
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by oyeb15: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2017
Sir, leave d presidential issues & address d issues concerning ur state. Ur workers are hungry cos u are owing them like 8 months salary. Ur over head bridge is in d wrong place. It should have been situated in between okeyimin (first bank) to ijigbo junction. We pray u finish it sa.
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by lukaf17(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2017
ojobek:
Fayose on points.they finally succomb to pressure from nigerians

But past government never bow to public opinion on any cabinet member during there time,instead corruption was redefined according to wailer dictionary.

One action is far better than no action,
Tell fayose to tell us how he spend is Paris club money,or follow Kad governor to show us he is money of integrity.
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by magoo10(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2017
all of a sudden the deceptive govt woke up from slumber to agree that babachir lawal the grass cutter was guilty of the accusations after exonerating him of wrong doings.
the worst is that he still had his security detail and official vehicle to go home with whereas he should have been handcuffed and taken straight to prison,or at best detained by the efcc
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by musicwriter(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2017
Most importantly, what business does Presidential Committee have with investigation of crime? Are they telling Nigerians that they have lost confidence in all the intelligence and investigative agencies of the government, including the EFCC and DSS?

This is the question that should be on the lips of Nigerians. Why setting up committee; when we have government agencies empowered to do such job?

It smells damage control, massive cover up.
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by ba7man(m): 11:18am On Apr 20, 2017
tuniski:

Apc is to itself opposition party. The only thing remaining is for it to implode like broom without band!
Rather, APC is weeding out corrupt members and PDP moles within it, instead of giving them and Aki and pawpaw national awards.
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by aribisala0(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2017
texazzpete:

I'm not from Ekiti.

Sustainable development projects - among others - are ideal ways of judging performance of Governors. There will not be a reliable 'test' of the people of Ekiti until the next round of elections. In the meantime, we want to see progress in terms of visible developmental strides. Or sustainable policies designed to bring improvement to the state.

You've not explained why then Buhari fails your test, since he's also beloved by the majority (55% approval rating in the latest NOI polls) and also ousted his predecessor (something you claim scores highly in the 'performance' chart). So do we take it that your seemingly hypocritical position on Buhari can be termed 'random eejaculations' too?
The subject matter of this thread is corruption. That is what is relevant to me and the only issue on which I am passing judgment on Buhari here. He promised change in that area and it is that which concerns me with specific regard to Fayose's pronouncement on that issue which I wholly endorse . That does make me a Fayose fan or supporter and you need to free yourself from this binary we versus them mentality
Some of us are just Nigerians who are ashamed of the way our country is being run now.
I am a Nigerian and quite able and entitled to pass judgment on Buhari because I am an active stakeholder with a vote which is not the case in Ekiti.
With regard to Ekiti you claim that on FACE VALUE ( YOUR WORDS) Fayose was not executing projects and I took issue with that because
It is not relevant
You qualified your claim with so called FACE VALUE without telling us what it means.
We are talking about a country where several states cannot pay salaries and pension and you are talking of projects. Is that realistic?
In truth there is no objective measure of comparing so called project delivery between states without factoring in other variables such as available revenue, liabilities, .
Without such data is is impossible to say whether Fayose is 3rd or 30th in that respect at any rate once again it is irrelevant to the issue at hand.You immediately went on the offensive thinking because I agreed with what Fayose said I must be his supporter and so you are trying to politicise things.
Awolowo is very much loved all over Yorubaland today because of his education drive not for "projects" even though he did complete projects in some places places like Ekiti did not get many so called projects from Awolowo
Human capital development through education and training is the most sustainable kind not concrete and mortar like you seem to believe.Germany was virtually levelled in World War 2.Japan was nuked,twice.why are they leading nations today?
The answer is simple,software not hardware. Human capital.

If you wish to discuss Fayose in comparison to others you must do so with data not random qualitative assertions. There simply is no tool to make any comparison between Fayose and Ambode. A debate that has nothing to do with Babachir Lawal
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by sshalom(m): 11:59am On Apr 20, 2017
Gov Fayose - Nigeria's opposition leader!
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by bumeks(f): 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

U have a problem
Mark these handles, I quoted, they are recruited by Jonathan --the world acclaimed ineffectual buffoon, to defend criminals on the internet..So dont even bother, replying to their hollow attempts to muddle up discussions..
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by aribisala0(m): 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
erinalex:
What is wailer?
To your way of thinking one must be partisan politically?
Well not everyone is. I am sure I have brought up that stadium exam issue sometime in the last 7 days.Neither Buhari nor Jonathan have anything to offer Nigeria n's.
Buhari'so plan is to hope oil prices increase that's it,finish! And tell people to go back to farm forgetting that his herdsmen brotherso are on rampage. To criticise Buhari is not to seek a recall of Jonathan but to face the truth. Tinubu has the vision and capacity to put together a team of people that can do things for Nigeria but he has been sidelined. Many of us who supported this arrangement did so because of Tinubu and what he had achieved with Lagos. We did not vote for him to be sidelined and we must face reality.

A man who took 6 months of choose ministers was not ready to rule.
His handling of the herdsmen issue is a disgrace and we certainly did not vote for a Yoruba Oba to be parades like a criminal in A buy a.
It is easy for me to say all this because I never support any politician blindly. It will be 2 years next month and it is not clear where we are going
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by DeRay98(m): 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2017
All committees GEJ set to probe one or several allegations in his govt how many reports ever came out?
Somebody please tell me who was ever suspended in GEJ's administration, even the indicted Grandpa of Lagos PDP (forgotten his name now), ehen Bode George, who was successful prosecuted by EFCC and served 6months jailed term, was he not cleared later by govt? Soon afterwards EFCC became toothless or hybernated.
In civil service disciplinary actions are not always automatic.
You must always find something to wail about. If actions are swift on suspected offenders una go say Buhari na dictator, he no follow due process. If he follow due process una go catch headache, why the delayed action.
Make una go sleep, waliers are liable to get hypertensive in early ages and stroke might follow before age 40.
Stay alive and healthy, stop wailing.
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Larryhephzi: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2017
My good people of Nigeria please exercise patience with this government. This present administration cannot be compared with the former administration with perversed political appointees and sycophants. I am a concerned nigerian not a politician. Thank you
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by VULCAN(m): 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
All this long epistle and no single like.

My condolences.

The fact remains; If your staff is alleged to have stolen; do you suspend the staff and set up a committee chaired by his fellow colleagues to investigate or do you suspend and allow the police and other governmental authorities investigate.

Tell us which one you would choose?

DTaj:
This despicable character called Ayo Fayose ("Fowlyose"wink should never have been elected an ordinary Councilor, let alone a Governor in a sane society!

If FG does not act, he barks like a dog; if they act, he bleats like a goat! What does this daft clown want?

Fayose is an uncouth loud-mouth, slimy, corrupt and evil soul!

His day of reckoning is almost here- next year when immunity from prosecution would have ended and he would have become an ex-Governor!

Cutting ponmo, eating amala and gbegiri soup at bukas, riding okada in public, climbing a shadowy ladder to inspect fake projects, drinking palm wine in public, sharing N200 among miserably poor Ekiti people, sharing N10 sweets among children, etc would be exposed next year for that they all are- mere 'hollow show without substance'; and the looting going on in Ekiti under this psychopath will be exposed next year!
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2017
Meajor:
Clearly its evident that Bubu has lost grip of his administration.... I just dey regret all the trekking and chanting sai Baba...wasted effort

Similar thing happen under your hero and no one questioned not to talk of suspended hahah..
Re: Damage Control: SGF, NIA Chief’s Suspension An Afterthought – Fayose by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
This man really need a phychatric evaluation.Somebody should remind him that OKE was GEJ liability to PMB govt.Must you make a comment on all issue.Only your admirers i pitted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MASSOB, Arewa Youths Dare FG To Rearrest Nnamdi Kanu / Why I Parted Ways With Buhari - Atiku / Tinubu Visits Sultan Of Sokoto As APC Campaign Trail Lands In Sokoto (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.