Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single (5903 Views)

"If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady / "Until That Man Has Claimed You As His Own You Are Single" - Twitter User / 10 Signs She's Not A Wife Material (for Sapiosexuals Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
Sapiosexuals are simply people who are attracted to intelligence more than physical appearance. Though I find physical beauty appealing, I find it hard to be with ladies who have only fine faces to their credit and nothing upstairs.

This begs the question, why are most sapiosexuals single? Does it mean people no longer seek information or the number of educated illiterates is simply escalating.

What would you prefer, a brainy woman or a slay queen?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
Maybe they come across as intimidating & make others feel like they have to step up their game in order to measure up. Just a guess though. Or it could be that they're the ones not interested since most seem to have very high standards to go with the kind of smarts they require from others.

6 Likes

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:
Maybe they come across as intimidating & make others feel like they have to step up their game in order to measure up. Just a guess though. Or it could be that they're the ones not interested since most seem to have very high standards to go with the kind of smarts they require from others.

I'm inclined to believe that. Yes, there are situations when sapiosexuals come across as intimidating, especially when intellectual matters are being discussed. Their quest for information may cause them to behave in ways 'normal' people would term absurd. And yes, the choosiness is part of it.

Would you say there are more male sapiosexuals than females? And do you consider yourself one?
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Gshegg: 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
But before you get to know the intelligence of that person, the outward appearance is what attracts you first.

Most sapiosexuals appear unattractive to people and once they start dating, their intelligence plays out finding their partner flawed in one way or the other, reason why you see most geeks are single, cos most times they're dedicated to making themselves than engaging in relationships..

6 Likes

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by sisisioge: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
A brainy man!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
epelumi42:

I'm inclined to believe that. Yes, there are situations when sapiosexuals come across as intimidating, especially when intellectual matters are being discussed. Their quest for information may cause them to behave in ways 'normal' people would term absurd. And yes, the choosiness is part of it.

Would you say there are more male sapiosexuals than females? And do you consider yourself one?

Hmmm...I'm not sure about the male/female ratio lol. TBH, I didn't even know "it" had a name. All I know is, I've always been attracted to knowledgeable people. Never been moved by looks alone. The deciding factor for me in relationships has always been about whether we click on a mental level. I need to "get" someone & for them to get me, nothing lost in translation so to speak.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
Gshegg:
But before you get to know the intelligence of that person, the outward appearance is what attracts you first.

Most sapiosexuals appear unattractive to people and once they start dating, their intelligence plays out finding their partner flawed in one way or the other, reason why you see most geeks are single, cos most times they're dedicated to making themselves than engaging in relationships..

True. The outward appearance is what attracts. However, most sapiosexuals will never ask a lady out or accept proposal until they are sure they can relate intellectually with the partner.

Like ZarZar puts it, 'clicking on the mental level.'

4 Likes

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Hmmm...I'm not sure about the male/female ratio lol. TBH, I didn't even know "it" had a name. All I know is, I've always been attracted to knowledgeable people. Never been moved by looks alone. The deciding factor for me in relationships has always been about whether we click on a mental level. I need to "get" someone & for them to get me, nothing lost in translation so to speak.

I'm assuming you're in a relationship with one...

And yes, "it" has a name. LOL.

It usually takes me 5 minutes of conversation to determine that my partner is intellectually rich.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
epelumi42:

I'm assuming you're in a relationship with one...

And yes, "it" has a name. LOL.

It usually takes me 5 minutes of conversation to determine that my partner is intellectually rich.

OMG, I've said the same thing. Like, I just know it instantly by the words that come out of their mouth. Another stumbling block for me when it comes to relating to people, aside from the mental connection thing, I DISLIKE superficiality with passion. I find most guys to be very superficial & more focused on the physical side of things. Not necessarily sex, but the whole titts & ass thing. It's a big turn-off for me. About my current relationship, let's just say it's hard to find the perfect fit tongue But of course I have met a few, things just didn't work out for other reasons. Relationships are extremely hard lol. As the other person posted, we tend to analyse things a lot, therefore, start seeing or "creating" flaws in others. I'm trying to overcome that. I wanna feel more, rather than think more. Currently it's the other way around, hence I struggle here & there. I analyse everything, which in most cases makes me have these internal power struggles between my head & my heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by LePrezident(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

OMG, I've said the same thing. Like, I just know it instantly by the words that come out of their mouth. Another stumbling block for me when it comes to relating to people, aside from the mental connection thing, I DISLIKE superficiality with passion. I find most guys to be very superficial & more focused on the physical side of things. Not necessarily sex, but the whole titts & ass thing. It's a big turn-off for me. About my current relationship, let's just say it's hard to find the perfect fit tongue But of course I have met a few, things just didn't work out for other reasons. Relationships are extremely hard lol. As the other person posted, we tend to analyse things a lot, therefore, start seeing or "creating" flaws in others. I'm trying to overcome that. I wanna feel more, rather than think more. Currently it's the other way around, hence I struggle here & there. I analyse everything, which in most cases makes me have these internal power struggles between my head & my heart.

#LamentationsOfTheHeart

Unfortunately you can't stop thinking more, you're Aquarius.
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

You're right, absolutely right.

Here's it. It is okay to find flaws. There are times when you should never waive your standards. The question is, how much do you love this person? If you totally love them, all their flaws won't matter at all. If you don't, there's no sin in breaking it off when you get the chance. Relationships don't have to be hard if you know what you want. And it doesn't always have to be about sex. In fact, I'm not thrilled by the romance and sex in relationship.

I think I like you already. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by LePrezident(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
Gshegg:

Most sapiosexuals appear unattractive to people[s][/s] and once they start dating, their intelligence plays out finding their partner flawed in one way or the other, reason why you see most geeks are single, cos most times they're dedicated to making themselves than engaging in relationships..

Statement in 'bold' is an absolute fallacy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
LePrezident:

#LamentationsOfTheHeart

Hahaha. That must be it wink What's your sign?
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by LePrezident(m): 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Hahaha. That must be it wink What's your sign?

Gemini and these signs kinda click... oh yeaa, your guess is as good as mine wink
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by luminouz(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:
Am cool with sapiosexuals! Brainy Gehs(add small cuteness) dey trip me!!!!! Examples are U n Raine80!!!
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
LePrezident:

#LamentationsOfTheHeart
grin Hilarious.
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Frolic: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
Who told ya sapiosexuals are usually single. Why always pull trash outta ur mind always when you can at least make do with some silence?...oh lord!

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by luminouz(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
LePrezident:

I concur with d bolded!!! Raine80(very sure) n ZarZar(speculative) are damn fine gehs!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=epelumi42 post=55724860]

You're right, absolutely right.

Here's it. It is okay to find flaws. There are times when you should never waive your standards. The question is, how much do you love this person? If you totally love them, all their flaws won't matter at all. If you don't, there's no sin in breaking it off when you get the chance. Relationships don't have to be hard if you know what you want. And it doesn't always have to be about sex. In fact, I'm not thrilled by the romance and sex in relationship.

I think I like you already. LOL.

Hmmm...that's all I can say about the relationship stuff lol.

You're not too bad to talk to yourself, so I guess the "likeness" is mutual smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Gshegg: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
LePrezident:

Enlighten me
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=ZarZar post=55725095][/quote]

Hahahaha. Be happy in ya relationship jor. I'm worse. Never had a girlfriend but several ... that's a story for another day.

See what they say about being witty. "You're not too bad to talk to yourself." Even though I know exactly what you wanted to say, but wouldn't make obvious. I'll see you around.
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
LePrezident:

Gemini and these signs kinda click... oh yeaa, your guess is as good as mine wink

Ooh lah lah! wink Apparently we go together like the British & bad teeth lol. How come I never meet Gemini men in real life? I'd probably be married to one by now tongue On paper they sound very untrustworthy though. They give me the player vibe grin
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Ooh lah lah! wink Apparently we go together like the British & bad teeth lol. How come I never meet Gemini men in real life? I'd probably be married to one by now tongue On paper they sound very untrustworthy though. They give me the player vibe grin

SMH!
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
epelumi42:

Hahahaha. Be happy in ya relationship jor. I'm worse. Never had a girlfriend but several ... that's a story for another day.

See what they say about being witty. "You're not too bad to talk to yourself." Even though I know exactly what you wanted to say, but wouldn't make obvious. I'll see you around.

Haaa! Tell me the story when you get to it. See you around smiley
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by LePrezident(m): 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol then what are we waiting for? Let's get hitched!

Player vibe you say... Lol, it comes with the Gemini terrain. But the Gemini is usually 'what you see is what you get' kind of person. No time for complicated games of the heart. So I guess if you're straight forward with a Gemini, he/she is straight with you. Player vibe may come across cos a Gemini cannot sustain long and complicated pursuit period, no point being unnecessarily complicated about getting into a romantic arrangement.
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by LePrezident(m): 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
Gshegg:
Enlighten me

I have seen a couple of sapiosexuals and they are in no way unattractive

1 Like

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
luminouz:

Am cool with sapiosexuals! Brainy Gehs(add small cuteness) dey trip me!!!!! Examples are U n Raine80!!!

Awwww
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
epelumi42:

SMH!

You're a Gemini too?
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by bi0nics: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nope. . Not unless you've a proof of your assertion. .

Else, this thread is dead on arrival. . And no, we aren't always unattractive. . Not unless "attractive" has taken a new definition.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

Haaa! Tell me the story when you get to it. See you around smiley

Yass. You'll definitely hear it. Wrote a couple of episodes in 2015 but many "things" have happened since then.
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by epelumi42(m): 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
ZarZar:

You're a Gemini too?

Nah. Capricorn. Fits my personality perfectly.

"A Capricorn person possess judicial and industrious nature. He is a down-to-earth person where as an
Aquarius person loves nature and does everything creatively. An Aquarian is too responsive and easily gets drifted to the present scenario. The compatibility is at the best when they both compliment each other... And blah blah blah."
Re: Why Most Sapiosexuals Are Single by extremelygolden: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
epelumi42:
Sapiosexuals are simply people who are attracted to intelligence more than physical appearance. Though I find physical beauty appealing, I find it hard to be with ladies who have only fine faces to their credit and nothing upstairs.

This begs the question, why are most sapiosexuals single? Does it mean people no longer seek information or the number of educated illiterates is simply escalating.

What would you prefer, a brainy woman or a slay queen?

The exact same problem I have been facing. I am too inclined to intelligent people. If you aren't one, I place you on a total different pedestal from other friends.
Help me O God!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am At The Edge Of Quitting My 3 Years Relationship / Now I Strongly Believe Nigerian Men Are Wicked (photo) / Do Guys With Pink Lips Make Girls Hornyy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.