Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know (61333 Views)

Lagos Poly Students Jump Through The Fence / OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos) / Man Meets Professor Alexander Animalu On A Plane To Abuja & Is Excited About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2017
LaDolceVida:
Wish i could jump on that plane right now
if wishes were horses complet it
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Allwility: 10:40am On Apr 20, 2017
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by geekybabe(f): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2017
Lol.. Contact ministry of education for what now?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by tobbie247(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2017
folanrewaju77:

I might b able to help, if it's postgraduate studies
yes sir. I'm done with my B.Sc. how do we talk?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Ugonna5500(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2017
tobbie247:
can you help in my search for affordable colleges for my master's degree? I'd be very grateful

visit....scholarship-positions.com
It's the most credible source. There are many institutions around the world offering scholarships for masters and you could be lucky. My friend arrived Italy last year for his masters, an information he got from the website. Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Allwility: 10:42am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
1 contact the country embassey where the university is located. ask them relevant questions ? at times the embassey may request for an official letter for that purpose and a little amount of cash. pls do it .it worth it.

2 consult ministry of education in abuja . at times school may be accredited in her country but unfit for nigeria education standard. mary abacha uni in niger is a typical example. this might also cost you. do it. it is better

3 ensure the institution program is accredited by relevant authourity where the school is located. make the use of website to checj on agency responsible for validating schools programs. eg in the germany FIBAA is the only responsible agent to vaiidate business course.

lastly. make sure , you document are valid (i.e)waec ,passport and other traveling document are intact and free of fraud. this might be an obstacle for you to proceed into nysc after you complet your degree if there isa little suspect of fraud, ASK ME ANY QUESTION ABOUT STUDY ABROAD
Mbok, work on your punctuation.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Cyclone2000: 10:42am On Apr 20, 2017
Thank you very much, vaxx. This is really an eye opener. I intend traveling to the Philippines to study medicine, my parents have finalised arrangements with one agency here, we were assured their certificates are recognised worldwide and that 1 in 10 of practicing doctors in the US got their degrees in Philippines. Pls, is there any other thing I need to know.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Naijalabel(m): 10:45am On Apr 20, 2017
archymacho:
I wanna write ILETS. Can I get tips about how to go about it successfully ?
Practice practice practice ....thats all you need
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by tinnymerit(m): 10:46am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
yes but at times you can by pass it, getting in touch with WES from nigeria might be tediuos and may be costly. every country has a body that regulate admission requirement apart from the main institution. ours in nigeria is called NUC, a foreigner interested in schooling in nigeria may consult NUC instead of WES
and what are the name of the bodies?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:46am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
using two waec combined result may not be good option. western universities will consider only 1 siting exams. however some private uni in cameroon ,benin or ghana might take two sittings . the standard requirement of admission in nigeria is two waec or neco written exams not exceding five years interval. consult utme brochure for more update.

since you are about to finish up with your bsc. complet it and use it to apply for your master.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:47am On Apr 20, 2017
archymacho:
the best advice iwill give is to email ILETS and ask for tranning school that prepare student for their exams here in nigeria. register with them and all other things will be added up.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Ugonna5500(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2017
archymacho:

what are you writing ILETS for? Didn't you pass your English in your WAEC. I think every institution around the world offering English does not require the certificate from Nigerian students....But it's okay, if you need guidance, you can visit futurelearn.com or edx.org and search for ILETS preparation courses. They sites are offering free courses in every area and the important thing is that the courses are all free. You can decide to buy the their accredited certificates at the end of the course if you wish. But for me, I just study and widen my scope of knowledge there for free

2 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by tobbie247(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2017
Ugonna5500:

visit....scholarship-positions.com
It's the most credible source. There are many institutions around the world offering scholarships for masters and you could be lucky. My friend arrived Italy last year for his masters, an information he got from the website. Goodluck
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2017
Lukmann1:
it is useless to go studied on abroad.

It ain't useless if they can teach you how to write correctly.
See your head like the grammatical blunder you wrote up there.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Jemc(m): 10:52am On Apr 20, 2017
folanrewaju77:

I might b able to help, if it's postgraduate studies
can we talk, am interested in studying at any German free tuition fee school. 07038015327
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by sircrabo: 10:52am On Apr 20, 2017

Pls op, I will like relevant info on how to apply
For Masters in Germany.

Admission procedure, requirements, good schools, how much will be needed ...

Wrote some schools in Germany that offer courses in English recently, still waiting for their response. In most of the websites I visited I didn't see a registration form for masters, how do I apply and which school do you think is best ?

Thanks
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2017
tinnymerit:
and what are the name of the bodies?
depending on the country of your interest. mention the country of your choice? example UK it is QAA, GHANA it is NAB
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by tobbie247(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
yes i can . but this is my question to you? will you prefer to study locally for a western degree? how much is your budget?

western, for the exposure. smiley
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2017
Cyclone2000:
Thank you very much, vaxx. This is really an eye opener. I intend traveling to the Philippines to study medicine, my parents have finalised arrangements with one agency here, we were assured their certificates are recognised worldwide and that 1 in 10 of practicing doctors in the US got their degrees in Philippines. Pls, is there any other thing that I need to know.
check with philippines embassey and federal ministry of education
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2017
alexistaiwo:

It ain't useless if they can teach you how to write correctly.
See your head like the grammatical blunder you wrote up there.

Chief, you made a mistake.

The guy is a jobless attention seeker who intentionally makes grammatical errors so that people would pay him attention.

I was happy no one gave him a Like or Mention till i saw yours. Next time, Sir, just ignore him.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 20, 2017
JesusChrist666:

Chief, you made a mistake.

The guy is a jobless attention seeker who intentionally makes grammatical errors so that people would pay him attention.

I was happy no one gave him a Like or Mention till i saw yours. Next time, Sir, just ignore him.

Noted
Thanks.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2017
SO AFTER UR EDUCATION OUTSIDE NIGERIA U COME BACK FOR NYSC HUH...... YET TO POLITICIANS AND RICH MENS CHILDREN SERVING NYSC..... NIGERIA IS A BLOODY SCAM.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2017
sircrabo:

Pls op, I will like relevant info on how to apply
For Masters in Germany.

Admission procedure, requirements, good schools, how much will be needed ...

Wrote some schools in Germany that offer courses in English recently, still waiting for their response. In most of the websites I visited I didn't see a registration form for masters, how do I apply and which school do you think is best ?

please note that german un is not as free as u think。to study abroad you need to also include accomodation and health insurance policy into your budget ,not excluding what i called chop money. you can get a german master degree locally without steping out of west africa. anyway if you are intrested in going directly, pri uni in germany will be better option for you. the puplic school hardly return emails and largerly prefer EU student.

if you have a relation there? the person may go to your school of choice physically and made a request on your behalf.
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by folanrewaju77(m): 11:08am On Apr 20, 2017
Jemc:
can we talk, am interested in studying at any German free tuition fee school. 07038015327

Sent u a Whatsapp msg already
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by vaxx: 11:14am On Apr 20, 2017
tobbie247:

western, for the exposure. smiley
good. what is your budget? and which western country is your prefer choice?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by goingape1: 11:15am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
1 contact the country embassey where the university is located. ask them relevant questions ? at times the embassey may request for an official letter for that purpose and a little amount of cash. pls do it .it worth it.

2 consult ministry of education in abuja . at times school may be accredited in her country but unfit for nigeria education standard. mary abacha uni in niger is a typical example. this might also cost you. do it. it is better

3 ensure the institution program is accredited by relevant authourity where the school is located. make the use of website to checj on agency responsible for validating schools programs. eg in the germany FIBAA is the only responsible agent to vaiidate business course.

lastly. make sure , you document are valid (i.e)waec ,passport and other traveling document are intact and free of fraud. this might be an obstacle for you to proceed into nysc after you complet your degree if there isa little suspect of fraud, ASK ME ANY QUESTION ABOUT STUDY ABROAD
rubbish!

go through a relevant agent and all this will be history!
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by OnePunchMan: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2017
Lukmann1:
it is useless to go studied on abroad.

Your command of basic English language says otherwise
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by tobbie247(m): 11:20am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:
good. what is your budget? and which western country is your prefer choice?

Somewhere in Europe. I don't know why I'm scared of Asia. can we talk somewhere else? WhatsApp maybe.

thank you sir
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by Joshkid(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2017
vaxx:

Is Waec the only O level criteria for studying abroad?.. . What about neco?
Re: Before You Jump On The Plane To Study Abroad, What You Should Know by oyienootieno: 11:39am On Apr 20, 2017
No.2 is totally not relevant.. saying one school is infit for Nigeria. This same Nigeria abeg park well. When Religious School is flooding everywhere. Moreso who will spend so much to study abroad only to come here and ne paid penny?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / John Paul Nwaezeigwe Graduates With First Class From A Univesity In Canada. PICS / Edo University Iyamo School Fees Will Shock You (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.