Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

5 Ways To Healthier Eyes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes (692 Views)

5 Ways To Avoid Razor Bumps / 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness / Testimony: Your Sperm Can Be Healthier With This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by saydfact(m): 3:15pm On Apr 20, 2017
No5: Sleep more
It is found that lack of sleep leads to problems like eye spasms. You can find this very aggravating although it is not very painful. Apart from this, lack of sleep can also lead to ischemic optic neuropathy (AION). This is due to damage of optic nerves and will cause immense pain when you wake up everyday. It is therefore necessary to get a good sleep. Try reading books or engage in activities that make you feel relaxed before sleeping. Remember that sleeping is the only way to relax your eyes after a long, busy day.

No4: Move away from your computer
Continuous staring at your computer screen can bring about blurry vision, eyestrain, and difficulty with focusing on distant objects, dry eyes, headaches, shoulder, neck and back pain. You can protect your eye health by ensuring that your contact lens or glasses have an up-to-date prescription. Such prescription must make your lens and glasses adequate for the use of computers. Glasses also come handy when you want to adjust the glare, contrast or reduce eye strain while using the computer. Position the computer such that the monitor is in level with your eyes. Try avoiding computer glare from lights and windows. Use anti-glare screens and relax your eyes by looking away from the monitor screen every 20 minutes.

No3: Quit smoking
Smoking has been linked with some of the leading reasons for vision loss like macular degeneration and cataracts. It is also believed that smoking contributes to multitude of eye problems in both active and passive smokers. Tobacco smoke is known to contain over 4000 substances, including carcinogens, inflammatory agents and irritants. Smokers are therefore facing the high risk of old age blindness. Avoiding or quitting smoking is one of the best measures that you can adopt to overcome these issues.

No2: Protect yourself with sunglasses
Sunglasses can help you achieve more than just glamorous looks. They are essential tools for safeguarding your eye health and its surrounding tissues. UV radiations can harm the cornea and thereby lead to cataracts. UV radiations are also linked to problems like pingueculum, pterygium and macular degeneration. Sunglasses help to shield the fragile eye tissues against such dangers. Look for glasses that offer protection from UVA and UVB rays. You can also choose polarized lenses that reduce the glare by filtering sunlight that is reflected from surfaces like pavement and water. Your sunglasses must fit well on your ears and nose without rubbing or pinching.

No1: Eat well
Protection of your eyes must start with the right food in your plate. Many studies have proved that nutrients like lutein, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins E and C help to keep away age-related eye problems. These include cataracts and macular degeneration. Consuming green vegetables regularly can help you maintain healthy eyes. So consume green and leafy vegetables to promote eye health. Colored fruits and leafy vegetables contain carotenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein that play vital roles on vision performance. They are also known to produce a positive reaction on retina.

Remember to share with loved ones.

culled: HealthTips on www.palmchatnow.com

Re: 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by Teewhy2: 7:20am On Apr 21, 2017
Some people said cry more as the water that comes out wash out dirty from your eyes.
Is that true op
Re: 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by katelyryan: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2017
I don't know why sometimes my eyes gets red in morning.I always used to sleep at proper time still i am facing this problem. embarassed cry
Re: 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by Teewhy2: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2017
katelyryan:
I don't know why sometimes my eyes gets red in morning.I always used to sleep at proper time still i am facing t evis problem. embarassed cry
I think you need to visit the optician as they are the one who might run test and decide this is the main issue you are experiencing .
Re: 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by saydfact(m): 8:58am On Apr 21, 2017
katelyryan:
I don't know why sometimes my eyes gets red in morning.I always used to sleep at proper time still i am facing t evis problem. embarassed cry

i wld have said maybe you're not sleeping enough but you already cleared that doubt.... so what cld be the cause?

Lalasticlala can you please help? thanks
Re: 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by julyb(m): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
hello,
Thank you for the insight.
Please my eyes always get wet.it also comes with some pepperish pain.
Kindly advise how to find a lasting solution to this.
Thank you for the swift response
Re: 5 Ways To Healthier Eyes by saydfact(m): 8:23am On Apr 24, 2017
julyb:
hello,
Thank you for the insight.
Please my eyes always get wet.it also comes with some pepperish pain.
Kindly advise how to find a lasting solution to this.
Thank you for the swift response

The eye is a very delicate organ, what works for A might damage B's eye.. I'll advice u visit an optician to study ur eye and recommend the appropriate eye drop.. Don't buy over the counter and use.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Tips On Having Beautiful Pimples-free Face / Permanent Removal Of Beard And Facial Hair / KEDI Health Consult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.