Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,366 members, 7,826,438 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness (19426 Views)

5 Ways To Avoid Razor Bumps / I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Opinionated: 10:00am On May 30, 2017
Mental toughness takes many forms, some of which include resilience against attack, calmness in the face of uncertainty, persistence through pain, or focus amidst chaos. To live effectively in this world, it is important to learn to develop mental toughness. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 5 ways to build mental toughness

Make a Decision

If you want to be tougher, be tougher. Don’t meditate on it, don’t think too much about it, just do it. Being strong mentally is, more than anything, a decision to do so no matter the circumstance. You can start small with the little things and work your way to the big ones, but by all means start.

Learn to be Persistent

As long as you keep letting every small or big thing bring you down, as long as you continue to give reasons and excuses for giving up or being unable to put in more effort to achieve your goal, you will remain weak. You have to learn to push yourself a little bit more than your limit. Remember, learn to always push a little bit more. When you do this, you will find a new depth within yourself.

Tackle Your Fears

Never let fear rule or control any of your actions and inactions. Never. You’ll end up regretting it in the not too distant future. Learn to put your fears in line and don’t give fear too much priority. Avoid running away from your fears, and if you must run away from them, do so to gather more knowledge and skills to come back and do what it takes to confront and overcome those fears.

People for some strange reason tend to underestimate the power of talking to a trusted someone and sharing your fears, difficulties and discomforts. No one can live this life alone, and many times you will need someone who can help you see things from a different perspective. There is so much strength in unity, two heads are better than one, and remember that a problem shared with the right person is already half-solved.

To Dream or Not to Dream

Dreams are great. They’re a great motivational force and help keep you focused, but dreams are also largely things you fantasize about. We all know fantasies don’t always become reality. You therefore have to learn to convert your dreams to goals. Set SMART goals and work to achieve them. When you successfully achieve these goals, it helps to build a sense of confidence and accomplishment in you that’s great for strengthening your mental toughness.

Commitment

You need to learn to be committed to whatever you decide to do. Make a single decision and stick to it. The decision should be clear, simple and straightforward so it can be easy and realistic to maintain and achieve. Refuse to compromise and don’t beat yourself up or give up because of some failures along the way. Be resilient, be persistent and do not give up until the end. Once you learn commitment, you will be surprised at just how powerful this tool is.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-ways-build-mental-toughness/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by ochgeorg(m): 10:03am On May 30, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by ekems2017(f): 10:03am On May 30, 2017
Noted
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Ezedon(m): 10:04am On May 30, 2017
I will like to a President so that I will rule from London

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Nobody: 10:04am On May 30, 2017
nice one

check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by benedictnsi(m): 10:05am On May 30, 2017
love your neighbor too
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by bmxshop: 10:05am On May 30, 2017
good.
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Nobody: 10:05am On May 30, 2017
op and mental health issues ehn.... 5& 6

did you graduate from yaba

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Chicybez: 10:05am On May 30, 2017
Nice n noted
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Singapore1(m): 10:06am On May 30, 2017
my own list

1. be an arsenal fans

2. have a gtb account

3. be a bitcoin trader

4. own a blockchain account

drop pen

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by dangotesmummy: 10:06am On May 30, 2017
Mshewwwww

E be like say this one be up coming counselor

Chaz bee wanabe
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Nobody: 10:06am On May 30, 2017
Nice list op.. Very insightful... I think I need to learn to be persistent... I give up easily
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Raymondreigns(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2017
I nr wan read jor...I just hurry to comment!!still didn't make FTC..
one day I must make it dats me being tough!! grin I nr wan read jor...I just hurry to comment!!still didn't make FTC..
one day I must make it dats me being tough!!
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by FitnessDoctor: 10:07am On May 30, 2017
I would have loved to say kudos to this post but there is something is very wrong..

You said

If you want to be tougher, be tougher. Don’t meditate on it, don’t think too much about it, just do it. Being strong mentally is, more than anything, a decision to do so no matter the circumstance.

Mentally tough people make the right decisions because they work their brain to get the right thing... They are not clingy to a certain decision, so when it faces they are ready to seek the next alternative rather than pour out their emotions on a failed project.. Because the time they spent working and thinking about that decision gave them enough time to create an alternative or backup in case the first didn't work..

If you want to be mentally tough, then all you need to do is control your emotions (which is harder for the ladies).. Because your emotions can make your brain think otherwise when what you are doing is right... Once emotions are controlled your brain will be able to think and overcome easily... (It is emotions that make you breakdown when a decision fails)...

I remain Paul Samuel - FitnesDoctor... I didn't go jogging today grin grin grin grin Shame on me... I hope you all did...

Remember you deserve to look good, let no one tell you otherwise #speakingfromexperience

8 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Oladelson(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2017
okay
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Nobody: 10:07am On May 30, 2017
Go through a terrible experience without breaking.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by realestniggah: 10:08am On May 30, 2017
okay we have heard you
now can you tell us how we can tackle the economy
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Articul8(m): 10:08am On May 30, 2017
Fight your fears. Decisions are the most difficult things to Make. Aggggrrrrrhh

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by preponey: 10:10am On May 30, 2017
NICE it was helpful
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Nobody: 10:11am On May 30, 2017
1) denounce your Afonja roots. 2). ratak and sniper are not problem solvers. 3). emulate IPOB youths. 4). denounce any spirit of 'coordinator-ship' 5). come out from bourdillion, accost Dino. 6). Muster courage, mind your business.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by nazeefsco(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2017
Iive in Nigeria
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Jayjey(m): 10:12am On May 30, 2017
above all God is the answer to all our worries. accept in and all other thongs shall come inline.

checkout my signature.
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by jashar(f): 10:13am On May 30, 2017
lemme try this.
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by SamAbims(m): 10:13am On May 30, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by joganut(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2017
Take your monthly salary and place it all on Naija bet hoping for the mega millions... cool
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by oshe11: 10:18am On May 30, 2017
Do not Give A Fu#k

I repeat NEVER GIVE A FU#K

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Alphamale2017(m): 10:27am On May 30, 2017
this Is shit. I will give you over 10 . but I am busy.

number 1 . whenever you have doubt or fear if you can achieve ur dreams, make sure u shout and scream to yourself that you can. it helps to build ur self believe

wonder why coaches like Diego someone , klopp and conte shout slot on the touch line?? it helps u build ur believe that u can still win the game even if u are 2-0 down.

I am busy. I will drop the remaining 9 later
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Nobody: 10:28am On May 30, 2017
Practice mindfulness. In sports your mind should be able to push your body. Get rid of negative emotions such as doubt, fear, disappointment. To excel in mental tasks
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by Seunpaul01(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2017
Nice opinion.
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by robosky02(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2017
the real test of toughness
Re: 5 Ways To Build Mental Toughness by themonk(m): 10:34am On May 30, 2017
One of the most useful post I've come across on nairaland. pls i need tips on how to stay focused, i have a wandering mind that has cost me a lot. cry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAPA: No More Leave Of Absence For Health Workers Relocating Abroad – FG / Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Is Excessive Drinking Habit A Cause For Being Pot Bellied?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.