Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? (13342 Views)

Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics / Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by italo: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
actually, whenever i discuss with people even those who i know are lying i do due diligence. i read d article top to bottom and had a good laugh.

Lol...i read it too. It was hilarious. They even said Pope John X was made an Archbishop when he was 5 years old, and Doctoralien believes.

If he comes across a website that says Catholic Church increased the heat of the Sun, the mumu will believe, without thinking.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I hope you know that the orthodox church broke from the catholic church btw 1054-1600s and the all have priestly robes, celibate bishops and sirach etc in their bible?
d ceremonies in d catholic church are d same with those found in d catacombs!
So who are ur early xtians?

You didn't read up the Wikipedia link
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
italo:

What is your claim?

That you Read other historical sources
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
The orthodox christians actually broke away from catholicism in 1054-1600. They are the worst example you can give because orthodox also believe the roman church was began by st peter and st paul, with primacy, their doctrine are abt 90% similar to catholic. Infact the pope is going to egypt this year and the orthodox patriarch will be joining in the trip.

If you are correct, then they must have their own line of Popes. But how come they dont and only the Catholics do?
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 8:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
italo:

If the Orthodox account is correct, then Pope Francis is the 265th successor of St. Peter...That is proof that early Christians were Catholics.

Where will you turn now, shadeyinka?

How many Popes do you think the Orthodox Christians have. If they broke of from the Catholics then, you must share the same train of Popes up to your breakup.

How come they don't use the title Pope...could it be that the title was a recent invention?
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by easymancfc(m): 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

How many Popes do you think the Orthodox Christians have. If they broke of from the Catholics then, you must share the same train of Popes up to your breakup

shade I think you have a misconception about the orthodox and Catholic Churches....
here is the fact... the orthodox church separated from the Catholic Church and not the Catholic Church from the orthodox church...
this is called the great schism or the East-West split.. Which happened in 1054... prior to that.. they were the same church which was CATHOLIC... they separated because of certain disagreements Prominent among these were the issues of the source of the Holy Spirit , whether leavened or unleavened bread should be used in the Eucharist , the
Bishop of Rome's claim to universal
jurisdiction, and the place of the See of
Constantinople in relation to the Pentarchy...

THE POINT IS THEY WERE ONE CHURCH BEFORE THEN AND WERE ALL UNDER THE SEE OF THE BISHOP OF ROME BEFORE 1054... AND POPE URBAN TRYING TO UNITE THEM CALLED FOR THE CRUSADES IN 1055 TO HELP WIN BACK CHRISTIAN TERRITORIES OF SPAIN, JERUSALEM ETC AND THE UNIFICATION OF BOTH EAST AND WEST.. WHICH UNFORTUNATELY DIDN'T HAPPEN

TO ANSWER YOUR IMMEDIATE QUESTION... THE LAST POPE THEY RECOGNIZED WAS POPE LEO IX.. DURING WHOSE PAPACY THE SCHISM OR SEPARATION OCCURRED

here's a link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
italo:

Lol...i read it too. It was hilarious. They even said Pope John X was made an Archbishop when he was 5 years old, and Doctoralien believes.

If he comes across a website that says Catholic Church increased the heat of the Sun, the mumu will believe, without thinking.
Na we cause cause global warming.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
easymancfc:

Oh.. So you know everything.. Please give the Part of the Catechism where the Catholic Church teaches that its followers should ADORE MARY...
please I need the Paragraph number... am curious... prove it using the Catechism which contains all Catholic teachings
Me too
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
easymancfc:

shade I think you have a misconception about the orthodox and Catholic Churches....
here is the fact... the orthodox church separated from the Catholic Church and not the Catholic Church from the orthodox church...
this is called the great schism or the East-West split.. Which happened in 1054... prior to that.. they were the same church which was CATHOLIC... they separated because of certain disagreements Prominent among these were the issues of the source of the Holy Spirit , whether leavened or unleavened bread should be used in the Eucharist , the
Bishop of Rome's claim to universal
jurisdiction, and the place of the See of
Constantinople in relation to the Pentarchy...

THE POINT IS THEY WERE ONE CHURCH BEFORE THEN AND WERE ALL UNDER THE SEE OF THE BISHOP OF ROME BEFORE 1054... AND POPE URBAN TRYING TO UNITE THEM CALLED FOR THE CRUSADES IN 1055 TO HELP WIN BACK CHRISTIAN TERRITORIES OF SPAIN, JERUSALEM ETC AND THE UNIFICATION OF BOTH EAST AND WEST.. WHICH UNFORTUNATELY DIDN'T HAPPEN

TO ANSWER YOUR IMMEDIATE QUESTION... THE LAST POPE THEY RECOGNIZED WAS POPE LEO IX.. DURING WHOSE PAPACY THE SCHISM OR SEPARATION OCCURRED

here's a link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_Schism

Thanks for the explanations but my question is still valid. The Orthodox Christians do not use the title "Pope".

If Peter was the First pope and other popes followed, then your common history before the split would have included popes in their historical links.

The fact that they prefer to use Bishop instead of pope showed that the title of pope was a relatively recent invention.

I appreciate the fact that you used their proper titles

1. They were ALL under the SEE of the BISHOP of ROME (NOT a Pope)
2. Pope Urban was a Catholic so the use of the title Pope.

The Catholic church choose to call all the past church leaders POPE up to Peter while the ones through which you share similar history did not use that title.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

How many Popes do you think the Orthodox Christians have. If they broke of from the Catholics then, you must share the same train of Popes up to your breakup.
the orthodox actually recognise the popes until the breakup.

How come they don't use the title Pope...could it be that the title was a recent invention?
actually orthodox patriarch use the title pope... The patriarch of alexandria still uses the title. It isnt a recent invention.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

If you are correct, then they must have their own line of Popes. But how come they dont and only the Catholics do?
The alexandrian orthodox has a line of popes too, constantinople, antioch has lines of patriarchs.

It seems u are pretty ignorant about d orthodox.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

I actually did, it seems u are ignorant of what it says.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

It seems you know little about orthodox, they have priestly robes, celibate bishops, archbishops and patriarchs like catholics, they believe mary is d mother of God and a whole host of other catholic doctrine abt 90%.... If you go to the church on feb 16 you'll meet them celebrate the remembrance of pope leo a catholic pope.
Infact the priest will say these exact words:

O Champion of Orthodoxy, and teacher of holiness, / The enlightenment of the universe and the inspired glory of true believers. / O most wise Father Leo, your teachings are as music of the Holy Spirit for us! / Pray thatChrist our God may save our souls!
https://oca.org/saints/troparia/2017/02/18/100553-st-leo-the-great-the-pope-of-rome
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Mcowubaba: 6:59am On Apr 23, 2017
easymancfc:

Oh.. So you know everything.. Please give the Part of the Catechism where the Catholic Church teaches that its followers should ADORE MARY...
please I need the Paragraph number... am curious... prove it using the Catechism which contains all Catholic teachings
All this irrelevant arguments.
Where did I talk about Catechism
undecided undecided

Catholics give Mary undeserved attention. Period!!!
You guys know where you got that Idealogy from, probably your founders, maybe the left it out of the written Catechism, but Catholics are indoctrinated to honor, praise and worship Mary, this is Public Knowledge with huge Empirical Evidence.

Many Churches, Catholic inclusive, don't always follow their doctrine/Catechism firmly.. There's always a deviation.
When people don't even follow the Bible firmly, is it Man made Catechism that the would follow

PS. I never said I know everything, I said I know ALMOST everything about CATHOLIC Church, I have been a member, a mass sever, a worker nd I have been to many Catholic formations in my life. My baptism, Holy Eucharist, Reconciliation, confirmation were all done in a Catholic church

I have worked closely with over 5 Reverend fathers, uncountable Reverend brothers and sisters, 2 monsignors, 3 different Bishops before in both official and religious capacities..
So yes, I know about Catholic Church to an very large extent.
I doubt you even have such experience nd exposure in the Catholic, u probably have been a Church goer since birth, highest u belong to one society, probably St Vincent de Paul (begging around for money) grin grin or legion of Mary (better babes dey always dey that Society wink wink)
I maybe wrong about you though, u fit be Catechist or Seminarian
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by italo: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2017
Mcowubaba:

All this irrelevant arguments.
Where did I talk about Catechism
undecided undecided

Catholics give Mary undeserved attention. Period!!!
You guys know where you got that Idealogy from, probably your founders, maybe the left it out of the written Catechism, but Catholics are indoctrinated to honor, praise and worship Mary, this is Public Knowledge with huge Empirical Evidence.

Many Churches, Catholic inclusive, don't always follow their doctrine/Catechism firmly.. There's always a deviation.
When people don't even follow the Bible firmly, is it Man made Catechism that the would follow

PS. I never said I know everything, I said I know ALMOST everything about CATHOLIC Church, I have been a member, a mass sever, a worker nd I have been to many Catholic formations in my life. My baptism, Holy Eucharist, Reconciliation, confirmation were all done in a Catholic church

I have worked closely with over 5 Reverend fathers, uncountable Reverend brothers and sisters, 2 monsignors, 3 different Bishops before in both official and religious capacities..
So yes, I know about Catholic Church to an very large extent.
I doubt you even have such experience nd exposure in the Catholic, u probably have been a Church goer since birth, highest u belong to one society, probably St Vincent de Paul (begging around for money) grin grin or legion of Mary (better babes dey always dey that Society wink wink)
I maybe wrong about you though, u fit be Catechist or Seminarian

So, in a nutshell, you cant find where the Catechism teaches us to adore Mary. But all those Bishops, Cardinals and Popes you've met told you that they worship Mary? Can you prove that?
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 7:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the orthodox actually recognise the popes until the breakup.

actually orthodox patriarch use the title pope... The patriarch of alexandria still uses the title. It isnt a recent invention.

The Eastern Orthodox Church is opposed to the Roman Catholic doctrine of papal supremacy. While not denying that some form of primacy could exist for Rome's bishop, Orthodox Christians argue that the tradition of Rome's primacy in the early Church was not equivalent to the current doctrine of supremacy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_opposition_to_papal_supremacy
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 7:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
The alexandrian orthodox has a line of popes too, constantinople, antioch has lines of patriarchs.

It seems u are pretty ignorant about d orthodox.
The religious authority for Eastern Orthodoxy is not a Patriarch or the Pope as in Catholicism, nor the Bible as in Protestantism, but the scriptures as interpreted by the seven ecumenical councils of the Church. The Orthodox Church is a fellowship of "autocephalous" (Greek for self-headed) Churches, with the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople being the only autocephalous head who holds the title primus inter pares, meaning "first among equals" in Latin. The Patriarch of Constantinople has the honor of primacy, but his title is only first among equals and has no real authority over Churches other than the Constantinopolitan.[1][64][65] The Orthodox Church considers Jesus Christ to be the head of the Church and the Church to be his body. It is believed that authority and the grace of God is directly passed down to Orthodox bishops and clergy through the laying on of hands—a practice started by the apostles, and that this unbroken historical and physical link is an essential element of the true Church (Acts 8:17, 1 Tim 4:14, Heb 6:2).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Mcowubaba: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2017
italo:

So, in a nutshell, you cant find where the Catechism teaches us to adore Mary. But all those Bishops, Cardinals and Popes you've met told you that they worship Mary? Can you prove that?

U guys pray the Rosary. Hail Mary full of Grace undecided undecided undecided (that 1 no be adoration) undecided undecided blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God undecided, Pray for Us sinners now and at the hour of our death undecided undecided (no be intercession be dis 1)

Catholics also Wear the scapular
Pray Hail holy queen and the memorare, if the contents of this prayers are not pure adoration, worship and praise, Nothing else in this world is!!!!

Catholics Have hundreds of Societies referencing Mary.
The construct very Expensive Mary's Sculptures, pictures, then start bowing down to it and praying in front of the Sculpture.

Mary was nobody, God, Jesus Christ was before Mary, what qualified Mary was Jesus Christ.
She was just favored, many women had her Qualities at the time of birth of Jesus, but as the Bible said, she was FAVORED .

Before Abraham, Jesus Christ was in existence, not to talk about Mary.

Throughout the old testament, all the prophets that talked about the coming of Christ, did not make any reference to Mary, the only said a VIRGIN will conceive,} it could have been any Virgin.
CATHOLICS reference the Mary aspects of Jesus Christ, more than Jesus Christ himself..

According her undue prayers.
All the things done in The Catholic Church are not in your so called Catechism, that small book.
Harvest and Barza dey Catechism undecided
Catholics do almost 4 Harvests grin Childern, Tennager, Youth, Adult, Mature, Old Harvests grin
Where is it in the Catechism undecided
All those unnecessary Fund raising, where is it in the Catechism undecided
I knew a Reverend Father then, that always REQUEST A new car very 2 years, I have also seen 2 Reverend fathers struggle for Offering money (the both coordinated the Mass in a neutral ground) I guess all this things are in your Catechism and doctrine...

Oga go and sleep
or rush to morning mass, I know it's early morning in Nigeria. .

1 Like

Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 7:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
It seems you know little about orthodox, they have priestly robes, celibate bishops, archbishops and patriarchs like catholics, they believe mary is d mother of God and a whole host of other catholic doctrine abt 90%.... If you go to the church on feb 16 you'll meet them celebrate the remembrance of pope leo a catholic pope.
Infact the priest will say these exact words:

O Champion of Orthodoxy, and teacher of holiness, / The enlightenment of the universe and the inspired glory of true believers. / O most wise Father Leo, your teachings are as music of the Holy Spirit for us! / Pray thatChrist our God may save our souls!
https://oca.org/saints/troparia/2017/02/18/100553-st-leo-the-great-the-pope-of-rome

In 1054, a papal delegation to the Patriarch of Constantinople excommunicated the patriarch and were in turn excommunicated by him. Though this schism was as much an issue of personal animosity and misunderstanding as anything else, the schism was never healed as the earlier schisms had been.

The foremost theological-ecclesiological division between Eastern Orthodoxy and Catholicism is the role of the Bishop of Rome, or the Pope. In the west, Church unity was expressed through being in communion with the Bishop of Rome, as the successor of St. Peter.

https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2016/07/01/exactly-divides-catholics-orthodox/

So you see the title Patriarch/Bishop was used before the schism for the head of the church.

I know of the Robes and co...my argument was about the title "Pope". If they had been using it before the breakup, they would have continued using it. And now, we would have two lines of Popes. One for the Orthodox and one for the Catholics each claiming descent from Peter.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2017
It is good u are reading up.
shadeyinka:

In 1054, a papal delegation to the Patriarch of Constantinople excommunicated the patriarch and were in turn excommunicated by him. Though this schism was as much an issue of personal animosity and misunderstanding as anything else, the schism was never healed as the earlier schisms had been.

https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2016/07/01/exactly-divides-catholics-orthodox/

So you see the title Patriarch/Bishop was used before the schism for the head of the church.
not true, the bishop of rome had more than one title, you either call him patriarch of d west, bishop of rome, archbishop of italy, pope.... All these titles were used b4 the schism

I know of the Robes and co...my argument was about the title "Pope". If they had been using it before the breakup, they would have continued using it. And now, we would have two lines of Popes. One for the Orthodox and one for the Catholic
there is an orthodox pope.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

The Orthodox Christians do not use the title "Pope".

If Peter was the First pope and other popes followed, then your common history before the split would have included popes in their historical links.
their history include popes, i said it b4 u seem ignorant about this topic
www.holytrinityorthodox.com/calendar/los/February/18-01.htm

1. They were ALL under the SEE of the BISHOP of ROME (NOT a Pope)
you are now sounding uneducated, the bishop of rome IS called pope, Just as d bishop of armenia is calld catholicos
2. Pope Urban was a Catholic so the use of the title Pope.

The Catholic church choose to call all the past church leaders POPE up to Peter while the ones through which you share similar history did not use that title.
the orthodox bishop of alexandria is also calld pope, he is a successor of st mark d evangelist. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Tawadros_II_of_Alexandria
Say helo to his holiness.

1 Like

Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:17am On Apr 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

The title pope simple means 'father', it was commonly used for priests, it was later reserved for bishops and paticulary for the apostolic sees.

By the 5th century the title was reserved for mainly two sees, the see of rome and the see of alexandra. The pope of Alexandria was excommunicated by an ecumenical council and the title was used solely for the pope of rome in the catholic church, other patriarchs have their own different titles...alexandria and rome have popes. There is still an orthodox pope in alexandria today.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 12:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
It is good u are reading up. not true, the bishop of rome had more than one title, you either call him patriarch of d west, bishop of rome, archbishop of italy, pope.... All these titles were used b4 the schism

there is an orthodox pope.

The term Pope mean "Father"
But when used as a Title, there can only be one Pope at a time.

What I am saying is that the Orthodox Christians do not use the term Pope for their head. Now, does it matter if Catholics prefer to call there shared Partriachs Pope?
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

The term Pope mean "Father"
But when used as a Title, there can only be one Pope at a time.

What I am saying is that the Orthodox Christians do not use the term Pope for their head. Now, does it matter if Catholics prefer to call there shared Partriachs Pope?
So you still haven't read my previous post?

Oya say hello to His Holiness Pope Tawadros II of the coptic Orthodox Church, bishop of the See Alexandria, Traditional Successor of St Mark the Evangelist, Bishop of Alexandria and All Africa. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Tawadros_II_of_Alexandria
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
So you still haven't read my previous pope?

Oya say hello to His Holiness Pope Tawadros II of the coptic Orthodox Church, bishop of the See Alexandria, Traditional Successor of St Mark the Evangelist, Bishop of Alexandria and All Africa. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Tawadros_II_of_Alexandria

I did read your post.

There is only ONE "His Holiness"
And that is God Himself
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

I did read your post.

There is only ONE "His Holiness"
And that is God Himself
You can argue that at your leisure for today you have been proven wrong. Orthodox use d title pope and the recognised the popes of Rome until the schism...
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by shadeyinka(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
You can argue that at your leisure for today you have been proven wrong. Orthodox use d title pope and the recognised the popes of Rome until the schism...

You win on this point...technically grin grin

However, the early christians were NOT Roman
Therefore, they cannot be Roman Catholic.

If they were Roman, the Epistles would have been written in Latin and Not Greek.

There I rest my case.
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by Splinz(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Catholics do almost 4 Harvests grin Childern, Tennager, Youth, Adult, Mature, Old Harvests grin

Mature and old harvest... immature harvest ni? cheesy

They claimed that they don't worship Mary but only honor her. And I asked: “Can we also say that those traditionalists bowing down to their own statues are also honoring their god and not worshiping them”? Now, if these people are called “idol worshipers”, then the Catholics are chiefs among them!

You see, Jael is actually the “most blessed of women (Judges 5:24)”, while Mary is “blessed among women”. Here's how the Bible describes her: “Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent”.

According to this passage, Jael is even blessed more than Mary. But then, Catholics don't worship or honor her. Do you by any chance know the reason for this selective honor? smiley

So, the blessedness of Jael dismisses any thought of giving special status to Mary! She was simply one of those blessed among women!

1 Like

Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by italo: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mcowubaba:

U guys pray the Rosary. Hail Mary full of Grace undecided undecided undecided (that 1 no be adoration) undecided undecided blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God undecided, Pray for Us sinners now and at the hour of our death undecided undecided (no be intercession be dis 1)

Catholics also Wear the scapular
Pray Hail holy queen and the memorare, if the contents of this prayers are not pure adoration, worship and praise, Nothing else in this world is!!!!

Catholics Have hundreds of Societies referencing Mary.
The construct very Expensive Mary's Sculptures, pictures, then start bowing down to it and praying in front of the Sculpture.

Mary was nobody, God, Jesus Christ was before Mary, what qualified Mary was Jesus Christ.
She was just favored, many women had her Qualities at the time of birth of Jesus, but as the Bible said, she was FAVORED .

Before Abraham, Jesus Christ was in existence, not to talk about Mary.

Throughout the old testament, all the prophets that talked about the coming of Christ, did not make any reference to Mary, the only said a VIRGIN will conceive,} it could have been any Virgin.
CATHOLICS reference the Mary aspects of Jesus Christ, more than Jesus Christ himself..

According her undue prayers.
All the things done in The Catholic Church are not in your so called Catechism, that small book.
Harvest and Barza dey Catechism undecided
Where is it in the Catechism undecided
All those unnecessary Fund raising, where is it in the Catechism undecided
I knew a Reverend Father then, that always REQUEST A new car very 2 years, I have also seen 2 Reverend fathers struggle for Offering money (the both coordinated the Mass in a neutral ground) I guess all this things are in your Catechism and doctrine...

Oga go and sleep
or rush to morning mass, I know it's early morning in Nigeria. .

Long story short. No Bishop or Pope told you he worships Mary. You're just concocting that from your little brain.

Why are you hell bent on forcing a deity on us?

Why dont you let us tell you the God we worship?
Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by italo: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Splinz:

Mature and old harvest... immature harvest ni? cheesy

They claimed that they don't worship Mary but only honor her. And I asked: “Can we also say that those traditionalists bowing down to their own statues are also honoring their god and not worshiping them”? Now, if these people are called “idol worshipers”, then the Catholics are chiefs among them!

You see, Jael is actually the “most blessed of women (Judges 5:24)”, while Mary is “blessed among women”. Here's how the Bible describes her: “Blessed above women shall Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite be, blessed shall she be above women in the tent”.

According to this passage, Jael is even blessed more than Mary. But then, Catholics don't worship or honor her. Do you by any chance know the reason for this selective honor? smiley

So, the blessedness of Jael dismisses any thought of giving special status to Mary! She was simply one of those blessed among women!

Was Mary in the tent?

1 Like

Re: Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? by italo: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
shadeyinka:

You win on this point...technically grin grin

However, the early christians were NOT Roman
Therefore, they cannot be Roman Catholic.

If they were Roman, the Epistles would have been written in Latin and Not Greek.

There I rest my case.

Stupidity.

One does not have to be Roman to be Catholic.

Read more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit Refutes The Existence Of God? / Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.