Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

$43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees (29422 Views)

Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award / Herdsmen Killings: Miyetti Allah, Afenifere, Ohanaeze Reject Osinbajo Panel / Buhari To Osinbajo Panel: Suspend All Officials Involved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Chuksonyeike: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

The information at hand seems to show that the money was meant to fight insurgency during the six weeks election delay. I don't know where the 2016 label came from.

Only a President can order the withdrawal of such an amount from the CBN. I don't see PMB spearheading such, its too messy a deal

grin grin grin grin grin saint bubu who is not even aware he forged waec certificate
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
ciggy000:

must u guys bring in Jonathan into everything. d DG NIA wrote a brief detailing such cash to the office of d national security advice which office the nia falls under its purview. that correspondence would have been communicated to the president by the NSA which he failed to do.I stand to disagree with u until d NSA comes out to deny receiving any brief form d NIA until then no protocol was breached

You don't know how Nigeria works when it comes to money. Everything is done in the name of public interest and normal protocol seemingly followed.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by ocelot2006(m): 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

Nice post.

Due process could have been followed. That's the way it works usually. All security agents including the Nigeria police have safe houses. However, what I know is that such a big amount is never kept in a safe house. It is understandable if the money is in a vault in the NIA headquarters. Security in such an organisation is tighter than even the CBN.

Goodluck was indited only because he didn't bother to report the yet unspent money to the incoming president PMB. It shows that either he didn't have any control or didn't care how such kind of money was spent.

Let's here what ONSA will say: at our end, we can only speculate

I concure with you on the need to store the money at NIA's HQ. I however disagree on the point that GEJ ought to have handed over info on said funds to Buhari. That is not his responsibility, but that of the DGs AND their parent Ministries/Services. Using both the military and the DSS as examples, their outgoing/present ser if chiefs or DG hands over the necessary info to the CDS and onwards to the Minister of Defence. For the DSS, the DG submits the info, like the NIA, to the ONSA. It is the responsibility of the Minister and NSA to brief the incoming President and C-in-C on this info, and the NIA just claimed that they did that with proof (memos) to back up same claim.

But again I concure that we wait till a proper investigation is performed.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
Chuksonyeike:

grin grin grin grin grin saint bubu who is not even aware he forged waec certificate

So you agree he is too simple to scheme such a grand conspiracy and political gymnastics
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
ocelot2006:

I concure with you on the need to store the money at NIA's HQ. I however disagree on the point that GEJ ought to have handed over info on said funds to Buhari. That is not his responsibility, but that of the DGs AND their parent Ministries/Services. Using both the military and the DSS as examples, their outgoing/present ser if chiefs or DG hands over the necessary info to the CDS and onwards to the Minister of Defence. For the DSS, the DG submits the info, like the NIA, to the ONSA. It is the responsibility of the Minister and NSA to brief the incoming President and C-in-C on this info, and the NIA just claimed that they did that with proof (memos) to back up same claim.

But again I concure that we wait till a proper investigation is performed.

I agree with you, there is a protocol of chain of transmission of information from any institution and the President. If NIA communicated this information, then it had no much fault.

The fault can then be fully on the one who authorised the withdrawal of such monies without monitoring the implementation/utilization.

The question is: who was the chief accounting officer that authorized the spending? Was he given any report at all? What was his response to the report?

Was it GEJ or PMB?

Who is the scapegoat? And why should he be such?

Let's wait and see.

The FG will try to do damaged control as more evidences unfold.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Vicolan: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

APC doesn't have any plan for Nigeria's economy!

Then they are all birds of the same feather..........

No plans
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by cktheluckyman: 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

So you agree he is too simple to scheme such a grand conspiracy and political gymnastics
He doesn't need to do that himself. He has myriads of people working for him
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
cktheluckyman:

He doesn't need to do that himself. He has myriads of people working for him

If that's the case, he should have turned Nigeria's economy round in so short a time.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
Vicolan:

Then they are all birds of the same feather..........

No plans

They are all the same: rogues and thieves. Gangs of fortune. Liers and 419 all rolled into one in a political organized crime syndicate called political parties.

Unfortunately, to change the country you must first belong. By the time you go through their ranks, you as as bad as anyone of them.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Vicolan: 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

They are all the same: rogues and thieves. Gangs of fortune. Liers and 419 all rolled into one in a political organized crime syndicate called political parties.

Unfortunately, to change the country you must first belong. By the time you go through their ranks, you as as bad as anyone of them.
grin
shadeyinka:

Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
Vicolan:
grin

This tin still dey vex me!
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Vicolan: 6:07am On Apr 22, 2017
shadeyinka:

This tin still dey vex me!

Abi mk we go meet buhari nee asin personally self!!!!
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by kushy(m): 7:30am On Apr 22, 2017
They are just fooling we nigerians. Do u want tell me that there is no relationship btw NIA,DSS AND EFCC? How can efcc just bust into d safe room of nia without knowing it belong to them. D real owner is a minister in buhari cabinet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest / Sanwo-Olu: I Never Promised To Fix Apapa Gridlock In 60 Days / Nothern Children Wish Bola Tinubu Happy Sallah (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.