Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,379 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

$43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees (29417 Views)

Shehu Sani Condemns List Of Invitees For MKO Abiola’s GCFR Award / Herdsmen Killings: Miyetti Allah, Afenifere, Ohanaeze Reject Osinbajo Panel / Buhari To Osinbajo Panel: Suspend All Officials Involved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by 2T215: 9:47am On Apr 21, 2017
It is strange that NIA decided to keep cash in a building and no surveillance of any kind mounted on the building, no form of security provided within that environment and someone wants us to accept this story. This who thing looks a distraction from the real issue.

1 Like

Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by abbeyty(m): 9:47am On Apr 21, 2017
lol, these people are so funny so, they have to form a committee before we know the owner of this money. i still dont know why is so hard to just mention he/her name that they have to form a committee

1 Like

Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Celcius: 9:55am On Apr 21, 2017
Goddex:

Buhari's govt is whacked
The most confused govt in Africa.

So, now they are coming back to tell us NIA did brief both the current NSA and Buhari himself about the money
...and most Nigerian youths don't read and comprehend a write up or passage. I now see the use of GMAT for screening candidates in Nigeria for job.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by BABANGBALI: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2017
That NIA man don import wahala into him life as no be NIA get the money.

1 Like

Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2017
akpasubi777:

The lord is our Shepard, therefor we shall not want.
Those cabals are no match for him with I 'n' I (God) by his side...

Amen!
But, the truth is spoken
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by MONITZ: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Blame should go to you for believing this cock and bull story!!!

I knew u would be here defending Jona before opening the thread. Tell them zombies to stop the blame game and that government is a continuum.

Since they have failed Nigerians on numerous fronts, the best way they feel they can divert our attention from their failed promises is to find a scapegoat.

Bubu has not delivered on his promises and they re already canvassing for his second term midway into his first term despite his frailing health, someone that has been ruling by proxy for the better part of this administration, wat is wrong with Nigerians?
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by ocelot2006(m): 10:07am On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:
All the blame should go to Goodluck Jonathan who approved the withdrawal of such a large sum without monitoring what it was used for.

His handover note to OMB should have included the $43million except he is also part of a covert financial deal to steal Nigerians money.

Fantastically corrupt people!

Did you read the part in the article that stated that the NIA had actually briefed the ONSA on the cash held and its purpose?
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Pascal181: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:
All the blame should go to Goodluck Jonathan who approved the withdrawal of such a large sum without monitoring what it was used for.

His handover note to OMB should have included the $43million except he is also part of a covert financial deal to steal Nigerians money.

It baffles me how some of u zombies reason. All d monies were mint with d years 2016 and 2017 on those cash so tell me, which yr did Jonathan leave office. I'm not surprise by ur comment because u can't speak beyond what is in ur brain.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Vicolan: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

You think all this as conspiracy theory?

EFCC and other Nigeria security agencies may be slack and inefficient (a reflection of the state of Nigeria as a whole) but the case here is very dirty. APC cannot risk the mess that is about to come out from this.

I don't hate GEJ, he just didn't have a grip on Nigeria or didn't care.

Have they mk dollar equal to Naira as promised?....
If No then APC can risk and even mess up
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 21, 2017
NextGovernor:

It's baffles me how people like you reason. What were you expecting to hear from a panel set up by APC?

Though we dont trust our security bodies. All these are suppose to be carried out by DSS, EFCC, POLICE not APC setting up panel. In such panel their must be some bias if it finally have anything to do with their party member.

EFCC should come out and give us the name of the owner of that apartment they raided so we start from there. Not this Cork and bull story....
APC set up paneli do hope your hate for APC would not make you lose your mind one day...when DSS raided houses of judges u cry foul, when EFCC come some discovery u say its made up,police...we all know they are more of ghost workers and hustlers. please let things take its course, PDP has had power for 16 years, besides GSM tech, the internet, and stabilizing the banking sector to some extent they didnt do much, high rate of unemployment, poor educational system, poor health indices, transportation, power, security, our refineries are still much in shambles after 16 years of PDP rule because of their greedy cabal where u dont even belong.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2017
Celcius:
Barely 24 hours after its constitution, the Presidential Investigative Committee on alleged infractions by two senior government officials got cracking yesterday.
The committee, headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, is probing suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Babachir Lawal and National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Director-General Ayo Oke.

Lawal is alleged to have awarded a N200million contract to a company, Global Vision Limited, linked with him by the Presidential Initiative for the North East (PINE) for the clearing of “invasive plant species” (weeds) in Yobe State.

Oke is being investigated over the $43.4million “covert operations” cash, which the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) found in an apartment in Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Contrary to the popular thinking that the NIA hid the $43.4million away from President Muhammadu Buhari, sources in the agency said yesterday that a brief was submitted to the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) detailing the cash at hand as part of a comprehensive report for the President. But it was not clear last night whether the President actually got the report.

The Vice President and committee members met yesterday on their two-week mandate.
A source said: “The VP and members of the panel met to set up the structure for their investigation and list those who are likely to be interrogated.
“Members also got copies of the Interim Report which was submitted to the Presidency by the Acting Chairman, Mr. Ibrahim Magu and briefs from Engr. Babachir Lawal and Amb. Ayo Oke.
“The collation of issues to determine was ongoing as at press time .Once it is done, what is left is to isolate others who will appear before the panel, apart from Magu, the SGF and DG NIA. It is a big assignment with the right foundation laid by different memos/briefs already submitted to the Presidency.”

The committee is also expecting details of the operation in Osborne Towers from the EFCC, whose Acting Chairman Magu returned to Abuja yesterday.
Another source, who spoke in confidence, said: “The committee will certainly interact with all those involved in the request and approval of the funds; the remittance of the cash and those in charge of the management of Osborne Towers.
Some lawyers may represent the embattled SGF, the NIA DG, companies and others who are to appear before the committee. But, it could not be immediately ascertained if the committee will be disposed to the engagement of lawyers.

A source said: “This investigation is about the reputation of some individuals and companies who have decided to engage lawyers to be on their defence team.
“Those affected do not want to appear before the committee and get locked in any technicality which may lead to their dismissal or prosecution.
“Their argument is that it is also the standard practice all over the world to get counsel to come along with those being investigated.”

NIA sources insisted last night that the agency did not hide the $43.4million from President Buhari.
A source said: “Contrary to what is being said, the NIA actually did not hide the $43.4million from President Muhammadu Buhari. This will imply that the agency has an ulterior motive.
“What actually happened was that the agency’s brief was submitted to the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) detailing the cash at hand, including the $43.4m, as part of a comprehensive report for the President.
“We have all the memos written to ONSA. It is also a good development that the NSA, Gen. Babagana Monguno, is a member of Osinbajo’s committee. We hope that at the appropriate time, he will step aside to either corroborate or deny these memos.”
Apart from the Vice President and Monguno, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami(AGF), is also a member of the committee.

The three-man committee is expected to:
enquire into the circumstances in which the NIA came into possession of the funds; find out how and by whose or which authority the funds were made available to the NIA; and to establish whether or not there has been a breach of the law or security procedure in obtaining custody and use of the funds.

There were indications last night that the EFCC has ended its search and combing operations in Osborne Towers in Lagos in respect of the $43.4million haul.
The operatives drafted for the assignment have returned to Abuja.
But a skeletal surveillance was left in the controversial Apartment 7B.

Also, it was learnt that the anti-graft commission has obtained some vital documents from the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) on the company used to acquire the apartment by the National Intelligence Agency (CAC).

It was gathered that one of the documents provided a fresh insight into the acquisition of the apartment with EFCC putting another company in Ikeja under watch.
A reliable source, who spoke in confidence, said: “The EFCC has ended its search and combing of apartments in Osborne Towers. Those who went for the operation in Lagos are back to Abuja.
“There is however a surveillance still being out in place in Apartment 7B where over $43.4million was recovered.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “We have also obtained vital documents from the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) implicating another company in Ikeja. The company is now under EFCC watch including the profiling of its accounts.

http://thenationonlineng.net/43-4m-osinbajo-panel-compiles-list-invitees/
APC trying to cover up amaechi. We no say na amaechi hide tht money. Who the director of NIA with osibanjo dey fool.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by gUdbOiii(m): 10:25am On Apr 21, 2017
FOR BUSINESS OWNERS OR THOSE THAT WANT TO START UP THEIR OWN BUSINESS...

YOU WILL NEED THIS INFO - https://belovedkonsult.com/free-staff-survey-work-to-increase-your-staff-productivity-to-all-ceos/
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by henryhemon(m): 10:27am On Apr 21, 2017
Its joke on us if we make this about political party and other sentiments attached.

NB:
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by 2T215: 10:28am On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

You believe in a conspiracy theory?

It is not believing in conspiracy theory; it is asking reasonable question and opening our minds to information. There is a claim that the money was printed in 2016! That should raise some questions. More so, how do you explain to me that NIA could use a private property to warehouse such an amount of money and no form of surveillance was mounted in that area and left so unsecured. Something is not right.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by henryhemon(m): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2017
Its joke on us if we make this about political party and other sentiments attached.

NB: YORUBAS are not wailing shouting its witch hunting,northerners are not shouting witch hunting but once its an igbo man now they will start crying witch hunting.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by SalamRushdie: 10:33am On Apr 21, 2017
The fact Mr Oke wife was handling the cash in her own private house shows the money was stolen

1 Like

Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by ocelot2006(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

Now, who do you think should set up the probe? PDP, APC or the Presidency?

We know who built the building, we know who bought the building and we know the mess NIA put itself into by acquiring the building as a safe house.

So many things are wrong and sentiments must not block our eyes and ears from the truth.

Jonathan is seriously implicated!

Unfortunately, if GEJ cannot be touched, the case has died even before it begins

Pls do tell how GEJ is implicated? First of all, it is absolutely no crime for an Intelligence Agency to own discreet safe houses. It is standard practise across the world among intelligence services.

Secondly, GEJ broke no laws. The said funds were released just after the postponement of the 2015 elections. What you've"forgotten" is that the military and security services launched a 6 weeks military operation in the North East that led to the recapture of territories lost in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe, the destruction of Boko Haram as a cohesive fighting force, and return of IDPs to their villages. It therefore is no crime that funds were released to fund NIA's covert operations that probably escalated at the time.

Finally, the article clearly stated the NIA informed the ONSA about the cash (cash at hand) and its purpose. Is that also a crime for the agency to report directly to its immediate parent/supervisory body (ONSA), OR did you expect the DG to bypass his immediate boss (NSA) and report to the President/C-in-C?

I recommend you don't jump to conclusions. Let the VP carry out his investigation first.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Nwachineke1980: 10:38am On Apr 21, 2017
Jonathan will only react when either EFCC or FG makes an official statement. The money belongs to a senior APC member and that was the reason why Buhari is setting up a committee rather than allow the EFCC or DSS to carry out an investigation.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by naijajobx: 10:48am On Apr 21, 2017
What does Osinbajo have to do with this.hand over this people to efcc for prosecution.simple
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by ayindejimmy(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2017
NextGovernor:

It's baffles me how people like you reason. What were you expecting to hear from a panel set up by APC?

Though we dont trust our security bodies. All these are suppose to be carried out by DSS, EFCC, POLICE not APC setting up panel. In such panel their must be some bias if it finally have anything to do with their party member.

EFCC should come out and give us the name of the owner of that apartment they raided so we start from there. Not this Cork and bull story....

So the president that set up the panel is president of APC?

Or was it APC chairman that set up the panel.

I know the prefer a panel headed by Orubebe, Asari Dokunbo, Tompolo, Ibori and Gej because, obviously, Nothing can please your type
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Ethevera(m): 10:59am On Apr 21, 2017
Pls let APC fed government should allow EFCC to do their job and let Nigerians know who owns the money.my adivce to Osinajo to quit from this government after 2019 for him to merit the Kingdom of God as he desired
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Teobaba(m): 11:15am On Apr 21, 2017
cktheluckyman:

You reason through your anus. You must a PDP man or Biafra. you are a disgrace to you family, school and church
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Aburi001: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Are you high on weed?
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Aburi001: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2017
tuscani:
If Rotimi Judas Amaechi's name is exonerated from the list, then we are finished as a country. I do not know how Emiefele is being exonerated from all these .
What stops you adding Amaechi's name since you're the complainant, prosecutor and the judge.......yeye dey smell
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by ciggy000(m): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
shadeyinka:

must u guys bring in Jonathan into everything. d DG NIA wrote a brief detailing such cash to the office of d national security advice which office the nia falls under its purview. that correspondence would have been communicated to the president by the NSA which he failed to do.I stand to disagree with u until d NSA comes out to deny receiving any brief form d NIA until then no protocol was breached
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
ocelot2006:

Did you read the part in the article that stated that the NIA had actually briefed the ONSA on the cash held and its purpose?

This showed that the cash had been on hand a long time ago. Let's have our fingers crossed ONSA will give their defence.

But the amount in question is too big to be kept by any security agency in a safe house.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by Yahami(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
when does the vice president become an institution of enquiries, if found guilty has our law recognize the said Osibanjo and his committee to send Babachir/oke respectively to prison? if no Nigeria is a scam meant to witch-hunt some people. well I commend buhari for his suspension but on the investigation panel my fingers remain cross until justice prevail
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2017
Pascal181:

It baffles me how some of u zombies reason. All d monies were mint with d years 2016 and 2017 on those cash so tell me, which yr did Jonathan leave office. I'm not surprise by ur comment because u can't speak beyond what is in ur brain.

If the year 2016 was on the notes, then both Emefiele and Kemi Adeosun should be booked. But every indication points to the fact that the money had been in custody for a long time.
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Pascal181:

If the year 2016 was on the notes, then both Emefiele and Kemi Adeosun should be booked. But every indication points to the fact that the money had been in custody for a long time.

But watch your tongue: you don't exub good culture
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
Vicolan:

Have they mk dollar equal to Naira as promised?....
If No then APC can risk and even mess up

APC doesn't have any plan for Nigeria's economy!
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
2T215:

It is not believing in conspiracy theory; it is asking reasonable question and opening our minds to information. There is a claim that the money was printed in 2016! That should raise some questions. More so, how do you explain to me that NIA could use a private property to warehouse such an amount of money and no form of surveillance was mounted in that area and left so unsecured. Something is not right.

The information at hand seems to show that the money was meant to fight insurgency during the six weeks election delay. I don't know where the 2016 label came from.

Only a President can order the withdrawal of such an amount from the CBN. I don't see PMB spearheading such, its too messy a deal
Re: $43.4m: Osinbajo Panel Compiles List Of Invitees by shadeyinka(m): 3:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
ocelot2006:

Pls do tell how GEJ is implicated? First of all, it is absolutely no crime for an Intelligence Agency to own discreet safe houses. It is standard practise across the world among intelligence services.

Secondly, GEJ broke no laws. The said funds were released just after the postponement of the 2015 elections. What you've"forgotten" is that the military and security services launched a 6 weeks military operation in the North East that led to the recapture of territories lost in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe, the destruction of Boko Haram as a cohesive fighting force, and return of IDPs to their villages. It therefore is no crime that funds were released to fund NIA's covert operations that probably escalated at the time.

Finally, the article clearly stated the NIA informed the ONSA about the cash (cash at hand) and its purpose. Is that also a crime for the agency to report directly to its immediate parent/supervisory body (ONSA), OR did you expect the DG to bypass his immediate boss (NSA) and report to the President/C-in-C?

I recommend you don't jump to conclusions. Let the VP carry out his investigation first.

Nice post.

Due process could have been followed. That's the way it works usually. All security agents including the Nigeria police have safe houses. However, what I know is that such a big amount is never kept in a safe house. It is understandable if the money is in a vault in the NIA headquarters. Security in such an organisation is tighter than even the CBN.

Goodluck was indited only because he didn't bother to report the yet unspent money to the incoming president PMB. It shows that either he didn't have any control or didn't care how such kind of money was spent.

Let's here what ONSA will say: at our end, we can only speculate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo Loses First LGA As Ifeanyi Ubah Clinches Nnewi North / Lagos PPRO To Rufai: I Don't Want To Believe You Spread Fake News / "Retire In 2019, Nigeria Needs A Healthy President" - Afenifere Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.