Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,824 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? (615 Views)

See The Tribe Where Groom Must Sleep With Bride Aunty Before Marriage / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by oluwasma(f): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
Living together with your boyfriend/girlfriend won’t guarantee a great marriage. Some live together for years and never get married. Some try to save money by paying for one house rent so they live together. Co-habiting before marriage has many disadvantages than advantages. Most dont usually lead to marriage.

Reasons why co-habiting may not lead to marriage

The guy knows everything about you: there is nothing special about you again. He know your schedule, your likes, habit, movement.

He expects you to do house chores: every man sees house work as ladies work. He can assist but it’s still your work. If you are living together, he expects you to take care of the house.

He expects you to cook: guys don’t usually like to cook and since you live together, you will do the cooking. The thing is you are practically doing everything for him for free. Why should he bother about planning wedding which will cost him more.

He will have free sex: he hasn’t met your family yet and you are living with him already. He sure will be getting free sex because you both will want to test your sexual compatibility.

It is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. When he doesn’t see you too often, he will miss you more and loneliness will push him to do the needful fast. So why rush to live with him when you have more than half of your earth years to live together. That brings me to ask….

Do you think co-habiting before marriage is okay?

Source: https://seunsdigest./2017/04/21/is-co-habiting-before-marriage-okay/

Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by Erngie(f): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
Capital NO. If he so wants you around he should get married to you asap. Don't wife any man without a ring

1 Like

Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by kushercain: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
Capital YES..how else would you know if you're both compatible? Not when you get married you start noticing things you hate

1 Like

Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by Ajokecutie(f): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
I am not for or against living together, but I am fir young adults knowing that, far from safeguarding against unhappibess, moving in with someone can increase your chances of making a mistake or of spending too much time on a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2017
cool

I much prefer this than getting married tho..less hussle...if it wont work, it will save ur ass from getting ur own attorney, process all kind of shii, attending hearing for ur divorce & what not...

And if u have kids, automatic the mother will have the child custody...less stress for the both parties...

1 Like

Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by babyfaceafrica: 1:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
If you are a Christian, no!!!..if not do as you like

1 Like

Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by LaDolceVida(f): 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
It is said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. When he doesn’t see you too often, he will miss you more and loneliness will push him to do the needful fast. So why rush to live with him when you have more than half of your earth years to live together.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by firstking01(m): 1:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Erngie:
Capital NO. If he so wants you around he should get married to you asap. Don't wife any man without a ring
So, to you wearing a ring always means you are married?
Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by SmellingAnus(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
cool

I much prefer this than getting married tho..less hussle...if it wont work, it will save ur ass from getting ur own attorney, process all kind of shii, attending hearing for ur divorce & what not...

And if u have kids, automatic the mother will have the child custody...less stress for the both parties...

hahhahhaa my boo hates to be troubled grin
Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
SmellingAnus:
hahhahhaa my boo hates to be troubled grin

I always go for the easy route boo grin grin

My life is too busy to worry for the unknown tongue
Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by SmellingAnus(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

I always go for the easy route boo grin grin

My life is too busy to worry for the unknown tongue
yea I know boo grin
Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2017
SmellingAnus:
yea I know boo grin

kiss
Re: Is Co-habiting Before Marriage Okay? by oluwasma(f): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2017
kushercain:
Capital YES..how else would you know if you're both compatible? Not when you get married you start noticing things you hate
well said...I am not against you going to visit or spend time with me but why live with him when he hasn't given you the ring..

(1) (Reply)

This Man Stole $2500 From His Boss,see How He Spend It, So Funny / Why Do Most Ladies Withhold Sex FroTheir Boyfriends Until He Fulfill His Promise / My Experience With A Tribalistic Female Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.