Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? (5592 Views)

11 Reasons A Good Man Won’t Cheat On You / How I Allowed A Good Man To Slip Away From My Grasp. *in Tears* / How Do You Qualify A Girl That Tell You How Much You Will Give her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 8:28am On Jan 04, 2010
Often  Women post here that they are looking for this and that, "fine man, rich man blah, blah blah, but let me tell you what a REAL woman Wants :
A Real Woman wants a GOOD man, a GOOD man take precedence over all other things:

A Good MAN includes:

[list]
[li]Character- Character is the essence of a GOOD man NOT Charisma[/li]
[li]Faithfullness- Faithfulness is Faith at Work , Faithfulness is the only way to true happiness and honor.  "Good intentions don't go very far"[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Selflessness- It is very easy to put Self first but it is the nature of a GOOD man to put others first. [/li]
[li]Obedient- A Good Man is obedient to the Word of God and Sets an Example[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Self- Control- A Good man knows how to control his passions, Set boundaries "no outbursts of anger" -have control of your temper- [/li]
[li]Authority- A Good man Realizes his authority over his family. Women don't like a passive man, they like a decisive man.  wink[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li] Protector- Men should treat older ladies as a mother, and younger ladies as a sister, unless they marry. Men are chosen to be protectors.
(Means you cannot allow someone to disrespect your wife in your presence)[/li]
[li] Provider- It is the MANS job to provide for the home. Men, it is NEVER ok to sit at home waiting for the right job, You do not work, YOU should NOT eat! Take Pride![/li][/list]

If you find that you fit in all these things, Then Congrats! you are A Good man, [size=1pt]and leave your contact info[/size] grin otherwise work on it angry

But this is a good heads up, next week, the Points of a Good WOMAN!!!  smiley
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by MyHonour(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2010
Interesting stuffs and rather true too. I am still looking forward to next week
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by nethacker(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2010
@plat,hw many of us can meet the above criteria? if a man must be all of these,wat abt d woman?
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by H2O2: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2010
ok
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 8:37am On Jan 04, 2010
MyHonour:

Interesting stuffs and rather true too. I am still looking forward to next week

Women will get their points as well wink
nethacker:

@plat,hw many of us can meet the above criteria? if a man must be all of these,wat abt d woman?
Women are coming up, but if you cant meet all the work at meeting them all, thats What makes a Good man.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by jidebiz(m): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2010
I completely concur Platinum but you forgot the most important ingredient of true lasting faithful satisfying relationships, GOOD SEX ! ! ! ! !

A woman's definition of a good man isn't complete without that or else she might as well fall in love with a priest.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by nethacker(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2010
jidebiz:

I completely concur Platinum but you forgot the most important ingredient of true lasting faithful satisfying relationships, GOOD SEX ! ! ! ! !

A woman's definition of a good man isn't complete without that or else she might as well fall in love with a priest.
yes ooooooo grin grin grin Good kitten shining grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2010
^ A priest provides? a priest protects? shocked shocked tongue tongue

Are priests authortive? lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 8:52am On Jan 04, 2010
jidebiz:

Sex is not the most important. lipsrsealed

Stick to topic
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:54am On Jan 04, 2010
jidebiz:

Abi OOOOO
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by delagasky(m): 8:57am On Jan 04, 2010
^^^^, haba, plat try and answer ur question urself!! priests are well paid and they can be very authoritative (infact they need to be most times)
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by delagasky(m): 9:01am On Jan 04, 2010
Well, for wateva its worth, i have liked being defined, and i dont think i possess all the exact 7 points u listed, but my woman would tell u im the best man around (tht is wat matters to me), howver it would do any man a world of good to have the listed qualities, even if not in his love live, he needs them in relating with pple generally
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by platinumnk(f): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2010
Ok Guys Im confused. . . what is so hard about these points??

Can you post what Point you have a problem with in your reply? undecided

Thanks wink
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 04, 2010
platinumnk:

Often  Women post here that they are looking for this and that, "fine man, rich man blah, blah blah, but let me tell you what a REAL woman Wants :
A Real Woman wants a GOOD man, a GOOD man take precedence over all other things:

A Good MAN includes:

[list]
[li]Faithfullness- Faithfulness is Faith at Work , Faithfulness is the only way to true happiness and honor.  "Good intentions don't go very far"[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Selflessness- It is very easy to put Self first but it is the nature of a GOOD man to put others first. [/li]
[li]Obedient- A Good Man is obedient to the Word of God and Sets an Example[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Self- Control- A Good man knows how to control his passions, Set boundaries "no outbursts of anger" -have control of your temper- [/li]
[li]Authority- A Good man Realizes his authority over his family. Women don't like a passive man, they like a decisive man.  wink[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li] Protector- Men should treat older ladies as a mother, and younger ladies as a sister, unless they marry. Men are chosen to be protectors.
[li] Provider- It is the MANS job to provide for the home. Men, it is NEVER ok to sit at home waiting for the right job, You do not work, YOU should NOT eat! Take Pride![/li][/list]

If you find that you fit in all these things, Then Congrats! you are A Good man, [size=1pt]and leave your contact info[/size] grin otherwise work on it angry

But this is a good heads up, next week, the Points of a Good WOMAN!!!  smiley

Should we look for a man with ALL of these traits? Cuz this looks like a typical Prince Charming case. Besides Prince Charming needed a heir. How willing was the princess to open up to him? grin grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Pweety4me(f): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2010
Is that all? undecided dat stuff is simple ooo. . . tongue i think some of our guys have some of these qualities but just don't bring it out much or just don't know how 2 use it hm!i know some of our guys here will be saying or thinking all dis is 4 "Mugun" and all dat but it ain't as long as u don't make an a$$ out of urself and be you! it will work out.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by humblemate(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2010
If the majority  of men would meet  3/4 or rather all of these  criteria, I bet U there would be no single lady who would say that she is still searching for the right guy~
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 04, 2010
humblemate:

If the majority  of men would meet  3/4 or rather all of these  criteria, I bet U there would be no single lady who would say that she is still searching for the right guy~

I know myself so I don't hold any CV for a future man in areas where I am lacking or got no interest in. For example a religious guy: it could be a turn off to have a guy nagging all the time about my atheism. As for the provider, I have my conception of how a house should be run and I know someone out there shares the view with me.

Besides I am ill tempered. I can only hope for my future man to be the calm one but i have no right to "want" a calm man.

All the time threads like this are created. They are utopistic and too dogmatic for my liking. Nobody seeks perfection because it is boring.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by delagasky(m): 9:37am On Jan 04, 2010
Often Women post here that they are looking for this and that, "fine man, rich man blah, blah blah, but let me tell you what a REAL woman Wants :

A Good MAN includes:

Character- Character is the essence of a GOOD man NOT Charisma
Faithfullness- Faithfulness is Faith at Work , Faithfulness is the only way to true happiness and honor. "Good intentions don't go very far"
Selflessness- It is very easy to put Self first but it is the nature of a GOOD man to put others first.
Obedient- A Good Man is obedient to the Word of God and Sets an Example
Self- Control- A Good man knows how to control his passions, Set boundaries "no outbursts of anger" -have control of your temper-
Authority- A Good man Realizes his authority over his family. Women don't like a passive man, they like a decisive man.
Protector- Men should treat older ladies as a mother, and younger ladies as a sister, unless they marry. Men are chosen to be protectors.
(Means you cannot allow someone to disrespect your wife in your presence)
Provider- It is the MANS job to provide for the home. Men, it is NEVER ok to sit at home waiting for the right job, You do not work, YOU should NOT eat! Take Pride!

If you find that you fit in all these things, Then Congrats! you are A Good man, and leave your contact info otherwise work on it

But this is a good heads up, next week, the Points of a Good WOMAN!!!

First, i think u should leave God outta this (dont get me wrong, i am a xtian and i know where my God stands), so i have an issue with the obedient xter!!
U cannot define true happiness to just being faithful in ur love life!! of cos there are other things tht contributes to someone being happy.
I really want to stick to the topic, but i still should point it out tht, the average guy posseses some or all of these qualities in varying degrees, but if in actual fact, every girl expects every guy to be like this, then there's somtin wrong somewhere.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by semid(m): 9:49am On Jan 04, 2010
Work of copy & paste.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by johnnygan(m): 10:03am On Jan 04, 2010
@topic you got point.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nautillus(m): 10:07am On Jan 04, 2010
LONGTHING . . . . grin grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 04, 2010
I agree with all your points, especially with the last two!

That's my idea of a 'virtous man' . . . wonder if they still make those undecided
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by spikedcylinder: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2010
Lol. I see someone is living up to their bext romancer name. cheesy
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2010
delagasky:

First, i think u should leave God outta this (dont get me wrong, i am a xtian and i know where my God stands), so i have an issue with the obedient xter!!
U cannot define true happiness to just being faithful in your love life!! of cos there are other things tht contributes to someone being happy.
I really want to stick to the topic, but i still should point it out tht, the average guy posseses some or all of these qualities in varying degrees, but if in actual fact, every girl expects every guy to be like this, then there's somtin wrong somewhere.

Those qualities she listed are not those of a rocket scientist. They are the basic attibutes of a decent man. Fine God side, but I'm assuming the laws of God can be used as baisc benchmarks for judging a good person.

If you are saying there's no decent man around anymore, then I just might agree with you!
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by waleski(m): 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2010
I av seen dos exact story lines in a book or smthing either way d poster shuld av listed the nine fruit of the holy spirit so dat we knw dat she is luking 4 d perfect man
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by delagasky(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2010
Those qualities she listed are not those of a rocket scientist. They are the basic attibutes of a decent man. Fine God side, but I'm assuming the laws of God can be used as baisc benchmarks for judging a good person.

If you are saying there's no decent man around anymore, then I just might agree with you!

Im not sure i follow u correctly (i'd assume there's a typo somewhere in ur stmt), and i am not saying there are no decent men around either, wat i am trying to say is tht, ladies shuld desist from setting this lofty benchmarks for guys and open themselves to more possibilities, im certain that not evry guy would have the stated qualities, but then a very good number of them will still make good partners, one just never knows until u try, as they say, never judge the book by the cover
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by iice(f): 1:25pm On Jan 04, 2010
I'm all for Character, self-control and authority cheesy
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by delagasky(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2010
^^^thank u o
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2010
I can say that all men have these characters but some choose to not show it because they want to appear hard/not a mumu/save face with their cronies in the beer joint etc.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
Obviously those qualities listed above are ok and many have them, . . the prob is though NOT every woman deserve a man with those qualities, some will not appreciate it, they will take advantage of a man with such qualities.

Its so fustrating to have those qualities only to end up with somebody who will mistake Authority/ Protector to contol freak, Obedient to Mumu, the list can go on.
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2010
platinumnk:

Often Women post here that they are looking for this and that, "fine man, rich man blah, blah blah, but let me tell you what a REAL woman Wants :

A Good MAN includes:

[list]
[li]Faithfullness- Faithfulness is Faith at Work , Faithfulness is the only way to true happiness and honor. "Good intentions don't go very far"[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Authority- A Good man Realizes his authority over his family. Women don't like a passive man, they like a decisive man. wink[/li]
[/list]
[list]

If you find that you fit in all these things, Then Congrats! you are A Good man, [size=1pt]and leave your contact info[/size] grin otherwise work on it angry

But this is a good heads up, next week, the Points of a Good WOMAN!!! smiley

Character: what exactly do u mean by this? what is this character? wat should it be?

Faithfulness: i think u got something mixed up here, faithfulness to who, the woman or God? if its the woman then surely u shldnt be talking about faith in action bla bla! besides, thats wat ALL u women say. i want him to screw only me for ever!! reserve my comment on that point.

Selflesness: well, good point. its an attribute for EVERY HUMAN, but where does the myspace part come in? and i sure as hell know that women have issues with this one. i dont think i know a woman who does not put herself first in anything. the way u pple go at times is sickening! u want the men to practically live to please u. "he will put me first. open doors for me, yackety yack" even when the man get money na problem, she is constantly calculating how much will/should accrue to her "because she is your wife and been for years, " woe betide u shld u fall ill small, she don dey scheme.

Obedient: hmmmnn, this one amuses me, ok so ur now the judge of whether ur man is a worthy son of God and thats a criteria for being a good man? thot that was btw him and God!! infact on this point alone there will be no marriages where the couples are of different faith or where 1 just decides to be lazy on the holy rolling front!!

Self-control: now that has to be a reeaaalllly perfect man, though it will surely help if the woman knows well enough NOT TO PROVOKE THE MAN!! besides, as long as he is not beating u up (assuming u are not the type who likes the beatings) u shld accept him warts and all, thats what the sacrifice in relationship is!! again, the woman had better be THE MEEKEST WOMAN ALIVE!!!!

Authority: as someone mentioned where do u draw the line btw authority and overbearing? becos this days of "equal partnership" the women just no dey gree say the guy na oga, and how can u not be the oga and have authority?

protector: i have no issues with this one! as long as the ones to be protected do not think that they can do what ever they like cos incredible hulk is in the background!! as for disrespecting my wife, sure. but i prefer the wife to take a chill pill and instead of mouthing off to pple just cos am there, she shld look to me to confront the threat. i aint getting into a fist fight for my wife hell no!! she shldnt be insulting pple and expect me to protect her in the name of anger (reference the point on anger). i actually might allow her get a good slap first, then step in. that is always a good lesson for the mouthy ones.

Provider: THE BEST POINT. I AGREE 99.999% but for 1 thing, in my household i will not be the only money making machine and therefore, there will be shared responsibilities!!!! i will undertake most of the stuff, but my wife has to have what she is bringing to the table!!! that way she has a stake in the home too and is not merely waiting for the donkey to go work and bring home hay!! besides any sane man shld knw that as long as u have totally dependent mouths to keep sinking ur money, ur chances of advancement are very limited!! i wont have the nonsense where someone is telling me before i go to work to drop something for this or that! we settle it all when due and if u have stuff u need to do, do it and tell me l8r so i can reimburse u! and i sure as hell aint buying u undies and toiletries unless of course the undies are for a special shag session grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Points Of A Good Man! - Wanna Know If You Qualify? by madlady(f): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
Woh, you really tried grin grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Is Pregnant For Me But I Don't Want To Marry Her cos I Don't Luv Her. / NL Kokomansion!: Men pls come in! / Why Do Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives With So Much Hatred And Cruelty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.