Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? (14605 Views)

7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by rezy15(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Why are pro tithers always quick to quote Malachi? What abt Deuteronomy 14:22 that explicitly describes how to give tithe? Maybe its to the disadvantage of our pastors. Guy read that Deuteronomy 14:22 down to the end and see.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by kaltonga: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2017
1Rebel:
It's not wise to pay tithe. Carry the money and buy stuff for an orphanage. Stop enriching these thieves. angry

Use ya head

hmm be careful on what you wish for yourself
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by erico2k2(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2017
Handsomeemmy:
I don't think there is anything wrong with splitting as long as you are taking it to the house of God, the command is to bring it into the store house of God .

Malachi 3:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
As you can see, MONEY was not mentioned.even though money Gold and silver existed then.They referred to farm produce ,Livestock etc.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by erico2k2(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2017
rezy15:
Why are pro tithers always quick to quote Malachi? What abt Deuteronomy 14:22 that explicitly describes how to give tithe? Maybe its to the disadvantage of our pastors. Guy read that Deuteronomy 14:22 down to the end and see.
Dem nor dey read that passage for church nah bad mkt

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by starlite1: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2017
Handsomeemmy:
I don't think there is anything wrong with splitting[b] as long as you are taking it to the house of God, [/b]the command is to bring it into the store house of God .

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

What or where is the house of God?

Please i need an answer, thanks
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by starlite1: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2017
Handsomeemmy:
I don't think there is anything wrong with splitting[b] as long as you are taking it to the house of God, [/b]the command is to bring it into the store house of God .

What or where is the house of God?

Please i need an answer, thanks
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by SalamRushdie: 10:17am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
Your church is where you pay your tithe. Prayer ministries don't suppose to be receiving tithe unless you don't have any church where you worship. But you can appreciate the pastor there. Every child of God must endeavor to pay h/her tithe don't let Atheists or your pastor's life style deceive you not to pay. It is for the work of God and if the pastor or the church decides to waste it, they'll face the consequence if not now on the judgement day.

Please if you pay to a church yous have never attended will you still receive the blessing
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2017
Churches? U are spose to worship in just 1 particular church except u want to change church. U are confusing yourself the more if u decide to start attending two churches. Pay ur tithe to the church where u receive divine instructions as well as divine blessings. You are not paying ur tithe to the Man Of God, u are paying ur tithe to God.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by DBestDoc(f): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2017
mykel25:
So far it's going to d church of God.... If u like split in 50 places.... God is omnipresent.... Buh most pastors won't advice this.... Remember God works with your mind.. N your mind says uve given d tithe to God sooooo

What is the church of God?
In case you don't know, you and i are the body of Christ. we are God's house/temple.

The house of God is not merely that building with a name where people gather, but the Christians.

If you're spirit filled, you're actually God's house. people prefer to give the 10% of their income to a man that already has more than enough(the pastor) than giving it to a house of God who needs it, which could be that beggar on the road, a student that doesn't have money to pay his fees, a sick person at the hospital who can't afford his bill or even that neighbor of yours whom you know is struggling.
That 10% can make a difference to a part of the body of Christ.

When the command in Malachi 10 was given, the spirit of God dwelt in the temple where only the priest was allowed to go in.
Sacrifices had to be made for atonement of the sins of both the priests and the other hence, people were commanded to bring 10% of their income to make these sacred duty possible.

The priests then were also levites whose inheritance were of the Lord, they were concentrated for God, so their need had to be taken care of from the 10% that their brothers brought into the temple.

Now, when Jesus died, that curtain was torn into two and we all had access to God.

The spirit was given freely to live in us, if the spirit resides in us, then we are God's temple and church. Your tithes are supposed to go to the temple of God where it is needed.

Look around you, there are thousands of God's temple in need of that 10% but we prefer to go give a man, one specific man that probably has more than us all in the name of tithing.

These are spiritual things, and only the spirit of God can expose to us if we're willing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by TrueHeart365(m): 10:36am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:
Churches? U are spose to worship in just 1 particular church except u want to change church. U are confusing yourself the more if u decide to start attending two churches. Pay ur tithe to the church where u receive divine instructions as well as divine blessings. You are not paying ur tithe to the Man Of God, u are paying ur tithe to God.

why should it be confusing to worship where you wish to since we all claim to serve one God and should preach one truth?

the way modern day christians have colonised God is so appaling.

i remember jesus and his disciples gathering to worship with whomever and wherever they setttled.

your body is the temple of God not the building you worship for he said you should not forsake the assembly of the saint. not you should worship with this church or that churxh.

we call christian gatherings "church" yet divide ourselves.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 10:37am On Apr 23, 2017
onyenze123:

nonsense
Why is it nonsense?
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by DBestDoc(f): 10:44am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Read the bible my friend, you'll see in the book of psalms 50: 9 down, you'll understand that God owns everything and he doesn't need your stuff for himself.

The tithe you put in your church is actually for the pastor, to service his needs and other projects at his discretion.

The only way to give to God is to give to your fellow brother or sister in need.

Yes, Jesus said somewhere in the bible that on that day, he'll reject the man that saw him hungry but didn't give him food, saw him naked but didn't cloth him and he was in prison but wasn't visited. What did the man say?

He said Lord, when did i see you hungry and didn't feed you, naked and didn't cloth you...
Jesus replied, whatever you do for my brothers, you do for me and whatever you didn't do for them, you didn't do for me.

We ignore the people that are helpless and in dire need only to service the need of a man that has got all going for him.

Read the bible people, and ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. He will.

Whenever you give to anyone, you'll surely receive the blessings attached to giving. Tithing has the same principle, but it's wisdom to tithe the right way.

Give where it's need and gonna make a huge difference to the receiver, that way you see the evidence of what you gave and you'll be happy in the end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
rezy15:
please, are you a Christian? I think your contribution was a positive one. You made me see and realise something new. Here's what the quotation said:

14:22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.

14:24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:

14:25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:

14:26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

14:27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest. Deuteronomy
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Why is it nonsense?

Does it make sense to pay 10% of your income to a self acclaimed man of God? (or should I say soft thief)?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 10:48am On Apr 23, 2017
TrueHeart365:

why should it be confusing to worship where you wish to since we all claim to serve one God and should preach one truth?

the way modern day christians have colonised God is so appaling.

i remember jesus and his disciples gathering to worship with whomever and wherever they setttled.

your body is the temple of God not the building
you worship for he said you should not forsake the assembly of the saint. not you should worship with this church or that churxh.

we call christian gatherings "church" yet divide ourselves.

I believe u are Christian, so stop selling urself out... I want to ask u a question, if u skul in uniport, where will u write ur final exams? Uniport abi? Or will u go to Unilag and write exam because we are all "students"... don't deceive urself, some church doctrines contradict wat the word of God says... Mind you, we are not dividing ourselves, we are only gaining knowledge buh from different sources
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Coolgent(m): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Modern slavery!
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Please if you pay to a church yous have never attended will you still receive the blessing

My brother, our God is omnipresent and omnipotent. Follow your heart since it tells you to do what's right.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 10:57am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

I believe u are Christian, so stop selling urself out... I want to ask u a question, if u skul in uniport, where will u write ur final exams? Uniport abi? Or will u go to Unilag and write exam because we are all "students"... don't deceive urself, some church doctrines contradict wat the word of God says... Mind you, we are not dividing ourselves, we are only gaining knowledge buh from different sources

Please, this is not a good example. Schooling and worshipping the Lord are not the same.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2017
DBestDoc:

Read the bible my friend, you'll see in the book of psalms 50: 9 down, you'll understand that God owns everything and he doesn't need your stuff for himself.

The tithe you put in your church is actually for the pastor, to service his needs and other projects at his discretion.

The only way to give to God is to give to your fellow brother or sister in need.

Yes, Jesus said somewhere in the bible that on that day, he'll reject the man that saw him hungry but didn't give him food, saw him naked but didn't cloth him and he was in prison but wasn't visited. What did the man say?

He said Lord, when did i see you hungry and didn't feed you, naked and didn't cloth you...
Jesus replied, whatever you do for my brothers, you do for me and whatever you didn't do for them, you didn't do for me.

We ignore the people that are helpless and in dire need only to service the need of a man that has got all going for him.

Read the bible people, and ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. He will.

Whenever you give to anyone, you'll surely receive the blessings attached to giving. Tithing has the same principle, but it's wisdom to tithe the right way.

Give where it's need and gonna make a huge difference to the receiver, that way you see the evidence of what you gave and you'll be happy in the end.

OGA Know-the-bible, one thing is to read the Bible and the other thing is to get revelation knowledge. That same bible sed, the letter killeth buh the word giveth life... don't become too familiar with the Bible that Uve decided to restrict urself from learning new things from that same bible. I am still learning Gods word and I'm growing in it everyday and it's that same bible that sed in Malachi that We shld bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse and the Lord will open the windows of heaven unto u such that the blessings u will receive there will not be room enough to contain it. I'm following it and it has been producing massive results for me, I don't care who eats the tithe, that's the person's business, all I kno is I've obeyed God's instructions and I've gotten my reward!!!! If u like give ur tithe to beggars, I did not see that in my bible, I only saw give (out of ur own pocket not from tithe) to the needy and God will reward u buh that one is different from the Law of Tithing. OGA take ur own make I take my own, all man for himself. Make I dey here dey work my own salvation jejely
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by DBestDoc(f): 10:59am On Apr 23, 2017
supereagle:
Bible is clear on it: Bring all your tithes to your store house ( your local church )

How did you come to the conclusion about the meaning of the store house of God?
Please, educate me.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:

Please, this is not a good example. Schooling and worshipping the Lord are not the same.

Oh really, wats the difference please stop being religious!!!!
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2017
onyenze123:

Does it make sense to pay 10% of your income to a self acclaimed man of God? (or should I say soft thief)?
Are you a Christian?

Ok, only Christians know what tithing means and from people's comments here, we are trying to find out ways to express ourselves through tithing. And also, to make sure we're on the right track: tithing through the man of God or tithing through the needy etc.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Oh really, wats the difference please stop being religious!!!!
please, sis, I'm not being religious here. Do not contradict yourself. God is God and schooling is schooling. Call a spade a spade.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by DBestDoc(f): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

OGA Know-the-bible, one thing is to read the Bible and the other thing is to get revelation knowledge. That same bible sed, the letter killeth buh the word giveth life... don't become too familiar with the Bible that Uve decided to restrict urself from learning new things from that same bible. I am still learning Gods word and I'm growing in it everyday and it's that same bible that sed in Malachi that We shld bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse and the Lord will open the windows of heaven unto u such that the blessings u will receive there will not be room enough to contain it. I'm following it and it has been producing massive results for me, I don't care who eats the tithe, that's the person's business, all I kno is I've obeyed God's instructions and I've gotten my reward!!!! If u like give ur tithe to beggars, I did not see that in my bible, I only saw give (out of ur own pocket not from tithe) to the needy and God will reward u buh that one is different from the Law of Tithing. OGA take ur own make I take my own, all man for himself. Make I dey here dey work my own salvation jejely

I'm not an oga, I'm a lady just like you.

Please, I'll need you to educate me in the meaning of the store house as used in Malachi.

Remember, the word of God is truth. And it says the Spirit will teach you all things. So, tell me what you feel in your spirit that store house of God means. Don't tell me what your Pastor says.

Being open minded helps you learn a lot, else, you'll get stuck at following man's theories only to discover you've been doing it all wrong when it's late.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
please, sis, I'm not being religious here. Do not contradict yourself. God is God and schooling is schooling. Call a spade a spade.

Nobody is disputing that fact buh I'm trying to pass a msg to u buh it's obvious u don't get it, can't force it on u, All the best
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by DBestDoc(f): 11:05am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Are you a Christian?

Ok, only Christians know what tithing means and from people's comments here, we are trying to find out ways to express ourselves through tithing. And also, to make sure we're on the right track: tithing through the man of God or tithing through the needy etc.

Who is a man of God?
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Nobody is disputing that fact buh I'm trying to pass a msg to u buh it's obvious u don't get it, can't force it on u, All the best
Abeg, come back. I enjoy your presence here. I wouldn't want you to leave that fast. We're all learning.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2017
DBestDoc:

I'm not an oga, I'm a lady just like you.

Please, I'll need you to educate me in the meaning of the store house as used in Malachi.

Remember, the word of God is truth. And it says the Spirit will teach you all things. So, tell me what you feel in your spirit that store house of God means. Don't tell me what your Pastor says.

Being open minded helps you learn a lot, else, you'll get stuck at following man's theories only to discover you've been doing it all wrong when it's late.

My spirit tells me the storehouse is the church Of God... and it has been working for me. If I was wrong, it won't be working, right?? Whenever I give my tithe, I do not lack for that period, I dwell in abundance just like the Bible explained. So, my dear, I'd stick to that instead
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Rakiticbarca: 11:09am On Apr 23, 2017
when it comes to giving of Tithes, you see all these Atheists agents of confusion coming to distract people here on how to give the tithe, they give you options that they never practised in their entire life.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2017
DBestDoc:

Who is a man of God?
someone who is ordained to preach and teach the word of God.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 11:12am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

My spirit tells me the storehouse is the church Of God... and it has been working for me. If I was wrong, it won't be working, right?? Whenever I give my tithe, I do not lack for that period, I dwell in abundance just like the Bible explained. So, my dear, I'd stick to that instead
Wow... Good to hear this from you. Keep it up since that's what you believe in. Gracias.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Abeg, come back. I enjoy your presence here. I wouldn't want you to leave that fast. We're all learning.

Lol... y did that sound rather odd buh in a good way smiley ok I'm here smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Group Wants CAN To Investigate Stephanie Otobo And Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Share Your Testimonies. See mine. Photo / 61st RCCG Annual Convention Theme: Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.