Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? (14611 Views)

7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Wow... Good to hear this from you. Keep it up since that's what you believe in. Gracias.

Thank you sister Girl kiss kiss
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Are you a Christian?

Ok, only Christians know what tithing means and from people's comments here, we are trying to find out ways to express ourselves through tithing. And also, to make sure we're on the right track: tithing through the man of God or tithing through the needy etc.

tithe through the needy pls
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Thank you sister Girl kiss kiss
sister girl?

I AM A MAN
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 11:27am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
sister girl?

I AM A MAN

Oh so sorryyyyyyy,lolzzz, I mistook u for sum1 else, so sorry... thank you all the same smiley
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by DBestDoc(f): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

My spirit tells me the storehouse is the church Of God... and it has been working for me. If I was wrong, it won't be working, right?? Whenever I give my tithe, I do not lack for that period, I dwell in abundance just like the Bible explained. So, my dear, I'd stick to that instead

Ok, i get you.
Now, it works for you because tithing is a facet of giving. Both operate in same divine principle. Anyone who gives MUST receive in multiple folds no matter whom they give to.
In other words, it would still work for you even if you gave to Adolph Hitler who was considered to be one of the hardest men in history.

Learn more about tithing and the reason for that command in num 18:20-30.The levites had no inheritance because they were cosecrated to God alone. They were the people responsible for the temple where God resided. So God commanded the Israelite to bring this 10% into his storehouse which used to be the tent and temple so the Levite could survive. God didn't say you're giving the tithe to him. It was for the priests. That is Love

Read Deuteronomy 14:22 down and emphasize on verses 28 and 29, you'll understand the whole essence of tithing.

It's a symbol of love. Giving to whom doesn't have and not to the people who had.
After Jesus came, he sanctified all and we became his temple/tent where God lives.

Remember, you said His store house is the Church of God which is YOU and I. No longer a temple where God appeared and was served by the Levites in the leventical dispensation, not a building or a ministry, but humans...Humans, Christians are the body of Christ, the Church. That's where i believe our tithes should be paid.

It was nice exchanging ideas with you though. Thanks
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by mmmnaija: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2017
The Christian Bible Reference Site
What Does the Bible Say About the Tithe or Tithing?
Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Bible require me to give 10% of my income to my church?
Should I tithe based on gross or net income?
Am I obligated to give to my church even if I am having trouble paying my bills?
What does the Bible say about church offerings?
Will I receive blessings if I give "seed money" to a ministry?

Old Testament
"Tithe" means a tenth or 10 percent. The tithing system described in the Bible was designed specifically to meet the needs of the religious, economic and political system of ancient Israel. Each of the twelve tribes of Israel, except the tribe of Levi, initially received an allotment of land in the promised land of Canaan. The Levites were assistants to Israel's priests and were supported by a tithe offering from other eleven tribes. All families of those eleven tribes were to give a tenth of all produce, flocks, and cattle to the Levites. In turn, the Levites were to give a tenth of that to support the priests (Leviticus 27:30-33, Numbers 18:21-28). Tithes were also used to meet the needs of foreigners, orphans and widows. (Deuteronomy 26:12-13)

In addition, everyone was to be generous with those in need:

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs. (NIV, Deuteronomy 15:7-cool

New Testament
There are several mentions of tithing in the New Testament (Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, 18:12; Hebrews 7:5-9), but all refer to the Old Testament system. The New Testament does not give any specific rules about tithing, and most aspects of the Old Testament Law do not apply to Christians. (See What Does the Bible Say About the Old Testament Law?)

Jesus seems to support the tithe in Matthew 23:23-24, but these verses are primarily intended as a criticism of the Pharisees as hypocrites who obeyed the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law. They were so meticulous about the law that they tithed even the small amounts of spices they grew in household gardens, but they ignored the more important matters of justice, mercy and faith!

However, Jesus made it clear that we are obligated to be generous to those in need (Matthew 25:31-46).

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (NIV, Matthew 5:42)

Giving is to be done cheerfully, rather than as an obligation (2 Corinthians 9:6-7), and not for the purpose of public recognition (Matthew 6:1-4). The right amount to give may be more or less than ten percent, depending on one's circumstances (Matthew 19:21, Luke 18:22, 21:1-4, Hebrews 13:16, 1 John 3:17). Generous giving is an acknowledgment that everything we have is a gift from God, and is to be used in His service (Luke 12:33, Acts 20:35, 1 Timothy 6:17-19, James 1:17, 1:27, 1 Peter 4:10).

Rather than give a certain amount as an obligation, we are urged to share generously of whatever talents, abilities and wealth God has entrusted to us:

We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. (NIV, Romans 12:6-cool

Questions
Does the Bible require me to give 10 percent of my income to my church? Should my offering be computed on gross or net income?
The Bible does not require Christians to give any certain percentage. Modern day questions about what percentage we should give and whether it should be computed on gross income, net income or wealth are not answered in the Bible. Nor does the Bible tell us how much of our giving should go to a church and how much to help the needy. (See What Does the Bible Say About Generosity and Duty to the Poor?)

In Biblical times Christians typically held their meetings in private homes or public spaces (Acts 2:46, 12:12) and did not have significant operating expenses. However, modern churches do need money to pay for salaries, rent or mortgage payments, utilities, maintenance, supplies and other expenses. Churches also need volunteers for many ministries and tasks. The apostle Paul urged Christians to diligently use their God-given gifts to support the work of the Church (Romans 12:4-cool.
Am I obligated to give to my church even if I am having trouble paying my bills?
No. We must pray and listen to our consciences and consider the needs of ourselves and our families (1 Timothy 5:cool when deciding how much to give. No one should feel pressured to give a certain amount of money or a certain percentage of income to a church or other ministry.
Will I receive blessings if I give a donation or "seed money" to a church or ministry?
No. There is no requirement in the Bible to give "seed money" to a church, preacher or ministry, and no promise that any wealth or other blessings of any kind will come as a result. Verses like Matthew 13:1-9 and 2 Corinthians 9:6-11 are sometimes cited to support requests for seed money or other donations, but the blessings promised here are spiritual blessings, not material blessings.

The Bible does urge us to be generous with our wealth and time. However, any claim that wealth, health, good fortune or other blessings will come as a result of a donation should be looked at with suspicion. http://www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_tithe.htm

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by mmmnaija: 11:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Bible Concordance
Tithes (23 Occurrences)

Matthew 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for ye pay tithes of mint and anise and cummin, and ye have left aside the weightier matters of the law, judgment and mercy and faith: these ye ought to have done and not have left those aside.
(DBY)

Luke 11:42 "But alas for you Pharisees! for you pay tithes on your mint and rue and every kind of garden vegetable, and are indifferent to justice and the love of God. These are the things you ought to have attended to, while not neglecting the others.
(WEY DBY)

Luke 18:12 I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.'
(WEB KJV ASV WBS YLT NAS RSV)

Hebrews 7:5 They indeed of the sons of Levi who receive the priest's office have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brothers, though these have come out of the body of Abraham,
(WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV)

Hebrews 7:6 but he whose genealogy is not counted from them has accepted tithes from Abraham, and has blessed him who has the promises.
(WEB KJV WEY ASV WBS YLT RSV)

Hebrews 7:8 Here people who die receive tithes, but there one receives tithes of whom it is testified that he lives.
(WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)

Hebrews 7:9 We can say that through Abraham even Levi, who receives tithes, has paid tithes,
(WEB KJV WEY ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV)

Genesis 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.
(KJV WBS)

Leviticus 27:31 And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.
(KJV DBY WBS)

Numbers 18:21 And to the children of Levi, behold, I have given all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they perform, the service of the tent of meeting.
(DBY NIV)

Numbers 18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
(KJV DBY WBS NIV)

Numbers 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.
(KJV DBY WBS)

Numbers 18:28 Thus you also shall offer a wave offering to Yahweh of all your tithes, which you receive of the children of Israel; and of it you shall give Yahweh's wave offering to Aaron the priest.
(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)

Deuteronomy 12:6 and there you shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and the wave offering of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herd and of your flock:

Deuteronomy 12:11 then it shall happen that to the place which Yahweh your God shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there, there you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the wave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which you vow to Yahweh.

Deuteronomy 14:28 At the end of every three years, even in the same year, thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase, and shall lay it up within thy gates.
(See NIV)

2 Chronicles 31:12 They brought in the offerings and the tithes and the dedicated things faithfully: and over them Conaniah the Levite was ruler, and Shimei his brother was second.
(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)

Nehemiah 10:37 and that we should bring the first fruits of our dough, and our wave offerings, and the fruit of all manner of trees, the new wine and the oil, to the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and the tithes of our ground to the Levites; for they, the Levites, take the tithes in all the cities of our tillage.

Nehemiah 10:38 The priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes to the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.
(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV)

Nehemiah 12:44 On that day were men appointed over the chambers for the treasures, for the wave offerings, for the first fruits, and for the tithes, to gather into them, according to the fields of the cities, the portions appointed by the law for the priests and Levites: for Judah rejoiced for the priests and for the Levites who waited.

Nehemiah 13:12 Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the wine and the oil unto the treasuries.
(See NIV)

Amos 4:4 "Go to Bethel, and sin; to Gilgal, and sin more. Bring your sacrifices every morning, your tithes every three days,

Malachi 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me! But you say,'How have we robbed you?' In tithes and offerings.
(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV) http://biblehub.com/topical/t/tithes.htm
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by chrisxxx(m): 11:57am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:

I appreciate your input. This username of yours is something else. Ogologo gini?
The name does represent who this wonderful idea would come from. With I have come to believe that God can speak through all of us no matter your outlook.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by TrueHeart365(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

I believe u are Christian, so stop selling urself out... I want to ask u a question, if u skul in uniport, where will u write ur final exams? Uniport abi? Or will u go to Unilag and write exam because we are all "students"... don't deceive urself, some church doctrines contradict wat the word of God says... Mind you, we are not dividing ourselves, we are only gaining knowledge buh from different sources

your analogy is quite myopic and shows how shallow your knowledge in the scripture is.

people like you are the reasons we have so many pastorpreneurs in Nigeria these days.

keep decieving yourself.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 12:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
TrueHeart365:

your analogy is quite myopic and shows how shallow your knowledge in the scripture is.

people like you are the reasons we have so many pastorpreneurs in Nigeria these days.

keep decieving yourself.

Grammarian!!! As u kno it all nah, what has that made u?? Continue lookin down on me while I move forward! Bcs I refuse to think like u, u call me shallow? You are the one that is shallow bcs u dnt kno human beings have different thought patterns and opinions
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by oruma19: 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Handsomeemmy:
I don't think there is anything wrong with splitting as long as you are taking it to the house of God, the command is to bring it into the store house of God .

Malachi 3:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
tithing ended under the law. We are no longer under the law cos we don't have Levites anymore. Ur pastors have businesses running in billions and millions yet they collect tithe. Tithing arrangement was for Levites who were not supposed to work so they could concentrate on the work of God. They owned no properties etc. Even Jesus who operated under the law did not pay tithe.. but there is record of Jesus paying tax. Leave all these businessmen pastors alone with their tithe mata. The most annoying is that they dont have any other message from January to December except tithing. I am not against giving to God in other forms (seed faith, offering, orphanages, widows, poor) etc. Saint Paul did not preach abt tithing. no apostle of Christ collected tithes. tithing has been abolished just the way "eye for eye" was abolished. Google "tithing by femi aribisala" get details.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by oruma19: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
ebukason3:
Det 14:22 said 'set aside a tithe - a tenth of
your fields produce each year'. if you are earning from any field of your
endeavor then you can pay your tithe; but if
you are not earning whatever you give is an
offering not a tithe. Tithe is for the House of
GOD (see Mal 3:10-12) or the fatherless,
widows (see Det 14:28-29). By giving we
acknowledge God, its all about giving back
to God and the society. If you don't have cash, you may have some
knowledge, skills, etc that you use to help
those you are better than, or you can use in
the place of worship. Mat 23:23 and Luke
11:42 emphasize more on justice and love
of God. Many fear God without loving HIM.
Some give tithe just because to receive. Even
though some priests/pastors are corrupt we
give so that there will plenty in the house of
the Lord. (Hope i answer your question, i
stand to be corrected if there is any mistake)
u are neither here nor there. But I perceive u have understanding but trying to be careful not to hurt anyone. My dear tithing has been abolished. If the old laws were perfect Christ could not have come. Tithing arrangement was for the Levites and they were to dedicate themselves to service and nothing else. Today ur pastors own all d properties and material tinz of the world and yet they collect tithe. Stop paying tithe. Use d money to help the poor and needy. Build churches for poor pastors and sponsor evangelism. Don't buy PJ for MOGs. Leave dem alone cos right now they lack message. All they preach year in year out is mal 3:10. They won't show ur Deuteronomy 7, 14. They won't show u Micah 6:7-8 nonsense. Jesus didn't preach tithe neither did he pay or collect tithe. The apostles preached freewill offering cos tithing went with the law. Google "tithing" by femi aribisala. Get insight.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by TrueHeart365(m): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Grammarian!!! As u kno it all nah, what has that made u?? Continue lookin down on me while I move forward! Bcs I refuse to think like u, u call me shallow? You are the one that is shallow bcs u dnt kno human beings have different thought patterns and opinions

don't bother. your response has shown you're not worth the mental energy.

good luck fooling yourself
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by supereagle(m): 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
DBestDoc:

How did you come to the conclusion about the meaning of the store house of God?
Please, educate me.
The priest was talking to the people who have been withholding their tithes from the temple of God in Malachi 8-12 , he referred to the temple as the store house that needed support.
The store house is where you worship regularly, you are being fed spiritually there. You need to support the store house.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by oruma19: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Xtianvic:
that passage of the scripture is meant for the sons of Jacob which are athe Jews and not you as a Christian your pastor always quote 3:10 start from 3:6 you willj see it was talking to Israel as a Nation
u even have time to explain. Leave dem with their gullibility. Many tithe payers haven't read the Bible for once. They only open it when they manage to go to church. That pay tithe for recognition and eye service not with the intent of giving to God.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by itsmeurLady(f): 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
TrueHeart365:

don't bother. your response has shown you're not worth the mental energy.

good luck fooling yourself

Good luck also foolin yourself too, rude fellow
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by jobsat34(m): 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
nnamdibig:

Do you pay your tithe to your parents?

Larger % goes to my parent, the rest to church
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by xtivin(m): 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
1Rebel:
It's not wise to pay tithe. Carry the money and buy stuff for an orphanage. Stop enriching these thieves. angry

Use ya head

The wisdom of God doesn't make sense to carnal man
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by oruma19: 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
itsmeurLady:
Churches? U are spose to worship in just 1 particular church except u want to change church. U are confusing yourself the more if u decide to start attending two churches. Pay ur tithe to the church where u receive divine instructions as well as divine blessings. You are not paying ur tithe to the Man Of God, u are paying ur tithe to God.
is Christ no longer the head of the church? What are u saying? Church should be one, but for the sake of tithes and offerings, everyone is opening his own company"church" and preaching his own doctrine. Abeg nothing like tithing in dis dispensation of grace. I am not against giving to God but tithing has been abolished. Read hebrews 7. All tithe takers are just scammers.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by mykel25(m): 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
DBestDoc:

What is the church of God?
In case you don't know, you and i are the body of Christ. we are God's house/temple.

The house of God is not merely that building with a name where people gather, but the Christians.

If you're spirit filled, you're actually God's house. people prefer to give the 10% of their income to a man that already has more than enough(the pastor) than giving it to a house of God who needs it, which could be that beggar on the road, a student that doesn't have money to pay his fees, a sick person at the hospital who can't afford his bill or even that neighbor of yours whom you know is struggling.
That 10% can make a difference to a part of the body of Christ.

When the command in Malachi 10 was given, the spirit of God dwelt in the temple where only the priest was allowed to go in.
Sacrifices had to be made for atonement of the sins of both the priests and the other hence, people were commanded to bring 10% of their income to make these sacred duty possible.

The priests then were also levites whose inheritance were of the Lord, they were concentrated for God, so their need had to be taken care of from the 10% that their brothers brought into the temple.

Now, when Jesus died, that curtain was torn into two and we all had access to God.

The spirit was given freely to live in us, if the spirit resides in us, then we are God's temple and church. Your tithes are supposed to go to the temple of God where it is needed.

Look around you, there are thousands of God's temple in need of that 10% but we prefer to go give a man, one specific man that probably has more than us all in the name of tithing.

These are spiritual things, and only the spirit of God can expose to us if we're willing.

You share same thought with me on this issue.... Buh never wanted to answer OP question in that direction so as not to raise a controversy I wasn't prepared for.... I have learnt more from you to buttress my point in tithing....i personally have a giving formula for my tithe...

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by deewhydoski(m): 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
It is not wise to split ur tithe. What u can do is to interchange it. I.e if u pay into one particular church this month, u can pay it to another church the following month
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by mykel25(m): 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
DBestDoc:

Read the bible my friend, you'll see in the book of psalms 50: 9 down, you'll understand that God owns everything and he doesn't need your stuff for himself.

The tithe you put in your church is actually for the pastor, to service his needs and other projects at his discretion.

The only way to give to God is to give to your fellow brother or sister in need.

Yes, Jesus said somewhere in the bible that on that day, he'll reject the man that saw him hungry but didn't give him food, saw him naked but didn't cloth him and he was in prison but wasn't visited. What did the man say?

He said Lord, when did i see you hungry and didn't feed you, naked and didn't cloth you...
Jesus replied, whatever you do for my brothers, you do for me and whatever you didn't do for them, you didn't do for me.

We ignore the people that are helpless and in dire need only to service the need of a man that has got all going for him.

Read the bible people, and ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding. He will.

Whenever you give to anyone, you'll surely receive the blessings attached to giving. Tithing has the same principle, but it's wisdom to tithe the right way.

Give where it's need and gonna make a huge difference to the receiver, that way you see the evidence of what you gave and you'll be happy in the end.

I love your initiative.....i use to think m d only one thinking in this direction ni....

I fill fulfilled if I help the needy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by oruma19: 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
DBestDoc:

What is the church of God?
In case you don't know, you and i are the body of Christ. we are God's house/temple.

The house of God is not merely that building with a name where people gather, but the Christians.

If you're spirit filled, you're actually God's house. people prefer to give the 10% of their income to a man that already has more than enough(the pastor) than giving it to a house of God who needs it, which could be that beggar on the road, a student that doesn't have money to pay his fees, a sick person at the hospital who can't afford his bill or even that neighbor of yours whom you know is struggling.
That 10% can make a difference to a part of the body of Christ.

When the command in Malachi 10 was given, the spirit of God dwelt in the temple where only the priest was allowed to go in.
Sacrifices had to be made for atonement of the sins of both the priests and the other hence, people were commanded to bring 10% of their income to make these sacred duty possible.

The priests then were also levites whose inheritance were of the Lord, they were concentrated for God, so their need had to be taken care of from the 10% that their brothers brought into the temple.

Now, when Jesus died, that curtain was torn into two and we all had access to God.

The spirit was given freely to live in us, if the spirit resides in us, then we are God's temple and church. Your tithes are supposed to go to the temple of God where it is needed.

Look around you, there are thousands of God's temple in need of that 10% but we prefer to go give a man, one specific man that probably has more than us all in the name of tithing.

These are spiritual things, and only the spirit of God can expose to us if we're willing.
u tried so much in ur analysis. I rily appreciate but my brother, I am also not against giving money to the church in whatever guise, bt the truth is, it should not be called "tithe" cos we do not have Levites anymore and we are under a new covenant, the law under wc tithe operated has been abolished and Jesus has become our high priest. The church needs money yes, bt they should not gather finance by telling lies. Hebrewa 7 says it all. Micah 6:7-8 is the requirement for acceptable service to God. When they quote mal 3:10 y don't they quote Deuteronomy 7 and 14.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by OgundeleT(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
it is unwise to pay all sufficient god your hard earn dough because if he/she exist he/she won't need it
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by fynex(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Let's check a scenerio where you worship in a particular church, but attend a ministry else where and decide to pay your Tithe. How wise would it be to split your tithe among those places of worship?

As the Spirit leads, don't think it's wrong, have seen people pay tithes to their home churches and their main churches in town....

At least you are paying what you have to pay...According to the word of God
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Chynwe(f): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
You pay your tithe to the man of God,you receive spiritual strength,where u grow spiritualy.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by swagifted(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
Your church is where you pay your tithe. Prayer ministries don't suppose to be receiving tithe unless you don't have any church where you worship. But you can appreciate the pastor there. Every child of God must endeavor to pay h/her tithe don't let Atheists or your pastor's life style deceive you not to pay. It is for the work of God and if the pastor or the church decides to waste it, they'll face the consequence if not now on the judgement day.
LOL, i want to waste it on myself and face the consequence, every body na pastor lowkey, pay yourself your tithe.. Win win for all.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by steve13(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Gracidoinlove:

Very correct

Very sad, Jesus Christ DID NOT COLLECT TITHE FROM ANYONE
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by steve13(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Don't swallow everything you hear in Churches, I go to Church to praise God, worship and pray , listen to the pastor and meditate , I pay offering for Diesel , and some other expenses to keep the church clean , anyone asking you for tithe is a thief , Aliko Dangote , a Muslim is the richest black man on earth,

Stop being foolish biko, stop already ,alot of people are caged
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by oratorOdunayo1(m): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Equal2DeTask:
You all are confused...

www.nairaland.com/311092/it-ok-pay-tithes-different

www.nairaland.com/3231397/where-correct-place-pay-tithes

U keep on repeating the same issue from Year to Year...

The Mod that put this on the FP must be a dimwitted Fellow..

It doesn't matter, we need to sometime remind ourselves tjings that are significant. some people joined NL this year and could benefit from it. Will your pastor preaches dangers of sins just once in your fellowship?

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by ebukason3(m): 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
Xtianvic:
pls is tithe give to Christians to pay? If yes give bible back up
please dont be offended, i dont understand your question. Can you rewrite it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

61st RCCG Annual Convention Theme: Jesus / Share Your Testimonies. See mine. Photo / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.