Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? (14609 Views)

7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Signboard Of 4 Different Churches In The Same Building / Couples Attending Different Churches: Word For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by TrueHeart365(m): 8:02am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
Your church is where you pay your tithe. Prayer ministries don't suppose to be receiving tithe unless you don't have any church where you worship. But you can appreciate the pastor there. Every child of God must endeavor to pay h/her tithe don't let Atheists or your pastor's life style deceive you not to pay. It is for the work of God and if the pastor or the church decides to waste it, they'll face the consequence if not now on the judgement day.

so the normal offerring you pay is for what?
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:02am On Apr 23, 2017
If I'm right, tithes are used to feed the servants of God and keep the ministry going
but...
If a church pastor or priest can sustain his church from his own pockets, don't even pay any tithe to him.
The Lord said, leave whatever you have and follow me. So, imo, our don't pay your tithe to any pastor that is rich already. use it to take care of the poor. they need it more.
I ain't giving my tithe to a fat pastor who rides a Bentley and owns 5 private jets.
The over religious people will have my head now but who cares... I'm just a potato salad.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Nokiaguy(m): 8:05am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
Your church is where you pay your tithe. Prayer ministries don't suppose to be receiving tithe unless you don't have any church where you worship. But you can appreciate the pastor there. Every child of God must endeavor to pay h/her tithe don't let Atheists or your pastor's life style deceive you not to pay. It is for the work of God and if the pastor or the church decides to waste it, they'll face the consequence if not now on the judgement day.

you've said my mind bro.. God bless

Click here to get latest Celebrity Gossip
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Sunnynwa: 8:05am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Let's check a scenerio where you worship in a particular church, but attend a ministry else where and decide to pay your Tithe. How wise would it be to split your tithe among those places of worship?

Paying your tithe to a church is scam. You should be in charge of dispensing and administering your tithe.

Read Deuteronomy 14: 22 - 29
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Sunnynwa: 8:06am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:

Where is it stated in the bible that you have to hand over 10% of your earnings to your church?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by ebukason3(m): 8:10am On Apr 23, 2017
Det 14:22 said 'set aside a tithe - a tenth of your fields produce each year'. if you are earning from any field of your endeavor then you can pay your tithe; but if you are not earning whatever you give is an offering not a tithe. Tithe is for the House of GOD (see Mal 3:10-12) or the fatherless, widows (see Det 14:28-29). By giving we acknowledge God, its all about giving back to God and the society. If you don't have cash, you may have some knowledge, skills, etc that you use to help those you are better than, or you can use in the place of worship. Mat 23:23 and Luke 11:42 emphasize more on justice and love of God. Many fear God without loving HIM. Some give tithe just because to receive. Even though some priests/pastors are corrupt we give so that there will plenty in the house of the Lord. (Hope i answer your question, i stand to be corrected if there is any mistake)

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by PrinzEleju: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2017
Gracidoinlove:

Very correct
how far babe,let's do it nae
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Xtianvic(m): 8:17am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
Let's check a scenerio where you worship in a particular church, but attend a ministry else where and decide to pay your Tithe. How wise would it be to split your tithe among those places of worship?
the question is: are Christians instructed to pay tithe?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by jobsat34(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2017
nnamdibig:
Tithe is between you and God so you can give to church or churches any way you think pleases God and you.

and in a situation whereby my mum n dad are my small god, i can split it between them right?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Xtianvic(m): 8:22am On Apr 23, 2017
ebukason3:
Det 14:22 said 'set aside a tithe - a tenth of
your fields produce each year'. if you are earning from any field of your
endeavor then you can pay your tithe; but if
you are not earning whatever you give is an
offering not a tithe. Tithe is for the House of
GOD (see Mal 3:10-12) or the fatherless,
widows (see Det 14:28-29). By giving we
acknowledge God, its all about giving back
to God and the society. If you don't have cash, you may have some
knowledge, skills, etc that you use to help
those you are better than, or you can use in
the place of worship. Mat 23:23 and Luke
11:42 emphasize more on justice and love
of God. Many fear God without loving HIM.
Some give tithe just because to receive. Even
though some priests/pastors are corrupt we
give so that there will plenty in the house of
the Lord. (Hope i answer your question, i
stand to be corrected if there is any mistake)
pls is tithe give to Christians to pay? If yes give bible back up
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by ayodeledy: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Is like you are citizen of Nigeria but split your tax between Nigeria and America because you use to visit America. Bible is specific about place to pay your tithe, "In the store house" that is where you feed spiritually. Not where you visit occasionally.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by godunia(m): 8:25am On Apr 23, 2017
Tithe is under the Levitical where the priest where not expected to be given enheritance under the Mosaic arrangement. the 11 tribes of Israel were expected to contribute 10 percent to the heads of the Levi and in turn, the Levi give 10 percent to the priest. (Heb 7:5).however, this arrangement did not bring perfection to man and God thus made a permanent arrangement through the Christ, tithe is for those dying (that is under the law) but those who live (that's under christ do not pay nor receive tithe) Heb 7:8.Heb 7:12 thereforr concludes the argument this way " For since the priesthood is being changed, it becomes necessary to change the Law as well". This is the only part of the Christian Greek scripture where the word tithe appeared in the Bible and the letter was meant for Heb Christians who were mixing the law with the priesthood of Christ. while you are free to give all your earnings to God, please do not call it tithe,Christians don't pay tithe except you go show me where church (not temple) should pay tithe or receive tithe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Xtianvic(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
where in the scripture were we CHRISTIANS told to pay tithe?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Gabra(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2017
MrTeeo:
Did Jesus pay tithe? What would Jesus do?
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty" Malachi 3 :10
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2017
Chrisozone:
You are still confuse. You are not yet a christian
Are you one?
Ogbakolo:
the are so many foolish christian in this country number 18 vs 21 go read that then decide who to pay to. foolish people
why must you insult? I hope you are a Christian?
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by obailala(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:
I have a local church in my community which I previously attended, and which I know is in dire need of funds... Now I live in Abuja/Lagos/overseas and attend a mega church which is well to do. Out of simple wisdom, I would certainty be splitting my contributions 80:20 in favour of my old church. Anyone that says this is wrong lacks wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by CallmeLucy(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2017
90% of people pay tithes not because they love God and doing his will. It's just because of the blessing which is attached to as mentioned in the bible PLUS recognition from Pastors. You see new members giving tithes just to get close to the pastor. I don't really go to church no more sha.

I need to mention this as well, the money you're giving as tithe, what is it being used for? Why pay 50k per month as tithe to a Pastor who's worth $150 million? Doesn't make sense at all. Even Jesus would like "see this stupid man". Ok, the bible instructed us to pay tax, you need to remember that the bible was written thousands of years ago and a lot has changed.

Why not make it a duty of yours to sponsor a kid in the motherless babies home? If the kid becomes anything great tomorrow, YOU MADE HIM, that's giving back to the people and there's nothing that gives more joy than that.

Instead of making your Pastor richer, change the life of an helpless kid..........

Happy Sunday

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 8:37am On Apr 23, 2017
ayodeledy:
Is like you are citizen of Nigeria but split your tax between Nigeria and America because you use to visit America. Bible is specific about place to pay your tithe, "In the store house" that is where you feed spiritually. Not where you visit occasionally.
oga o. How did you come up with this fact? If I'm to go by what you said, ministry should be the right place sef. Because we go to ministries more often than we attend church services which comes up on Sundays.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Xtianvic(m): 8:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Handsomeemmy:
I don't think there is anything wrong with splitting as long as you are taking it to the house of God, the command is to bring it into the store house of God .

Malachi 3:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
that passage of the scripture is meant for the sons of Jacob which are athe Jews and not you as a Christian your pastor always quote 3:10 start from 3:6 you will see it was talking to Israel as a Nation

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 8:40am On Apr 23, 2017
obailala:
I have a local church in my community which I previously attended, and which I know is in dire need of funds... Now I live in Abuja/Lagos/overseas and attend a mega church which is well to do. Out of simple wisdom, I would certainty be splitting my contributions 80:20 in favour of my old church. Anyone that says this is wrong lacks wisdom.
I gift you one LIKE. You follow your heart. You're a free spirit like me.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by aboyaji(m): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2017
CallmeLucy:
90% of people pay tithes not because they love God and doing his will. It's just because of the blessing which is attached to as mentioned in the bible PLUS recognition from Pastors. You see new members giving tithes just to get close to the pastor. I don't really go to church no more sha.

I need to mention this as well, the money you're giving as tithe, what is it being used for? Why pay 50k per month as tithe to a Pastor who's worth $150 million? Doesn't make sense at all. Even Jesus would like "see this stupid man". Ok, the bible instructed us to pay tax, you need to remember that the bible was written thousands of years ago and a lot has changed.

Why not make it a duty of yours to sponsor a kid in the motherless babies home? If the kid becomes anything great tomorrow, YOU MADE HIM, that's giving back to the people and there's nothing that gives more joy than that.

Instead of making your Pastor richer, change the life of an helpless kid..........

Happy Sunday

Thank you so much for this. You really made a very good point here. Makes sense to me.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by nnamdibig(m): 8:45am On Apr 23, 2017
jobsat34:

and in a situation whereby my mum n dad are my small god, i can split it between them right?

Do you pay your tithe to your parents?
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Siscooh: 8:47am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
Paying your Tithes in your church is obedience and order too but Prayer Ministries are equally assignment from God like your church. Let God lead us

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by joganut(m): 9:02am On Apr 23, 2017
later you people will cry that there is recession. keep paying so your daddy in the lord can afford more luxuries. FOOLS

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by bukolafakeye(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
Your church is where you pay your tithe. Prayer ministries don't suppose to be receiving tithe unless you don't have any church where you worship. But you can appreciate the pastor there. Every child of God must endeavor to pay h/her tithe don't let Atheists or your pastor's life style deceive you not to pay. It is for the work of God and if the pastor or the church decides to waste it, they'll face the consequence if not now on the daydgement day.
work of God like private jet, mansion and other fleet of businesses for GO and his cronies. I wonder Why people still think enriching pastor's life is doing work of God when Christ told d rich man to go sell all his properties and give d proceed to d poor without even ask for a tithe of it to be given to any church. He said ad long as you doit to the least Og these ones, you have done it to me
Religion is a veil we should remove from d temple of our sanity

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by mikaj(m): 9:17am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:

APPRECIATE PASTOR in TITHE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 23, 2017
aboyaji:

nonsense
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by Idango(m): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2017
TrueHeart365:
it's not compulsory you pay tithe.

jesus christ preached that you should give willingly and not grudgingly, for God loves a cheerful giver.

any church that makes it compulsory is run by a mafia playing with the gullible Nigerians.

na only for Nigeria i dey hear this tithe matter like sey na taxgrin.
. Where else have you gone to ?
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by ELOGBO: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2017
So ministries are not doing the work of God The most important thing is the faith of bringing out the sum, wonder to where u worship or not what God seen it the faith first not the sentiments
Thanks.
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by ELOGBO: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2017
God sees the faith of bringing out the money obediently wonder to ur church or ministries, he doesn't check that, u can imagine ur tithe is like 1m, do u thinks Is easy to alway bring it out genuinely That y God looks at the heart n physical while most christian today look at the physical
Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by tomiade1(m): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2017
As for me and my house, we nor dey pay tithe oh. . some of us are used to using our brains.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? by kaltonga: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2017
ogologoamu:
are prayer minstries not doing the work of God as tonot recieving ones tithe?

/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Testimonies. See mine. Photo / 61st RCCG Annual Convention Theme: Jesus / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.